Michael's Vocals?

I'm going to suggest that the 'This is it' concerts would have been a huge success.

When you're the biggest mega star alive, that has been performing for 40+ years, people appreciate seeing you live. They don't spend their time analysing every nuance of the singing and dancing, they care about the overall package, the experience. And you can be sure Michael would have given his fans an experience to remember.

Many people, my children and their friends included, would have been able to say, "we saw MJ live!", to their children and grand children. They would not have gone home and freeze framed everything to see if Michael missed a beat, or mimed incorrectly. Leave that to the anal 'music experts' with an axe to grind.

I went to quite a few MJ concerts. They were an amazing experience. Not once did I give two hoots if Michael mimed whilst performing his ass off. And, looking around at the many thousands of people around me each time, neither did anyone else.

Perhaps the people suggesting what a failure TII would have been are the same people who think AEG/Sony killed Michael by " making him perform"? Certainly I would imagine most of them have never experienced Michael live in concert (watching on TV does not count), or they would never doubt his ability to entertain - miming or not.

I'm going to suggest that the 'This is it' concerts would have been a huge success.

When you're the biggest mega star alive, that has been performing for 40+ years, people appreciate seeing you live. They don't spend their time analysing every nuance of the singing and dancing, they care about the overall package, the experience. And you can be sure Michael would have given his fans an experience to remember.

Many people, my children and their friends included, would have been able to say, "we saw MJ live!", to their children and grand children. They would not have gone home and freeze framed everything to see if Michael missed a beat, or mimed incorrectly. Leave that to the anal 'music experts' with an axe to grind.

I went to quite a few MJ concerts. They were an amazing experience. Not once did I give two hoots if Michael mimed whilst performing his ass off. And, looking around at the many thousands of people around me each time, neither did anyone else.

Perhaps the people suggesting what a failure TII would have been are the same people who think AEG/Sony killed Michael by " making him perform"? Certainly I would imagine most of them have never experienced Michael live in concert (watching on TV does not count), or they would never doubt his ability to entertain - miming or not.

Nah I'm suggesting it would be a failure because Michael was a wreck emotionally and physically. He had serious lung damage and was using drugs to get through rehearsals never mind actual concerts with an audience there. What fantasy world are you living in that Michael was able to perform all the concerts? He was still taking propofol. Therefore losing weight due to not actually getting any sleep, his condition worsening as time goes on. I doubt there was any saving him Tbh. He was in denial about what needed to be done to get himself healthy.

before I knew what This Is It was going to be I imagined (and thought it would be a good idea) to do a show almost like a Broadway set. that way If he's performing as such it would give him a reason to take things a bit slower on the dancing (keeping energy and voice a bit more steady).. Having a set like the video for Smooth Criminal with the circle tables etc.

IMO, even if someone doesn't think the shows would have been knock your socks of amazing due to Michael not being in the best shape at the time it's still ridiculous to say that they would have been a hot mess when they didn't even happen.
Saying that is just going out of the way to be negative.

Also MJ would still be here if not for Conrat Murderer.
I thought this was known,LOL.
Regardless of how you look at it he killed Michael.

I'd have to disagree. To fans, seeing a megastar like him perform, regardless of using playback or not, wouldn't bother people.
To the general public, I don't think many people would be happy with an aging man and alleged child molester lip sing. This is not how I see him, but there are many who would have trashed him.

These concerts were going to receive heavy media attention, and Michael needed to play all his cards right to repair his damaged image.

With that said, we know that Michael was not well enough for the concerts.
He was frail, he had planned to most likely lip-synch 30% of the concert, and his dancing had changed.
Not sure how well it would have been.
My GUess, not good.

Nah I'm suggesting it would be a failure because Michael was a wreck emotionally and physically. He had serious lung damage and was using drugs to get through rehearsals never mind actual concerts with an audience there. What fantasy world are you living in that Michael was able to perform all the concerts? He was still taking propofol. Therefore losing weight due to not actually getting any sleep, his condition worsening as time goes on. I doubt there was any saving him Tbh. He was in denial about what needed to be done to get himself healthy.

