Michael Jackson’s Thriller 3D

Re: John Landis - Top Secret Thriller Project!!!! Coming 2017

^ yup... it's a good what I called earlier 'side' experience.. To watch an epic movie for example on the big screen is something special. But never has It become huge house hold use.. really the only people that bough 3D TVs are people that get excited of latest tech releases and have money to spend on it. It already has faded.. so they try curve TV, 4K TVs. etc.. really the buyer likes high and higher def over 3D on a regular daily use

There must be money in it though. Why would the big studios keep releasing home 3D blurays? Star Wars, Jurassic World, Captain America etc.

Is the assumption that the many other manufacturers will follow suit?

3D is clearly an earner in cinemas. The studios and the multiplexes continue to devote a large chunk of their capacities to the format.

It is my understanding, that none of the big Companys - SONY, SAMSUNG, LG, Philips etc. - will make 3D TV's anymore.

In cinemas it's still a thing with 3D - but not as big as it was I think actually... - But in private homes, it's dead really...

IMO it would really be lit if they released Thriller in cinemas along with the sadly obscure Ghosts.
Not sure how they would go about doing it, but yeah, that would really be great.:yes:

It is my understanding, that none of the big Companys - SONY, SAMSUNG, LG, Philips etc. - will make 3D TV's anymore.

In cinemas it's still a thing with 3D - but not as big as it was I think actually... - But in private homes, it's dead really...

I would actually be delighted if 3D would leave my local multiplex. I've noticed that they are less likely to show as varied a program of films these days as they are devoting several screens to show the same film in multiple formats. However I haven't noticed any considerable drop off in 3D and I'm there virtually every week.

It can't be dead as I said big studios continue to distribute home 3D titles. It must cost them money to put these titles out and they wouldn't be doing so if they weren't still getting a return on it?

They missed the boat on 3D years ago. I'm sure they are planning something different. They are not that dumb I hope

They missed the boat on 3D years ago. I'm sure they are planning something different. They are not that dumb I hope

john Landis said that's what it is, so I guess it's what we get

I personally love 3D.. I own two 3D TVs/bluray players, close to a hundred 3D bluray combo packs and tons of glasses.. I have a passive 3D television set, which means I can use those same lightweight plastic 3D glasses you get at a movie theater on my tv at home (not the big bulky glasses that some have to charge between uses).. I just bought The Jungle Book and The Force Awakens 3D blurays sets last week, and almost any blurays release that comes out that I want to buy, I'll only buy the 3D version.. so for those saying that 3D is no more, speak for your own opinion.. I'm looking forward to this Thriller 3D, even if it's only released on 3D blurays, I'll be ready!

I personally love 3D.. I own two 3D TVs/bluray players, close to a hundred 3D bluray combo packs and tons of glasses.. I have a passive 3D television set, which means I can use those same lightweight plastic 3D glasses you get at a movie theater on my tv at home (not the big bulky glasses that some have to charge between uses).. I just bought The Jungle Book and The Force Awakens 3D blurays sets last week, and almost any blurays release that comes out that I want to buy, I'll only buy the 3D version.. so for those saying that 3D is no more, speak for your own opinion.. I'm looking forward to this Thriller 3D, even if it's only released on 3D blurays, I'll be ready!

I have to echo these sentiments - my 3D television is great. I also have the passive type and find it works just as good as at the cinema - if not better by virtue of the smaller screen.

I must say I own very few 3D titles however and very rarely do I watch them. But it is great when I do haha

I've never seen a 3D television-so I just figured it was a novelty that didn't go over in homes. Do you just watch it on 2D until a 3D movie comes on and it knows what to do? Are there any tv shows in 3D?

I've actually only seen 1 3D movie-I got glaucoma when I was 25, and I read that people with glaucoma have trouble seeing 3D-that movie didn't give me any trouble, but I didn't see it worth the crazy price. (I do have problems watching HD though. :( )

I've never seen a 3D television-so I just figured it was a novelty that didn't go over in homes. Do you just watch it on 2D until a 3D movie comes on and it knows what to do? Are there any tv shows in 3D?

I've actually only seen 1 3D movie-I got glaucoma when I was 25, and I read that people with glaucoma have trouble seeing 3D-that movie didn't give me any trouble, but I didn't see it worth the crazy price. (I do have problems watching HD though. :( )

Directv had a few 3D tv channels at one point.. not sure if they still do since I no longer use their satellite services.. whenever I use 3D on my tv, it senses the image and makes the change for me. To be honest, I don't use the 3D feature as much as I thought I would when I first purchased my tv back in 2012, but when I do (usually when we watch movies, especially first views of new flicks) it is great!! Can't wait for Thriller 3D bluray!

