Your Most Desired MJ Concert Releases

One day I want the Estate to release a collection of MJ's best performance of each song

I really would prefer rehearsals. Victory Tour Rehearsals or Bad Tour USA Rehearsals. Even the bad tour Japan rehearsals from 1987 would be great.

Concert wise though it's only Bad MSG that I want to see. And maybe Victory Tour LA.

Rehearsals could be included as a bonus feature or bonus disk

what's so special about this show? serious question

I don't see anything wrong with my choice. I just like to see it in Pro someday, we've seen it shot nearly pro shown present the moment they celebrated Michael's birthday (Home Movies). I don't see what's the harm in that.

To be honest, any 80's or 90's concert that is completely remastered in full HD is all I want.

Bad Tour or Dangerous Tour in Wembley are my preferred options.

I still want the 2001 show from Madison Square Garden. A few people have posted clips in 60fps HD quality on YouTube.

It's already good quality and full. The 60 fps is done by fans. I doubt it was shot in 60.

Lol yes it's just an HD upscale and fake 60 fps, nothing more.

In terms of 30th anniversary I would love to have one full unedited concert... :)

We know sone full bad tour shows were shot on film. If the estate is serious on another concert release, invest in finding and digitizing the 16/35mm film. Release it with multitrack audio. If it looks anything like the Spike Lee APOM, then it will sell more than Wembley, Mark my words.

We know sone full bad tour shows were shot on film. If the estate is serious on another concert release, invest in finding and digitizing the 16/35mm film. Release it with multitrack audio. If it looks anything like the Spike Lee APOM, then it will sell more than Wembley, Mark my words.

But what if they have a concert in HD but no multitrack audio for it? I hope that is not the reason they haven't released it.

But what if they have a concert in HD but no multitrack audio for it? I hope that is not the reason they haven't released it.

Good point. They have Wembley july 15/16 multitracks. Maybe if they mixed the two concerts multitracks so it would work with the HD show. Hopefully, this will be possible someday.

I want Dangerous Tour Munich and Wembley because Michael performed Black Or White live at both shows.

Victory Tour: I would like to see the Pontiac concerts (idk why, i just have a good feeling about them)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bad Tour: West Berlin 1988, Marbella 1988 (i know footage exists, but i would like to see it pro), Gelsenkirchen 1988
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dangerous Tour: Stockholm 1992 (2nd night), Lisbon 1992, Tokyo 1992, and all 1993 concerts.
HIStory Tour: I really want to see all, but if i have to select - Mumbai 1996, Bangkok 1996, Perth 1996, Bremen 1997 (2nd show), Amsterdam 1997 (2nd show), Tallinn 1997, Copenhagen 1997 (Birthday show), Ostend 1997, Valladolid 1997, Durban 1997.

Everything from Apollo 2002, United We Stand 2001 (If it exists) since these are his last performances that we haven't seen in full. In terms of tours I would very much like to see something official from Triumph, Victory, Destiny and one of the 1975 Jackson's concerts - same tour as the Mexico one. I'm also interested in anything from LA or London fully released.

Good point. They have Wembley july 15/16 multitracks. Maybe if they mixed the two concerts multitracks so it would work with the HD show. Hopefully, this will be possible someday.

I think the audio and video should be from the same concert. Maybe they could use video footage from many concerts if necessary but not audio. Maybe if we don't notice it. I don't want it to feel like a mix of many concerts.

Last edited:
I would love to have

Bad concerts HD clear picture
Dangerous concerts HD clear picture
HIStory Tours HD
Victory Tours HD
Triumph Tour HD

I think the audio and video should be from the same concert. Maybe they could use video footage from many concerts if necessary but not audio. Maybe if we don't notice it. I don't want it to feel like a mix of many concerts.

Agreed, I would suggest mixing the audio as a last resort only If finding the original film and matching multitracks is too problematic.

Agreed, I would suggest mixing the audio as a last resort only If finding the original film and matching multitracks is too problematic.

I hope they would release it even without multitrack audio. It would a real shame if they didn't release an HD concert because of that.

Bad tour los Angeles 1989
DWT at Tokyo Dome 1992
HWT 27.7.97 Nice (because I was there front row and he was on fire ??)

Last edited:
I'd like to see a DVD release of all of Michael's award show performances, or TV special performances (Sammy Davis Jr & Liz Taylor Bday performances, Bill Clinton Presidential gala, AMA's, VMA's, Grammy Awards, etc. Maybe some rehearsals of the Bad/Dangerous/HIStory tours (as long as there is live singing on them).

I think that would be cool. Call it "The Ultimate Live Collection"

I hope they would release it even without multitrack audio. It would a real shame if they didn't release an HD concert because of that.

After watching APOM HD, you just can't go back to VHS lol
Leeds was shot on film, so it makes sense there would be multitracks with it. It just all depends on if they still have it in the archives...

Leeds was shot on film, so it makes sense there would be multitracks with it. It just all depends on if they still have it in the archives...

Personally I'd even be okay if they used the Wembley Multi's and synched them with whatever film stock they have recorded throughout the whole tour. They could even get away with using some Beta shots depending on how cleaned up they can get it, especially close up shots.

Personally I'd even be okay if they used the Wembley Multi's and synched them with whatever film stock they have recorded throughout the whole tour. They could even get away with using some Beta shots depending on how cleaned up they can get it, especially close up shots.

If edited, properly, it could be an amazing release.

If edited, properly, it could be an amazing release.

Especially with the audio remixed like the APOM music video. As for film there's multiple shows across Europe like Wembley, Leeds, Paris, Some/at least few Eastern Countries. For the US there's Minneapolis on film, and I'm sure another show or two judging from the Bad 25 APOM. For Beta there was rumored to be virtually every show recorded, but what's survived is up to debate. LA is a definite contender judging from the pieces in a documentary from the early 2000s. As for 1987, there's the early Japan shows, specifically a Silver and Red shirt on film.

I would be ok with it if they can make it seem like a one concert. I don't want to see the venue and Michael's outfit changing all the time.

I would be ok with it if they can make it seem like a one concert. I don't want to see the venue and Michael's outfit changing all the time.

That's a good point. That would make the European shows a good candidate.

Especially with the audio remixed like the APOM music video. As for film there's multiple shows across Europe like Wembley, Leeds, Paris, Some/at least few Eastern Countries. For the US there's Minneapolis on film, and I'm sure another show or two judging from the Bad 25 APOM. For Beta there was rumored to be virtually every show recorded, but what's survived is up to debate. LA is a definite contender judging from the pieces in a documentary from the early 2000s. As for 1987, there's the early Japan shows, specifically a Silver and Red shirt on film.

They could call it "Bad Tour on Film"
Add in rehearsal footage. Put together a show with whatever material they still have.

I'd like to see a DVD release of all of Michael's award show performances, or TV special performances (Sammy Davis Jr & Liz Taylor Bday performances, Bill Clinton Presidential gala, AMA's, VMA's, Grammy Awards, etc. Maybe some rehearsals of the Bad/Dangerous/HIStory tours (as long as there is live singing on them).

I think that would be cool. Call it "The Ultimate Live Collection"

Amen to this. It would be incredible. Let's hope someone is listening.

Is there any proof that Smooth Criminal was sung live on Kansas City 1988? People say it was, but I've seen no proof of that.

Back