Present Day MJ "Feel Goods"...

Re: Present day MJ feel goods...

I saw two teenage girls elbowing each other out of the way to get a copy of BAD in the $5 cd bin, lol! I asked them to give me a minute and I'll bring more from the receiving area of the warehouse. They thanked me excitedly when I brought more out. :)

Yesterday i play Michael music all day for about 6 hours or more from the past to now it just felt good to hear him. I use too play the cd player at work just Michael through my whole shift and the ppls love it but now i can't do that but he come on the radio and when i hear his songs i just stared sing out loud and the manger said i was sing the songs word for word and that really makes my day,

A few days ago, I walked in the grocery store and heard Love Never Felt So Good playing; also heard Black or White on the radio yesterday. Instantly lifts my spirits. :D Looking forward to the documentary Friday night. :yes:

A few days ago, I walked in the grocery store and heard Love Never Felt So Good playing; also heard Black or White on the radio yesterday. Instantly lifts my spirits. :D Looking forward to the documentary Friday night. :yes:

I also heard Black or White a few days ago! Just a bit of the song but they play it all the time where I live, as well as Heal the World.

For a MJ fan it is hard to leave when his song is playing you have to just stop and listen.

In one of the rare outings from my den earlier today I couldn't help but smile once DSTYGE started playin'. Went quite well with the awesome pizza I was about to have lolol. I also loved the fact they played Higher& higher. I was foolin' around and groovin' to it just a couple of days before.

It seems like on those rare occasions when I do hang out with my friends restaurants feel the urge to play some Michael. It's only natural though considering the wealth of catalog and his enduring popularity.

Last time around it was a totally different city and then they played back to back Remember the time and I want you back and decided to play I want you back one more time just as we were about to leave. When they first played it my friend even went: hey, isn't that Michael when he was little? I nodded and smiled in approval. It's funny cause she is the same person who quite a few years ago detected Michael's adult voice on another track, something which was quite astonishing considering that she is not a fan and his appearance on that particular tune was ignored by most.

Beat it on the radio, a request by a caller.

Michael gets lotsa love from my local radio stations.

today my therapist was here (at my home), and we talked about Michael. she knows, of course, that he's a huge part of my life, and we have talked about him many times before...and she's not a fan, but she always does it in the nicest and most respectful way. like for example, today, she started asking me about his kids, and how he covered their faces in public. and I explained why, and she goes, oh, yeah, I can definitely understand why he would do that
so instead of going, omg that's so bizarre, he's such a weirdo etc., and being judgmental, like people usually do, she's really open minded, and it seems like she's really curious to learn about him, because she always asks me a lot of questions when we do talk about him. and it's always her who starts talking about him, it's not even me :D
once she asked me how old he was when he died, and when I said 50, she went, wow, you couldn't tell, he looked good for his age :eek: :wub:
And once, we even watched michael, and it was jackson 5, and i was just waiting for the usual ignorant comments about his skin color, but no. None of that. She didn't even mention it :D she just asked me some questions about His early start in show business and about his brothers and things like that. I was really happy, it is so nice to talk about him that way with someone whos not a fan. That's not at all what I'm used to
and I have absolutely no problem talking with people about these kind of things, and teaching them about him, as long as it's done this way, with an open mind. it's just a shame that these kind of people don't come along very often...

Last edited:

^My mum is like that too, she's become very understanding of Michael over the years, especially since I've explained some stuff to her :D

I'm honestly happy to discuss MJ's more controversial sides like his surgeries and allegations so long as it's serious and they're keen to listen with an open mind. I actually love it when MJ comes up, someone says something and I go "well actually..." and after they go "Wow I didn't know that..." and they actually apply that learning to their perception of him. It's a good feeling when people learn the truth (I mean that in a good way, some people are just curious about certain aspects of his life or simply just not knowledgable on Michael and thus don't know what to think).

