Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

Whatever they choose for the first single, I want to hear it on the radio. I never heard Hold My Hand on the radio. I love LNFSG, but it doesn't make for a strong single. I vote for either DYKWYCA or Xscape or STTR as the first single.

I say release the song, and make a video for it too. **** the haters....especially You Wade..you backstabbing prick.

Release it on his court date!

Metin Jackson;3980147 said:
Look what i just found:

Video:
http://player.vimeo.com/video/90692617

prt_480x270_1396464599.jpg

bestuneverheard.png

Source:
http://www.chriscarboni.com/Epic-Records-Michael-Jackson-s-Xscape

I wish the images from the promo was the cover. Amazing work. How can a promo leak at this time? sigh

qbee;3980323 said:
I contacted the MJonlineteam
So we see that not only will it be reported to soundscan from MJ .com , your country you purchased from will also be factored in for the charts. :)

Qbee, thank you however, it is still confusing for me that Spike Lee’s documentary - sold exclusively through MJ.com - did not chart unless I was not aware it did chart. Should I assume the sale numbers were that low? Was it ever published how many collector boxes of Bad25 were sold through MJ.com?

I have read some other commentary about Michael’s choices regarding releasing these songs posthumously and the concept of him “mentioning this in his will” often appears. I know I have said we may never know however, logically speaking, what in the will is secret to the public? Should I assume his trust mentions posthumous releases? Why did he not mention his art in the hangers that attempted claims were made on? It slipped Michael's mind? No word on who his masters - that he wanted so badly - would be entrusted to if he passed before July 2009? I believe now he did not mention this in a will and that is why we are where we all are now. Take note Prince and Stevie Wonder.

Lastly, how difficult would it be for a statement to be released stating DYKWYCA was written/recorded early 1990’s? Yes, I believe it is worth releasing that statement to prevent the word allegations or whatever similar word(s)/phrase(s) from being joined to every mention of an amazing song by the untrustworthy media. I would not be partial to the first single so long as DYKWYCA was released in time for June. Allow Michael's art to be the focus and not ridiculous controversies for a change.

Release it on his court date!

Indeed!

Last edited:

Hmm, what are other possibilities are there ?
Hmm, let me think: 80s + midtempo + love themed = Heartlight?

If so, I'd be very pleased. I've always imagined MJ singing it while I listened to Neil Diamonds version.

Turn on your heartlight, let it shine wherever you go,let it make a happy glow,
for all the world to see, turn on your heartlight

According to a german journalist on twitter, prelistening will happen today in bayerischer hof in munich.

According to a german journalist on twitter, prelistening will happen today in bayerischer hof in munich.

Can you post the source? Shame we only find out about the prelistenings until it's too late to attend (if even possible).

Can you post the source? Shame we only find out about the prelistenings until it's too late to attend (if even possible).

I'm wondering if the NSA couldn't provide a live feed when such listening parties happen :chillin::ph34r:

After all has been said and done, there is still one thing that is bugging me, and I can't get rid of it. So, I hope that someone in here could answer my question.

It's by invitation only for media etc. Same as the others in UK and France It's not open to the public and it shouldn't be. Its for a specific purpose. they are trying to woo the media and get good publicity for the release. so far it is working very well.

After all has been said and done, there is still one thing that is bugging me, and I can't get rid of it. So, I hope that someone in here could answer my question.

No, mayonnaise is not an instrument.

I think the most likely candidate for the mysterious track would be 'Groove Of Midnight' it does seem to be mid tempo from the demo snippet we currently have, it's definitely not a ballad. Just check out Siedah's version.. could work well..

Now since I've read "Buffalo Bill" a couple of posts back I cant help but absolutely HOPE that this is the song. Long shot though haha

I think the most likely candidate for the mysterious track would be 'Groove Of Midnight' it does seem to be mid tempo from the demo snippet we currently have, it's definitely not a ballad. Just check out Siedah's version.. could work well..

I don't think so as it is a Rod Temperton song. He didn't 'allowed' his material to be released since 2001. Hence the last minute pull backs of RWY-demo & Starlight from the 2001 SEs as well as TLIML-uncut from TE3.0

Now since I've read "Buffalo Bill" a couple of posts back I cant help but absolutely HOPE that this is the song. Long shot though haha
I don't think that it is a love song

I vote that they release Love Never Felt So Good first.

Why? Because that's hands down the weakest track on the album, even if John McClain spiced it up a bit. And while it will probably get some positive reviews, I'm sure critics will say, "This album is shaping up to be pretty boring if this is all they have to offer." (Well, critics who weren't in attendance at any of the listening parties will say that.)

Then they release Do You Know Where Your Children Are. And everyone shuts up.

OR by then everyone's moved on, the publicity and interest has died down and the song that should have been a hit passes everyone by.

This isn't a new Michael Jackson album. You don't get much of an opportunity to make people notice. They can't build this campaign from quiet to loud. They have to go loud, and stay up there.

Here's a question that is bugging me. How do you call a male ladybird?

p.s. Sorry for slighly going off-topic, but it is indirectly linked to the topic. (See "butterfly effect" on google).

These are the haters and the media we're talking about. They don't care if it's straightforward. If they see an opportunity to drop even the slightest suggestion that Michael is a pedophile, they'll jump on it and do anything to make it not straightforward. It's sad too because people tend to believe them more than the fans. I can already hear them commenting in my head: "They won't be as scared as they will be when they run into him! LOLOLOLOLOL" Shit like that, you know?

If we bow down to these idiotic reactions and shy away from releasing a great song just because of fears like this, then haters already won.

ETA: And by the way, there is no reason to be sensitive about Wade's so called case. That guy is a backstabbing, opportunistic liar and no victim. The only victim here is Michael. It's time to let his voice be heard as well and not trying to hide his message and what he actually had to say about child abuse during that time about which Wade now claims that MJ raped him. Haters might try to interpret crap into it (we have seen that with that letter MJ wrote to Dee Dee about child abuse), but it will never make sense that someone can be so sensitive and passionate about the issue and then turn around and rape a child. You will never stop haters from talking crap, esp. now with the Wade case coming up, so why even bother about those idiots? We should not live our lives according to what haters say. That only makes them have power on us.

IMO DYKWYCA should be released as a single. Maybe not the as the first single but definitely the second or third, since most reviews called this the best song on the album.

Last edited:

Here's a question that is bugging me. How do you call a male ladybird?

p.s. Sorry for slighly going off-topic, but it is indirectly linked to the topic. (See "butterfly effect" on google).
:popout:Yoo-hoo Bumper there is no separate distinctive for the male. They are simply male Ladybugs or male Ladybird Beetles.

:butterflies: Right, Anyways .......

:popout:Yoo-hoo Bumper there is no separate distinctive for the male. They are simply male Ladybugs or male Ladybird Beetles.

:butterflies: Right, Anyways .......

What a discrimination. I think we should change that and call the male ladybird: gentlemanbird.

4144054.jpg

Well I agree, but a man is not a calf either, and it didn't prevent him to milk a cow.

so a calf is "milking" its mother? (just to put some milk into its baby bottle, of course)

Last edited:

poker_face_2_by_rober_raik-d4cxlfn.png

So why are they touching and changing the pretty much completed songs? Xscape DYKWYCA Place with no Name? These songs are good enough and complete enough how they already are. I can understand making the songs 'fuller' adding more drums here a bit more bass there even some new sound fx, but to completely restructure the songs is no need. Xscape and DYKWYCA are finished and perfect how they are. No?

Back