Joseph Fiennes To Play MJ In 9/11 Programme

Racism is stupid not just because it's wrong, because race is a manmade construct to divide humankind. There are different tribes but not different races, we are all one spicie, we are all human beings.

You could have posted the direct link to the article instead, HIStoric. Reading those idiotic commets was like pouring bleach into my eyes.

giphy.gif

Paris has all the right to be offended and outraged to the blatant whitewashing and disrespect to her father.

2i8cifd.png

15hzmtc.png

I was so disgusted when I first saw this .... still am. But I guess now I, like Soledad OBrien am just sad that in someone's sick and twisted mind... that is WHO they imagine Michael Jackson is

Z

Ah , fiennes is an absolute muppet agreeing to do it !
Cheap weak ignorant D list bitch hope your carreer goes down the pan . it will

Just tell me how could they produce this and include Michaels part thinking they were being 'tasteful' in any way? I get that it's supposed 'comedy' which I generally have an open mind but to see this guy come out of the makeup room... How can anyone sit there and continue with the project knowing the blasphemy they are about to showcase.. It's literally making a mockery of Michael, that's not 'taste'... Literally the 'MJ' in 'scary movie' looked more like Michael and it had the intent to be creepy.

I hope this movie bombs beyond expectations..

Now it's official, I ain't watching that crap knowing that Joseph Fiennes looked ugly as hell. I hated when Scary Movie films made an idiot out potraying Michael in a dumb fashion and now this? What kind of morons trying out of Michael? That's just blasphemous and retarded. So Hell to the No!

Ok, I tested it out and you're able to click onto it. Once you click onto the link, you need to scroll down just a bit to see the article and the entire video. :)

May I say something to everybody?? As I just now scrolled down to see everybody's comment, and each one of you said a bad cuss word. Must you use language to get your point across? You can express yourself without filthy language, please?? :(

From what I've seen most articles and what not are denouncing this mess, but I also wish that it wasn't getting as much attention in general.
The less attention that is paid to this mess the better and a ton of articles about it (even ones denouncing it) isn't helping.

But I'm still torn because it is good to see the foolishness denounced.

the tv show has bombed already.. people hate what they see, and fiennes is finished

Last edited:
May I say something to everybody?? As I just now scrolled down to see everybody's comment, and each one of you said a bad cuss word. Must you use language to get your point across? You can express yourself without filthy language, please?? :(

I know I'm not the Admin of this site, but please spare your language. There are other ways to express yourself and your opinions. :mello:

Asa Soltan Rahmati ‏@AsaSoltan

Any film or tv show depicting Michael Jackson needs to be of highest callibur and budget.He is the King of Pop and the most legendary artist

-> One of many news reports

JustJared.com ‏@JustJared
Paris Jackson is "incredibly offended" by Joseph Fiennes playing her late father Michael Jackson in new film: http://jus.tj/1qui
C17lOJWXcAUX-Qn.jpg

Paris Jackson is breaking her silence on Joseph Fiennes being cast as her late father Michael Jackson in the upcoming Urban Myths film.

The 18-year-old daughter of the late pop star took to Twitter to share that she is “incredibly offended” by her father being cast by Joseph in the upcoming film.

“i’m so incredibly offended by it, as i’m sure plenty of people are as well, and it honestly makes me want to vomit,” Paris tweeted.

Joseph is portraying Michael when he apparently took a road trip with Elizabeth Taylor and Marlon Brando after the attacks on September 11, 2001.

Michael‘s nephew Taj Jackson also responded to the newly released trailer for the film tweeting, “Unfortunately this is what my family has to deal with. No words could express the blatant disrespect.”

Fans started a petition to boycott the film. Over 20,000 people have signed the petition to boycott the film for casting a “white English actor” as “the first choice to play one of the world’s most iconic black musicians.”

http://www.breakingnews.ie/showbiz/...-fiennes-at-over-20000-signatures-772056.html
Petition to boycott Michael Jackson film starring Joseph Fiennes at over 20,000 signatures

Last edited:
Sky pulls Michael Jackson programme

Sky has said it will not air a TV programme about Michael Jackson after his daughter said she was "incredibly offended" by the portrayal of him.

