Hot topic Brad Sundberg Seminars: Making Music With Michael Jackson

Re: Brad Sundberg seminars: Making Music With Michael Jackson

EDIT nevermind

Last edited:

I can't be bothered to go through the whole thread so anyone who has been to Brad's seminars, can you please tell me which unreleased songs he has played at these seminars and how they sound? Thanks

I can't be bothered to go through the whole thread so anyone who has been to Brad's seminars, can you please tell me which unreleased songs he has played at these seminars and how they sound? Thanks

Brad's seminars are about how the music on various albums was put together; primarily Bad, Dangerous, History. Brad talks about producers, musicians, studio locations etc. There is also a great section on Neverland, where Brad installed the sound systems in the house and grounds.

I think the above (in detail, over several hours) should be enough for anyone to enjoy, especially with all the personal insight that comes with them. I can recommend these sessions 100%, and have been very lucky to attend on several different days.

Just back from Dublin. Brad's seminars were incredible. Some of the songs he discussed will probably never sound the same to me again. Just fascinating insight.

Just back from Dublin. Brad's seminars were incredible. Some of the songs he discussed will probably never sound the same to me again. Just fascinating insight.

Glad it was so good Chris. Was it well received by everyone? I imagine it was. I was speaking to Megan, the girl that organised it, and she seemed very happy.

Is he as good at speaking as he is at writing? His stories have been absolutely fascinating and brings everything to life so. I love the way he writes.

I'd love just to hang out inside of Westlake.. I'll say the pictures I've seen of the inside look nothing like it on the outside, I've driven to it just to get a view and looked so run down.. Given this was in 2015 not the 80's but still.. lol! I was also trying to figure out which part of the building was the Off The Wall background which from what I remember was just shot outside. I was literally trying to figure it out by the laying of the bricks..

Is he as good at speaking as he is at writing? His stories have been absolutely fascinating and brings everything to life so. I love the way he writes.

Yes, he's a very relaxed and entertaining speaker, and really 'draws you in'. I could listen for hours :) Brad says that he doesn't listen to MJ much outside of these sessions, so when he goes back in to MJ music, he tends to 'delve deep', and all kinds of stories come to the surface. It can get quite emotional...

I attended the Dublin seminars. Please come back soon Brad

Just as a heads up, if anyone's seen Brad's latest video message on facebook, you'll hear a mix of Man In The Mirror that you might not have heard before. I know I didn't! :)

Just as a heads up, if anyone's seen Brad's latest video message on facebook, you'll hear a mix of Man In The Mirror that you might not have heard before. I know I didn't! :)

Where can it be heard? Link?

Just went to Brads seminar in Melbourne, Australia. Fantastic. really informative, Brad is open and honest about everything. Brad stressed that we didnt discuss things in great detail as he receives nasty letters from lawyers from time to time. We heard things we've never heard before and unlikely to ever hear again. Did you know that MJ had a song called "Jane is a groupie"? I didnt until now. Its very interesting. MJ also wanted to make a track featuring Nelson Mandela which had a spoken intro by MJ, the music was all by STOMP and it was a killer beat, sadly no lead vocals recorded. Not saying I heard it but Brad described it very very very well for us ;-)

In regards to the Nelson Mandela / STOMP track, MJ says "Let Us Dream" about 10 times during the spoken intro. One of the lines was "Where survival of the fittest, is replaced by survival of the wisest". Anyone know anything more about this??

Last edited:

Just went to Brads seminar in Melbourne, Australia. Fantastic. really informative, Brad is open and honest about everything. Brad stressed that we didnt discuss things in great detail as he receives nasty letters from lawyers from time to time. We heard things we've never heard before and unlikely to ever hear again. Did you know that MJ had a song called "Jane is a groupie"? I didnt until now. Its very interesting. MJ also wanted to make a track featuring Nelson Mandela which had a spoken intro by MJ, the music was all by STOMP and it was a killer beat, sadly no lead vocals recorded. Not saying I heard it but Brad described it very very very well for us ;-)

You know, I'm glad you were able to go to Brad's Seminar! One day, I hope to be able to go; it actually was in my hometown some time ago but I didn't have the means to go, unfortunately. That's why I enjoy reading other's recollection of their experience there, though I can understand where Brad is coming from. Now, I have heard of this "Jane Is (Not) A Groupie" from another recollection and this is definitely the first time I'm hearing off an MJ/STOMP collaboration!

