THRILLER appears in new trailer for STRANGER THINGS Season 2

Does this come across as anyone with a brain who believe the lies told on Michael especially a kid movie? NO. People know the truth. I rest my case. Great trailer. (Stop listening to haters. we all have em).

People are hype AF about Thriller being in this trailer (the Reddit threads alone are full of MJ/Thriller praise).:D
Good move estate, good move.:yes:
The reaction has been overwhelmingly positive. The right song with the right show at the right time. It is brilliant to see the reponse for this and Thriller elevates the trailer to another level. Season 2 has been so anticipated and this is a massive nod for MJ too.

It's a great show.. for those who are fans of the 80's feel movies.. ET, Goonies etc. they'll enjoy the show as well

Wait! You've seen MJ's animated Halloween film already in Thailand!? Wow! We have to wait months for it here in the UK!!

Having watched it in full, what did you not like about it?

To say that if released in Thailand, it is very difficult.
plus Netflix has just came to Thailand. 3 months ago

Last edited:
Great show and thriller fit with the theme perfect! So glad to see MJ's legacy still going strong

Hmmm, I wonder how many kids will watch this trailer? Maybe that will generate interest in a MJ Halloween special? Maybe the Estate knows what they are doing after all. Should be a interesting fall for MJ fans.

I'd say this type of thing will do far more to introduce MJ to a new demographic than some cartoon special. And it feels genuine, honest and respectful. But hey, maybe I'll be surprised.

I'd say this type of thing will do far more to introduce MJ to a new demographic than some cartoon special. And it feels genuine, honest and respectful. But hey, maybe I'll be surprised.
I didn't want to be the one to say that -in my '8 Years on Legacy thread- but you make a very valid point.

Dumb luck on the estates part or brilliant strategic placement?

Dumb luck on the estates part or brilliant strategic placement?

I think it's just a very obvious thing to do.

Stranger Things is such an '80s show based on Spielberg-eqsue films and the new series is set in 1984 that including Jackson makes sense. Same with the Ghostbusters scene. Or in Back To The Future 2, the girl having MJ posters on her walls. (in fact there are MJ references in all 3 BTF films)

I think it's just a very obvious thing to do.

Stranger Things is such an '80s show based on Spielberg-eqsue films and the new series is set in 1984 that including Jackson makes sense. Same with the Ghostbusters scene. Or in Back To The Future 2, the girl having MJ posters on her walls. (in fact there are MJ references in all 3 BTF films)
So what you're saying is, it was "so obvious" that even the estate were capable of noticing the opportunity. Yes. Yes Mr R, I agree.

I think as you allude to, it just goes hand in hand with the whole 80's theme, and that's pretty much that. Still though it's probably gonna reach a wider audience than the animated special.

^^This is only on Netflix. Not the same as mainstream CBS that every single family gets for free.

^^This is only on Netflix. Not the same as mainstream CBS that every single family gets for free.

Young people today do not tend to sit around watching CBS with their families. The move is towards watching programs any time, anywhere. NETFLIX has the type of demographic that will attract new, younger fans towards MJ.

I'm scratching my head here, wondering how people could possibly not see this, or the animation, as a good thing.

I wonder what sort of world some of you live in. Constantly 'cloudy' and 'miserable' I would assume?

Smooth is right here, more and more people don't watch TV shows the way they used to.. and many that still fallow tv shows catch it on apps at there own time.. netflix, hulu, or any other streaming system.. Stranger things is highly received, and one of the highest ranking shows on netflix.. The core age or stranger things though is actually between 18-49 but does have a young fallowing as well.

And just to say this, there is not one show out there that is NOT about Michael that could use Michaels music more than that show.. I would lie to you if I said I did not watch season one just looking for Michael Jackson 'easter eggs'.. It takes place when Michael ruled the entertainment industry and has a total feel of an 80's film.. What got me into it before even getting hooked to the story was the FEEL of it.. just felt like I was a kid again watching E.T., Goonies, or stand by me.. THAT type of feel.. and what else was I doing between watching those films? Listening to Michael Jackson!!

^ Im glad you're watching it.. You'll have to let us know what you think of the season once totally done! how far along are you into it now?

I'm not sure I'd agree with the word choice of 'obvious'. You'd see Michael on every 80s throwback if that was the case.
The Goldbergs on ABC takes place in the 80's and I kept expecting a Michael Jackson reference or a poster or something-but I read an article that they wanted to do Thriller and the Estate had charged too high of a price.

ABC (Disney) has deep pockets, so maybe the Estate just didn't care for the show or what they wanted to do with it.

I'm not sure I'd agree with the word choice of 'obvious'. You'd see Michael on every 80s throwback if that was the case.

Okay,not obvious perhaps. But still it's a spooky, supernatural show set in 1984, so not exactly a surprise.

Not being dismissive though, it's great!