The episode - part of a series called Urban Myths - had been due to air on Sky Arts.

Sky released a statement on Friday saying they had pulled one episode after concerns were raised by Paris Jackson.
The broadcaster said it "never intended to cause any offence".

The episode told the story of Jackson taking a road trip from New York to Los Angeles with Elizabeth Taylor and Marlon Brando after the 9/11 terror attacks.
Actor Joseph Fiennes had said he was shocked to be given the part of Michael Jackson last year.

Statement from Sky:
"We have taken the decision not to broadcast Elizabeth, Michael and Marlon, a half hour episode from the Sky Arts Urban Myths series, in light of the concerns expressed by Michael Jackson's immediate family.

"We set out to take a light-hearted look at reportedly true events and never intended to cause any offence. Joseph Fiennes fully supports our decision."

On Thursday, Jackson's daughter Paris said on Twitter that images from the trailer made her "want to vomit".

A petition to boycott the half-hour episode had been signed by more than 20,000 people.

The pop singer died in 2009 aged 50.
The stories had been described as "slightly tongue in cheek, mischievous and deliberately ambiguous" by Sky Arts on its website.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-38608070

Sky pulls Michael Jackson programme

Sky has said it will not air a TV programme about Michael Jackson after his daughter said she was "incredibly offended" by the portrayal of him.

The episode - part of a series called Urban Myths - had been due to air on Sky Arts.

Sky released a statement on Friday saying they had pulled one episode after concerns were raised by Paris Jackson.
The broadcaster said it "never intended to cause any offence".

The episode told the story of Jackson taking a road trip from New York to Los Angeles with Elizabeth Taylor and Marlon Brando after the 9/11 terror attacks.
Actor Joseph Fiennes had said he was shocked to be given the part of Michael Jackson last year.

Statement from Sky:
"We have taken the decision not to broadcast Elizabeth, Michael and Marlon, a half hour episode from the Sky Arts Urban Myths series, in light of the concerns expressed by Michael Jackson's immediate family.

"We set out to take a light-hearted look at reportedly true events and never intended to cause any offence. Joseph Fiennes fully supports our decision."

On Thursday, Jackson's daughter Paris said on Twitter that images from the trailer made her "want to vomit".

A petition to boycott the half-hour episode had been signed by more than 20,000 people.

The pop singer died in 2009 aged 50.
The stories had been described as "slightly tongue in cheek, mischievous and deliberately ambiguous" by Sky Arts on its website.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-38608070

This is great news!
Good job to Paris and any other family members that denounced that mess.

Go París! :clapping: I find weird Sky Arts took into account París' concerns but those are great news to hear indeed and I'm hoping the channel stick to it forever.

Well the driving force from this (if it really will not be aired) wasted a lot of time and money.. You'd think with the outpour of anger with just the news of this would be enough to think twice.. Oh well!

Well it's about time they scraped it from air time. Amen to Paris.

Glad it's not airing, though I just know that people are probably going to scream and cry about censorship and attack Paris for it even though the show getting pulled wasn't her decision. :glare:

And that makeup job on Fiennes looks awful. Probably the worst I've ever seen on any impersonator or parody of Michael.

Glad this was cancelled. It was a mockery from the get go and I wasn't too crazy about Elizabeth Taylor's portray either. It was a satirical version of Michael, and not in a good way, than any attempt to portray the real man. Comedy or not. And since when is events around 911 the subject of a comedy?

I just hope it stays cancelled and they don't try to sneak it out some other way later on.

Jermaine Jackson ?@jermjackson5 14. Jan.

Michael always said his fans were soldiers. On this occasion, they were led by @TheMJCast. We salute you.

Back