Janet Jackson, along with dancers, will be paying tribute to Michael Jackson at 2009 MTV VMA's.

I'm leaning more on "Together Again"

That would be cool, I hope she performs that. I would think Janet & the dancers would also do an MJ song though since it is a tribute to him, so it makes sense.

I'd like to see Janet do "Scream", "Smooth Criminal", "Remember The Time" or "Black or White".

Janet would kill "Smooth Criminal"

That would be HOT!!! I'm so excited!!

That would be cool, I hope she performs that. I would think Janet & the dancers would also do an MJ song though since it is a tribute to him, so it makes sense.

I'd like to see Janet do "Scream", "Smooth Criminal", "Remember The Time" or "Black or White".

She's probably going to dance to a medley of his songs! And than perform "Together Again"! The lyrics are just perfect for MJ!

I agree that "Together Again" is the perfect song for her to perform when it comes to MJ as far as the lyrics go. I can't even say how many times I've listened to that song since MJ passed, I made quite a few posts on here about that song as well. I love it, so yeah it would be cool if she did that, as well as some of MJ's songs.

Whatever Janet does though, I know it'll be great. She can dance her ass off and is the perfect person to do the tribute. She's basically the only one I trust who I KNOW will bring it and do MJ justice.

My money still goes on the medley, 'though it will be more original and special to do something different than any other tribute that has been made or will be made with artists singing, playing and dancing their own versions of his hits iconic songs

My guess is that they're going to do routines from various MJ videos and probably top it off with Janet doing a solo of Scream.

or

Janet perform the intro of Together Again and then break into a remix of MJ songs.

this is AMAZING! go janet! you see, this is the kind of tribute i want to see from a sibling, no money from fans inolved. Unlike other siblings, who shall remain nameless. I love this approach!

scream would make alot of sense because "Michael" can still be singing in a video or seomthing. this is amazing! ahh can't wait

I'm sure that Janet will include a portion of 'Together Again' in the performance because the words are perfect. BUT I really hope that they spend a large amount of time doing an MJ medley. The tribute must be HUGE!!
I want to see big stars of today wearing MJ shirts. I want them to take the mic and declare their admiration for the KoP. I want them to make it loud and clear that no matter what the press said he is STILL the man.
Ok, so I might be a bit too optimistic, but hopefully it'll be a worthwhile event, not just a token gesture from MTV because the producser think they should do something.

this must be an awesome performance
can't wait to see!!!
hope that she will do 'Scream'!

it's going to break her heart, but she's the right person to pay him a tribute

it's going to break her heart, but she's the right person to pay him a tribute

You are so right about her being the right one. I don't know if I could watch the MJ wannabees up there trying to imitate him. I don't even like to hear others singing his songs, well except for NeYo, he did a great job singing LIML...

wahey!! GO JANET!! thats great news

nice to see once sibling isnt paying "tribute" by selling funeral secrets to a tabloid about what wig MJ will be wearing in his coffin

aww janet is so sweet..just love her :wub:

I'll defnately be needing the tissues for that!

janet, just know that michael will be looking down on you full of smiles, pride and love!
he will forever be your loving brother always honey!

I'm excited about this! I'm sure the tribute will be great :) she will do her brothers legacy justice! More so than any other popular artist IMO.

Bless Janet and the Jackson family! It's nice that they are remembering their brother through their work.

Wow! This should be good! Shame it's on MTV though.
:lol:

I can't wait to see it! I kinda don't want to know what songs they do for the tribute because I want to be in total shock. Go Janet!!!

See, this is what I'm talking about.

JANET is going to do it RIGHT.

You go girl & can't wait to see you!!!

You are so right about her being the right one. I don't know if I could watch the MJ wannabees up there trying to imitate him. I don't even like to hear others singing his songs, well except for NeYo, he did a great job singing LIML...

Definitely. I'm excited to see it. I don't really want to know what she's gonna do, because I want it to be a surprise. I definitely will be watching and I haven't watched the MTV awards in YEARS.

Back