Controversial MJ Documentary Leaving Neverland [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

Re: Sundance Festival 2019 - Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland"

If I access it from the post above than an error message appears, but the message does provide a working Youtube link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmjQ8UUVv2I&feature=player_embedded

I think it's a good video but it'll change nothing. It cannot be verified, BUT if ever there were a documentary made about the Arvizo allegations I think she'd be an excellent interviewee for the show!

Sadly proving that Arvizo lied doesn't prove that Robson and Safechuck are lying. It's not a valid argument in that discussion.
Similarly, many fans use MJ's acquittal in 2005 as though that should mean any accusations levied against him later should be auto dismissed. That is not the case. I don't think MJ abused any of them, but the discussion around the Robson/Safechuck claims needs to be focused on THEIR claims and their behaviour. For an MJ fan to address those allegations by attempting to deviate into discussion about Arvizo is not useful.

Yes, totally agree

New : from the Estate of Michael Jackson
https://www.instagram.com/p/BsrQKcyDpeO/?utm_source=ig_twitter_share&igshid=seaj0ixnliww
Hello MJFam:
The past week has been a difficult one for the Estate just as we know it has been for you. We understand that the fans want to see the Estate take public action to stop the documentary screening at Sundance in the coming days but doing so isn’t necessarily the best or only way to counter the actions of these 2 admitted liars and their co-conspirators. The Estate is here to protect and grow Michael’s legacy, and that also means keeping the public focused on his music and the true Michael that we know through projects that will capture the hearts and attention of both fans and the general public.
In the coming weeks, the Estate will be sharing information about several partnerships that celebrate Michael’s life, art, and enduring influence – some are partnerships that the Estate has already told you about and others that have been in development and not yet acknowledged publicly. The first is the reveal of the invitation to Virgil Abloh’s Paris Fashion Week show, which was a single, sparkly glove, inspired by Michael. Read more about it in this piece on Vogue, which also says "The late, great Michael Jackson is set to be honored this Thursday in Paris…Jackson will be honored by one very high-profile, very pop culture–obsessed designer at the Fall 2019 menswear shows. Back in December, Virgil Abloh announced that his second collection for Louis Vuitton as artistic director of men’s would be inspired by the man who gave us Thriller, “Smooth Criminal,” and the moonwalk.” Read the rest of the story here. In addition to your efforts to publicly shame HBO, Channel 4, Sundance, and the filmmakers for making such a vile documentary, spreading news focusing on Michael’s legacy will help combat the impact and help shift the focus where it should be. The Estate is working to do the same.

I agree; however Robson and Safechuck's claims have also been dismissed in court. It is fair for MJ fans to point that out, along with all of the inconsistencies and inexplicable behaviours exhibited by Robson, in particular, in recent years.

Yes But for people no fan the demands of robson and safechuck have been dismissed because it is not possible to make a judgment about a deceased person and you can not blame the michael companies for what he could have done , that's why the lawsuits were dismissed, it was not because they showed that they were not abused, that's why many people think that they are guilty, so to say that their demands were rejected unfortunately is not an argument, because those who know a little about laws know , it was dismissed by a different question and that for many non-fans puts the balance on the side of robson and not michael. Sadly, it is like that. We have to prove his innocence with facts, with proofs and with testimonies of all the children who lived or spent periods of time with him, including nephews, children of friends, their children, children with whom he was related. a documentary is necessary, maybe some fan expert in computer science know how to make a good documentary with interview videos that speak well of michael de macaulay culkin, his brothers, his nephews, omer bhatti, the cascio (they have done anything it is good that it is known that they defend him), the sons of al manik, the sons of Diana Ross and many other friends, Brett Barnes, Gerardo Rivera, Enmanuelle Lewis etc ... nothing better than testimonies of children who shared moments with him and who now they are adults and have spoken well of him, there are many more but now I do not remember names

