Just heard Invincible for the 1st time!

• Thread starter Deleted member 9375
  • Start date
So I have to listen to the record of Invincible to like it? IF that were the case, there's a bigger problem with the album than I thought.. lol!! Personally, I'm sure hearing it differently would sound refreshing buttttt, I think I got the idea.. I personally like listening to old hits that were only released on physical albums on albums.. Get that original sound that people heard it.. Invincible was a digital album and what we hear on download is what the creative team behind the album planned for.

Mine arrived today. I haven't played it yet. Haven't even opened it yet haha. I'm really tired so ill probably do it tomorrow.

I'm listening now, actually. It does a bit better. Not the dramatic difference some people are hearing, though. I'll get around to ripping it at some point.

I think the main difference I'm noticing is that the background vocals are a lot clearer.

I think the main difference I'm noticing is that the background vocals are a lot clearer.
I could hear more natural instruments, as the drums dont seem as loud in most songs. Strings/synth parts seem much more organic and definitely about the backing vocals. The guitar at the end of Cry leaped through the speakers at me.

I could hear more natural instruments, as the drums dont seem as loud in most songs. Strings/synth parts seem much more organic and definitely about the backing vocals. The guitar at the end of Cry leaped through the speakers at me.

It still generally sounds crushed to me, I think it's probably just the production of the album, unfortunately. Although I am noticing more layers than before and it's definitely an improvement over the CD version.

It still generally sounds crushed to me, I think it's probably just the production of the album, unfortunately. Although I am noticing more layers than before and it's definitely an improvement over the CD version.
Delighted you got it man. The vocals are so much better on it and yes you can hear much more going on, as you say you can hear more layers.

I did actually rip the first half of the album but I didn't think it came out too great, I think I may need a new cartridge for this album as the s sounds are quite harsh. (haven't experienced it with any other of my vinyls). I will try again though

A general comment. I always wondered for new mj cand hearing invincible now for the first time.. how different is the thoughts of the album compared to those who heard it in 2001.

A general comment. I always wondered for new mj cand hearing invincible now for the first time.. how different is the thoughts of the album compared to those who heard it in 2001.

A few friends of mine who are all Weeknd fans suggested we share albums. I put forward Invincible [they'd never heard it before] and it came out on top with nearly everyone giving it at least an 8/10. I was really surprised.

Invincible really is a great album.

It was maybe ahead of it's time when it was released.

Had MJ still been alive and released it today I guess it would do fine.

Just bought my copy from Discogs, can't wait to hear it! Thanks for the recommendation!

Back in 2012, I was given Thriller 25 on vinyl. Unfortunately I don't have a record player lol. I already enjoy invincible so I'm now tempted to pick them both up :) Great post/thread. I do think it was ahead of its time.

I find this hard to believe. Especially, seeing that you've been on this forum since 2011 and havent listened to a whole album. MJ didn't have a crazy amount of adult albums so its hard to believe curiosity wouldnt of driven you earlier to hear it. Also with the airplay that YRMW and Cry gets.

I find this hard to believe. Especially, seeing that you've been on this forum since 2011 and havent listened to a whole album. MJ didn't have a crazy amount of adult albums so its hard to believe curiosity wouldnt of driven you earlier to hear it. Also with the airplay that YRMW and Cry gets.

Did you read the OP's post?

Sorry to anyone that wanted the rip, it's just not hq enough to be worth it imo. A lot of the songs sound very harsh when I rip them. The cd probably sounds more hq lol. It's definitely my stylus or something. I feel you can probably find a rip of this online if you want.

Last edited:
I also have the Vinyl.. and i ripped it long ago. Only need to find the files. But i guess its not allowed to post here.

I also have the Vinyl.. and i ripped it long ago. Only need to find the files. But i guess its not allowed to post here.

Could you please send me at least 1 track, if you have the time, to check if has the same quality that I already own? I have one rip but im not sure if was well done it... If the sound is that good as people say I will buy a copy and give it to a friend who does an excelent job riping vinyls... I just wanna know if is worth it!

Thank you kai.

I agree invincible was ahead of it's time

Hess;4229934 said:

8701girl;4239758 said:
I agree invincible was ahead of it's time

I have seen this argument being brought up many times (that it was ahead of its time when it was released in 2001), but I never agreed with that.

The sound of the up-tempo tracks did not really offer something that the listeners never heard before that album’s release.

For example, the sound of the Rodney Jerkins tracks had already been prevalent before that album came out (such as, Destiny’s Child).

MJ even whispers the word ‘Darkchild’ (at the beginning of ‘You Rock My World’), a common tactic that Rodney Jerkins used to impose upon his artists at that time as a digital signature for his songs.

But also even lyrically, ‘Invincible’ rehashed mainly old themes that never appealed to most people/fans.

Back