If you had to make someone a fan with ONE song, what song would it be?

Ms. BlueGangsta

Proud Member
If you had the chance to turn someone that hasn't heard an MJ song before ever in their life into an MJ fan by playing them ONE song, what would that song be?

And yes, I did kind of borrow this idea from that tweet from MJ's official Twitter account.

I'd go with either Billie Jean or The Way You Make Me Feel. Between those two, you'd have most covered.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I think you'd have to presume they know all the big '80's stuff, so I'd choose 'Give In To Me'.

Even though it hit #2 in UK, it's not widely known and the full length version transcends the rock & pop genre so perfectly.

Full length? As in the album version or is there some orgasmic extended version with an extra verse and ad-libs

Ha! No the album version I meant.

Although have you the demo with the alternative ad-libs (but no Slash)?

It all depends on the person and what type of music I know they like.. Gotta put a little more thought into it! I have used MITM, Give Into Me, Remember The Time, and a few others with distinct sounds that fit the spectra that individuals would listen to.. If they like motivating positive music, mysterious rock type sounds, catchy pop music, etc.. Luckily Mike has music down many alleys!!

I would choose Stranger In Moscow. I think the song is perfect but not that well known outside MJ circles. I've played that song to a few people over the years and it always moves people and gets their attention.

I would choose Stranger In Moscow. I think the song is perfect but not that well known outside MJ circles. I've played that song to a few people over the years and it always moves people and gets their attention.

Yeah good choice.

Asked my parents and my mum said Billie Jean and my dad said Beat It. Brother, who is 13, says Beat It. I say Billie Jean.

The way you make me feel - accessible and eminently danceable pop.

The way you make me feel - accessible and eminently danceable pop

Can't agree with TWYMMF, it's good but too poppy and doesn't demonstrate any of the complex layers MJ has.

Sorta like using Kiss to get people into Prince (if I may speak your language).

Depends very much on the person.

Billie Jean, TWYMMF, Man In The Mirror or Heal The World I think - one of those depending on the person.

I think you'd have to presume they know all the big '80's stuff, so I'd choose 'Give In To Me'.

Even though it hit #2 in UK, it's not widely known and the full length version transcends the rock & pop genre so perfectly.

Juhuu! Me too! :bow: This song has the potential to reach a lot of people, beacause, as you well put it, it transcends genres.

Back