BAD 25 - 2012 - General Discussion [Closed] please cont. discussion in BAD25 Announcement thread

• Thread starter Dangerous Incorporated
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BAD 25 - 2012 - Official Discussion Thread

Let's just wait and see and hope for the best.

:D HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

:D
Bumper I HAAAAAAAAAAAAA you more!!!!

If there is indeed a new Bad 25 commercial, I surely hope they don't use new remix. I hope they stick with the one that Michael did on the original ad. But, I know the chance is slim.

I don't understand the need to "modernize" good music. Good music is timeless. I'm listening to Queen the whole afternoon and I don't feel I'm listening to songs that were released before I was born. Save Me sounds good. Bohemian Rhapsody sounds good. People still appreciate the Nutcracker and the Four Seasons the way they are.

Is it because we are living in the digital age? Young people have no patience to get through a song and give time to a well-developed melody? It seems "music" are now just catchy beats on steroid.

Some young people including myself do appreciate real music instead of this garbage that's being played on today's radio. Yeah we are in the digital period. Times have changed and there's nothing no one can do about it. I wish there was believe me

How can Bucharest DWT be "Worst release EVER!!!" when you have Vision & Michael? I think that Bucharest is one of the best releases ever. Yeah, there are too much editing but that is the only concert we have and it is in perfect quality. I watch it very often, I love it.

No bonus material what so ever. WAAaaay TOO MUCH footage of the fans. And the clips are too fast. But what I hate the most is that we all had that very concert in great quality anyway when it was released, and they but nothing extra on it. Nothing. A very very bad release IMO. The concert is great of course. But they should have choosen another concert that had not leaked/been shown on TV already. And Bonus material is very important. editing was bad too, clips are too fast etc...

I watch it often too, but the dvd as release was plain and simple disappointing.

Some of you are so dramatic. Already talking about boycotts and disasters without even giving this project a chance (really reminds me of how the media treated MJ and his projects while he was still here).

This remix is only for the Pepsi campaign it seems and they got those DJs because their target consumers are young people/teens. And young folks like the music and remixes these DJs do. MJ also liked to work with current/hot producers and artists (Thriller25 being just one example).

Personally, I've never been into remixes, but I hope this one becomes huge in the clubs and with the younger crowd.

Would love to see this released in HQ being Bad Era:

True I shouldn't have said crappy but, I listened to their previous work and wasn't impressed and can only hope what they do with the Bad remix free or not doesn't sound nothin like their previous work. Also what I meant by endless remixes is the fact that we just had the Immortal CD which was full of MJ remixes already. Thriller 25 also had remixes of MJs work and then we have the Michael album which songs were also redone to sound diffferent. So I just expressin what would I like like anyone else, don't take it as a some sign of a boycott from me cause I never even said that once just so y'all know.

Last edited:

Some of you are so dramatic. Already talking about boycotts and disasters without even giving this project a chance (really reminds me of how the media treated MJ and his projects while he was still here).

This remix is only for the Pepsi campaign it seems and they got those DJs because their target consumers are young people/teens. And young folks like the music and remixes these DJs do. MJ also liked to work with current/hot producers and artists (Thriller25 being just one example).

Personally, I've never been into remixes, but I hope this one becomes huge in the clubs and with the younger crowd.

There is no reason to compare this situation with the media and what they've done to Michael in regards to his music. We're his fans! We only want the best. It's true we shouldn't judge before we hear, BUT, if the remixes are anything like what Dubstep sounds like, then YES, I completely agree with people assuming the final remixes will indeed be crappy.

These remixes are obviously aimed toward the younger audience... Unfortunately, it will never be about the fans anymore...To me there are both advantages and disadvantages to this....The advantage is that it exposes the younger generation to his music...The disadvantage is that these remixes could annihilate Michael's work (again, assuming the songs will be remixed into a total mess, because, IMO, that's what that thumping electronic, trance, seizure-inducing effect will do)...

That being said, I'm all for giving these remixes a chance and see what they can do with it...However, it'll be a challenge...and I hope they can deliver :D

I just want to say that Skrillex has won 3 Grammy awards this year. He might not be your or my taste but he's not some random no name guy and apparently his music isn't considered "crappy" in the electronic dance music area.

