Wembley DVD Critique /Quality and other prefered concerts over Wembley go here

I hope the only reason why they choosed to release July 16 over July 15(better quality) wasn't that Diana was in the audience. Any filmed Bad Tour 2nd leg concert would be the best release ever!

It probably was because Diana was there. Think, they could of just said "Michael Jackson live in Wembley 1988. But they labeled it July 16th and showed the video of Michael with Diana in the begging. So that is most likely probably why they chose 16 over 15. I agree with you, I do like the 15th over the 16th.

Another thing that makes me think is that how it's possible that The Estate could not find any footage (not metnioning the film reels) while Spike Lee got them just like that? How is that possible that numerous Another Part Of Me and Man In The Mirror performances could be founud so easily while finding the conert tapes is so hard?
the same way he got alternative material and behind the sceens footage of the official videos. both Apom and MITM are meant for official release. so that material is stored the same way as the other official videos material is stored in archives that is easily to find and access. just as promo footage with single performances of kansas, NY and LA, that can be used for specials like the "number one". the concert recordings are stored in private archives.
so, MITM and APOM are no indication that any full concert still exist. why he didn't use any film material for IJCSLY? don't you wonder why its always the same footage used in specials, compilation videos and etc?

i was really impressed with the quality. this is 25 years ago we are talking about and frankly, from listening to the complaints, i thought it would have been way worse. i'm pleased, and it's better than my yokohama copy, which is saying a lot!

I think the reason why Michael wanted few concerts in DVD is that he wanted the fans to see him live more. At lease Wikipedia is with that opinion. And now he's passed away, that reason's gone, too.

lol no.
If that's the case, why were several HIStory shown on tv.
Why was dangerous tour sold to hbo, bbc, and later put on dvd.

For whatever reason, his label or him didn't get around to releasing a video or broadcast shows.
And technically, Bad tour was released (first leg) to TV in Japan, so there's that.

i was really impressed with the quality. this is 25 years ago we are talking about and frankly, from listening to the complaints, i thought it would have been way worse. i'm pleased, and it's better than my yokohama copy, which is saying a lot!

There are better Yokohama copies around. Mine looks great, and doesn't compare to Wembley DVD.

TWYMMF was better quality. WHY? Because it is a higher standard tape. Also TWYMMF was unedited/not enhanced so for what its worth I disagree with those who claim "its just as bad as the VHS" LOL....

Yeah. It almost seems like they dumbed it down or did very little to enhance it so it wouldn't look too much better than the main feature.

I think if they didn't over de-noise it and didn't touch the colors or brightness it would of been fine. At least the whites! The whites were fine! I don't know why they didn't! It would of been nicer if they chose a different way to mix the 5.1 sound and the MITM part with the who's wasn't there. Or maybe if they just released that great quality clip of BJ, whatever concert that was.

I wish they release a concert in USA one day, I prefer the stage in open area format, with the public closer to stage, and the band in the same level as MJ, in Europe I think the band are kind of hidden back there lol

I think in person it would have been better to be in an arena, but for TV and stuff, it's cooler to see the giant crowds of a stadium.

There are better Yokohama copies around. Mine looks great, and doesn't compare to Wembley DVD.

How is the audio in Yokohama ?
Also 5.1 like Wembley DVD ?
Which one has the better audio you would say?
And could you maybe point me to somewhere I can still buy Yokohama (a good version ofcourse!)
Thanks ! :clap:

It's not 5.1, it's from a TV broadcast.
Audio is fine.
Video is excellent quality compared to wembley.
Not for sale. The internet is where you get it.

You can always buy that in China. (Just kidding, although it's true, because I bought a copy myself...)

34pjjp1.gif

The wembley show is very good. Probably one of his best. But i think they should've/could've used a different show. Either the Paris show or the last show of the tour. That's my personal opinion.

artists most of the time keep the masters and film footage of their shows, maybe michael stored it away as he didnt want it released?

its just before wbss, i imagine they filmed this & July 15th of the Wembley shows as they both have multitrack :)

You mean this camera that is in the tower?:

vlcsnap-2013-02-25-20h03m43s45_zps9f44941f.png

It is still too blurry to see clearly. That is most likely the camera that was for the front camera angles for Jumbotrons. But it kind of looks like a film camera so you could be right.

if someone discovered all the shows on film from the bad tour, which would you like to see most? :)

I don't think the question is whether they were filmed or not, because they obviously were, based on the evidence posted in this topic.

The problem is that the estate doesn't know where they are now...

I would like to see the blue shirt concert from Moonwalker MITM.
Absolutely agreed. MJ was so cool that night. Unfortunately it's hard to see where exactly is the spot. I've checked all the shots of blue shirt from Moonwalker and the only useful one was blurred.

Last edited:
These are the exact FILM cameras used to film the Bad Tour per the email I got from the Film director of the tour Mr. Pecchi.

Mr. Pecchi is the director that Michael Jackson wrote the letter to explaining to how vitally important it was for him to capture the performances in the best way. He says they filmed entire concerts during that tour so here its is straight from the director in charge of capturing the Bad Tour on Film. I just hope they find this footage because as Much as i love the DVD we got, it's so hard to watch after seeing the Blu Ray footage of Man In The Mirror. It is simply amazing, so The Estate just has to find that footage! Maybe some of this footage will be included in the Bad 25 Blu Ray!

Here is his email from him. I asked if they every filmed entire shows and whether an entire Wembley show was captured on Film. His response:

Kerry, hello.

We started out in Tokyo with 1 beta cam and soon purchased a 35mm BL 4 and a 16mm camera. Eventually our crew grew to 5 and we shot miles of color neg at shows in Tokyo and Osaka. Moved on to Australia and more shows. I was his DP/director until we came back to the US to regroup for Europe. Several changes happened and I quit the show. A few of our original crew continued, but I departed.

Miles of 35 neg, shows, interviews, moments with MJ, some great stuff. I Have no idea where the footage is now. Rather certain entire UK show was filmed.
Later..bp

url-2_zpsb8be39c7.jpeg
url-1_zps1fa63bb5.jpeg

I'm biased in favour of the show that was released, as it was my first ever MJ show I went to!! I'm just grateful it was that show that was discovered!!

Here we are 7 years later. I will keep beating a dead horse here and say an HD Filmed Bad tour (or any new show) should be released soon. Before the world ends lol.
Leeds would be great since it was appearently shot on film and was going to be broadcast.
Or, they could take some umatic show (NY, Kansas) and remaster it. (Send it to a different company this time) and I think it would look better than wembley.

If they released a Bad Tour show in HD.....that would be the greatest release ever (to me).
As far as we know, they shot the whole Aintree show on film. This has been confirmed by a user called GoFlying in 2013.

What I find extremely interesting is that in the Bad 25 version of APOM, they used U.S leg footage which wasn't used in the original music video.

New York
76719-1532336916.jpg

And there is also footage from another U.S leg show (probably Minneapolis).
I wonder if they shot these two shows in full although probably not.

Back