Thriller 3D

CrazyVegasMJ

Proud Member
If "Thriller 3D" is being released this year as John Landis hinted to, shouldn't we be receiving some sort of announcement sometime REAL soon??

I'm not sure why nothing is been said official. Perhaps they are waiting for something or the right time to announce it.

It may be taking longer than expected to get the desired effect?

I hope its this year but I dont mind waiting for a better product :)

Also they could be waiting till October. To release it for Halloween!

If it happens I wonder how they are going to release it in cinemas? Maybe they will just release 3D Blu-Ray.

If they are really going to do this 3D version they might as well use footage that has never been seen before and put it in.. Even if it's same footage from a different camera, or just some type of different footage.. They could even make it few minutes longer.. a couple different clips of MJ and maybe some different freestyle dance moves by the poppers they had.

IDK just to make it a little different, not just 3D element.

And this sucker was even green-lighted by the Estate, right? Very odd we haven't heard much about this.

If it gets releases in cinemas(maybe before some movie) I wonder how they are going to handle the Blu-Ray release? Only Thriller in HD is not enough to get me buy it. There needs to be more content than that. Maybe Thriller + Making of Thriller + Ghosts + Making of Ghosts.

The estate had to have green-lit it if it indeed is coming out.. This article says it's being released this year..

http://www.slashfilm.com/michael-jackson-thriller-3d-rerelease/

Being that it's coming from John Landis himself, adds a lot of weight to the report.. Hopefully we hear some news about it soon..
Reading this again, I have always been curious why Landis sued for 50% of the royalties of the film. Does he own 50% of it for some reason? I was always under the impression that Michael put up his own money and owned it, and then Branca got the Vestron and MTV to put up the money to do the doc with it. Is it because he's co-producer?

I hope this won't happen. I'd rather have all of his short films released on BLURAY or ultra hd BLURAY.

I'm personally quite excited for a possible 3D version of Thriller - like I can reach out and hug him ;)

3D is soooooo 2010. Now it's all about 4K.

This thriller release isn't anything special.

3D is soooooo 2010. Now it's all about 4K.

This thriller release isn't anything special.

4K resolution has been around since 35mm film existed (in the early 1900s). 3D has been around as early as the 1920s.

It would be great to do this project in 3D and HD images as snippets that came in Moonwalker Bluray .

it is said John Landis is currently working on the 3D "Thriller", which will premiere in Hollywood to celebrate Halloween 2017.

Back