2012 Grammy

Nominated work Award Result
Himself Best New Artist Nominated
"Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites" Best Dance Recording Won
Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites Best Dance/Electronica Album Won
"Cinema (Skrillex Remix)" Best Remixed Recording Won
"First of the Year (Equinox)" Best Short Form Music Video Nominated

^^ True, but there are people who have won Grammys who don't deserve it lol Just sayin' ...

Many are judging on taste not awards. So I could care less how many grammy's he has won and why does that even matter?

^ lol just cause some people don't like it doesnt mean its not deserved.

I'd rather start complaining about something when there's actually something to complain about...meaning when the song is question is actually released.

Many are judging on taste not awards. So I could care less how many grammy's he has won and why does that even matter?

because it shows it might not be your taste but doesn't mean it's not someone else's taste.

for example this is Skrillex doing PYT. It might or might not be to your liking but watch the people on the video. They like it A LOT. so if we are talking about tastes, who is the authority to determine what is crappy or not?

and

^^ True, but there are people who have won Grammys who don't deserve it lol Just sayin' ...
\\

Exactly. Lately, many individuals have won great awards that some of the greats have not, so the criteria in what makes a winner these days is not on the same level!!

By the way why did the word boycott appear with such disdain? Some are saying if the product is XYZ or does not have XYZ they will not buy. We make these same determinations when we shop, so why is it different when applied to a post-2009 Michael Jackson product? If you are planning to buy a cruise package, you will say if the package does not have XYZ, you will not buy.

wtf did i just listen too?

It's not that bad. First 50 seconds is the original song and he's mixing in another song. He's only adding beats to the Jackson5 song and increasing speed.

These are live sets. He's mixing on the spot. Released remixes tend to be more worked on.

By the way why did the word boycott appear with such disdain? Some are saying if the product is XYZ or does not have XYZ they will not buy. We make these same determinations when we shop, so why is it different when applied to a post-2009 Michael Jackson product? If you are planning to buy a cruise package, you will say if the package does not have XYZ, you will not buy.

because the remixes we are discussing are FREE EXTRA's of Pepsi. I have never seen any customer to boycott because they are given something for free as an extra. At most if they don't like it they throw it away.

if we had the album information and if we had seen the content and problems with content I would have entertained the idea of a boycott or such negativity. It's just premature.

Skrillex, A-Trak and Diplo are to team up in order to remix a classic Michael Jackson track.
For some people, this will be a dream come true. For others, this collaboration will - literally - be the stuff of nightmares.
Skrillex, A-Track and Diplo are to team up for a new remix. The trio of big hitters will tackle Michael Jackson's classic single 'Bad' with the re-vamped version set to be released later this year. (via FACT)
The remix has been prompted by Pepsi, with the drinks firm set to give the track away. To grab the re-working, fans will be asked to buy a specially branded can of Pepsi and then scan in a code from the packaging.
Seemingly the remix ties in with the 25th anniversary of 'Bad', with the collaboration part of a wider effort by Pepsi to utilise the music scene. Labelled 'Live For Now' the initiative is being fronted by hugely successful pop icon Nicki Minaj.
As Mixmag rightly point out, this yet another tie up between fizzy drinks and electronic music. Last year iconic French production duo Daft Punk collaborated with Coca-Cola, designing a special range of bottles.
Other entries in the Coca-Cola scheme include leather-clad Frenchmen Justice, So-Me, Dutch trance titan David Guetta and more.
So: what do you think? Is branding on this level insidious or part of the creative process? Will the collaboration between Skrillex, A-Trak and Diplo be the stuff of dreams or the inspiration for nightmares?

http://www.clashmusic.com/news/skrillex-x-diplo-x-a-trak-team-up

Skrillex, A-Trak and Diplo are to team up in order to remix a classic Michael Jackson track.

For some people, this will be a dream come true. For others, this collaboration will - literally - be the stuff of nightmares.

As we can even see on this thread. Some will hate it, some will love it. Given the wide appeal of those 3 people, while most of the MJ fans complain that song would become a hit in the general young electronic dance music loving public.

Skrillex, A-Track and Diplo are to team up for a new remix. The trio of big hitters will tackle Michael Jackson's classic single 'Bad' with the re-vamped version set to be released later this year. (via FACT)

Seems to be 1 remix 1 song.

The remix has been prompted by Pepsi, with the drinks firm set to give the track away. To grab the re-working, fans will be asked to buy a specially branded can of Pepsi and then scan in a code from the packaging.
keyword - give the track away.

Like I said all this debate and negativity is due to a "free extra".

