Make-Up & Beauty Thread

^^yep.. after applying the primer, i need to spend extra 5 seconds to blend my eyeshadow. but, i think it worths the extra few seconds because the difference between with primer and without primer is huge. sometimes, when i'm in a rush, i skip the primer. my eyeshadow crease by noon-time.

will definitely try UD's eyeliner...

^ if i dont use primer my shadow creases within minutes! :toofunny:

yeahhy..i dont think you will be disappointed! ...its really class! :)

I've never tried a primer before...But both my Aveda and YB eye colours don't crease until, like 12 hours later lol...So, I'm good...:D

These are the eyeshadows I use from YB...So far I have the Tourmaline and the Cashmere colours...They have this dewy look to them, but don't crease and they last all day as well....They're magic, clearly :D

http://www.ybskin.com/shop/index.php?cPath=22_25&osCsid=32933953466a644cead672a4503492b2

@Alyssa and LIM, you both should seriously try the YB foundation, it's phenomenal...I don't even feel like I'm wearing makeup, it lasts all day long, still looks fresh after the entire day, and it leaves your skin feeling so soft and smooth...And, a total bonus for me is that my skin has seriously not broken out since I've been using it...It's just perfect! lol

Last edited:
Arklove, is the cashmere eyeshadow blue-ish? or gray-ish? i can't tell from the swatch..

Actually, it's more brown...The swatches are brutal, I know....The tourmaline is actually a bit of a darker pink too, and a bit of a shimmer...You know what? I'll take a picture of them when I get a chance ;)

EDIT: Here's the Cashmere...Kind of a crappy shot, but it does give a better idea of what the colour looks like:

2zfojgp.jpg

Last edited:
^Looks like a lovely colour. Browns and taupes are my fave colours for eyeshadow as well.

Today I indulged. I bought myself a new lippie from Chanel, from the Rouge Coco shine range, shade Boy. It's a dusky pink, a bit oldfashioned, with a nice shine to it (almost like a gloss but non-sticky which is a pro). Perfect for summer. Chanel make-up always makes me happy, as superficial as that may sound, but the brand just makes me feel chic instantly.

^^ Oh, sounds nice! An old fashioned pink can never go wrong...I've never tried any of Chanel's stuff...

I love browns and taupes for eyeshadow, but I also use a neutral plum colour...It works really well for me because my eyes are blue-green and the plum just makes my eyes pop...

^^ I imagine that make u look great! *loves blue-green*
It's so interesting seeing everyone here and their makeup adoration. I hardly ever use it, but if I got started again, the lipstick'd have to be of a darker saturation (burgundy red, deep violet maybe). Being dark-skinned, I think, kinda limits the options...

I also love brown and taupe color for eyeshadow. The earthy tone is office friendly. I'm looking for a neutral brown/taupe. The YB cashmere seems to be the one I'm looking for.

I love Chanel's lip gloss. It feels light and non-sticky. Not much staying power thou. Spark is a lovely berry pink.

MAC's lip gloss has better staying power, but is very sticky.

Hahaha. I'm loving this thread. I like reading reviews on makeup, especially from peeps with good taste. We do have good taste. We all love the most wonderful and beautiful man ever graced the planet earth. ;)

love is magical;3373937 said:
anyone can recommend an eyeliner (liquid or pencil) that doesn't smudge? i have tried bobbi brown, clinique before.

I recommend Tarte EmphasEYES™ Waterproof Clay Shadow / Liner. This stuff is wonderful. I prefer cream eyeliners to pencils because pencils tend to smudge, you have to sharpen them, and I always poke myself in the eye :lol:

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P262304&categoryId=B70

Alyssa;3374046 said:
That foundation looks class Alanna!! I get random urges to want a new foundation cus i kinda get bored with the same day in day out foundation routine. -_-
so id love to try that YB one. Or even Make up forever HD foundation ive heard good reviews about it!.

I LOVED the MUFE HD foundation, butthe shade the lady at Sephora "matched" me with didn't exactly match. I'm thinking of trying the lightest shade (dumb broad had me at like third to lightest, I think). I also want to try the Mat Velvet+ foundation, which is supposed to be stay-put and long-wearing, and their Alabaster shade looks like it might be a decent match. I know their concealer in the lightest shade doesn't match so the lightest shade in the HD foundation may not either.

Do love their HD powder though, OMG! I wanna try more MUFE products.

She describes herself as just a 'normal girl who loves make-up'.
But Promise Tamang Phan has gained millions of followers thanks to a series of YouTube tutorials, in which she transforms herself into some of the world's most notable celebrities.
With the a few clever tricks, thoughtful planning and several sweeps of the brush, the Nepalese video blogger puts on a surprisingly effective impression of Angelina Jolie, Scarlett Johansson - even Michael Jackson - in a few of the dozens of clips on her beauty channel.
Scroll down for video
article-0-12A08208000005DC-571_634x379.jpg
Bare-faced: Promise Tamang Phan prepares to transform herself in one of her dozens of popular YouTube make-up tutorials

While Promise states she is not a professional make-up artist on her Facebook page, and says she is 'purely self-taught', her talent for cosmetic artistry is evident in her skillful application.
[h=4]More...[/h]

Her YouTube channel, on which she uses the handle dope2111, has clocked over 96million views and won over 585,000 subscribers since she first logged on in June, 2009.
article-0-12A069BD000005DC-796_634x360.jpg
Getting started: She brushes on foundation to achieve a flawless complexion at the start of a video in which she mimics Angelina Jolie

article-2130823-12A0E982000005DC-723_306x369.jpg

article-2130823-12A0E982000005DC-457_306x369.jpg

Look familiar? Promise gives a sultry gaze to the camera after completing an Angelina Jolie make-up tutorial