Are you able to talk about some of the Demos and Early Versions of songs we know and love?

The MJ/Stomp collaboration, from what I know the lead vocals were not recorded, everything else was complete. The beat is fantastic, very fast and powerful. MJ does about a 2min spoken intro where its a very uplifting type speech. Stomps studio session was done at the Hit Factory in NYC and was filmed. MJ says "Let us dream" about 10 times during the spoken intro though I still dont know what the official title of the track is. Hope it helps

Re early versions, there is about a 1hr piece of audio of MJ in the control rom with Bill Bottrell doing a rough demo of GITM, very raw and basic though. Just Bill Bottrell on the guitar. Again, not saying I heard any of it ;-), its just what Brad told us..... Really didnt hear much demos or early versions of songs at the seminar.

Thanks for the information. :)

How long was this particular seminar, actually? Were you also heading to the "Extended Remix"?

Seminars were about 7 hours each day, Yes I attended the extended remix, lots of fun.

If I'm going to spend 7 hours somewhere, Brad's Seminars would be it! How long was the Extended Remix? Did you get to remix any songs and can you tell me what songs were, if any?

Yeah Brad lets you play with some songs and its as if you're mixing the track, he has the multitracks to songs so you can isolate instruments, vocals etc. Lots of fun. I cant tell you which songs, ruins the surprise Mike Fan.

That does sound like fun; I do enjoy doing it with the multitracks and stems I'm come across online. Though, you can go ahead and say it, if you want. I don't mind knowng which songs; it's going to be quite a while before I get to go to one of those seminars, anyway. ;)

I have a feeling Bad was one of them, right?

That does sound like fun; I do enjoy doing it with the multitracks and stems I'm come across online. Though, you can go ahead and say it, if you want. I don't mind knowng which songs; it's going to be quite a while before I get to go to one of those seminars, anyway. ;)

I have a feeling Bad was one of them, right?

You may not mind, but it is a pity to spoil the experience of Brad's events for everyone else who reads here, and who plans to go. Brad works very hard travelling thousands of miles to bring these events to fans (and has a very extensive travel plan this year).. ...so please don't ask for them to be spoiled for everyone else.

You may not mind, but it is a pity to spoil the experience of Brad's events for everyone else who reads here, and who plans to go. Brad works very hard travelling thousands of miles to bring these events to fans (and has a very extensive travel plan this year).. ...so please don't ask for them to be spoiled for everyone else.

I meant no harm, really. :)

^^From reading about it (here and other places) I think everyone's sworn to secrecy on what they hear and see. I must say that all the attendees have done an excellent job of keeping it secret. :)

I remember Brad mentioning in one of his interviews while he was promoting this (I believe it was MJ Cast) that he was starting on a book, I hope he ends up finshing that. His stories are priceless, it would be a wonderful thing to have for Michael's legacy. This tour is great, but it would be nice to have something to keep this magic permanent for future generations to enjoy.

I remember Brad mentioning in one of his interviews while he was promoting this (I believe it was MJ Cast) that he was starting on a book, I hope he ends up finshing that. His stories are priceless, it would be a wonderful thing to have for Michael's legacy. This tour is great, but it would be nice to have something to keep this magic permanent for future generations to enjoy.

Now, that book? I'd definitely read it! I also hope he is able to actually finish it and something tells me it'll be a book that'll be hard to put down! To add to what Coda's saying, who knows how long Brad's going to keep holding these Seminars so by that time, a book form of these Seminars would be great for those who weren't able to experience the Seminars.

My wish? A very thick book or several volumes :) Of course, I'll be happy with whatever Brad does book-wise in the end.

My only complaint about these seminars is that they are massively expensive. The price isn't outlandish by any means, what with the information Brad shares and the cost of the studios he rents and whatnot, but it's still hefty. It's far too expensive for me to be able to afford unfortunately, so any and all information to be shared is welcome!

^^They are expensive and I wouldn't be able to afford it, if they came here either.
BUT a book? I'd stand in line for that. Brad's gifted with words: every single solitary story he's written on Facebook has made me feel like I'm in the room. I hope he writes it soon.

Back