Michael Jackson Estate, Sony Music Extend Partnership for Recordings

An fan told this, a fan told that, well really reliable sources.

Fact is Bad 25 was a really, really good projekt but it seems more enjoyable for some fans to nit pick on it and what could be better.

Didn't Bad25 have six or so unreleased never heard songs/demos on it???

Yes it had:

Don`T Be Messin around
I`m SO Blue
Song Groove
Free
Price of Fame
Al Capone

A incredible good package.

An fan told this, a fan told that, well really reliable sources.

Fact is Bad 25 was a really, really good projekt but it seems more enjoyable for some fans to nit pick on it and what could be better.
You can appreciate the good aspects of it and still discuss how it could have been better. And if some people didn't like it, they also have the right to discuss that opinion.

Yes it had:

Don`T Be Messin around
I`m SO Blue
Song Groove
Free
Price of Fame
Al Capone

A incredible good package.
I enjoyed Bad 25 a lot, but wouldn't you have liked it more if you'd have had all the dance mixes and additional demos instead of those remixes?

I bought Bad 25 just because of Wembley 88 :D I could have bough the single DVD edition, but I wanted to support the project thinking that The Estate would release more concerts in future........smh

I love the Bad 25 project
I much prefer to look to the positives, the brilliant BAD TOUR WEMBLEY CONCERT (finally) and the incredible demos. Rather than the quality and remixes

I'm going into this one glass half full.
Time will tell if this is a good deal long term. Hopefully the Estate and Sony come up with more projects the fans can get behind and the public show interest in. Fingers crossed for more concerts, unseen footage and unheard demos. The value of unreleased Michael Jackson material will only go up as the years pass.

I enjoyed Bad 25 a lot, but wouldn't you have liked it more if you'd have had all the dance mixes and additional demos instead of those remixes?

I did not say that I would have liked it when it had even more demos. But I am happy with the six which I think is a lot and I am happy when we get more demos maybe with Bad 50, lol. We did not have to get everything in the first ten years after Michael`s death.

I did say fans took words from anonoymus fans as true sources.

I would only expect the agreement to have been made considering $$$.. meaning, to make money things need to be released! X amount of projects within X time.. I just hope that much of that is unseen, unreleased, and/or unheard materiel.

I did not say that I would have liked it when it had even more demos. But I am happy with the six which I think is a lot and I am happy when we get more demos maybe with Bad 50, lol. We did not have to get everything in the first ten years after Michael`s death.

I did say fans took words from anonoymus fans as true sources.
That I agree with. I actually think they should have held back more and (at least) done way more to make those outtakes they did release seem more special/important.

I think six new tracks on Bad 25 was fine as well. It would have been great to have gotten the dance mixes or original mixes instead of the unnecessary remixes though. I also think the project may have performed better that way. Their marketing strategy of on the one hand trying to appeal to the fanbase (Wembley, demos) and on the other the general public (crappy remixes) really didn't pan out.

I’m beyond grateful for Bad 25. It; just like all the projects the estate have released had its flaws but I’m glad we got something. A few songs we never knew exist Bad tour dvd and cd. We all have an idea on how we would have celebrated Bad 25th anniversary. I think some of us were just a tad disappointed because the Estate said they were going to included demos of the songs that made the actually album. Which did not happen. I spoke to someone that works for Sony. They proposed what they thought the estate should include. The Demos of the released songs was one, special 12in boxset, the Pepsi material etc. I’ll be the first to admit we have been spoiled and I’m thankful.

Cprep20;4213979 said:
I’m beyond grateful for Bad 25. It; just like all the projects the estate have released had its flaws but I’m glad we got something. A few songs we never knew exist Bad tour dvd and cd. We all have an idea on how we would have celebrated Bad 25th anniversary. I think some of us were just a tad disappointed because the Estate said they were going to included demos of the songs that made the actually album. Which did not happen. I spoke to someone that works for Sony. They proposed what they thought the estate should include. The Demos of the released songs was one, special 12in boxset, the Pepsi material etc. I’ll be the first to admit we have been spoiled and I’m thankful.

