Michael Jackson TV Alerts Thread

Re: TV Alerts Thread - Keep them all in HERE! [Merged]

UK....ITV Sunday 19th April, 10.15 pm
Perspectives: Michael Jackson's Thriller with Ashley Banjo
(Ashley leads the 'Diversity' dance crew).

The Diversity leader heads to America to find out about his idol Michael Jackson and the 1982 album that cemented his status as a global superstar.

^^All people in the UK-we will want a FULL REPORT. I am so jealous over here in the US! :(

Back in January, BBC was seeking lifelong MJ fans in the UK as part of a documentary about artists and fans, to air "later this year on BBC Four". (See thread http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/t...tory-of-music-fans-will-air-in-2015?p=4091891)

Well, there's a documentary like this on TONIGHT on BBC Four. Maybe this is it?

When Pop Ruled My Life: The Fans' Story
From the Beatles to One Direction, there has always been a unique relationship between musical artists and their fans. Journalist Kate Mossman explores how this connection has developed over the last 50 years of music, as well as her own evolving fascination with the band Queen
BBC4 - 9:00pm-10:00pm (1 hour) Fri 29 May

USA: OWN
Oprah: Where are they now?
Oprah: Where Are They Now? featuring Orianthi airs Saturday, Dec. 3 at 10 p.m. ET on OWN.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Guitarist and singer/songwriter Orianthi had the chance to perform with two of music’s biggest icons before their deaths — and now she’s opening up about the experience.

In an upcoming episode of Oprah: Where Are They Now?, Orianthi reveals how she tackled singing at late pop singer Michael Jackson‘s 2009 memorial service at the Staples Center in Los Angeles.

“Playing Michael Jackson’s memorial service was one of the hardest things to do because it was literally a few days after he had passed and Kenny Ortega, who was directing it all, was like ‘You’re gonna come out and sing,’ ” she explains, adding, “So not only was I completely shaken up, I didn’t know how I was gonna get through it. Then going out there just with a microphone, I was like, ‘I feel completely weird.'”

She says, “It was a special night but at the same time it was very, very sad.”

Orianthi, 31, had been rehearsing with Jackson for his ill-fated This Is It tour as a guitarist at the time of his surprising death. She was hired after being contacted through MySpace and performing a private audition for Jackson. Working with the star, she says, was one of the “craziest moments of my life.”

The artist also opens up about performing with Prince — who died earlier this year — and Sheila E.

Lifetime UK Sets Premiere Date For Michael Jackson Movie ‘Searching For Neverland’

May 12, 2017 - 3:45 pm | 0 Comments

Tags : Lifetime UK, Michael Jackson: Searching For Neverland

Michael Jackson movie Searching For Neverland will receive its UK premiere on Lifetime UK on Sunday June 25th at 9pm, it has been announced.

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2017/05/lif...te-michael-jackson-movie-searching-neverland/

Anything involving those opportunistic buzzards Barbra Walters and Diane Sawyer makes me think that this is another hatchet job on MJ, viewer BEWARE!........ABC NEWS ANNOUNCES TWO-HOUR PRIMETIME TELEVISION EVENT ON MICHAEL JACKSON’S LIFE AND LEGACY
The Documentary Features Never-Before-Seen Interviews with Jackson Revealing His Personal Thoughts About Work and Relationships https://abcnewspr.tumblr.com/post/174002331711/abc-news-announces-two-hour-primetime-television

tumblr_inline_p8w3i9fHZF1u2mf7c_1280.jpg

ABC News presents a two-hour primetime television event about Michael Jackson exploring the King of Pop’s life and legacy, from his complicated childhood to the record-breaking comeback concerts, “This Is It,” that he didn’t live to perform. Ahead of the 10th anniversary of Jackson’s untimely passing, ABC News profiles one of the most influential artists of all time through interviews with the people he knew alongside never-before-seen video from interviews he did with ABC News Anchors Barbara Walters and Diane Sawyer. The special also includes new interviews with Derek “Cooley” Jaxson, one of the dancers who taught Jackson how to moonwalk; Navi, the world-famous Jackson impersonator, who was hired as his decoy at public events; and Lisa Staub, the tour operator who was in front of his house on the day he died. “The Last Days of Michael Jackson” airs on Thursday, May 24 (8:00 – 10:00 p.m. ET) on ABC.

