Which tours were live?

DancingMjsdream

Proud Member
Janet is obviously a great entertainer and one of the best female dancers out there.
But i'm never sure about her live singing.Velvet Rope tour sounds very live to me.But then there are other tours which make me think she used pre recorded tracks.

Any Janet experts here? :p

I'm not as on top of her tours as MJ's, but I wanna say from what I've seen over the years, she does a mix of playback, live singing, and singing along to her backup vocals, depending on the song.

Speaking about her Number Ones tour specifically, she re-recorded a lot of the vocals and mimed them to give it a more live feel, rather than just the album recording.
Sure fooled me. Saw her 3rd row center on that tour, and it appeared she was just live the whole time. But I'm sure a lot of the busier songs were pre-recorded.

I'm not as on top of her tours as MJ's, but I wanna say from what I've seen over the years, she does a mix of playback, live singing, and singing along to her backup vocals, depending on the song.

Speaking about her Number Ones tour specifically, she re-recorded a lot of the vocals and mimed them to give it a more live feel, rather than just the album recording.
Sure fooled me. Saw her 3rd row center on that tour, and it appeared she was just live the whole time. But I'm sure a lot of the busier songs were pre-recorded.

She sure knows how to fool the audience, sometimes i can't even tell if it's live or not.
But when we talk about MJ we can say: okay Triumph tour was 100% live, Bad tour was 90% live , history 95% playback and so on.
And i thought maybe we could do the same for Janet.I tried to ask some Janet fans but the ones i talked to didn't seem very honest.They claim that all her ballads were always live.I doubt it.

I was at the janet tour front row & close to the front at Velvet Rope too.

I'm sure majority of both were live. I have a bootleg CD from janet & that backs it up.

I distinctly remember 'Again' being very live.

I was at the janet tour front row & close to the front at Velvet Rope too.

I'm sure majority of both were live. I have a bootleg CD from janet & that backs it up.

I distinctly remember 'Again' being very live.

I was going to see her Unbreakable tour.... well :/ I will never see MJ perform i hope i will see Janet someday.

I love Again

I remember velvet rope tour sounding very live to me.. Not sure on specific sections but!

Back