Slash on Michael and Dangerous - Ronnie Wood show

Thank you :)

It was nice, it starts at 2:55
They talk about Give in to me, (I just looooove that song so much! :wub:)
and how MJ had this crazy energy onstage, etc.

I love how Ronnie Wood moves to the rhythm when they play Give In To Me (at 4:30). He's such a tough rocker but he can't help it ;)

Slash thinks the album title was 'Black Or White" :p
lol At first, then they correct him :D

I love how Ronnie Wood moves to the rhythm when they play Give In To Me (at 4:30). He's such a tough rocker but he can't help it ;)

Yes, he can't help it. But in my humble opinion, GITM it's a rock, kinda grunge/metal song anyway :D

VIDEO: Slash listening to and talking about Give In To Me on The Ronnie Wood Show

The Ronnie Wood show airs on Sky Arts in the UK, and the latest episode that aired yesterday (13th April), had Slash as the guest. During the show Ronnie and Slash listened to Give In To Me and then chatted about it and Michael for a bit. Plenty of positivity! For those that don't know, Ronnie Wood has been one of the guitarists for The Rolling Stones since 1975. He was also in various other rock bands during the '60s.

Watch the video from 2mins 55seconds onwards:

earthlyme;3624088 said:
Darn it! Cant watch it in my country… :(

Really? That's odd, you should be able to watch a youtube video anywhere in the world. What country are you from?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: VIDEO: Slash listening to and talking about Give In To Me on The Ronnie Wood Show

Great video.

:lol: He wasn't sure of the album name the song was on. - Dangerous! :)

He says MJ dated Brooke Shileds when they worked together...?

Thanks for sharing the video.

earthlyme;3624088 said:
Darn it! Cant watch it in my country… :(

earthlyme;3624099 said:
Hey Dmehta, I'm in the US and for some reason it's blocked… :/

EDIT: It's soo weird, I can watch Part one of the interview but cant watch part 2… smh WHATS going on America???

The vids areuploaded from 2 different countries - you need to find a vid uploaded in USA ..
I have so many of my vids I upload blocked in germany they are the wost for copy right laws. each country is different .

Thank you, I loved it. Slash has always been so respectful towards Michael, and I love him for that.

earthlyme;3624099 said:
Hey Dmehta, I'm in the US and for some reason it's blocked… :/

EDIT: It's soo weird, I can watch Part one of the interview but cant watch part 2… smh WHATS going on America???

I think I know why. In that video they play a clip of one of Slash's new songs. And it's been blocked by EMI in the US for that reason.

I'll try and upload just the Michael Jackson section.

EDIT: after uploading just the Michael section it seems that the problem is the use of Give In To Me, which is being blocked in the United States for some reason.

2nd EDIT: The video may now be viewable in the United States, at least temporarily:

[video=youtube;ObsDM-fO3mY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObsDM-fO3mY[/video]

Last edited:
What does Ronnie Wood think of Michael? I am curious what he and Mick Jagger think. I don't think I have heard them talk about Michael.

What does Ronnie Wood think of Michael? I am curious what he and Mick Jagger think. I don't think I have heard them talk about Michael.

Well in the video with Slash, Ronnie called him "harmless", which was nice to hear.

Didnt slash once say something mean bout mj once that got alot of fans upset?

Re: VIDEO: Slash listening to and talking about Give In To Me on The Ronnie Wood Show

I think I know why. In that video they play a clip of one of Slash's new songs. And it's been blocked by EMI in the US for that reason.

EDIT: after uploading just the Michael section it seems that the problem is the use of Give In To Me, which is being blocked in the United States for some reason.

2nd EDIT: The video may now be viewable in the United States, at least temporarily:

Yes, it's working now. Thanks so much for giving us U.S. folks the heads up.:D

It's nice to hear Slash talking about MJ and how cool he thought he was. He said he hadn't heard that song in years. I'll bet it brought back memories for him. He seems fond of Michael, And Ronnie Wood was cool too.

Didnt slash once say something mean bout mj once that got alot of fans upset?

No, I don't think he ever said anything 'mean' against Michael. He did slip up once and called the guitar riff in Black or White gay. And what I think he meant by that is that the riff was just too 'happy' for him to have done. I never took it as Slash insulting Michael though. Slash has always seemed respectful and kind towards Michael. Now if you want to talk about rockers being mean towards Michael... that would be Gene Simmons and Nikki Sixx. Those guys suck!

