The Will.i.am tracks [Discussion]

It´s not just you AlwaysThere. Anyone who seem to have inside information regarding anything about Michael or his work must provide proof, if not you´ll be called a liar. I know of 1 or 2 people who were on this board earlier that either got banned or left by themselves just because they couldn´t or didn´t want to out from whom they got their information. I too have got information from people that I know knew Michael and were around him a lot, that doesn´t mean a shit if I don´t say who told me.

Re: The Will.I.Am Tracks

The only way I can describe it is being a matter of gaining trust. And you know what? I'll do just that. I should have a screen cap up at some point; remind me if I never do it, haha :p

My project is kind of a round up of Michael's unreleased material, outlining what is true, what isn't and hopefully shining some light on certain songs. Per example, I've seen some people still claim that Slave to the Rhythm was recorded in 1999, when it was really done ten years earlier. It's not necessarily a groundbreaking project, but I'm hoping that I get some new information out there.

Reminder

I wonder if some of these tracks are duets between MJ and Will.I.Am, considering he wanted to release "I'm Dreaming". I don't think he wanted to release a full MJ-vocal song on his album. Well, maybe he was going to cut out a verse or two sung by Michael.
Either way, still anxious about those songs! If those get released somewhere in the future with new instrumentations, I'd like to get the original versions, too!

What year did they record? I thought it was 2008, but yesterday i read it was 2007, and now i heard will.i.am saying in an interview that it was 2006.

it's actually a shame we didn't get to hear them yet. those and the red one tracks should have been already released, since they were recorded after 2006.

how many will.i.am tracks have finished vocals? AFAIK there are 4.
and redOne said he had material for an album. so mby another 5 or so? that would make a full album of post 2005 tracks.

also let's don't forget other tracks which might be in the vault of that time. (neff-u)

damn estate, what are you doing!

I believe will.i.am said that 2 were completed, and the others are in their early stages. But i want theses tracks so bad, when Michael was humming to the instrumental beat in the interview, it gave me goosebumps.

It amuses me immensely that folks are questioning me about my own sources, yet never question Stella, or anyone else who claims to know things.

From here on out, anything I say about Michael's music I have one hundred percent faith in. I will not be confusing my opinion with fact anymore. This comes simply from an immense amount of research. Half of the things that I know anyone could find out with a simple Google search and patience. I don't blame anyone for not believing me, by no means. As far as the estate situation goes and their releases, I've been wrong before, as I've mixed up my own opinion with fact, and for that I apologize. But when it comes to Michael's music (recording date, completion, etc), I would like to say that I'm fairly certain in what I'm talking about.

For example: some time ago a fan named RedDawn over at the old Maximum Jackson spoke to me about the Bad 25 release and informed me how many song were releasable from RedOne, will.i.am and Rodney Jerkins. He was the equivalent of mkgenie to this board, to put it in perspective, and has been spot on with everything he said about Michael and the aforementioned B25. When the old MaxJax shut down, I lost contact with him, but I recall some things he said to me. Ask anyone from that board; they remember him.

So to answer your question, yeah. I do believe in myself. I'll calm down with some of the things I say, but I have no doubt that what I say is factual. Take it as you will.

You're full of crap, 2 months later and haven't provided the email evidence you said you would when reminded as you asked.

I like Will I Am and would love to hear the songs he made with Michael. I'd also really like a statement from him on where he now stands with releasing these. Initially he said he'd only do it if Michaels family asked him to and then he was going to release a song on his own album but the estate wouldn't give permission. Does this mean he has spoken to MJs family or has he just changed his mind. I'm sure Rodney Jerkins said he was asked to work on the Michael album but didn't feel the time was right so maybe the same has happened with Will. I guess that one way of doing it would be like when LA Reid used Timbaland as main producer on Xscape he could use Will as main producer on another project.

I also want will.i.am as one of the producers for the next project. But i'm kinda feared that he would turn the songs into Scream and Shout-esque Songs.

What year did they record? I thought it was 2008, but yesterday i read it was 2007, and now i heard will.i.am saying in an interview that it was 2006.

They recorded for the first time together in September 2006 in Ireland. They continued work throughout 2007 and 2008 in various locations, most notably Las Vegas. Not sure what songs were recorded where.

I also want will.i.am as one of the producers for the next project. But i'm kinda feared that he would turn the songs into Scream and Shout-esque Songs.

Please, NO! :scared: The fact Michael worked with him it doesn't mean will is a good producer or musician by looking how he destroyed Beat It and PYT, or the work he's been doing in these years. If you guys like will, I respect that but it doesn't take away what he does is shallow.

Weren't those remixes done in Ireland?

it's actually a shame we didn't get to hear them yet. those and the red one tracks should have been already released, since they were recorded after 2006.

how many will.i.am tracks have finished vocals? AFAIK there are 4.
and redOne said he had material for an album. so mby another 5 or so? that would make a full album of post 2005 tracks.

also let's don't forget other tracks which might be in the vault of that time. (neff-u)

damn estate, what are you doing!

They're not in the Estate's possession, so they obviously can't release them. But we will hear them eventually, just gotta be patient :)

I did some researches about the songs:

Song Titles:

1. I'm Dreaming
2. (I'm Still) The King
3. I'm Gonna Miss You
4. The Future
5. Can You
6. Legacy
7. If You Don't Get It
8. (Fly Girl)?