Jackson evolved from the shy, chubby-cheeked boy fronting the Jackson 5 band to become a solo music superstar, captivating the world with his otherworldly dance moves and unique style of showmanship. He would create the biggest-selling album of all time, breaking records and racial barriers throughout his career. Rising to greatness during the height of the MTV era, Jackson was an avatar of the celebrity age.

While he was beloved by a cadre of super fans, Jackson’s private and public life became a spectacle. It was said that he existed in an isolated state of loneliness, surrounded by a revolving door of managers, advisors and lawyers. His desire for normalcy existed amid news and gossip stories of his changing physical appearance, his abusive childhood, ongoing lawsuits, erratic behavior and molestation accusations.

In his later days Jackson turned into a doting father of three children he adored. While some say he wanted to perform again for them, others insisted he needed to tour because of his immense fiscal challenges – a result perhaps of uncontrolled spending, legal woes and complicated and convoluted financial dealings.

On March 5, 2009 Jackson announced “This Is It” - a series of ten, “final curtain call” performances that the singer said would be the last time the world would see the man who had touched the hearts of millions. Tickets quickly sold out and soon the number of concert dates ballooned to 50. But behind the scenes the stress of a comeback was taking a toll on Jackson, and many of those involved in the production grew concerned about his health and ability to perform that many shows. As the start date was pushed back, few knew just how addicted he had become to drugs. Just 18 days before the first performance Jackson passed away due to a combination of drugs in his system, most notably propofol.

The special is produced by ABC News. David Sloan is senior executive producer. Muriel Pearson is executive producer.

The trailer looks like shit! [video]https://abcn.ws/2IroqSf[/video]

Hmm, not very optimistic about this… Looks like another filthy tabloid version of his final days - like we don't already have enough of them…

I will propably see it - otherwise I can not judge it and who knows? It might be a good fair doc...

That's the worst trailer I've ever seen. And whatever the background song was, it was very distracting and out of place. You would think after all these years they would have the decency to present cultural icon for who he really was and what he gave to the world. Seriously, this trailer feels like it was ripped right out of a trashy 90s program.

Hess;4222100 said:
Hmm, not very optimistic about this… Looks like another filthy tabloid version of his final days - like we don't already have enough of them…

I will propably see it - otherwise I can not judge it and who knows? It might be a good fair doc...

Well have to see. And there’s a program on Michael on A&E on June 25th.

And it's not even the 10th anniversary as they stated, it's the 9th anniversary. smh..

Well I was ready to post, guns blazing, about this documentary but now I have watched the trailer I have to say I didn't see anything in it that I could object to. It's a sad tale, whichever way you look at it, and I'm sure there will elements of the show that will upset or anger some fans, but as long as it is reported in an even-handed way then I won't be objecting.

Given all the details we know about what happened to MJ in his last days, a 2 hour special documenting that in a factual way would be sensational enough and I still have some hope that this documentary will achieve that. I'm keeping an open mind for now.

Where did they take Michael's speech saying "What more can I give?", "Like a comet blazing cross the evening sky, gone too soon"?

madmijack;4222116 said:
Where did they take Michael's speech saying "What more can I give?", "Like a comet blazing cross the evening sky, gone too soon"?

I would be guessing but by the sound of his voice it sounds like an unheard clip from the interview with Barbra Walters (what more can I give)

The Gone Too Soon part was from the same interview in 1997 referencing Princess Diana's then recent passing

The trailer didn't fill me with a lot of hope but I'll watch it to see the unseen segments with Diane Sawyer, I loved that solo part of the interview, I wish there was more of that and less with the interview with Lisa Marie

Yeah it looks like the value in this will be the unseen Diane Sawyer stuff.

