Does the Estate not own the Master Recordings at this point?

Lol. Any time Michael did not want one of these recordings released all he had to do to block them from happening was to have the word "demo" written on the recording! Remember in Michael's head his songs were never "finished"! He could always hear more that could be done on them! So the term "finished" is entirely relevant PLUS all that is needed is Michael's vocals and then whatever else can be finished. Michael told Grace Rwambra he had thousands of unreleased songs. It is not hard to imagine that many songs be recorded over his lifetime. Apparently PRINCE recorded 20,000 which IS somewhat comical. How's that many supposed to ever even be dealt with?! Apparently only half of the J5 songs ever been released. It's not a stretch that if Michael ran through a few songs a day and got sixty recorded in a month and over a year recorded only for six months three hundred is not out of question. At that point one only has to find ten years of this proficiency. And there are definitely that many where projects weren't happening. Remember people were shocked at how well Michael could perfectly sing through a song in one take. For example "Billie Jean".

Sorry fella but there are not thousands of songs left lying around. It's obvious because of the way MJ worked.
He generally only added decent album standard vocals toward the end of a song's development, particularly in his latter years as he was so paranoid about leaks. When an album was finished there weren't many tracks left behind that were 'complete'.

Not only that, but there's another clue too. MJ continued to develop the same few songs across a number of album projects.
for example, songs on HIStory that started out on Dangerous. The same with BOTD. If he really was working on thousands of songs he wouldn't have needed to keep dipping into previous album projects to create new albums. It's obvious to me that he really was very limited in his production, particularly in the last 15 years and that when he died there were very few releasable songs. In fact there weren't even many songs that could be developed by the MJ Estate due to the lack of decent vocals, or incomplete vocals.

MJ was not Prince.

Also, MJ's archives weren't being managed very well (if at all). The whole thing was a mess, and the same goes for his video archive. nothing was stored properly, films and tapes not cataloged, deteriorating in warehouses that weren' fit for the purpose. To be honest it was ridiculous how bad it was. I'm sure the masters of his released material was well looked after, but that's about it.

How in the hell do YOU know this crap?! If THAT were the case it should have been MAJOR news!

MJ continued to develop the same few songs across a number of album projects.
for example, songs on HIStory that started out on Dangerous. The same with BOTD. If he really was working on thousands of songs he wouldn't have needed to keep dipping into previous album projects to create new albums. It's obvious to me that he really was very limited in his production, particularly in the last 15 years and that when he died there were very few releasable songs. In fact there weren't even many songs that could be developed by the MJ Estate due to the lack of decent vocals, or incomplete vocals.

MJ was not Prince.

I don't know if it was more of a 'need', but more of a desire for perfectionism. I think he began work on songs, didn't feel he was able to develop it to it's full potential so left it for a few years, only to come back and then figure out how to fully develop it. It's a very, very typical way for artists to work.

He was certainly more productive in the 80s/early-mid 90s than he was later on in his life, but he had legitimate reasons. After the HIStory tour, he started having a family and being a solo parent, he obviously spent most of his time with his children. Comparing to Prince, who minus a son who unfortunately died after a week, he never had a family to tend to and thus had more time to spend on his work.

Na, Michael was very prolific at least up to 2008 minus certain years. But you can find certain times and add them up and it would be enough to record three thousand....you know what?! This conversation SUCKS and I don't want to talk about it any more! :angry::unsure::argue: This is so gay (which IS o.k. by the way!) because none of us have any f-ucking clue what we are talking about! :tongue_roll:

Last edited:
Na, Michael was very prolific at least up to 2008 minus certain years. But you can find certain times and add them up and it would be enough to record three thousand....you know what?! This conversation SUCKS and I don't want to talk about it any more! :angry::unsure::argue: This is so gay (which IS o.k. by the way!) because none of us have any f-ucking clue what we are talking about! :tongue_roll:

You're setting yourself up for disappointment. We'll have to agree to disagree.

Back