are u still crying when u listen to mj's songs ?

Re: are u still cry when u listening mj's songs ?

I used to cry upon Heaven Can Wait (back in 2005 when I became a fan, luckily it passed), Heal The World, Little Susie and YRMW (only shortly, it reminded me of something upsetting).

I avoid these songs:
She's Out of My Life
TWYMMF - not that it makes me cry, but since I was sexually attacked, this song doesn't feel innocent anymore
Gone Too Soon
YANA - heard the song immedialy after a break-up
Childhood
Smile

^ Some parts of the TWYMMF short film make me uncomfortable, too, but the song itself I have no problems with.

No, the songs don't make me cry, but I the video for Hollywood Tonight makes me sad. There are clips and symbols of Michael (the outfit the girl wears, the dancing etc), but he's not there himself, if that makes sense? It should be him instead of that actress, but it's not...

^ Some parts of the TWYMMF short film make me uncomfortable, too, but the song itself I have no problems with.

No, the songs don't make me cry, but I the video for Hollywood Tonight makes me sad. There are clips and symbols of Michael (the outfit the girl wears, the dancing etc), but he's not there himself, if that makes sense? It should be him instead of that actress, but it's not...

I don't mind the woman - after all, the song is about a girl that becomes famous.

It was 6 months ago was the last time I had listen to Michael. Mainly because of the very sad fact. That 6 months ago I had realized that I had totally lost the enjoyment I once had of listening to him.:boohoo It still really hurts like beyond past hell knowing the fact. That I had enjoyed the pain of having my wisdom teeth pulled. More than I did to listening to Michael. Same thing goes for watching him. Back when we still had him I used to listening to Michael constantly. And I so totally miss my MJ nights that I once had. Almost every single night before I go to bed. I would spend any where up to 3 maybe even 4 hours of just watching and listening to him. I would even sometimes do that in the mornings. He was my total obsession after all. Shahrukh Khan's 2 movies Darr (1993) and now his new movie Fan pretty much best explains my obsession over him. Now thanks to my depression I just plainly regret of ever becoming an MJ fan. Let alone allowing myself to become an obsessive fan. Even though I am still slowly excepting the fact that 99.5% of my hardcore MJ fandom is gone from me. I am glad that I still have that half percent. Even though that half percent only now means wearing MJ t-shirts when I am at home. And my still constant wearing of my MJ necklaces. As well as going in to my MJ sites everyday. But I still so badly wish I could be like the other fans on here. Who can still handle watching and listening to him all of the time. I just I knew how they did it.

No not really tbh.

No. I would say for me all emotions are gone. I feel nothing. I don't know why.

Nah, they make me happy not sad :)

It depends on my mood. If I listen to One Day in Your Life too closely, I'll cry. I still can't listen to Gone Too Soon.

Yes, sometimes I still have to cry ... but some of Michael´s songs could also make me cry when he was still with us. Like:

Man in the Mirror
Will You Be There

... you know ...

Try to listen to the spoken outro of Will You Be There without at least a tear in the corner of your eyes. *sigh*

Cathartic Songs that won´t ever lose their power IMO.

Not usually one to cry over songs, but "You Are Not Alone" does something to me. I guess it's because when I heard he was rushed to the hospital, I ignored the news for a bit and tried to look at something else. Then, I flipped through channels again and next thing you know MTV is playing the music video. It was surreal. So, that song really takes me back to that day. "Little Susie" kind of gets at me, too. I guess it's because I can relate a little.

I didn't when he was alive. Now it happens, especially after his death, I didn't cry when I heard the sad news, but then when some months later in 2009 I heard the released song "Monster" the emotions suddenly overwhelmed me and it was the first time I cried as I realised again what kind of person he was that the world has lost, remembered again how he looked like and that he is not with us anymore. I felt such a pity for him. It happens every time when I don't think of him for some time and then come across some video with MJ and start watching videos and then the tears come.

Sometimes I do. "Be Not Always" can do it for sure, others like "I'll be there", "Will You Be There". Depends on my mood as well. No other artist evokes the emotions in me that he has.

Sometimes I do. "Be Not Always" can do it for sure, others like "I'll be there", "Will You Be There". Depends on my mood as well. No other artist evokes the emotions in me that he has.

OMG, I'm the same way!
I'm not very emotional at all, but listening to MJ's music can leave me feeling some kinda way, I think it's Michael's voice.
Someone could cover one of MJ's songs and I won't feel a thing, It HAS to be MJ's voice.
The main song I stay away from is Gone too Soon.
I just can't take it.
There are other songs that make me sad, but Gone too Soon is like an arrow to the heart for me.
Heck, depending on how I'm feeling Love Never felt so Good can leave me misty eyed (the solo version, I don't like the "collab" version), but then I suck it up because I know MJ wouldn't want me to be sad. :)

He was one of the few artists who was able to pour his whole heart, soul and emotions into his songs. I see it in his dancing as well. He was one of the most honest artists I ever come across.
Gone To Soon is definitely a hard one.