It's all changed now Barb as SmoothMJ has already said. It's about watching shows whenever you want. Sky TV has Sky Box Sets and most people have Netflix on Apple TV -you can get an Apple box for around 50 dollars, possibly cheaper secondhand. It's worth it to get an Apple Box for the Netflix and YouTube apps on the TV screen. The estate should be working on getting Moonwalker, Making of Thriller and the Spike Lee docs on Netflix also to reach a massive audience.

It's all changed now Barb as SmoothMJ has already said. It's about watching shows whenever you want. Sky TV has Sky Box Sets and most people have Netflix on Apple TV -you can get an Apple box for around 50 dollars, possibly cheaper secondhand. It's worth it to get an Apple Box for the Netflix and YouTube apps on the TV screen. The estate should be working on getting Moonwalker, Making of Thriller and the Spike Lee docs on Netflix also to reach a massive audience.
Hmm-I cancelled my Netflix subscription when they stopped doing DVDs. My brother and most likely my sister (they're first on everything) have youtube, and netflix and all that stuff on their cable subscription and new TVs. I tried YouTube on it once. It was fun watching it on a big screen.

They don't watch anything good though-it's always baseball, football and golf. ha.

Hmm-I cancelled my Netflix subscription when they stopped doing DVDs. My brother and most likely my sister (they're first on everything) have youtube, and netflix and all that stuff on their cable subscription and new TVs. I tried YouTube on it once. It was fun watching it on a big screen.

They don't watch anything good though-it's always baseball, football and golf. ha.
Yeah, I remember Netflix in the beginning not being all that great but since they began commissioning series's under their brand they've really improved leaps and bounds in the last few years.

The Apple TV Box is a good way to go as smart TV's don't come cheap. YouTube, Netflix and the very occasional documentary or series boxset recorded on the Sky box is pretty much what I watch. TV in general has gotten pretty bad over here, it's all repeats and reality tv, and the weekends are worse.

Also, Netflix still does DVDs just in case you wanted it back. They have a streaming service and a mail service.

for those who don't have Netflix, honestly you get a lot for the investment. price vs. what you get! The biggest issue you will have is PICKING what to watch because the options are so wide.. You could find yourself skimming movies/documentaries/shows until it's too late to actually watch something.. You sit there 2 hours before bed like "OK I have 2 hours, lets skim 2 hour movies.." 35 minutes later.. "You're like ok well I guess 1.5 hour movies" .. haha than you're like "F it, I have no time"

for those who don't have Netflix, honestly you get a lot for the investment. price vs. what you get! The biggest issue you will have is PICKING what to watch because the options are so wide.. You could find yourself skimming movies/documentaries/shows until it's too late to actually watch something.. You sit there 2 hours before bed like "OK I have 2 hours, lets skim 2 hour movies.." 35 minutes later.. "You're like ok well I guess 1.5 hour movies" .. haha than you're like "F it, I have no time"
Story of my life! Click click click click! :lol:

^^In almost every case, Netflix's own produced series appear in every country. If they're new to a country, some Netflix-produced shows might already have deals with local networks and thus, they aren't available on Netflix until the contract is finished. When Netflix launched in NZ, we didn't have House of Cards on it because it was already airing on a local network. Then the contract expired and now it's there.

For New Zealand, I find Netflix's available content to be very good. Unfortunately it's often the rights-holders of the content that enforce geo-blocking and extremely complicated licensing measures for different regions. It sucks and is an outdated concept, but it's not Netflix's fault. US doesnt have everything either, NZ has had movies and shows that weren't on US Netflix for example.

And hey, you could always change your IP location. If you're still paying for the service I see no issue with doing that.

To me, getting an MJ song onto a Stranger Things trailer is a major coup. Has anyone noticed Thriller spiking digitally as a result of this?

Everyone likes to listen to the song in 1983?
  1. Billie Jean
  2. Beat It
  3. Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'
  4. Human Nature
  5. PYT

so I will listen to Billie Jean

According to independent data Season 1 of stranger things was streamed 21.5million times in the first 35 days of availability in the U.S. Not bad IMO.

Netflix shows today are some of the most highest rated shows. The days of sitcom watching on TV are near dead (especially in america).. There are only a few series that keep people going on TV. I can't even tell you the number of people that canceled cable or satellite just to use streaming programs..

People are too impatient now days to wait for a show to air, Netflix has become such a part of culture that it is assumed that everyone has it. (Though I know some don't).. People don't even ask "Do you have netflix?" anymore they just ask if you've seen specific shows that are on netflix.. "Did you catch the new season of Orange..?"

You don't Cable and Chill but you NETFLIX and Chill! ;) Netflix has even taken over the dinner and the movie date concept.. lol

I absolutely cannot wait for season 2 of this show. That's awesome that they used Thriller for the trailer!

Q: Who is Stranger Things fan/s?
(Me = Yes)

Back