Not for the first time, your 'facts' seem to be lifted from tabloid mags and tabloid programs. You seem happy to believe every negative 'fact' spouted by those with a way one-sided agenda, whilst ignoring any positives.

Didn't the autopsy prove Michael was a healthy 50 year old? Yes you can pick apart every detail of a deceased person to make out they were a wreck when they died. Yet Michael, despite his various illnesses and complaints - and your 'expert' opinion of course - would still most likely be alive today, excluding an accident/being murdered.

By his own accounts, MJ hated touring, and it no doubt affected his health. Didn't stop him entertaining millions of fans each time though, did it.

You stick to your 'expert analysis', based on nothing but gossip and innuendo. I will go with my decades of experience in following a man who knew how to put on a show, even when it hurt.

I'd have to disagree. To fans, seeing a megastar like him perform, regardless of using playback or not, wouldn't bother people.
To the general public, I don't think many people would be happy with an aging man and alleged child molester lip sing. This is not how I see him, but there are many who would have trashed him.

These concerts were going to receive heavy media attention, and Michael needed to play all his cards right to repair his damaged image.

With that said, we know that Michael was not well enough for the concerts.
He was frail, he had planned to most likely lip-synch 30% of the concert, and his dancing had changed.
Not sure how well it would have been.
My GUess, not good.

Who gives a damn about what "the general public" think?

How many times were you lucky to see Michael live on stage?

IMO, even if someone doesn't think the shows would have been knock your socks of amazing due to Michael not being in the best shape at the time it's still ridiculous to say that they would have been a hot mess when they didn't even happen.
Saying that is just going out of the way to be negative.

Also MJ would still be here if not for Conrat Murderer.
I thought this was known,LOL.
Regardless of how you look at it he killed Michael.

I find that, for the vast majority of the negative posts, they tend to come from people with an axe to grind with AEG, SONY, The Estate, or all three.

Once I know the motive, I know the angle.

I find that, for the vast majority of the negative posts, they tend to come from people with an axe to grind with AEG, SONY, The Estate, or all three.

Once I know the motive, I know the angle.

TBH when it comes to this particular convo I don't care what axe people have to grind.
I just think it's ridiculous to act like it's a concrete fact that TII would have been horrible despite the concerts never even taking place.
It's just so damn negative for no reason. :/

Then again, there are some MJ 'fans' that act like HIStory tour was the apocalypse because it had a good amount of lip-synching, meanwhile the general public obviously DGAF and it didn't ruin his rep as a touring act because TII (which took place after the 'horrible' 'career ending' HIStory tour) sold out in record time.
Often times I find that when it comes to some things there's more negativity and negative obsession within the MJ fanbase then outside.
Luckily those people seem to be in the minority.:)

Hm, IDK about this idea.
Lip synching or not I've always liked the flow of Michael's concerts.
Different strokes for different folks though.:)

I might agree but lip-synching 97% of a live show is embarassing and beyond excusable in my book.

So the point I'm making is that MJ should have adapted his show to ensure he achieved at least 50% live vocals as a bare minimum. However he wanted to go about that that might keep 'the flow' as you put it.

Not for the first time, your 'facts' seem to be lifted from tabloid mags and tabloid programs. You seem happy to believe every negative 'fact' spouted by those with a way one-sided agenda, whilst ignoring any positives.

Didn't the autopsy prove Michael was a healthy 50 year old? Yes you can pick apart every detail of a deceased person to make out they were a wreck when they died. Yet Michael, despite his various illnesses and complaints - and your 'expert' opinion of course - would still most likely be alive today, excluding an accident/being murdered.

By his own accounts, MJ hated touring, and it no doubt affected his health. Didn't stop him entertaining millions of fans each time though, did it.

You stick to your 'expert analysis', based on nothing but gossip and innuendo. I will go with my decades of experience in following a man who knew how to put on a show, even when it hurt.