I cry-very unexpectedly. Tonight (and maybe just because I'm in a sentimental, sad mood tonight), but somebody unexpectedly posted a video of the Jacksons performing at Motown 25-I started watching it and when Michael and Jermaine went into "I'll Be There", my eyes just started welling up with tears-pouring down my face.

It's not just certain songs anymore-I just never know when it will happen.

I can't listen to You Are Not Alone without crying. When I listen to that song, I think of my aunt who passed in April, and I think of Michael.

I still can't listen to "Gone too Soon;" I don't think I ever will :(
Recently, "Will You Be There" brought me to tears, which has never happened before.
After Michael died, I wasn't able to listen to any of his songs that were even remotely sad.

When he passed, I could not walk in the store to see his pictures and I could not stand to see or hear the word "the Late". I could not deal with it. And his music I could not listen to or play. It was bad for me on so many levels. Even when it come to other artists. The song, "you the best" by Drake bring up the moment I heard the news because that song just finished playing and I was watching Dr. Phil which was about a couple who was struggling with the drowning death of a son. I turned during commercial just to here something about Farrah on CNN and that when the news of MJ being rush to the hospital. What is also strange was when I was at work and heard about Farrah's death at 1:25 pm eastern time, I told my coworkers, "this means one more is going to die" Ed McMann died that Monday or Tuesday and death sometimes comes in 3's. I would have never thought it would have been MJ.

Terrell, I know what you mean. I couldn't stand to hear or read those words....."the late", either.
It tore me up. "How could this be?" was my thought.
But with so much time gone by, I can deal with it better now but I just don't use those words.
It also took me a minute to get past speaking about him in past tense.

Last edited:
As for me I totally stop listening to him. Why listen to someone whose only going to cause me to have anxiety attacks now.:( :boohoo But there are days where I still so very badly crave to hear him or even watch him. And it really hurts to no freaking end that I can't listen or watch him. Because I don't want to have another anxiety attack.:( Thanks to that a-hole I am now force to live the rest of my life in total f-ing misery. And I am only 36. I will never know what it is like to be that H word ever again. That a-hole forever took that away from me.:( :boohoo

Yes, I do. But it depends more on my mood than on a particular song.

Some days ago I cried and sobbed almost all the way through the Dangerous album. I had my earplugs in and volume way up. I was in a wild mix of all kinds of emotions concerning my life and health situation. Rage, fear, grief, love, sadness, vulnerability ... and hope

The journey through Dangerous was rough but perfect, and the climax that day was in "Will You Be There". Music has often be cathartic for me, but this time, listening to and experiencing the song and the relief that came from it was very intense.

I might sound pathetic, but I think that maybe some of you have similar experiences with Michael´s music. Nah, I know it :)

Hey you know what? I totally relate! Especially since I got these new Bose headphones. You can really hear the performer emoting and for someone like Michael who I have that emotional connection to? Even MORE so.

I teared up listening to "Earth Song" on the train home today :yes:

moonstruck87;4181127 said:
Yes, I do. But it depends more on my mood than on a particular song.

Some days ago I cried and sobbed almost all the way through the Dangerous album. I had my earplugs in and volume way up. I was in a wild mix of all kinds of emotions concerning my life and health situation. Rage, fear, grief, love, sadness, vulnerability ... and hope

The journey through Dangerous was rough but perfect, and the climax that day was in "Will You Be There". Music has often be cathartic for me, but this time, listening to and experiencing the song and the relief that came from it was very intense.

I might sound pathetic, but I think that maybe some of you have similar experiences with Michael´s music. Nah, I know it :)

As for me I had now made it a point to not ever listen to a single MJ song ever again. I just can't handle it no more. It is all thanks to that mother fcking ahole for causing my severe depression and anxiety attacks that I have now. I am now looking for the right Bollywood songs to replaced every single one of Michael's songs with. Which is going to take a good long while. Since there have been thousands of Bollywood songs recorded over the years. But thankfully I already found several. Like:

In The Closet is replaced with Sheila Ki Jawani

Smooth Criminal is replaced with Tees Maar Khan

Heal The World is replaced with Chanda Chamke

Threatened is replaced with Aye Khuda

Billie Jean is replaced with Challa

I Just Can't Stop Loving You is replaced with Saans

Is It Scary is replaced by Lori Of Death

It is something I had started doing a good couple of years or so ago. Then I had just stop doing that. But now I am going to finish it. Since I am now thinking about pulling the plug on what very little of my MJ fandom I have left in tact. Since my MJ fandom is still on life support. And just concentrate on my massive obsession I have for Bollywood now. There is always something to look forward to in the Bollywood world. In the MJ fandom world there is absolutely nothing to look forward to anymore. And I do mean nothing. I am only kidding myself if there is something to look forward to. Becoming a fan of his was a huge mistake. And I had made that huge mistake back in the early to mid 80s. When I was around 4 or 5 years old. But you are not going to know any better when you are that age. When I watch or listen to something Bollywood related I am back to feeling of how I used to feel. When I used to watch or listen to something Michael related. With Michael now I can no longer feel that way. Not when I am still suffering from severe depression and anxiety attacks if I so much as to try to watch or listen to him now. Those anxiety attacks and my depression is never going to go away from me. Thanks to that fcked up nameless ahole who gave that to me. Just like he also cause me to suffer with insomnia and horrific MJ nightmares. I still tend to have every now and then.

The other day, I was watching Michael at the WMAs 2006. I had watched it several times before, but, this time, it made me cry. The expression on Michael's face when he hears the crowd chanting his name, the love, oh the love!! I hope to God that he knew, until the end, how much he was loved!

The other day, I was watching Michael at the WMAs 2006. I had watched it several times before, but, this time, it made me cry. The expression on Michael's face when he hears the crowd chanting his name, the love, oh the love!! I hope to God that he knew, until the end, how much he was loved!

The November 2006 moment was beautiful, but I think the awards in Japan were even more important because they represented the very first public appearance after the trial. The rawness of his emotions, his relief at people's continued support, the honesty and the gratitude in his eyes, the tears - I think that was one of the most beautiful moments that he shared with the world. It was a rare glimpse into the depth of his humanity and even more than that, a seldom show of vulnerability on his part. For someone who was taught and trained to disguise his pain, hide it under the picture-perfect smile, for once he allowed himself the freedom to show his surprise and thankfulness at the fact that people didn't believe those horrendous lies about him.

Being hounded for decades, plastered all over tabloids and even arrested must have made him feel at times that the entire universe was against him. In fact, that was never true. As loud and horrible as the media may have been, irrespective of how many among the general public may have eaten up those lies, there was always a lot of love, support and understanding for Michael all over the world. I'm convinced that not only in 2009, but well before it he understood that.

And btw of crying - thinkin' about these things and especially today, got me teary eyed. But then again, it doesn't take all that much to get me to cry about Michael. Don't even need a song for it. That's how much of a crybaby I can be. Don't suppose I get any braggin' rights because of it....

There are things that still trigger me to tears almost eight years on. Moonwalker was the most recent one as I just watched it last night on my new Blu-Ray disc. That part where he leaves the kids rips me up on the inside. Another recent one was watching the Bad 25 documentary when they started talking about his passing. Songs don't truly trigger me as much as they used to but there are still times where I'm sad and listening to a Michael song and start bawling like a baby. But as I've said before,I've definitely come to accept his death long ago,but it's truly something I'll never get over.

The November 2006 moment was beautiful, but I think the awards in Japan were even more important because they represented the very first public appearance after the trial. The rawness of his emotions, his relief at people's continued support, the honesty and the gratitude in his eyes, the tears - I think that was one of the most beautiful moments that he shared with the world. It was a rare glimpse into the depth of his humanity and even more than that, a seldom show of vulnerability on his part. For someone who was taught and trained to disguise his pain, hide it under the picture-perfect smile, for once he allowed himself the freedom to show his surprise and thankfulness at the fact that people didn't believe those horrendous lies about him.

Being hounded for decades, plastered all over tabloids and even arrested must have made him feel at times that the entire universe was against him. In fact, that was never true. As loud and horrible as the media may have been, irrespective of how many among the general public may have eaten up those lies, there was always a lot of love, support and understanding for Michael all over the world. I'm convinced that not only in 2009, but well before it he understood that.

And btw of crying - thinkin' about these things and especially today, got me teary eyed. But then again, it doesn't take all that much to get me to cry about Michael. Don't even need a song for it. That's how much of a crybaby I can be. Don't suppose I get any braggin' rights because of it....

I sure hope he understood it as well, although, you know...after all he'd been through, no one could have blamed him for having doubts. I remember an article about some fans that were camping outside his villa (in Las Vegas I think). There, he had told them that he could feel their energy through the walls and to "never stop loving him". That had been heartbreaking to read.

Back