Lovepeace1;4237197 said:
Yes But for people no fan the demands of robson and safechuck have been dismissed because it is not possible to make a judgment about a deceased person and you can not blame the michael companies for what he could have done , that's why the lawsuits were dismissed, it was not because they showed that they were not abused, that's why many people think that they are guilty, so to say that their demands were rejected unfortunately is not an argument, because those who know a little about laws know , it was dismissed by a different question and that for many non-fans puts the balance on the side of robson and not michael. Sadly, it is like that. We have to prove his innocence with facts, with proofs and with testimonies of all the children who lived or spent periods of time with him, including nephews, children of friends, their children, children with whom he was related. a documentary is necessary, maybe some fan expert in computer science know how to make a good documentary with interview videos that speak well of michael de macaulay culkin, his brothers, his nephews, omer bhatti, the cascio (they have done anything it is good that it is known that they defend him), the sons of al manik, the sons of Diana Ross and many other friends, Brett Barnes, Gerardo Rivera, Enmanuelle Lewis etc ... nothing better than testimonies of children who shared moments with him and who now they are adults and have spoken well of him, there are many more but now I do not remember names

That's true. However I also read that both submitted forged evidence. And that's quite a big deal.

Paris78;4237196 said:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BsrQKcyDpeO/?utm_source=ig_twitter_share&igshid=seaj0ixnliww
Hello MJFam:
The past week has been a difficult one for the Estate just as we know it has been for you. We understand that the fans want to see the Estate take public action to stop the documentary screening at Sundance in the coming days but doing so isn’t necessarily the best or only way to counter the actions of these 2 admitted liars and their co-conspirators. The Estate is here to protect and grow Michael’s legacy, and that also means keeping the public focused on his music and the true Michael that we know through projects that will capture the hearts and attention of both fans and the general public.
In the coming weeks, the Estate will be sharing information about several partnerships that celebrate Michael’s life, art, and enduring influence – some are partnerships that the Estate has already told you about and others that have been in development and not yet acknowledged publicly. The first is the reveal of the invitation to Virgil Abloh’s Paris Fashion Week show, which was a single, sparkly glove, inspired by Michael. Read more about it in this piece on Vogue, which also says "The late, great Michael Jackson is set to be honored this Thursday in Paris…Jackson will be honored by one very high-profile, very pop culture–obsessed designer at the Fall 2019 menswear shows. Back in December, Virgil Abloh announced that his second collection for Louis Vuitton as artistic director of men’s would be inspired by the man who gave us Thriller, “Smooth Criminal,” and the moonwalk.” Read the rest of the story here. In addition to your efforts to publicly shame HBO, Channel 4, Sundance, and the filmmakers for making such a vile documentary, spreading news focusing on Michael’s legacy will help combat the impact and help shift the focus where it should be. The Estate is working to do the same.

Maybe it's just me but I read that as..... we let the fans do the real work to go against the constant lies and trash articles and documentaries and we'll just make stuff that will make us money. Sure it's great to keep celebrating his musical genius that way but the people that aren't fans that WILL see this trash doc do not care about any of that.

I'm guessing this isn't what Taj was talking about.

Last edited:

That estate statement is pitiful. Basically, "keep fighting the good fight that we won't fight and also look at this stuff we've got going on"

I agree with you guys that the message from the Estate isn't the best one possible.

I have so much respect for Macauley for always standing up for Michael. He's a true friend! I'm kind of surprised and disappointed that Omer hasn't said anything. Hasn't even posted a photo of him and MJ to show support in a silent way. Really disappointing.

P.S. WHEN WILL MY POSTS FINALLY BE READ AND ACCEPTED BY A MOD/ADMIN??! :cry: It's so frustrating that nothing I post shows up and I'm pretty sure I've already posted at least 10 messages!! :banghead: AAARRGGGHH!! #FRUSTRATED :cry: Wish I could remember my old password! :banghead:

That estate statement is pitiful. Basically, "keep fighting the good fight that we won't fight and also look at this stuff we've got going on"

Imo it is also kind of the same mistake that was done 26 years ago because only then the allegations are not talked about do they seem credible to the people who only know he was accused but nothing about the background and facts about it.

Imo it is also kind of the same mistake that was done 26 years ago because only then the allegations are not talked about do they seem credible to the people who only know he was accused but nothing about the background and facts about it.

I second that. There are still so many out there connecting Michael to these false allegations. We got to educate them as much as we can, for Michael's legacy and his children, I mean Prince, Paris and Blanket must suffer from all this a lot as well.

I second that. There are still so many out there connecting Michael to these false allegations. We got to educate them as much as we can, for Michael's legacy and his children, I mean Prince, Paris and Blanket must suffer from all this a lot as well.

