Michael Jackson’s Halloween - New animated special coming this fall

After thinking about it more and reading the plot for the special (which apparently is supposed to end with a dance finale by an animated MJ), I'm not as angry about the Halloween special as I was. I probably will watch it. But I am still very angry at the Estate for getting us all hyped for this "big" announcement when really, this Halloween special is something they could've announced right off the bat instead of getting the fans all hyped up. If it was something like Thriller 3-D or Thriller 35 or Ghosts on Blu-ray/DVD or even a late Dangerous 25 release, then yeah, that would have been a huge announcement and most if not all of the fans would have been happy and excited. But a project like the animated Halloween special is - IMO - not something to keep under wraps for a while, especially when you're calling that project "pleasantly surprising". Like I said, I don't necessarily hate the Halloween special as much as I did and I probably will watch it, but I really think they should have just announced it right off the bat instead of getting the fan community all hyped up and everything. That's the reason why I'm still angry at the Estate.

Yet you still replied. Let me clarify something. We aren't really discussing or arguing. You are entitled to your opinion. If you want believe this was substituted for another project in the last 24 hrs, you can. Nobody is stopping you. And I can believe the opposite. "We don't know" isn't really a strong argument in my perspective. With that logic we know nothing about inner workings of the Estate so we shouldn't have any opinions. As far as I'm concerned we don't really need to know everything, we can use common sense.

But to say you 'completely disagree' with someone who's merely weighing up the possibilities. I'd just say 'yeah maybe but my hunch is this...'. It's less provocative.

After thinking about it more and reading the plot for the special (which apparently is supposed to end with a dance finale by an animated MJ), I'm not as angry about the Halloween special as I was. I probably will watch it. But I am still very angry at the Estate for getting us all hyped for this "big" announcement when really, this Halloween special is something they could've announced right off the bat instead of getting the fans all hyped up. If it was something like Thriller 3-D or Thriller 35 or Ghosts on Blu-ray/DVD or even a late Dangerous 25 release, then yeah, that would have been a huge announcement and most if not all of the fans would have been happy and excited. But a project like the animated Halloween special is - IMO - not something to keep under wraps for a while, especially when you're calling that project "pleasantly surprising". Like I said, I don't necessarily hate the Halloween special as much as I did and I probably will watch it, but I really think they should have just announced it right off the bat instead of getting the fan community all hyped up and everything. That's the reason why I'm still angry at the Estate.

I feel the same way

I remember watching 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo back in the 90s being the first show where I saw Scrappy thinking how annoying and unlikable he was but loving the show either way because of Vincent van Ghoul. :D Vincent even did the Thriller laughter at the end of the intro. Sorry I went off topic... Anyways, I hope they include him aa well in the special. Vincent is iconic of Halloween and not just because of Thriller.

The animated show is planting the seed for future generations.. If the estate only released things ONLY to satisfy the fan base that's been around.. Well, we're not always going to be around. They have the thought of continuous growth of a business.. the hunt for new fans is a huge part of the business. new fans buy more.. They have more to buy!

If the animated show/movie whatever is not your thing, well - lets see what is to come outside of that. no need to hate on it so much!! I mean it's not hurting anyone, only a little fun for some fans and to get music out to youngsters at the same time..

IM Global Lands International Rights to ‘Michael Jackson’s Halloween’

Stewart Clarke

International Correspondent@varietystewart​ ​ ​ ​

Share This Article ​ ​ Talk ​

July 13, 2017 | 08:00AM PT IM Global​ will take “Michael Jackson​’s Halloween” out internationally after landing distribution rights to the animated special, which will air on CBS​ in the U.S.

Produced by Optimum, the Michael Jackson company now owned by his estate, the special will feature an animated version of the late singer and performer in its finale and have Jackson songs throughout.

Voice talent on the special includes Christine Baranski (“The Good Fight”), Kiersey Clemons (“Justice League”), and Alan Cumming (“The Good Wife”). The special, which bows on CBS this fall, follows two millennials, Vincent and Victoria, who find themselves on a mysterious Halloween journey inside a hotel on 777 Jackson Street.

John Branca and John McClain, co-executors of The Estate of Michael Jackson, serve as executive producers on the special. The “Halloween” deal is Optimum’s latest with IM Global, which also distributed “Michael Jackson’s Journey From Motown to Off the Wall,” the Spike Lee documentary about the singer.

“I am thrilled and truly thankful for the opportunity to partner with the Estate of Michael Jackson on the international distribution of ‘Michael Jackson’s Halloween,’” said IM Global Television’s distribution boss Eli Shibley. “This is a universally relatable story accompanied by a magically re-imagined Michael Jackson song list.”

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/michael-jackson-halloween-1202494569/​

I just had a look into the future....

The animated Halloween special airs - it's great, BUT - then all of a sudden Monster starts....