It's just going to do the usual hackjob I'd imagine.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="de"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/JanetJackson?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#JanetJackson</a> says not a day goes by where she doesn't think about her brother <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/MichaelJackson?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#MichaelJackson</a> <a href="https://t.co/M3AYbSVMnL">https://t.co/M3AYbSVMnL</a></p>&mdash; ET Canada (@ETCanada) <a href="https://twitter.com/ETCanada/status/997501494613209089?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">18. Mai 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

^ The fact they did not say "rise and fall" gives me a glimmer of hope that they wont try to make it seem he did not have "IT" at the end.. we will see though, I'll tune in with skepticism

ChrisC;4222133 said:
Yeah it looks like the value in this will be the unseen Diane Sawyer stuff.

It's just going to do the usual hackjob I'd imagine.

Yuuup using the #MeToo and #Time'sUp angle.

I thought that is what I saw. A couple of days ago. When I was waiting for the news to come back on. And did that upset me when I saw it. And my depression is still bad enough as is. Well I most certainly won't be watching that. I think I will just tape it. I do know one thing I will not be getting any sleep that night after it aired. I will be way to scare to get any sleep. Since I am still suffering from horrible vivid nightmares. About what had happen to him. I just had another one a few days ago. Thank God I have my video games and my Bollywood dance/party music to help keep me awake. Not that it matters to me since I am still suffering from horrible insomnia. That was all brought on by my depression. But I can see just how inconsiderate ABC to be showing something like that. Because that is not fair to MJ fans like me who are still suffering from depression over what had happen to him.:(

MJsBollywoodGirl7;4222157 said:
I thought that is what I saw. A couple of days ago. When I was waiting for the news to come back on. And did that upset me when I saw it. And my depression is still bad enough as is. Well I most certainly won't be watching that. I think I will just tape it. I do know one thing I will not be getting any sleep that night after it aired. I will be way to scare to get any sleep. Since I am still suffering from horrible vivid nightmares. About what had happen to him. I just had another one a few days ago. Thank God I have my video games and my Bollywood dance/party music to help keep me awake. Not that it matters to me since I am still suffering from horrible insomnia. That was all brought on by my depression. But I can see just how inconsiderate ABC to be showing something like that. Because that is not fair to MJ fans like me who are still suffering from depression over what had happen to him.:(

So sorry to read that you are suffering so badly from what happened. It's not much comfort I know, but things really will improve over time. Do all the things you love, see the people you love, think about the good times. Best wishes to you.

MJTruth;4222161 said:
So sorry to read that you are suffering so badly from what happened. It's not much comfort I know, but things really will improve over time. Do all the things you love, see the people you love, think about the good times. Best wishes to you.

The only people that I ever really love is MJ, my favorite Bollywood actors, and the Sims in my Sims games. My so call family could really careless about me and my depression. My mother and her husband alone thinks I am some kind of a crazy nut job. Every time I bring it up to her. She even said that she wants the old me back. And well she is never going to have the old me back. Because the old me was a hardcore MJ fan. I was the 5 letter h word. And I didn't have a single reason to suffer from depression. And my hardcore MJ fandom is still practically on life support. 95.5% of my MJ fandom is forever gone from me. I now suffer from both panic and anxiety attacks if I try to watch or listen to him. Or mostly do anything else that is related to him. I even hate seeing, hearing, and reading about people that once knew him. When we still had him it never once bother me. Which is why I don't watch tv as much as I used to. And try to stay from any site that might mention someone that once knew. Which is why it is all that I can do being in this section of this site. There is only 2 days out of the entire year where I have to force myself to listen to him. Because of what those 2 days are. And whats worst both days are in the same season. Thankfully I have my beloved Bollywood music. To really help me get through listening to him during those 2 days. And thinking about the good times that is all that I don't need. Since all the good times for me is all from me when I was a hardcore MJ fan. And all the things that I really love now is astronomy, video/computer games, and my huge massive love and passion I have for all things related to India. Most especially Bollywood movies and music. Shahrukh Khan is my MJ replacement now. But even he doesn't help at times. Because when I think about how I finally saw his movie Raees. I bought the movie on dvd just so I can finally see it. And when I did. I totally had no idea there was an MJ related scene in that movie. I can't tell you how badly that upset me. As much as I love that movie. I can't see that movie again. At least not any time soon. But what has really help me deal with my depression. Is my obsession for video/computer games. I seriously don't know what I would have done if I did not have my video/computer games. To really help me get through of what had happen to him.