Yes, especially Paris I think.

I think memes with short factual statements would be good way to reach people online. People who would never read an MJ facts article because they dont care.

Unfortunately, there is no such thing as defamation of a deceased person in United States law, so there are no avenues for legal action.

Yeah I hear that but there isnt anything that can be done since michael jackson is a business? What they say about Michael effects the estate, his children's finances and so on.. it's like attacking a brand..

I was more so thinking of that approach, but I'm not sure if it makes any difference.

EDIT And Kai I disagree with you. Michael Jackson is not a business any more, nor a brand. He is a person that his name and reputation is being attacked while not being able to speak for himself. I don't give a rat's ass how all this will affect future sales

It seems like i can't find my post anymore.. to what are you referring?

Guys I don't believe the american law has such a "hole", not having set some sort of protection for the defamation of the deceased. How is that possible!!!

Can somebody for example curse and offend past deceased presidents on the radio? Is it legally allowed? Doesn't make sense

EDIT And KOPV I disagree with you. Michael Jackson is not a business any more, nor a brand. He is a person that his name and reputation is being attacked while not being able to speak for himself. I don't give a rat's ass how all this will affect future sales

I'm not saying I care for the business side, I'm talking about a way for a lawsuit against Sundance.. if there cant be a lawsuit against a dead person THAN Possibly a business related lawsuit could work!?!

That's the question and comment

Paris78;4237196 said:
Hello MJFam:

Is this really the plan to do? What a disappointment ... I thought they were going to work on a documentary or a movie, that's what they should do, work on getting michael documentaries to help refute everything negative, it is outrageous that with the money they have not be able to make any documentary that shows the human michael , a documentary with interviews with his nephews, his children, the children who were with him as omer bhatti, culkin,cascio, the sons of al manik, his friends etc ..for Netflix or HBO, is that I can not believe that they do not realize that this is necessary, in ten years they have not released a good documentary, nothing! and unfortunately the only thing that is seen of him are the abuses, for the rest of the world they only see michael abuses, they have not seen nothing about what the cone person was like, they have not heard interviews from their friends, Neither know if he was good person or not because they do not see those things that we have seen for years, the idea about it is based on what was read in the press, and this documentary is not contrasted with another documentary or movie . It is incredible that the estate does not consider doing anything except promoting things.

Last edited:

The Estate are useless. Have been from day 1.

The way I read the estate message is summarized "business as usual and ignore..."

The estate have put out a post on both their Facebook and Twitter about HBO. Atleast it’s something.

The estate know that mj is a money making machine no matter what is thrown at him.so in a business sense that is why really dont care that much and put out such weak statements. They have no personal attachment to defending him unlike us.

The estate know that mj is a money making machine no matter what is thrown at him.so in a business sense that is why really dont care that much and put out such weak statements. They have no personal attachment to defending him unlike us.

I agree, pretty embarrassing the statement, the estate like Pilate wash the hands and without shame. Poor Michael he has always been surrounded by bloodsuckers.

I agree, pretty embarrassing the statement, the estate like Pilate wash the hands and without shame. Poor Michael he has always been surrounded by bloodsuckers.

That is the sad truth bout all of this thats its up to us to do the defending but we defend cuz we are moonwalkers and will forever stand up for mj

Well more fool them.

I know many people ALREADY think MJ was a criminal but this new documentary could convert many, many more people to that way of thinking. Most of those people, assuming they would have bought MJ products in the first place, would not buy any in the future. It's not even about that though. This also affects how organisations (tv channels, movie production, potential sponsors and collaborators etc) react to MJ. For example, we didn't see widespread distribution of any of the recent MJ films (e.g. BAD, OTW) or the Halloween cartoon. Why? Well I'd wager MJ's reputation hindered it significantly and this new documentary will do nothing to help.
The allegations are damaging to the MJ Estate's earnings power both now and in the future. They should be aiming to protect their income, not just forge ahead with their projects regardless.

Sure there's little they can do legally to actually block the release. I get that.
It's obvious the Sundance,HBO, and C4 representatives are convinced MJ is an unconvicted pedo monster and they are salivating at the opportunity to expose him as such in a big way. Seemingly they're not interested in conducting any due diligence because, thanks to the #metoo movement ALL claims MUST be treated as genuine without question. :coockoo:

However, I wish they were at least attempting to do something other than shut their eyes, close their ears and carry on regardless.