MJJC goes cracy... fans are furious. Ohh the hate towards the Estate will be massive.

MJ Estate - IF you do read this... PLEASE do NOT include any Cascio songs...

Why does you bring this songs in this thread? The Estate allready statet that the songs are dead.

I just had a look into the future....

The animated Halloween special airs - it's great, BUT - then all of a sudden Monster starts....

MJJC goes cracy... fans are furious. Ohh the hate towards the Estate will be massive.

MJ Estate - IF you do read this... PLEASE do NOT include any Cascio songs...

LOL I hope they wouldn't do that.

I notice the press release mentioned reimagined songs. I guess they'll be cut and the production updated in some way. They're not going to fit many in a 60 minute show!
But if they stick only with the Halloween theme they only need to squeeze in thriller, ghosts, is it scary, threatened (and exclude monster). That's doable.

Why does you bring this songs in this thread? The Estate allready statet that the songs are dead.

Well considering someone has put a "mj album" with some pf those songs in a auction recently..........

I think the fact they are already mentioning MJ music (making it clear not just one song) the big driving force of this is simply to get MJ music heard by a young audience.. There's no reason to be mad at that! Sneaking an MJ song in a kid movie (angry birds or whatever other movie) does not bring as much attention to his music as a full special surrounding his music..

We get excited when films use MJ's music or likeness (when positive), but when the same thing is done with an announcement we get mad!?! They should not have did a pre-announcement, letting us know that they were going to announce something.. WE built it up and let ourselves down.

I understand the estate is trying to create and encourage new fans, just don't think it will appeal to many unless it streams online and is uploaded to streaming services like Netflix etc. That way it will be seen by a wider audience.
Talking to other people at work, they seem like it always comes back to Thriller, whenever MJ is mentioned and I deffo think there's more to MJ than that.
It's time for the estate to concentrate on maybe other things like a Touring Michael Jackson musical like other artists and bands have done in recent years.

Maybe this project just isnt my thing, seems like an easy thing to create and slap out.

^ Well who knows where it will go after it airs on TV.. TV is still a better way to debut new things like this.. That way commercials will advertise it, bringing in more viewers.. The special obviously does not have a fan base to get people watching already that would get people interested. Maybe Netflix will get it afterwards!

I completely agree with those who think that this project is to introduce Michael to a new audience - without that his legacy and influence will wane.

Over the past few days I went on a Michael bender and was watching alot of fan videos and alot of people said that they had no idea who Michael was or did not know much about them. But once exposed they started digging deeper and discovering his music and performances. We cannot assume that the younger generation will discover Michael through osmosis. The Estate has to continually work to keep us established fans satisfied, but they also have to find ways to grow his fanbase. I think this is a good project for that.

What's the negativity surrounding this project? Granted it wasn't what I was expecting but this excites me way more than Thriller 3D. Who actually cares about 3D anymore? This is something new & exciting and a great way to introduce MJ to new audience. If this animated series is a success, it can air every year on Halloween which will only further enhance MJ's legacy. My only wish is that they also use MJ's other horror songs such as Ghosts, Is It Scary & Threatened, and not just Thriller.

And I'm pretty sure this isn't the only thing coming out this year. I expect the Estate to re-issue a Thriller 35th anniversary edition which they'll probably announce soon.

What's the negativity surrounding this project? Granted it wasn't what I was expecting but this excites me way more than Thriller 3D. Who actually cares about 3D anymore? This is something new & exciting and a great way to introduce MJ to new audience. If this animated series is a success, it can air every year on Halloween which will only further enhance MJ's legacy. My only wish is that they also use MJ's other horror songs such as Ghosts, Is It Scary & Threatened, and not just Thriller.

And I'm pretty sure this isn't the only thing coming out this year. I expect the Estate to re-issue a Thriller 35th anniversary edition which they'll probably announce soon.
Maybe not of re-issue.

What's the negativity surrounding this project? Granted it wasn't what I was expecting but this excites me way more than Thriller 3D. Who actually cares about 3D anymore?

It's not about the 3D. The main reason people are excited(I think) is because it will be in HD.

Me too. - It'll be interesting to see if the Scream album has anything to do with it - I mean if the songs from the album is in the animates serie.

CBS‏Verifizierter Account @CBS · 2 Std.Vor 2 Stunden

Mark your calendars for a spooky special! 'Michael Jackson's Halloween' will air October 27 on CBS: http://bit.ly/2jNLvCL

^^^

Great to have a date. - I hope I will be able to see it in Denmark too.

Annita;4206944 said:
CBS‏Verifizierter Account @CBS · 2 Std.Vor 2 Stunden

Mark your calendars for a spooky special! 'Michael Jackson's Halloween' will air October 27 on CBS: http://bit.ly/2jNLvCL
Same Stranger Things season 2 day

Back