I don't need to be told that my taste can be different from someone elses taste because that I know. So the issue still remains why I can't I say I don't like it And have to be given examples of others that might when again as a fan it's my money and taste so I have my own right to say what I want aswell. It's called being fair here. I'm only speaking for myself, so I don't see why the taking of offense to it in the first place? o_O

Can A-Trak, Diplo & Skrillex do good with ‘Bad’?

Now that dance music is America’s new favourite plaything, multi-million-dollar companies are naturally looking to cash in. Or, in the recent words of Pete Tong: “Success inevitably attracts attention – and now numerous extremely wealthy individuals, big business and VC funds are eager to buy into the EDM action.”

One such big-name multinational corporation is PepsiCo, who have announced plans to recruit dance stars for its 2012 Pepsi marketing campaign. As reported by Billboard, Pepsi is set to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Michael Jackson’s Bad with a remix project in mid-May. The ‘exclusive tracks’ will be unlocked through a special Pepsi-can promotion where buyers scan a code with their phone to hear a song.
The remixers in the running for a sizeable pay-cheque? None other than Billboard cover stars Diplo,Skrillex and A-Trak, who’ll each bring their spin to MJ’s seminal track. Something worth celebrating? This seems like comfortable for territory for A-Trak, while Diplo’s sizeable remix catalogue and recent hot streak suggest he’s primed. As with everything Skrillex, no doubt his version will be the opinion divider.
Pepsi’s push into the world of ‘EDM’ pits them against arch-rivals Coca Cola, who already have the likes of David Guetta and Mark Ronson in their corner. As Skrillex said in that Billboard story: “I still don’t understand. I play in Las Vegas and there are guys spending $50,000 on tables to see me.” Best get used to it.

http://www.inthemix.com.au/news/intl/52777/Can_ATrak_Diplo_Skrillex_do_good_with_Bad

I don't need to be told that my taste can be different from someone elses taste because that I know. So the issue still remains why I can't I say I don't like it And have to be given examples of others that might when again as a fan it's my money and taste so I have my own right to say what I want aswell. It's called being fair here. I'm only speaking for myself, so I don't see why the taking of offense to it in the first place? o_O

again who said you can't write what you don't like? As I said before you CAN. also people CAN disagree with you. and I asked you how you concluded "crappy" and "endless" remixes(which seemed unwarranted and quite premature at that time) and you gave an explanation for it. The boycott comments do not apply to you. So why are you taking this so personal and in a defensive mood?

The rest is just people discussing their tastes and opinions.

-----

Edited to add

And honestly - and this is NOT aimed at you personally - I'm quite fed up with the never ending negativity coming from MJ fans especially without any solid info and purely based on speculation. Let's wait and see the album list, if it's crap I'll join to you and shout it from the mountaintops saying it's crap. But first let's have some info to come to an conclusion. It's just premature and highly unproductive to create all this negativity and speculation on our own.

Certainly not my thing, but on the plus side maybe the Pepsi remixes will take Michael's classic music to a new, young audience.

again who said you can't write what you don't like? As I said before you CAN. and I asked you how you concluded "crappy" and "endless" remixes(which seemed unwarranted and quite premature at that time) and you gave an explanation for it. The boycott comments do not apply to you. So why are you taking this so personal and in a defensive mood?

The rest is just people discussing their tastes and opinions.
Because u said this after quoting me!
because it shows it might not be your taste but doesn't mean it's not someone else's taste.

for example this is Skrillex doing PYT. It might or might not be to your liking but watch the people on the video. They like it A LOT. so if we are talking about tastes, who is the authority to determine what is crappy or not?

So I buy a soda, find a code on it, and then use my phone to get a song? Is this the idea? It seems a round about way of getting a song, but if it makes people excited, then so be it.

Because u said this after quoting me!

first of all you asked a question to which I answered (don't ask questions if you don't want answers) and my response clearly shows that I'm again solely focused on how you determined a remix we are yet to hear as "crappy". That's all. It's not personal. It's over.

So I buy a soda, find a code on it, and then use my phone to get a song? Is this the idea? It seems a round about way of getting a song, but if it makes people excited, then so be it.

I guess that's the idea. Buy a can of Pepsi, find the code, scan it and get a Skillex remix. I think it's more or less the same idea of those free iTune downloads given by Starbucks.

Yeah. If people find this exciting, so be it. Not my cup of tea. :fear:

I'd like to see what David Guetta can do with BAD :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back