It shows how little research you actually do that you're saying I get my info from tabloids. I'm not gonna be conversing with you further. Just because I don't think everything was rosey around MJ's death. You obviously can't stand when someone says something that isn't positive about MJ. Your posts in this thread show that. You conveniently ignore all evidence that isn't to your viewpoint just as you accuse me of doing, which I don't do, btw.

^^Getting your info from tabloids or not, what you're saying can be debated, questioned, not trusted unless it comes from reliable and credible sources. So, once again:

a-python-web-service-79-638.jpg

Michael studied music from around the world, kept up with sounds that were trending each part of the world to create melodies that would grab the ear of the largest mass and widest range of people.. That is the general public + the rest..

I doubt MJ would use as much playback during This Is It as he did in HIStory Tour.

Some of the songs he had on the setlist has never been playback and are slower and easy to sing.

I am quite sure (but it is still only me guessing!) these songs would be live:

Wanna Be Starting Something
Human Nature
I Just Can't Stop Loving You
Jackson 5 medley

MAYBE live:
Black or White
Man in The Mirror
Billie Jean
Heal The World

Sure play-back:
Jam
TDCAU
Smooth Criminal
TWYMMF
Thriller
Earth Song

If he would sing Speechless - maybe just a little snippet like in the film it would be live of course.
Maybe instead of screaming I love you all the time he would sing that Speechless snippet once.

SmoothMJ;4184033 said:

SmoothMJ;4184057 said:

It falls into the basic common sense ability to understand that MJ was not healthy at all during the preparations of his ‘This Is It’ shows; yet you are still unable to realize that & you even severely criticize other fans who just acknowledge those facts.

Shocking photos from his bedroom with all those vials of drugs, Ortega’s panicked emails (sent to Phillips during the rehearsals) & many other facts do not require expert analytical skills to understand what was going on back then &, of course, they are definitely not tabloid/gossip products.

Also, needless to say that the fact that you experienced live few MJ’s concerts does not necessarily make you more knowledgeable as compared to other fans who did not have that chance.

Still we don't know for certain how the tour would have been in his ability to sing live because we didn't even had the chance to see the first actual concert. What some of you are saying regarding his voice is your opinion based on guessing and speculation, NOT THE TRUTH.

mj_frenzy;4184119 said:
It falls into the basic common sense ability to understand that MJ was not healthy at all during the preparations of his ‘This Is It’ shows; yet you are still unable to realize that & you even severely criticize other fans who just acknowledge those facts.

Shocking photos from his bedroom with all those vials of drugs, Ortega’s panicked emails (sent to Phillips during the rehearsals) & many other facts do not require expert analytical skills to understand what was going on back then &, of course, they are definitely not tabloid/gossip products.

Also, needless to say that the fact that you experienced live few MJ’s concerts does not necessarily make you more knowledgeable as compared to other fans who did not have that chance.

I don't think anyone is saying Michael was in perfect health (at least I'm not) at the time of TII because he wasn't, and to say so would be a lie.
All I (and some others) are saying is that it's rather negative and not factual in any way to say that TII would have been a horrible hot mess when nary a concert took place for the tour.
Regardless of Michael's health at the time anyone saying what TII would have been like is pure speculation, and to say that it would have been a mess is IMO rather extreme.:)

Last edited:
It's often said that Michael worried himself I'll before all of his concert tours. It didn't stop him knocking millions sideways once he got to perform them though.

Look, just because it suits some people's agendas to state that the concerts "would have been a mess", that doesn't mean I have to swallow the nonsense.

People should realise - and Michael often said it himself - whatever he was feeling, MJ was a different entity once he walked on that stage. That's one of the many things that made him the greatest entertainer ever.

Perhaps some people just don't 'get it', and never will.