Honestly, The clip looks to me like it will be an empathetic portrait of his final days (and what led up to them being as sad and tragic as they were). No MJ documentary can ignore the allegations but if it’s honest, it will emphasize that he’s was innocent on all charges and maybe, and finally, show an empathetic view of the toll it took on him and contributed to his passing. My gut tells me that the balance of this telecast will be pro MJ and be very sympathetic to what he went through in his final years. Fingers crossed.

MJsBollywoodGirl7;4222167 said:
The only people that I ever really love is MJ, my favorite Bollywood actors, and the Sims in my Sims games. My so call family could really careless about me and my depression. My mother and her husband alone thinks I am some kind of a crazy nut job. Every time I bring it up to her. She even said that she wants the old me back. And well she is never going to have the old me back. Because the old me was a hardcore MJ fan. I was the 5 letter h word. And I didn't have a single reason to suffer from depression. And my hardcore MJ fandom is still practically on life support. 95.5% of my MJ fandom is forever gone from me. I now suffer from both panic and anxiety attacks if I try to watch or listen to him. Or mostly do anything else that is related to him. I even hate seeing, hearing, and reading about people that once knew him. When we still had him it never once bother me. Which is why I don't watch tv as much as I used to. And try to stay from any site that might mention someone that once knew. Which is why it is all that I can do being in this section of this site. There is only 2 days out of the entire year where I have to force myself to listen to him. Because of what those 2 days are. And whats worst both days are in the same season. Thankfully I have my beloved Bollywood music. To really help me get through listening to him during those 2 days. And thinking about the good times that is all that I don't need. Since all the good times for me is all from me when I was a hardcore MJ fan. And all the things that I really love now is astronomy, video/computer games, and my huge massive love and passion I have for all things related to India. Most especially Bollywood movies and music. Shahrukh Khan is my MJ replacement now. But even he doesn't help at times. Because when I think about how I finally saw his movie Raees. I bought the movie on dvd just so I can finally see it. And when I did. I totally had no idea there was an MJ related scene in that movie. I can't tell you how badly that upset me. As much as I love that movie. I can't see that movie again. At least not any time soon. But what has really help me deal with my depression. Is my obsession for video/computer games. I seriously don't know what I would have done if I did not have my video/computer games. To really help me get through of what had happen to him.

You're over reacting in my opinion. Don't take this the wrong way but. As much as i love Michael. People die. That's a natural phenomenon. You can't live your life based on other people. Maybe you could find other interests. For example i love Mj, watching movies, collecting cd's, making clay sculptures, drawing pics, batman.... And many more. I mean did you really waste your past 9 years depressed thinking about Mj. Just appreciate him and the things he gave us. And live your own life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mogul;4222170 said:
You're over reacting in my opinion. Don't take this the wrong way but. As much as i love Michael. People die. That's a natural phenomenon. You can't live your life based on other people. Maybe you could find other interests. For example i love Mj, watching movies, collecting cd's, making clay sculptures, drawing pics, batman.... And many more. I mean did you really waste your past 9 years depressed thinking about Mj. Just appreciate him and the things he gave us. And live your own life.