Most 3D tvs will upscale any 2D picture to 3D but the effect isn't quite as good as when it's being broadcast in actual 3D. A 2D TV channel isn't capable of showing a 3D movie. There are 3D TV channels - though I understand many have been discontinued since.

You can buy 3D blurays but those require a 3D bluray player as well.

https://www.cnet.com/news/3d-tv-is-now-more-dead-than-ever/

3D movies continue to be released in theaters, and 3D Blu-ray discs will likely be sold for a few more years, so owners of current 3D TVs still have some use for those glasses. Streaming services like Netflix, Amazon and Vudu still offer a few titles too, but they can be difficult to find, and the new 4K Blu-ray disc format contains no provisions for 3D support at all.

I don't see 3D as the future. It never was really. I have seen very few movies where I actually thought the 3D added something to the movie - depth. But most the time I don't like it and it takes away focus from the movie. You always have to get things coming right at you. And the things never looks solid, so it's just annoying really. Jurassic Park was one I didn't like the 3D version very much - saw it in IMAX 3D - and then afterwards in a normal cinema 2D - and that was much better IMO.
So I will not miss 3D if they stop making it to private homes. I just hope VR will not be the new thing - imagine how much of a movie you could miss if you could actually by accident maybe look in the wrong direction and miss important scenes... :lol:

https://www.cnet.com/news/3d-tv-is-now-more-dead-than-ever/

I don't see 3D as the future. It never was really. I have seen very few movies where I actually thought the 3D added something to the movie - depth. But most the time I don't like it and it takes away focus from the movie. You always have to get things coming right at you. And the things never looks solid, so it's just annoying really. Jurassic Park was one I didn't like the 3D version very much - saw it in IMAX 3D - and then afterwards in a normal cinema 2D - and that was much better IMO.
So I will not miss 3D if they stop making it to private homes. I just hope VR will not be the new thing - imagine how much of a movie you could miss if you could actually by accident maybe look in the wrong direction and miss important scenes... :lol:

The new Jungle Book movie looked gorgeous in 3D.

I also thought Tron: Legacy in IMAX 3D was a real experience. Not only for the fact that it was filmed with state of the art IMAX cameras (in part) but the film only became 3D when the main character entered the digital world. Although audience members were advised to keep their 3D glasses on throughout the film, I chose only to put mine on at the correct place in the movie and it became almost an interactive experience. It's a shame not that many people engaged with Tron: Legacy.

But I would agree, bar the odd exception, 3D adds very little to big screen films.

I'm confident that John Landis and the Estate will do a good job with Thriller this year. I know it's nothing new, but maybe we can have more rehearsals, more behind the scene, more of the old Michael. And young kids will surely appreciate.

Ele74

Theres always footage of every era that can be released.. so much we have not seen!! definitely enough to satisfy the fan base at lease through our lifetime!

I'm going to be honest, John Landis' comments about Michael aside, I'm pretty excited about this because of the 'new' ending because it's hopefully unseen footage of Michael.:D

I Hope it will be a 3D Concert, maybe HIStory prague and before or in the middle as a Special the Thriller Video in 3D! Would be Perfect. By the way, was the history Tour live? In the tv it Sounds like playback...

^ No I don't think Thriller 3D will be a History concert lol

I Hope it will be a 3D Concert, maybe HIStory prague and before or in the middle as a Special the Thriller Video in 3D! Would be Perfect. By the way, was the history Tour live? In the tv it Sounds like playback...

I can see you are a new member, welcome very much.

No this will not be a HIStory concert release, it will be a Thriller 3D release somehow.

HIStory was mainly play-back - only WBSS and J5 medley was live. - And then some adlibs in the end of songs.

I can see you are a new member, welcome very much.

No this will not be a HIStory concert release, it will be a Thriller 3D release somehow.

HIStory was mainly play-back - only WBSS and J5 medley was live. - And then some adlibs in the end of songs.

For me the HIStory Tour is something Special, i liked the Show very much. Thats why i wish there will be a official release and hopefully 3D. Why i Talk about a concert in 3D is that Thriller is only 15 Minutes Long...
So they can combine two things...and jackson Fans have a Movie experience. Maybe a Short Film Collection on blu ray with Thriller in 3D?

Im looking forward...i like 3D :)

has there been any news on this in the last bit?

idk about this "new thriller ending" mess. hmm

I've never been a 3D fan. It always gave me a headache. I'm not interested in Thriller 3D at all.

Back