So the Estate is actively working to make releases worse? Can't say I'm surprised considering the job they've done so far. They have no clue when it comes to the music side of things.

Bad25 was probably the estates best Packaged release post 2009. That being said, it's not perfect, and it could have been better for several reasons.
Pros
Live Bad tour 88 Concert
unreleased material (demos)
Packaging
Photos etc
Cons
VHS quality
minor audio editing mistakes (APOM, MITM)
Other than that, Bad25 was an amazing release. I remember going to HMV and luckily getting the 1 copy they had left.
If this renewed deal means more releases like this then I look forward to it.

I don't understand why Sony pays so much money and then releases these greatest hits and remix albums... I mean, they always say Michael has recorded hundreds of unreleased songs and has tons of footage that has never seen the daylight. I'd pay so much money just to get a couple of hours HQ footage of Michael and hearing some really polished songs but nooo Sony lets low-life DJ's make unwanted remixes of Thriller and BOTDF... The best thing they put out since his passing (RIP) was Hollywood Tonight.. the whole Xscape abum was a flop imho...

Fans need to get used to things releasing over time.. Just because we live in a world where everything is available when we expect it. Binge shows, order anything we want with a click on the button etc..

Sony has released things on a much faster pace than MJ did when he was here. We need to always remember that his legacy has to live much longer than we will. Things need to be available to release 50 years from now as well. If we got everything now - there would be nothing "good" left to release down the road.

I mean think about it - break down all that has been released and given to fans since 2009 and tell me that's not a decent collection added!

I don't understand why Sony pays so much money and then releases these greatest hits and remix albums... I mean, they always say Michael has recorded hundreds of unreleased songs and has tons of footage that has never seen the daylight. I'd pay so much money just to get a couple of hours HQ footage of Michael and hearing some really polished songs but nooo Sony lets low-life DJ's make unwanted remixes of Thriller and BOTDF... The best thing they put out since his passing (RIP) was Hollywood Tonight.. the whole Xscape abum was a flop imho...

Why? I love Xscape? It isn't perfect and the only way I listen to it is in my created spotify playlist that combines Xscape with the "Michael" songs that are actually sung by him but still, great stuff.

Why? I love Xscape? It isn't perfect and the only way I listen to it is in my created spotify playlist that combines Xscape with the "Michael" songs that are actually sung by him but still, great stuff.

Agreed

With regard to marketing, appeal, monetizing etc... Sony wouldn't have paid big $$$ to extend a contract if it wasn't making them money. What some see as a "flop" must be making money somewhere.

I think it's safe to assume that NOTHING released post 2009 will ever compete with releases that Michael personally oversaw.

Record Industry Coup as Prince’s Entire Catalog Moves to Sony from Warner Bros., Singer No Longer a “Slave”

Prince hated Warner Bros. He changed his name to a symbol to get away from them, and then wrote “Slave” on his face to indicate his unhappiness.

Eventually he made up with them, maybe out of necessity at the time. It was a shock when, just before his death, it looked like he’d be back in the Bunny Den.

But today Sony/Legacy announced they’ve taken the whole catalog from WB. They’ve taken 35 albums including all the classics from the 70s and 80s through the mid 90s and then some. Right away they’ll reissue everything from 1995 forward. Then, in 2021, they’ll have everything else. The only exception is “Purple Rain,” which may be tied to WB because of the movie. But “1999” and all the others go to Sony.

Spotify’s Troy Carter, who oversees the Prince estate, made the deal. But Carter may not be with Spotify much longer. After weeks of rumors that Carter was leaving, today Spotify announced the appointment of Dawn Ostroff as chief content officer. There was no word about Carter, who just stood in for Spotify founder Daniel Ek when they were honored at the annual UJA Federation luncheon for the music industry.

http://www.showbiz411.com/2018/06/2...ony-from-warner-bros-singer-no-longer-a-slave

Imagine.... Michael owning Prince...

Back