New UK MJ TV Documentary coming in 2017 with Earnest Valentino? Airs Sunday 26/03 9pm Channel 5 (UK)

Re: New UK MJ TV Documentary coming in 2017 with Earnest Valentino?

So, that explains why Navi was cast in the Suzanne biopic, since Earnest was busy filming this one. He doesn't look as much like Michael as he used to-looks like this has been filming for some time.

Just hope it's not a remake of the "Man In the Mirror"-Flex version. Lol.

LOL, yes. She DOES look a lot like her mother. I watched the Girlfriend Experience in which she played and it was amazing how much she resembled her mother - I mean not only look-wise but her gestures, way of speech etc.
Yes, I would cast her and then second choice Kristen Stewart-I think they look a lot alike too.
But Riley looks just like her mom.

Just found this on the Radiotimes website:

SUMMARY
Profile of the singer, following his development from child star with the Jackson 5 to becoming an iconic performer in his own right as an adult. The programme explores his difficult relationship with his family and makes the case that growing up in the public eye had a devastating psychological impact that he was never able to recover from.

CAST & CREW
Director Ben Mole
Executive Producer Ed Taylor
Executive Producer Michael Kelpie
Producer Simon Ardizzone

I'm not sure I like the 'psychological' aspect. I think they'll make it sound as though he was nuts. I think I'll skip this show unless it gets good reports here. I don't need to watch yet another C5 show with an agenda.

I also noticed that Channel 5 will be showing This Is It from 7pm to 9pm so in all that is 4 hours of MJ on C5.

Last edited:
I have merged the 2 threads on this now we've established they are the same show. :)

So it looks like it's a semi-documentary with real people making commentary-playing up the paradox that was Michael. Really dislike that "conflicted man who never grew up."
Seems to me Michael grew up way too fast.

(By the way, took a look at Earnest's Facebook page and it seems like he has a lot of fans-it has clips of him performing, etc. I didn't play any- Can he sing, or does he just lip sync to Michael's recordings?)

So it looks like it's a semi-documentary with real people making commentary-playing up the paradox that was Michael. Really dislike that "conflicted man who never grew up."

But wouldn't you agree that Michael himself would describe himself like that?

I see that since I posted yesterday they have now also added "rich and acquitted" to the evening, so now they're showing 5 hours of MJ content.

Well I hadn't seen "rich and acquitted" but after my last post decided to watch it and I got half way through before I switched it off. In a word.....disgusted. I shouldn't get into this here and now but I simply cannot understand why the producers of a show set out to deliberately paint somebody as guilty, largely ignoring the defence case (only throwing in TMez for some soundbites, not allowing him to say too much). It's outrageous.

Seems to me Michael grew up way too fast.

I have no problem with the never grew up part because he was indeed very childlike and liked to play like a kid
I have a lot of problem with the famous/infamous loved/hated part though.
Those cretins in the media made him infamous and hated, 90% of the crap came from the American and British media.
They made him look guilty, called him a freak, a ***** oh sure that had nothing to do with him becoming infamous.

The problem with these docs is that to tell the truth about what happened to MJ the very media
which airs these docs should expose itself. And of course that's not what the media does.

I see that since I posted yesterday they have now also added "rich and acquitted" to the evening, so now they're showing 5 hours of MJ content.

**** them! That show supports the Arvizos and Zonen full on and claims MJ got away with it because he was rich.

And they have the gall to add this:

How the world's biggest pop star proved himself innocent.

Disgusting. I hate the Biritish media just as much as I hate the American media.
Hard to decide which is most corrupt when it comes to MJ.

Last edited:
I just ask whoever can watch this, to post it so we can all see it! since it's not playing everywhere

I'm going to give this a watch anyway, before this, they're showing TII, and straight after, they're showing something called "Michael Jackson on Trial," I might watch that as well.
Does anyone know why they're showing these all of a sudden?

I'm going to give this a watch anyway, before this, they're showing TII, and straight after, they're showing something called "Michael Jackson on Trial," I might watch that as well.
Does anyone know why they're showing these all of a sudden?