Last edited:

Michael makes me smile all the time!! every day, every hour, every minute, every second

^My mum is like that too, she's become very understanding of Michael over the years, especially since I've explained some stuff to her. Yay for our awesome mums :D

I'm honestly happy to discuss MJ's more controversial sides like his surgeries and allegations so long as it's serious and they're keen to listen with an open mind. I actually love it when MJ comes up, someone says something and I go "well actually..." and after they go "Wow I didn't know that..." and they actually apply that learning to their perception of him. It's a good feeling when people learn the truth (I mean that in a good way, some people are just curious about certain aspects of his life or simply just not knowledgable on Michael and thus don't know what to think).
I know what you mean, and I feel exactly the same way :yes:
there's a fine line, and when people cross it, I have no time for that bullshit. I completely ignore it when people make those ignorant close minded type of comments. I have wasted enough time on that in my life. I'm done with it
but those who don't cross that line (whether it's on purpose or not), and just simply want to learn about him with an open mind, and maybe are confused about what to make of it all, I am more than happy to guide them in the right direction :D

Michael makes me smile all the time!! every day, every hour, every minute, every second
you like my post so much that you copied it? aaww, that's nice

You know, when you walk into a store, and they come up to you and ask if they can help you? It was yesterday, this happened, and then after he said that, he said to me, cool! Michael Jackson fan! I love him too!

Once when I was in the car with my mother on the highway we had Speed Demon playing. A little further up the highway the police had pulled somebody over and as we were driving past them MJ was singing the line "Pull over boy and get your ticket right" LOL, perfect timing!!!

Since every station I play on my pandora throws out a Michael Jackson tells my friends a lot about me when we're riding around the city, lol. He along with Janet, Beyonce, and one or two more artist I can listen to them all day. That really makes me smile though.

was at the ER, and a nurse said to me, I'm a Michael Jackson fan too!

I had one yesterday. I was already in an angry mood bc my sister -in-law is planning a trip to Vegas next month and I told her they should go to the cirque show. She stopped me mid sentence and just shuddered-no way would they go to a Michael Jackson show.

On my way home I had the windows down because it was a gorgeous day, and the car next to me was blasting the Bad album. Put a smile back on my face.

Do you just go around telling randoms you're an MJ fan? Or were you wearing an MJ shirt? :p

One time at work, DSTYGE came on the store speaker (we don't control the music, if we did MJ would be far more frequent!!). My coworker next to me and I started doing this little jam to it on the spot :dancin::D

How did the customers react? :)

Do you just go around telling randoms you're an MJ fan? Or were you wearing an MJ shirt? :p
she saw my tattoo, commented on it, then said she is a fan too

My friend is a film reviewer and we had a conversation recently:

me: Have you seen Ghosts?
him: Oh yeah, I was a child and it ran on TV. My granny was like, "Why are Americans so into Jackson /incorrectly pronounced/?"
him: Just learnt who directed the video, so it's a must see!

I'll indirectly force him to watch the full video :yep:

I saw "MJ" and "MJJ" on a couple car license plates today. It's the little things.

now that's cool!! what an awesome coincidence :D

for the past 3 days I've lost count how many people (doctors, nurses etc) have walked in to my room (I'm in the hospital), commented on either my MJ pillow and/or that I'm watching MJ on my laptop, and then said they like him too!! one nurse even stayed for like 5-10 minutes and watched some with me :D :imbad:

I love how kids of all ages LOVE Michael and get so excited when they hear his music. It amazes me how even babies respond. It's just something that radiates from Michael's music that MAKES you FEEL it!!

I love how kids of all ages LOVE Michael and get so excited when they hear his music. It amazes me how even babies respond. It's just something that radiates from Michael's music that MAKES you FEEL it!!

When I signed up here, I was amazed by the amount of children or youngsters here. I mean, I was their age when they were born and I started listening to Michael. And I still remember that time, I thought I was his youngest fan :rofl:

When I signed up here, I was amazed by the amount of children or youngsters here. I mean, I was their age when they were born and I started listening to Michael. And I still remember that time, I thought I was his youngest fan :rofl:

really? I got the feeling that most people here are adults, and there's not so many children. in fact, I don't think I have seen one child on here?

^^There's a few teenagers on here (I was one until recently). It tends to be mostly adults and some older folk here though.

Back