And while she has uploaded every day make-up tutorials at the request of her fans, Promise's transformation videos are what have catapulted her into an elite stratosphere of YouTube celebrities.The blogger has in a short span become a standout, not only for her make-up talents, but for her uncanny ability to embody the persona of her subjects.
One video, in which she transforms into rapper Drake, sees Promise sculpting her face with shading pencils and filling in her hairline, within moments achieving a masculine look.
In one final touch, she adds designer stubble onto her chin, upper lip and cheeks, before confidently smirking into the camera and tossing on a hoodie.

article-0-12A08335000005DC-803_634x375.jpg
Same girl? A blonde wig, siren red lips and clever contouring help the beauty guru become Scarlett Johansen

article-0-12A085DC000005DC-494_634x398.jpg
Transformer: High-arched brows and winged eyeliner finish a Megan Fox look

article-0-12A0861C000005DC-547_634x367.jpg
Eye-popping: Promise accessorizes her Lady Gaga look with a giant hair bow, and a blonde and pink wig, and reveals uniquely painted eyelids

article-0-12A07461000005DC-882_634x358.jpg
The Duchess: A bright smile is all she needs to complete a look inspired by Duchess of Cambridge, Kate Middleton

article-0-12A08148000005DC-611_306x423.jpg

article-0-12A081B8000005DC-250_306x423.jpg

Strike a pose: Promise mimics Kim Kardashian with heavy eye make-up, careful face contouring and a wavy brunette wig

The video followed tributes to Michael Jackson, impeccably matching the King of Pop's hallowed cheeks and arched eyebrows; Johnny Depp, complete with retro specs and fedora; as well as several fictional characters, including Na'vi princess Neytiri from James Cameron's Avatar, Princess Jasmine from Disney's Aladdin and a blue-eyed Mariposa Barbie.

Other looks are more feminine.

Megan Fox, Kate Middleton, Kim Kardashian, Adriana Lima, Selena Gomez and Lady Gaga have all played a role in Promise's character makeovers.

article-2130823-12A0E972000005DC-889_634x472.jpg
Uncanny: A tribute to Michael Jackson has been viewed over 800,000 times

article-2130823-12A0E97A000005DC-650_634x483.jpg
Tipping her hat: Retro specs and a fedora - and a little chin fuzz - finish off Promise's Johnny Depp look

article-2130823-12A07E94000005DC-209_634x397.jpg
Five o'clock shadow: Promise teaches how to dab on stubble in a video tutorial entitled, 'How to look like Drake'

But it is her most recent video, uploaded last week, which may be the most impressive.

The 22-year-old becomes a virtual work of art, painting her face as a canvas to recreate Leonardo da Vinci's masterful Mona Lisa, a look which she finished off from behind a golden frame.

The video starts with Promise erasing her eyebrows with Elmers Glue and concealer.

She adds wax to the end of her nose, re-shaping it before applying layers of foundation.
article-2130823-12A0E97E000005DC-832_306x423.jpg

article-2130823-12A0E97E000005DC-415_306x423.jpg

Double take: The self-taught make-up artist does her best recreation of Na'vi princess Neytiri from James Cameron's Avatar

article-0-12A06B7E000005DC-510_634x385.jpg
Winged: Promise pulls back her blonde wig to begin a Barbie tutorial

article-0-12A06B29000005DC-856_634x384.jpg
Pucker up: The transformation into Mariposa Barbie is complete with a wide-eyed kiss to the camerae

article-0-12A06E67000005DC-33_634x394.jpg
Thoughtful: Stuffed animals resembling Princess Jasmine's tiger, Raja, and Aladdin's monkey, Abu, are in the background of her tutorial for the Disney Princess look

article-0-12A06E41000005DC-292_634x365.jpg
Moments later: Promise bears an uncanny resemblance to Princess Jasmine

article-0-12A06790000005DC-763_634x406.jpg
Artistry: Promise pales her complexion for her most recent tutorial, in which she becomes a virtual work of art as Leonardo da Vinci's Mona Lisa

article-0-12A067C9000005DC-986_634x416.jpg
Soft: Elmers Glue and concealer cover Promise's eyebrows, and with soft shading and a wig, she begins to resemble the mysterious women from da Vinci's most famous oil painting

article-0-12A08BE2000005DC-266_634x380.jpg
A work of art: Promise poses from behind a golden frame in the tutorial, which has earned over 250,000 views within the last week

And with soft shading and a wig, Promise begins to resemble the mysterious women from da Vinci's most famous oil painting
After several steps of contouring and shading, the make-up masterpiece is complete, to the awe of hundreds of thousands of YouTubers.
'If only Leonardo da Vin Ci [sic] saw you,' one viewer thoughtfully wrote.

'I would pay to see his expression.'

Watch video here

Read more:

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...amateur-make-artist-anyone.html#ixzz1sL3omHLd

Oh wow! She's almost as talented as Kevyn Aucoin! But more unique as she transforms herself...

Last edited:
Ok i normally aint hip to make up but I recently purchased a few new items. One is the NYC Eye shadow you see in the below picture as well as the Revlon photo ready foundation and powder in 001. Now i have not used the foundation or powder yet. But i have to say that i have never used eye shadow that you had to follow directions for... kinda blew me away but looked good in the end. Now i would like to know your opinions about the below set of make up. It is quit a mix of different companies though. There is also Rimmel London Mascara it got cut out of the pic for some reason. but let me just say something about the Rimmel London products... they are FANTASTIC! ok leave opinions :)

004.jpg

Back