According to the TV guide "michael jackson on trial" is actually "Rich and Acquitted" - a disgusting anti-MJ show. don't waste your time with that one. It'll leave you in a bad mood.

From past 'documentaries' channel 5 have shown this doesn't bode well. I hope I'm wrong but I don't get a good feeling about this.

According to the TV guide "michael jackson on trial" is actually "Rich and Acquitted" - a disgusting anti-MJ show. don't waste your time with that one. It'll leave you in a bad mood.

Thanks for letting me know. I'll be sure to give that a miss.

Don't know abut anyone else but I switched off THE MAN IN THE MIRROR after max 5minutes. My blood was boiling. TABLOID TRASH.

Don't know abut anyone else but I switched off THE MAN IN THE MIRROR after max 5minutes. My blood was boiling. TABLOID TRASH.
Oh, swell. I thought it had a chance to be halfway decent since the Valentino guy was in it.

Well, whatever you do-don't watch the Trial one. If it's like some of the other Rich and Acquitted series, it'll make you really angry.

So basically it's another MJ bash fest? Will they ever get tired of it? I wouldn't be surprised, to be honest. Rarely anything produced by the UK media has ever been positive or objective about MJ.

Looks like it. I intended to watch it but seriously when I saw the first minute which started with an MJ being played by Earnest getting nude for police photographic file followed by Mark Lester claiming HOW MJ asked him to be a sperm donor, I honestly switched the TV off with a bang. If anyone could go further than me and continued watching maybe there will be at least some good in it but normally if you see a beginning like this.....

Looks like it. I intended to watch it but seriously when I saw the first minute which started with an MJ being played by Earnest getting nude for police photographic file followed by Mark Lester claiming HOW MJ asked him to be a sperm donor, I honestly switched the TV off with a bang. If anyone could go further than me and continued watching maybe there will be at least some good in it but normally if you see a beginning like this.....
oh_my_god.gif

Thanks I wasn't surprised by this....that is why I don't support these so-called docs like this .....and Mark Lester is media whore mongering scum and so is Earnest for taking part in this piece of shit!

Last edited:
So looks like another show based on tabloids trash (the Lester thing) and sensationalism (starting it with the most humiliating moment of MJ's life, as if that's the most important thing you have to know about MJ). I don't even see the point of all these "documentaries", TV movies and such. Most of them are someone's distorted, agenda-filled version, not reality. I hoped that now that Prince and George Michael died the media would move on from MJ and find others to make such movies and documentaries about (not that I wish that treatment to anyone), but apparently their obsession with MJ just won't let up.

I thought that too...and the media was more compassionate towards them despite their isues with perscription meds.....and more recently Chuck Berry despite his legal problems ....but no even in death MJ is still their whipping boy, and they used This Is It to lure viewers. That is how twisted they are for ratings and $$$$$$

What the hell...awful! So glad I didn't bother with this.

So looks like another show based on tabloids trash (the Lester thing) and sensationalism (starting it with the most humiliating moment of MJ's life, as if that's the most important thing you have to know about MJ). I don't even see the point of all these "documentaries", TV movies and such. Most of them are someone's distorted, agenda-filled version, not reality. I hoped that now that Prince and George Michael died the media would move on from MJ and find others to make such movies and documentaries about (not that I wish that treatment to anyone), but apparently their obsession with MJ just won't let up.
They're never going to let up and move on. This whole "mystique" of Michael lures way too many viewers and readers than any of these other stars combined.

I did read that they did similar shows on Karen Carpenter and Freddie Mercury-I know Reelz Channel here has been running all sorts of tabloid "docs" besides the Rich and Acquitted series and the Autopsy series.

It seems that they may have shown This Is It before the doc to lure people in (#ThisIsIt trended in the UK with lots of positive tweets about Michael).
Is the Valentino thing over yet? Can you tell if it's trending or not and if it's negative. I'm seeing on Facebook that it's a horrible show.

This documentary is completely in favour of the prosecution and heavily biased against MJ. No one should watch it.

Back