Michael Jackson’s Thriller 3D

Re: John Landis - Top Secret Thriller Project!!!! Coming 2017

Thriller in 3D in 2017 is?

Ok so I've all the Death hoax videos right...what if this is the MJ comeback we've been waiting for???? Like what if he's really still here and he makes a return with an all new Thriller. All the signs I've seen lead me to believe that.

stop it...not funny

ok so i've all the death hoax videos right...what if this is the mj comeback we've been waiting for???? Like what if he's really still here and he makes a return with an all new thriller. All the signs i've seen lead me to believe that.

dont even freaking go there!!!

Mj is dead!!!@ okayyyyyyyu! He is dead! Now let him rest in peace! And let his family grieve in peace without hearing this stupid nonsense!!!!! ???

Ok so I've all the Death hoax videos right...what if this is the MJ comeback we've been waiting for???? Like what if he's really still here and he makes a return with an all new Thriller. All the signs I've seen lead me to believe that.

33w34tz.jpg

:ermm: :busted: :eek:hno:

I am not even sure if you are joking or not...

Are you serious?

The only thing that's making me think it's more than just the Thriller video in 3D is the time that it's taking to complete this project. This has been planned for some time now and you'd think if it were a simple (simple all in retrospect) changing Thriller to Thriller 3D than it could have been completed by now...

Than again I just thought... 2017 would make 35 years since Thriller album sooooo. maybe they are waiting on purpose

Oh, wow! This is GREAT news! Say this along with "Dangerous 25" should pave the way for hopefully a new release in 2018! Perhaps if not another compilation of studio recordings then hopefully a live concert film! I think the first that should be released in theaters and is one that is a compilation of performances from his three solo tours! It could include all sorts of stuff that happened on the tours as well! This would be perfect to the start of more concert films released over time! There is no reason why this should not happen! Shoot! "This Is It" was simply only rehearsals! If they can put "This Is It" out into theaters then there is no question that concert films could be as well!

Sony just released a VR (Virtual Reality) headset for PS4. It could also be related to that.

I don't think so. Thriller is most likely going to be 3D. That doesn't mean 360 degrees that VR needs.

"This Is It" was simply only rehearsals! If they can put "This Is It" out into theaters then there is no question that concert films could be as well!

This Is It was a success because people were really interested about it. Michael had just died. There wouldn't be that kind of interest for concert films in cinemas. It would be great though.

My guess is it is going to be an extended version released of Thriller in 3D.. you know there is footage that was never used in the 14 minute version.. They could easily put together a 20 min + version with archive footage and re release it in 3D.. More convo in the car, longer scenes, and even different angles of footage that is already released..

The project is actually completed, and just (what looks like) waiting for proper promotion and release via Estate approval in 2017.

Good guess on what could be entailed on "Thriller 3D" though I don't think any source has indicated that to be the case in terms of it being extended. John Landis apparently said somewhere along the way in "recent" HIStory (Lol, get it? Sorry.) that there could and or would be an alternative (a.k.a. "different") ending that was filmed at the time and was not used. I don't think that that would have to equate to it being longer...it could mean SHORTER! Hopefully this means that there will also (Along with "Dangerous 25" being released!) be a "Thriller 35: Still Alive!" box set! It could include a concert from "The Victory Tour 1984 Live!" and more goodies than just what "Thriller 25" contained.

Last edited:
I would love to see as extras more of the Thriller video that was used in This is it documentary. Just something that Michael wanted to “add” to the original.

All i'm hoping for is more documentary footage from John's "The Making Of..." (if it still exists), archived interviews & new interviews with the makeup artists, dancers, and crew, footage from MJ's personal videographer, footage from the premiere screening, and last but not least, the original 35MM print of the "Thriller" short film.

^^If it's something like this, that means Spike Lee's documentary won't be happening.

^^If it's something like this, that means Spike Lee's documentary won't be happening.

I think they both can work together. John's project could be mostly a remastered, retrospective version of "The Making Of", centered mainly around the short film, while Spike's film documents the entire era from the early recording process through the "Victory Tour" (1981-1984). It's all wishful thinking on my part, but it's a nice dream to have lol.

