Michael Jackson Scream - The Album

Re: New Album Coming September 29? Posters Located in Germany

I remember reading about a song called "Scared of the Moon" ( I think that was the name). Supposedly the inspiration came when Brooke ******* told MJ that her sister was scared of the moon?

Don't know if that's true, but it's a cool name for a Halloween timed release.

I remember reading about a song called "Scared of the Moon" ( I think that was the name). Supposedly the inspiration came when Brooke ******* told MJ that her sister was scared of the moon?

Don't know if that's true, but it's a cool name for a Halloween timed release.

Well remembered!

That's at least 7 tracks we have. ;-)

I'm trying not to get my hopes up about this. But knowing the estate it's probably a new Cirque du Soleil show, if i were to bet any money that's what it is. I know the poster says album but still. I just don't wanna be let down again

Last edited:
Found it! From "Making Michael":

"Whenever Michael worked in the studio, there was usually a musician present. During these sessions it was mostly John Barnes –who was also working on Victory –or guitarist David Williams. Malouf said Michael had an incredibly close relationship with the musicians. “Michael would sit right in front of David Williams and place his own fingers on the guitar strings, muting the notes he didn’t want while David played an entire song,”Malouf said. “This wasn’t a common thing to do, but that’s how involved Michael was in his work.”One of the earliest completed demos was called ‘Scared of the Moon’, which Michael worked on in early 1984 with his friend, Buz Kohan. During this period the pair would often have lengthy phone conversations, carrying on late into the night. “All kinds of things would come up in our conversations,”Kohan recalls. “Michael was going with Brooke ******* at the time, and one night he called me and told me about Brooke’s sister; he said she was scared of the moon. And I said to him, ‘Michael, that’s where the word lunatic comes from, a lunatic is someone who is scared of the moon’.”Inspired by the conversation, Michael wrote a song about a girl being scared of the moon. He created the music with partial lyrics, before calling on Kohan to help him complete the song."

t9i4hf.jpg

"A message from The Estate of Michael Jackson :

Hi there #MJFam!

Who is in Venice right now? We’d love to see your photos from outside the Sala Theater where “Thriller 3D” and the “Making of Thriller” documentary was shown!

Please send us photos of yourselves and other MJ fans (with the names of the people in the photos if possible!) that we might share with the broader MJ community. You may send your photos to me at alicia@mjonlineteam.com

Also, look for people wearing the below t-shirts outside of the Sala Theater to receive FREE tickets to the screening:

Best,

MJOnline
The Official Online Team of The Michael Jackson Estate™
"

https://www.facebook.com/Unity.MJfa...4160459375154/698935833564278/?type=3&theater

I've always loved "Scared of the Moon". Such a beautiful song. And I think it fits to the whole "Halloween Theme".

Omg I find myself a tiny bit excited!! A new release would be great and the artwork looks awesome!!

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

I'm trying not to get my hopes up about this. But knowing the estate it's probably a new Cirque du Soleil show, if i were to bet any money that's what it is. I know the poster says album but still. I just don't wanna be let down again

There is speculation that it may be the soundtrack to the animated film.....

Although, the following quote from Branca states there won't be any unreleased songs in the near future:
Asked if there may be an album of unreleased recordings from the vaults coming Branca said:
“I don’t forsee us releasing any more unreleased music for quite some time.” But he added:
“That doesn’t mean there won’t be interesting [new] record releases in the very near future.”

**EDIT** Nevermind, I forgot "Scared of the Moon" had been released already

"

Last edited:

I've always loved "Scared of the Moon". Such a beautiful song. And I think it fits to the whole "Halloween Theme".

I completely forgot it had been released on The Ultimate Collection. I don't have that. Need to go listen!!!! Thanks!!

I completely forgot it had been released on The Ultimate Collection. I don't have that. Need to go listen!!!! Thanks!!

Here you go :)

Here you go :)

Thanks!!! Very pretty song. I could definitely see it working for the animated film coming out.

While Googling the song, I found the following bit quite interesting, and sad. He never stopped, always thinking, always pushing, seeking perfection.
The handwritten note hurts my heart, so many plans.

http://www.*************.com/scared-of-the-moon-the-little-song-that-could/

Hmm, link won't post, but not hard to find.

I don't want to get too excited about this, but it's got my attention. I hope it's true and we find out more soon. Thanks for the heads up AlwaysThere

Why "Scream", though? It can't have much to do with Thriller 3D because the artwork's completely different. So it could be the soundtrack for the halloween special. But why call it Scream? Wouldn't it be confusing because of the song?
Awww I'm excited. I love this feeling :D Hope they have something nice in store for us! :)

Could be the songs they're placing in the animating short. Thats what it sounds like from the mini video clip [\b]

Why "Scream", though? It can't have much to do with Thriller 3D because the artwork's completely different. So it could be the soundtrack for the halloween special. But why call it Scream? Wouldn't it be confusing because of the song?
Awww I'm excited. I love this feeling :D Hope they have something nice in store for us! :)

My guess is that it's called "Scream" to keep with the theme of Michael having album titles that are only one word.

Seems this is either gonna be a Halloween-themed compilation and/or a soundtrack for the animated special coming up. Either way, I'm cautiously excited.

Probably a re-release of Hallowe'en themed songs. Maybe one or two unreleased tracks but I'm not holding my breath.

I just got finished watching the trailer for it on Facebook. It looks interesting.

I really hope it's not just another greatest hits collection effectively.

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/v...-d-in-leadup-to-more-new-projects-1202546759/

Yep. It's gonna be a remix album/greatest hits.

Asked if there may be an album coming of unreleased recordings from the vaults, Branca said: “I don’t foresee us releasing any more unreleased music for quite some time.”

He did go on to say this:
But he added: “That doesn’t mean there won’t be interesting [new] record releases in the very near future.”

But he did say this originally:
“I don’t foresee us releasing any more unreleased music for quite some time.”

One month to me doesn't fall in the bracket of "quite some time." It falls into Branca's "very near future."

So yeaaaaah... :/.

Last edited:

Remix might be okay. As long as it's giving us something new I guess. I don't care to have a CD of songs I already own countless times over.

The cinema celebration is intriguing though. At 90 minutes it would make more sense to have Thriller 3D included in that rather than the 59 minute run time of the Venice one. The website has removed any reference to it now though...

What songs were in that clip? I'm not the best at identifying songs but I heard Dangerous, Dirty Diana and Ghosts.

What songs were in that clip? I'm not the best at identifying songs but I heard Dangerous, Dirty Diana and Ghosts.

I also hear Blood On the Dancefloor and Leave Me Alone.

I'd like to have a greatest hits album on vinyl since HIstory is really expensive :(

2018 would be 4 years from Xscape, I hope they release something similar to it, kind of getting bored of remixes

Back