* I'm Still The King
- will.i.am was unsure at the time if it would make it on the album.
- He also said that the song is about Michael's influence on younger generations of artists but that he is still the King.
- It is unknown if Michael ever recorded his vocal parts.
- They had never the chance to finish it.

* I'm Gonna Miss You
- Song about James Brown
- recorded in 2006
- it was never completed according to will.i.am

* The Future
- Song about enviromental issues
- contains an "killer Latin beat"

* Can You
- vocals were recorded
- but the song isn't finished.

How Many Tracks Were Developed?:
- will.i.am said 8 songs.
- Joseph Vogel said half-dozen.

How Many Were Finished?:
- will.i.am said in 2007 that two were finished.
- Joseph Vogel mentioned that 3 songs are nearly finished/complete.

Last edited:

I did some researches about the songs, here are the song-titles:

1. I'm Dreaming
2. (I'm Still) The King
3. I'm Gonna Miss You
4. The Future
5. Can You
6. Fly Girl ( not officially confirmed)
7. Legacy (not officially confirmed)
8. If You Don't Get It (not officially confirmed)o

* I'm Still The King
- will.i.am was unsure at the time if it would make it on the album.

* I'm Gonna Miss You
- Song about James Brown
- recorded in 2006
- it was never completed according to will.i.am

* The Future
- Song about enviromental issues
- contains an "killer Latin beat"

* Can You
- vocals were recorded
- but the song isn't finished.

How Many Tracks Were Developed?:
- will.i.am said 8 songs.
- Joseph Vogel said half-dozen.

How Many Were Finished?:
- will.i.am said in 2007 that two were finished.
- Joseph Vogel mentioned that 3 songs are nearly finished/complete.

Interesting!

@ JEMFTV: Thanks for the nice overview! Do you still have the links to the websites/videos where you got your infos from? Would be cool to have everything regarding those tracks in a single thread.

Some weeks (or months?) ago there was a video of William stating he wanted to release on of those songs (I think it was "Dreaming") on his new album, but the Estate obviously didn't allow it. Unfortunately, I couldn't find it anymore. Does anyone still have the link to it? If he wanted to release that song, it at least must have enough MJ-vocals so that a duet could be made, I suppose.

Fly Girl is Will's song, released in 2007, on his own album.

I only looked up in two Books (Man In The Music & MJ - For The Record) for that information.

I'm Still The King has been my #1 song, the title just demands such confidence that I would've loved to see from Michael in that way, like a "yeah I'm the shi and I know it".. Just would've been cool for me to see that different side to him.

I'm Still The King has been my #1 song, the title just demands such confidence that I would've loved to see from Michael in that way, like a "yeah I'm the shi and I know it".. Just would've been cool for me to see that different side to him.

Maybe the lyrics were put in another context, just like Unbreakable and Invincible.

Maybe the lyrics were put in another context, just like Unbreakable and Invincible.

Possibly, but I mean Unbreakable is still very 'in your face' and carries a great (slightly hidden in the verses) message. Maybe King is the same?

Possibly, but I mean Unbreakable is still very 'in your face' and carries a great (slightly hidden in the verses) message. Maybe King is the same?

I read (or watched) an interview with will.i.am (I think it was after MJ died) where he talked about I'm Still The King. He said that the song is about Michael's influence on younger generations of artists but that he is still the King. He also said that they planned to have Usher, Justin Timberlake, Chris Brown and Omarion on the record but that they never had the chance to finish it. He didn't say weather MJ recorded his vocals or not. Don't ask me for a link because I can't find it anymore and I'm very angry at myself that I didn't saved/downloaded it back then because I would also love to see it again. But it is 100% true.

New Information from/on this german site:

http://www.jackson.ch/html/06-09.html

* One ballad was going to be included
(Allegedly John Legend was supposed to be on it.)
* DJ Whoo Kid & Chris Brown allegedly also were going to record with MJ & will.i.am.

Last edited:

Nothing new. John Legend wrote 1 song for Michael. He said in an interview that he submitted the song but that he doesn't know if MJ recorded vocals for it. It's not one of the 6 known MJ/will.i.am songs. Although MJ worked with will.i.am on it. Like I said there were plans by will.i.am to have Chris Brown and others on I'm Still The King.

DJ Whoo Kid has nothing to do with will.i.am songs. MJ met him is Bahrein in 2006 and he arranged a phone call with 50 Cent in which MJ expressed desire to work with 50 in the future (but they never met).

I wonder what these songs sound like. I was thinking the other day, if they sound like techno futuristic sound or like a more musical feel to them, after he said he wanted to get back to Off The Wall melody driven style. As well how completed they're vocally.

This sounds fake as hell.

Without Ne-Yo. That was the plan according to will.i.am. He said that the song is about that, about influence MJ had on others. So yes, I find it realistic. Also he said they never recorded any vocals from those artists. But if MJ recorded his, he can always record their vocals and complete the song.

The entire premise of I'm Still the King probably wouldn't have gone over well with the public. Dedicating an entire song to how you're the King of Pop?

Back