^^Getting your info from tabloids or not, what you're saying can be debated, questioned, not trusted unless it comes from reliable and credible sources. So, once again:

a-python-web-service-79-638.jpg

I agree with you that anything I say is up for debate. I do think however that someone dismissing everything I say because it doesn't fit their viewpoint and because they've seen him live and I haven't (I don't really see what that has to do with anything either) is pretty silly. There's plenty of evidence that MJ wasn't well at all, definitely not well enough to do 50 shows. Kenny's emails for example. The fact he was using propofol to "sleep" and not getting any sleep at all, losing weight rapidly because of lack of sleep, not eating either. For the lip syncing thing, there's emails Michael Bearden where he says that he was gonna try to get MJ to record new vocals, or find some from the vault, for him to lip sync to. He didn't know Michael had a serious lung damage either. I do believe MJ would have died during the tour if he didn't before. He was doing nothing to help his situation. It was only going to get worse.

It's often said that Michael worried himself I'll before all of his concert tours. It didn't stop him knocking millions sideways once he got to perform them though.

Look, just because it suits some people's agendas to state that the concerts "would have been a mess", that doesn't mean I have to swallow the nonsense.

People should realise - and Michael often said it himself - whatever he was feeling, MJ was a different entity once he walked on that stage. That's one of the many things that made him the greatest entertainer ever.

Perhaps some people just don't 'get it', and never will.

What is this "agenda" you speak of? Common sense? Just because you like to blatantly ignore facts to fit your viewpoint it doesn't mean everyone else has to.

Still we don't know for certain how the tour would have been in his ability to sing live because we didn't even had the chance to see the first actual concert. What some of you are saying regarding his voice is your opinion based on guessing and speculation, NOT THE TRUTH.

Right? So it's our opinion? Does that mean we should just agree with you? I'm confused as to why you're mentioning that. It seems like you're trying to dismiss what other people are saying by bringing up that it's "just your opinion". Instead of bringing up facts like I and others have been doing you've just been saying "it's just your opinion" or "well we'll never know".

I doubt MJ would use as much playback during This Is It as he did in HIStory Tour.

Some of the songs he had on the setlist has never been playback and are slower and easy to sing.

I am quite sure (but it is still only me guessing!) these songs would be live:

Wanna Be Starting Something
Human Nature
Jackson 5 medley

MAYBE live:
Black or White
Man in The Mirror
Billie Jean
Heal The World

Sure play-back:
Jam
TDCAU
Smooth Criminal
TWYMMF
Thriller
Earth Song

If he would sing Speechless - maybe just a little snippet like in the film it would be live of course.
Maybe instead of screaming I love you all the time he would sing that Speechless snippet once.

I think it would have been something like this.

Live
Wanna Be Startin Somethin
Human Nature
Stranger In Moscow
Dirty Diana
Jackson 5 Medley
Off The Wall Medley
Speechless

Maybe Live
Black or White
Thriller
Billie Jean
Beat It

Playback
Will You Be There with the spoken outro live
Smooth Criminal
Dangerous
Jam
Heal The World
Man In The Mirror with live ad libs
They Don't Care About Us
The Way You Make Me Feel
Earth Song

Last edited:
I think it would have been something like this.

Live
Wanna Be Startin Somethin
Human Nature
Stranger In Moscow
Dirty Diana
Jackson 5 Medley
Off The Wall Medley
Speechless

Maybe Live
Black or White
Thriller
Billie Jean
Beat It

Playback
Will You Be There with the spoken outro live
Smooth Criminal
Dangerous
Jam
Heal The World
Man In The Mirror with live ad libs
They Don't Care About Us
The Way You Make Me Feel
Earth Song

Thriller sung live? - I doubt it very much. - Even in TII it is not live, not at all.

Off The Wall medley - was it planned to be in the setlist?? - I must say I hope it would be live, terrible to watch in HIStory. But I doubt it would be live.

Stranger in Moscow would be absolutely stunning sung live. - So sad he never sang that one live...

I think This Is It would have been at least 50% live. Somewhat like the Brunei concert before the History Tour kicked off.
If he planned to lip-sing, I'd hope he was going to re-record some of his older songs.
It would have been a bit ridiculous for him to lip-sing to nearly 30 year old vocals.

Back