A few people, such as Mac and Naomi Campbell have spoken out on social media but it's very little help.

That is the sad truth bout all of this thats its up to us to do the defending but we defend cuz we are moonwalkers and will forever stand up for mj

Well that maybe what the Estate is counting on but the truth is much different.
The MJ fanbase is shrinking and allegations only help to speed the decline. If people become convinced he was a criminal they will leave. Simple.

IF credible accusations are ever levied against MJ I will also be forced to admit I have been wrong all these years, but so far I don't find the allegations convincing.

Guys, I agree with much of the criticism of the Estate, however there is another angle to all of this.

As of yet, the film has not been shown. Sundance is next Friday, and HBO/Channel 4 are not due to broadcast this filth until sometime in the Spring. There is very little mainstream media attention on this at the moment. Ofcourse, that could all change once/if the film is shown, however until there is any uptick in wider attention, there is a view that we shouldn't draw more attention to it. It's what Channel 4 and HBO want. If there is a vociferous pre-emptive public attack from MJ fans and the estate, that is only going to increase the interest in the programme and lead more people to actually watch it when it comes out.

Unfortunately for us, MJ has been and will always be a target for fraudsters, liars and money hungry leeches. The accusations that MJ is a child molester have been in the public domain for over 25 years now. Despite his not guilty verdict, certain people will never change their minds about him. Some will change their minds with the truth being spread, however the vast majority of the general public will not start dedicating hours of their life to read up about the truth. Why would they?

There is very little we can do to stop the films being shown. We SHOULD keep continuing to email people high up at Sundance, HBO and Channel 4 and direct THEM to the truth about Wade and Jimmy. Maybe someone high up who authorised this, who may have been unaware of the depth of Wade's lies could see sense.

We need to strike a balance between counteracting negativity where it shows up and calling people out who spread lies and unfounded accusations, but we if we start a massive public campaign on this it will start to attract the attention of people who currently have no clue about this film, and may not even have come across it.

I'm guesing that might also be the Estate's thinking. Instead of them going on a media blitz to counteract this, they need to strike a balance between exposing the lies of the accusers and continuing with positive MJ projects.

If/when there is more attention and a public outcry, that is when the more forecful campaign should come.

One hope we have to hold out here is that the film MAY pass with limited public attanetion. It is just a hope, but unlike MJ's trial which featured daily stories for nearly 6 months, this is something that will be shown on TV one day and then fade the next.

Don't forget, Wade came out with these accusations publicly 6 years ago, he toured the TV studios in the US and he gave lengthy depositions in court only a couple of years ago re-iterating his accusations. It resulte din very little widespread media attention. Not one person I know has asked me about Wade's accusations in the last 6 years, presuambly because they've heard nothing about it. And believe me, people would ask if they heard about it because my friends and family know what a big MJ fan I am and what I believe about his innocence.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">In 1992, Michael gave HBO their highest rated special ever. Now, to repay him they give a voice to admitted liars. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/StopLeavingNeverlandNOW?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#StopLeavingNeverlandNOW</a> <a href="https://t.co/mR2BQfce4u">pic.twitter.com/mR2BQfce4u</a></p>&mdash; Michael Jackson (@michaeljackson) <a href="https://twitter.com/michaeljackson/status/1085728064808484865?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 17, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Well at least it's something :doh:

we can actualy call it fakementary from the beggining.
Humanity did not deserve such person as MJ walking on the same planet, helping us and getting to right way.
His soul is hundred times ahead ours.
It's heartbreaking that such misunderstanding and lies still spreading around after all.

Release a song now! Innocent man or something that MJ recorded to fight allegations. I know they have songs. No reason to wait now. This time the estate has to fight back. Come on step up for your man estate.

If innocent man is finalized then it would be a great time to release it.

BUT - I do not think it has vocals? - correct me if I'm wrong?

I simply can not phatom that anyone believes Wade... - don't really know much about the other person, but Wade..?? if you just read 2 minutes about him and his timeline, his greedy nature comes forward full blast&#8230; - I think (hope?) only people who already thought MJ was guilty believes this C#¤%... Any reasonable person would see this is all about money&#8230;

Wade called MJ his friend - and now this in a filthy attempt to get money&#8230; I understand why MJ was paranoid and affraid to be used - and why he befriended kids... they just saw a sweet person - not a money-machine&#8230; So sad...

