Michael Jackson’s Halloween - New animated special coming this fall

Did anyone notice that the same music that was played during the intro of the hologram Slave to the Rhythm performance was also played in the Halloween special? I wonder if the piece of music is from an MJ song???

^ I was wondering the same thing! Either they used it now considered part of "Slave To The Rhythm" so technically MJ song! or it goes to another song that MJ actually did seperately..

I somewhat think they created and used it considering an "MJ" audio

Did anyone notice that the same music that was played during the intro of the hologram Slave to the Rhythm performance was also played in the Halloween special? I wonder if the piece of music is from an MJ song???

^ I was wondering the same thing! Either they used it now considered part of "Slave To The Rhythm" so technically MJ song! or it goes to another song that MJ actually did seperately..

I somewhat think they created and used it considering an "MJ" audio

Uhh at what point exactly? From what I recall, the intro for STTR is briefly heard right before the Torture scene. It's the same as the album version, just without the additional chain sound effects. The hologram version starts with a soundscape of military sounds over a differnt orchestral piece, but I don't recall hearing that in the film. The drill you hear in the spider scene is taken from This Is It.

Anything STTR you hear is from Timbaland's 2014 mix, of which the instrumentals were all created new. Any of the mixes released officially by the Estate, be it album or hologram mix, are considered part of MJ's catalogue. Also why the 2014 version of Xscape is used much earlier in the film.

http://lightscamerajaxson.blogspot.de/2017/10/michael-jacksons-halloween-for-fans.html?spref=tw

nice details

purple%2Bking.JPG
In the elevator, this purple plaque with a crown in the middle signifies royalty for the King of Pop

MJ%2BT%2Bshirt.JPG
Protagonist Vincent wearing an MJ T shirt.

TII%2Bwallpaper.JPG
This Is It wallpaper.

dangerous%2Bstained%2Bglass.JPG
Dangerous Stained Glass.

Bad%2Blicense%2Bplate.JPG
BAD license plate

Uhh at what point exactly? From what I recall, the intro for STTR is briefly heard right before the Torture scene. It's the same as the album version, just without the additional chain sound effects. The hologram version starts with a soundscape of military sounds over a differnt orchestral piece, but I don't recall hearing that in the film. The drill you hear in the spider scene is taken from This Is It.

Anything STTR you hear is from Timbaland's 2014 mix, of which the instrumentals were all created new. Any of the mixes released officially by the Estate, be it album or hologram mix, are considered part of MJ's catalogue. Also why the 2014 version of Xscape is used much earlier in the film.

The music right after Conformity threatens to turn the cat into a zombie. It's the same intro from the STTR performance.

Just saw Mariah Carey get a Christmas animated speciel.

TV Animated shows are the new thing. :)

I like the idea of a Halloween-themed Michael Jackson movie. However, when the characters look like the Sims characters, I'm immediately put off. Certain aspects were actually quite nice, like the Bad number plate and the Dangerous album artwork stained glass

Last edited:
I feel the characters in Mariah Carey's movie also look like Sims characters. Why can't we have more old fashioned cartoons, like Dumbo, Bambi and Pinocchio. I embrace new technology, but I feel they're using it in the wrong way. The charms of old cartoons is that it looks hand-drawn and coloured, not digitally animated. However, new technology could be used to create an even more mesmerising experience when they make it look old fashioned, but in better quality/HD. That would be great!

we can all admit it was fairly lame.. It's nothing I will be watch ever again! considering it is Michael Jackson related, that says a lot.. I appreciate the effort, the plot was good, great nods to Michael that only fans would know.. But the execution was cheese and obviously done with budget in mind!

Just being bluntly honest with my opinion.. I told someone from work to tune in, she's an MJ fan (between casual fan and big fan) and lets say I regretted telling her to watch it.

"Optimum Productions, with animation by Hammerhead." which produced Michael Jackson's Halloween special!

HAMMERHEAD ANIMATION

IN 2003 HAMMERHEAD OPENED ITS FIRST INTERNATIONAL STUDIO IN SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA. OUR SEOUL STUDIO IS DEDICATED TO THE PRODUCTION OF HIGH QUALITY ANIMATION BASED ON IMPORTANT BRANDED CHARACTERS AND ICONIC STORIES FROM AROUND THE WORLD. WE HAVE PRODUCED NINE ANIMATED FEATURE FILMS AND SPECIALIZE IN BRAND EXTENSION PROJECTS WITH CLIENTS SUCH AS THE CARTOON NETWORK, NICKELODEON, MATTEL AND ACTIVISION.

worldmaplgrvsd.jpeg

http://www.hammerhead.com/animation.html

I remember reading something about a new BOTD video but never saw any details? Was it officially announced by the MJ Estate?

Thanks Annita, but that's not what we're referring to. There was gonna be a new BOTDF video with Immortal dancers. It had new outtakes form the original video and is kinda like the Blue Gangsta video as far as having the dancers from Immortal.

I didn't realize this was it-I thought I read that Cirque had created a special one-off performance for it.

ETA: Sorry @Lil Ced-I must have skipped your post. That's what I thought as well-but I haven't seen it posted yet.

Last edited:
The Best of Internet‏ @TheBestofMJJ · 46 Min.Vor 46 Minuten

Interesting...

"MICHAEL JACKSON's Halloween" (CBS). Friday night against World Series Game: 5.67 million viewers

"BRUNO MARS: 24K Magic Live at the Apollo" (CBS). Wednesday night against...nothing/nobody: 5.36 million viewers

^ My question would be.. How many disappointed viewers on the MJ special compared to the Bruno mars special lol!

As much as I can appreciate having an MJ special, I will tell you that is one I will never watch again.

Back