This is definitely what is going to happen. Get your hopes up. Now.

Yeah with all the scrutiny Michael has gotten that would be the SMART thing to do right? fake a death and come back.. Can you say lawsuit city? falsifying documents and hundreds of other legal and public issues him faking a death and coming back would cause!!

As much a I would love for him to come back, he's not.. At some point we have to accept that. He's here with the legacy he left behind.. Michael was never stupid enough to put himself in a 'fake death' situation planning to return. that would be havoc on his life..

I just got so f*****g excited. I just hope not Halloween 2017....now that i think about it, if it's done why not just release it for this Halloween

I think if they (public) sees thriller on blu ray...then we might get a high demand for visions on blu ray hopefully

500ad3e0d83d9a9df699b906eabb51b6.jpg

Oh, yeah, Estate! Squeeze out maximum of Thriller!
25th, 35th, 45th, and so on anniversaries every 10 years, a very special edition of a very limited edition, the footage you were never meant to see of making of Thriller including Ola Ray's first audition and the recipe of cooking that MJ's cinema popcorn, plus the unseen director's cut by John Landis' dog, released on DVDs, on Blu-Rays, in VR helmets, in extra hi-res Sony audio only for dolphins' ears played only on Sony Playstation and Sony Xperia, plus previously unreleased demo home records of Vincent Price digitally remastered by Timbaland and remixed by Pitbull, released in a cardboard case with an exclusive red chalk and a stencil to learn how to draw Thriller fonts.
:busted:
Man u got me laughing harder than ever b4

Oh, wow! This is GREAT news! Say this along with "Dangerous 25" should pave the way for hopefully a new release in 2018! Perhaps if not another compilation of studio recordings then hopefully a live concert film! I think the first that should be released in theaters and is one that is a compilation of performances from his three solo tours! It could include all sorts of stuff that happened on the tours as well! This would be perfect to the start of more concert films released over time! There is no reason why this should not happen! Shoot! "This Is It" was simply only rehearsals! If they can put "This Is It" out into theaters then there is no question that concert films could be as well!
This is it was not just a rehearsal. It was his final days. It was something way more special than just a rehearsal. I sorely appreciate it because we easily could have not ever seen it

My guess is it is going to be an extended version released of Thriller in 3D.. you know there is footage that was never used in the 14 minute version.. They could easily put together a 20 min + version with archive footage and re release it in 3D.. More convo in the car, longer scenes, and even different angles of footage that is already released..
I hope we get ur prediction...+ the making of

I think they both can work together. John's project could be mostly a remastered, retrospective version of "The Making Of", centered mainly around the short film, while Spike's film documents the entire era from the early recording process through the "Victory Tour" (1981-1984). It's all wishful thinking on my part, but it's a nice dream to have lol.
Yea like when the kid said "i heard your hair got burned off & michael said Yea at the top. Kid goes PEPSI?? & Michael says pepsi did it! I love that!

The day of his return is nigh!
yr7n0u3qzO9nG.gif

You got me killed with this hahahaha

Yeah with all the scrutiny Michael has gotten that would be the SMART thing to do right? fake a death and come back.. Can you say lawsuit city? falsifying documents and hundreds of other legal and public issues him faking a death and coming back would cause!!

As much a I would love for him to come back, he's not.. At some point we have to accept that. He's here with the legacy he left behind.. Michael was never stupid enough to put himself in a 'fake death' situation planning to return. that would be havoc on his life..

Exactly this. I can't believe some fans really brought this up here. It's a shame that we had to discuss and make some fans realize that his death is not faked.

Honestly, I can't even pretend to care about this.

Unless this release includes either unreleased songs/demos or The Making of Thriller in high definition (which would be a gold mine), this is yet another disposable project from the Estate's end that I'll end up skipping.

I know Thriller inside and out by now. 3D doesn't draw me whatsoever.

Shame that this is one of the last projects as well. Here's hoping my expectations are proven wrong.

It's ironic that you came on to tell us that you don't care about it.;D

I don't really care about the 3D but I will definitely buy it if the short film is in HD. Like seen in Moonwalker Blu-Ray.

We don't even know what it is yet, but people are already whining and complaining.

Back