Guys, I agree with much of the criticism of the Estate, however there is another angle to all of this.

As of yet, the film has not been shown. Sundance is next Friday, and HBO/Channel 4 are not due to broadcast this filth until sometime in the Spring. There is very little mainstream media attention on this at the moment. Ofcourse, that could all change once/if the film is shown, however until there is any uptick in wider attention, there is a view that we shouldn't draw more attention to it. It's what Channel 4 and HBO want. If there is a vociferous pre-emptive public attack from MJ fans and the estate, that is only going to increase the interest in the programme and lead more people to actually watch it when it comes out.

Unfortunately for us, MJ has been and will always be a target for fraudsters, liars and money hungry leeches. The accusations that MJ is a child molester have been in the public domain for over 25 years now. Despite his not guilty verdict, certain people will never change their minds about him. Some will change their minds with the truth being spread, however the vast majority of the general public will not start dedicating hours of their life to read up about the truth. Why would they?

There is very little we can do to stop the films being shown. We SHOULD keep continuing to email people high up at Sundance, HBO and Channel 4 and direct THEM to the truth about Wade and Jimmy. Maybe someone high up who authorised this, who may have been unaware of the depth of Wade's lies could see sense.

We need to strike a balance between counteracting negativity where it shows up and calling people out who spread lies and unfounded accusations, but we if we start a massive public campaign on this it will start to attract the attention of people who currently have no clue about this film, and may not even have come across it.

I'm guesing that might also be the Estate's thinking. Instead of them going on a media blitz to counteract this, they need to strike a balance between exposing the lies of the accusers and continuing with positive MJ projects.

If/when there is more attention and a public outcry, that is when the more forecful campaign should come.

One hope we have to hold out here is that the film MAY pass with limited public attanetion. It is just a hope, but unlike MJ's trial which featured daily stories for nearly 6 months, this is something that will be shown on TV one day and then fade the next.

Don't forget, Wade came out with these accusations publicly 6 years ago, he toured the TV studios in the US and he gave lengthy depositions in court only a couple of years ago re-iterating his accusations. It resulte din very little widespread media attention. Not one person I know has asked me about Wade's accusations in the last 6 years, presuambly because they've heard nothing about it. And believe me, people would ask if they heard about it because my friends and family know what a big MJ fan I am and what I believe about his innocence.

Yes, you are right in many things. should not more attention because it will not leave until spring and if the fans come to get attention that will attract more attention from people who surely have not heard, plus how much more attention generated more interested will be the press and television channels in Acquire the rights of publication of the documentary, which would be terrible! neither writing to hbo and sundance will be of much use, on the contrary I think it will make them more interested in spreading it so that people see it if they see that it generates scandal as it is happening. not to draw attention, but if I think that you have to write is to the estate to make a good documentary in this time that is ahead until the release of the documentary in hbo. they must create a documentary that tells the life of michael holding the press and that exposes that part. I know that many of you do not want to expose michael's private life, but it is necessary to tell who was michael as a person, as a father, as a friend, as a brother, to have friends who can talk about him, his family and children, because they are going to expose their private life and in a very negative way. The best way for people to change the negative image they have of Michael Jackson is to show him as a person to the world, not only as an artist , the estate and his family should work on it because most of the world believe that he was a ruthless and an abuser. for non-fans it is very difficult to believe in their innocence because there are five cases of children who were allegedly abused, five, and non-fans do not watch the evidence against. the rest of the world only sees that he is a famous artist who has five complaints about child abuse, and that he paid one of them to silence him, that is what the world sees. they do not know if he was good people, if he was generous or if he was calm and peaceful, or if he was a joker or if he was a good father, we know because we followed him throughout our lives, we saw his interviews, his videos, the interviews of his friends ... but they do not know anything except that he has five complaints.
It is understandable that they do not believe in him, and this documentary will revive that feeling because for them they are two more victims, they do not even know if they are the same as before or not.
That's why I like when books or videos come out of people or friends who were with him and have positive experiences of him because this makes him a normal person and shows him positively, even if his private life It is good because this will transform the negative image that he has. you have to talk to the estate and his family and they should work on michael life's documentary and movie

Last edited:
Back