Dangerous 25th anniversary month long celebration thread.

Given no re-issue is happening and their admittance of uploading new files all throughout the month, the ultimate dream - however unlikely - would be to reach the 26th (release day) and they release a new song onto iTunes/Spotify/AM etc :)

They could at least upload something new. Little videos with people talking about the album and behind the scenes footage. Also they could upload performances.

Going to move this to the new area guys, please also share your pictures and memories of 25 years ago (of course we welcome new fans sharing what they have done since)

I remember being at my uncles house with the TV on (probably a Saturday morning kids show) and seeing the Black Or White music video. It was incredible.
Soon after that I went to a very small local music shop and saw that on the counter they had the limited edition copy of the Dangerous album. It featured a pop up version of the album cover so could stand up on its own.
Actually I found it on Amazon here:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dangerous-Pop-Pack-Michael-Jackson/dp/B00004UI0U

Again, I thought it was awesome. I could only afford the standard CD version so that is what I bought and I made copies for my mum and dad on tape. I was only about 11 or 12 and it was the best thing I'd ever heard. It was played again and again and is still one of my favourite MJ albums though I have to confess I haven't listened to it from start to finish in a few years.

It's disappointing that the only celebrating they appear to have planned is on their facebook page, with no new products released (except the calendar). Dangerous deserves more than that in my opinion.

Big deal. We all have them.
I know right. I listen to them everyday. The audio isn't even any different that they've uploaded. I can't believe this. All what we've been anticipated on even since b25, i remember reading from other members "i guess we'll have to just wait until d25" i have waited literally for this for four years now & to get nothing...i mean absolutely nothing at all? This album & history were the most creative. Thriller & bad are iconic but dangerous is way more influential (in my kanye voice)

I know right. I listen to them everyday. The audio isn't even any different that they've uploaded. I can't believe this. All what we've been anticipated on even since b25, i remember reading from other members "i guess we'll have to just wait until d25" i have waited literally for this for four years now & to get nothing...i mean absolutely nothing at all? This album & history were the most creative. Thriller & bad are iconic but dangerous is way more influential (in my kanye voice)

There could still be a Dangerous anniversary release one day. Just a pity the 25th won't be marked like Bad and Thriller were. Would've been nice to mark them all at the same interval.

Something really need to be done for Dangerous we need more.:(

I will be playing Dangerous all of this month but like it has been mention we play this cd all the time.

Is there any footage on the making Of Dangerous?

Last edited:
You know what I would like to see? A hi-res scan of the original album cover painting by Mark Ryden. That would make this digital 'campaign' a bit more meaningful to me.

My 1st concert at Paris Hippodrome de Vincennes, I was 15 yo, remember like it was yesterday

A super deluxe edition is going to have to be done at some point. Surely they are not going to want to miss the twenty fifth anniversary release where they could put out a package that does not have everything on it!

so is this or is this not confirmed? what's happening!

Exactly. At least this way they aren't exploiting the real fans (OTW16 "remaster"). If it gets more people to hear Who Is It, Give Into Me and Dangerous then it's a success.

Son of a b-itch! This is like having a b-oner in your pants and not knowing what to do with it!

Major announcement from Sony and The Michael Jackson Estate!

"Dangerous: The Short Films" will be re-released on VHS video tape cassette! Oh, my f-ucking god! I can't wait! Everything is going to be different now! I was TOTALLY not expecting that! This will revolutionize the industry...FOREVER! Everything is better now! Talks of a re-release on Beta video tape were in discussion because of questioning as to whether or not the world's best selling recording artist has the ability to move numbers "like he used to as a 1980's pop star" but it was decided to hold back and give the fans what they have been talking about and demanding for so many years now! The idea and concept of taking advantage of this opportunity after not having "Dangerous: The Short Films" on VHS video cassette tape on the shelves and in stores now for over, like, what, a decade was just too good of an opportunity to pass down or up! We know that the fans will be ecstatic and will rush out to buy video tape players again just to experience what it was like in 1993! "Dangerous: The Short Films" VHS video cassette tape will feature "short films"...from "Dangerous"! There will be nothing new or unreleased on it so as to maintain the original features of this artifact! This way no one will complain! All copies of future formats from the past will be removed from the shelves as they no longer have any commercial value!

Last edited:

"Dangerous: The Short Films" will be re-released on VHS video tape cassette! Oh, my f-ucking god! I can't wait! Everything is going to be different now! I was TOTALLY not expecting that! This will revolutionize the industry...FOREVER! Everything is better now! Talks of a re-release on Beta video tape were in discussion because of questioning as to whether or not the world's best selling recording artist has the ability to move numbers "like he used to as a 1980's pop star" but it was decided to hold back and give the fans what they have been talking about and demanding for so many years now! The idea and concept of taking advantage of this opportunity after not having "Dangerous: The Short Films" on VHS video cassette tape on the shelves and in stores now for over, like, what, a decade was just too good of an opportunity to pass down or up! We know that the fans will be ecstatic and will rush out to buy video tape players again just to experience what it was like in 1993! "Dangerous: The Short Films" VHS video cassette tape will feature "short films"...from "Dangerous"! There will be nothing new or unreleased on it so as to maintain the original features of this artifact! This way no one will complain! All copies of future formats from the past will be removed from the shelves as they no longer have any commercial value!
You are throwing your toys out of the pram like a spoilt child. It's petulant behaviour.

You do realize video tape players don't exist anymore...lol

If they gonna do it it needs to be done on DVD & blu Ray

Hey baby, I'm just goin' with tha flow, yo! You know?

Back