Do you really think that I want to suffer from depression. No I do not. I did not ask to suffer from depression. Or ask to be 3 times suicidal back then. Let alone to be suffering from horrible insomnia and have horrible vivid nightmares about him. And I am still haunted by the horrible nightmares I had back then. And I never had nightmares that bad before in my entire life. It has been almost 9 years the last time I knew what a good nights worth of sleep is. On some nights I will be lucky if I see 4 hours of sleep. And I do have other interests. And one of them is my obsession that I have for video games now. Which is really the only thing that has really help me cope with my depression. And all the years we still had Michael I never once had an obsession for video games. I prefer reading books over playing video games. Now it is the opposite for me. It was sometime last year the last time I actually read a book. Now all I care about mostly are video games now. I seriously don't know what I would have done if I did not have them. And some of my other interests are astronomy, anything related to India, Japanese anime and magnas, and the Christian religion. And yes I am seeing a therapist. Or well I was. My next visit to him will be my last. Since he is retiring next month.

Last edited:
MJsBollywoodGirl7;4222181 said:
Do you really think that I want to suffer from depression. No I do not. I did not ask to suffer from depression. Or ask to be 3 times suicidal back then. Let alone to be suffering from horrible insomnia and have horrible vivid nightmares about him. And I am still haunted by the horrible nightmares I had back then. And I never had nightmares that bad before in my entire life. It has been almost 9 years the last time I knew what a good nights worth of sleep is. On some nights I will be lucky if I see 4 hours of sleep. And I do have other interests. And one of them is my obsession that I have for video games now. Which is really the only thing that has really help me cope with my depression. And all the years we still had Michael I never once had an obsession for video games. I prefer reading books over playing video games. Now it is the opposite for me. It was sometime last year the last time I actually read a book. Now all I care about mostly are video games now. I seriously don't know what I would have done if I did not have them. And some of my other interests are astronomy, anything related to India, Japanese anime and magnas, and the Christian religion. And yes I am seeing a therapist. Or well I was. My next visit to him will be my last. Since he is retiring next month.
You stay strong and remember others love you. I understand you hurt over MJ still (I am still hurting) but he would not want you to fret over him or anyone else. It is hard but life goes on. And remember that body was just a shell, his spirit lives on as with all of us.

MJsBollywoodGirl7;4222181 said:

I still think you're overreacting over his death. You can't live your life based on his life.

Is it possible to stream this documentary somewhere? (the one that airs on Thursday, May 24) I'm not from the US so I don't know where I can watch it... Once, I heard about a site that gives you the opportunity to watch any american channel, but I can't remember what site it is, or if it still exists...

I don't want anyone to take this the wrong way, but for those who are really struggling with Michaels death.. Therapy does help! Therapy does not need a negative connotation with it, I think it's a very positive and useful tool that too many people ignore because of a stigma.

Germany will get a brand new documentary (another one) on August 25 on TV channel VOX called “Mein Freund Michael – Der King of Pop wird 60“.

Michael Jackson would have turned 60 on August 29th. To celebrate his birthday the private broadcaster Vox shows an extra-long documentary about the singer under the title: “My friend Michael – The King of Pop turns 60” on the 25th of August.

The documentary, which has not yet been shown, runs from 8:15 pm to 0:45pm. But the station lures with fascinating new knowledge about the life of the King Of Pop including private footages. Including interviews of German friend Dieter Wiesner and bodyguards, the channel is claiming to go further on understanding Michael Jackson, as a pop star and as a man.

+

For the 60th Birthday of music legend Michael Jackson, German TV channel – ProSieben will do a special program with presenters Jana Julie Kilka and Thore Schölermann on August 29.

The documentary is a road trip through the life of the biggest pop star all times.
In “We Love: Michael Jackson” (Wednesday, August 29, 2018, 8:15 pm), Jana Julie Kilka and Thore Schölermann will visit iconic places where the King of Pop lived, recorded music, made music videos and even pay a visit to Bubble!

38440004_10155825471632725_9072723048175501312_n.png

Back