But, he did backpeddle later on (LOL) and said he didn't mean to say that. See: http://www.spinner.com/2010/03/15/slash-rethinks-gay-comment-on-michael-jackson-guitar-riff/

No, I don't think he ever said anything 'mean' against Michael. He did slip up once and called the guitar riff in Black or White gay. And what I think he meant by that is that the riff was just too 'happy' for him to have done. I never took it as Slash insulting Michael though. Slash has always seemed respectful and kind towards Michael. Now if you want to talk about rockers being mean towards Michael... that would be Gene Simmons and Nikki Sixx. Those guys suck!

But, he did backpeddle later on (LOL) and said he didn't mean to say that. See: http://www.spinner.com/2010/03/15/slash-rethinks-gay-comment-on-michael-jackson-guitar-riff/

Hey I didn't know that he regret that comment later, thanks for that info :D

Now, with benefit of hindsight, Slash tells Spinner he may have been a bit hasty with his colloquial insult.

"I thought about that afterward 'cause really that just came right out... now I think it sounded a bit too derogatory," Slash says. "What I really meant was that the sound of the guitar is very happy. It just doesn't sound like me, anyone would know that. It's not the guitar sound you would expect from me, but somehow I got pigeonholed as the guy who played on that song."
Loooool

Well, it seems like Ronnie here in this video is enjoying GITM, and yes, he said MJ is harmless.
:)

:wild:

You are Wonderful! Thankyou soooo MUCH!!!! :D

L.o.v.e.
Romi

I get goosebumps every time when I hear GITM. Fantastic hard rock ballad and Slash playing guitar is just match made in heaven.

Seems that many rockers are secret fans of Michael as his name came out in another Ronnie Weed episode:)
Michael Jackson crops up in conversation, and Ronson muses: “You listen to some of those classic Michael Jackson vocals from when he was, like, 13 and he’s singing this love song like he’s lived a thousand lives and broken a thousand hearts and you’re like, ‘You’re 16, how the hell do you sound like this?’”
http://skyarts.sky.com/the-ronnie-wood-show/episode-3-mark-ronson

another
Ronnie and Toots take hold of their guitars once more to jam along to Lowell Fulson’s Reconsider Baby, before listening to Thriller by Michael Jackson and playing us out with one of Ronnie’s favourite Toots Hibbert songs, Pressure Drop.
http://skyarts.sky.com/the-ronnie-wood-show/episode-9-toots-hibbert

I think Slash was very good friend of Michael's, and he wanted to work with him, but he thought Michael was too busy with 02:-(
This is what he said after MJ died:
Slash Planned Jackson Duet

Rocker SLASH was lining up MICHAEL JACKSON to feature on his solo album when the singer suffered a fatal cardiac arrest.
The former Guns N' Roses star previously teamed up with the King of Pop to record guitar solos on a handful of his tracks - and he regrets not asking Jackson to return the favour by singing on his first solo project.
Jackson died on 25 June (09) - just days before he was due to launch his This Is It comeback shows in London.
Slash says, "When I was thinking about who I wanted to work with, Michael crossed my mind. I thought about doing something that would see him totally cross over into rock.
"But it was around this time last year and he was flat-out rehearsing for the London O2 gigs so in the back of my mind I thought, 'He's not going to have the time.' It's hard to believe he's gone."
And Slash admits he is still angry about how the superstar was treated by the public after his child molestation scandal - despite his acquittal at a 2005 trial.
He adds, "There was this whole eight or nine-year period in the States where he was cast out. I like to believe he was innocent of the stuff he was accused of. He was acquitted and yet he was totally ostracised. Then he died and you had people crying in the streets. Bulls**t. It really hasn't hit home that he's gone yet."

I personally would have loved to see the bolded part.

Oh ok thanks cuz i got the impression long ago that slash did say something really mean bout mj from someone

Bubs;3624569 said:
I get goosebumps every time when I hear GITM. Fantastic hard rock ballad and Slash playing guitar is just match made in heaven.

Seems that many rockers are secret fans of Michael as his name came out in another Ronnie Weed episode:)
Michael Jackson crops up in conversation, and Ronson muses: “You listen to some of those classic Michael Jackson vocals from when he was, like, 13 and he’s singing this love song like he’s lived a thousand lives and broken a thousand hearts and you’re like, ‘You’re 16, how the hell do you sound like this?’”
http://skyarts.sky.com/the-ronnie-wood-show/episode-3-mark-ronson

another
Ronnie and Toots take hold of their guitars once more to jam along to Lowell Fulson’s Reconsider Baby, before listening to Thriller by Michael Jackson and playing us out with one of Ronnie’s favourite Toots Hibbert songs, Pressure Drop.
http://skyarts.sky.com/the-ronnie-wood-show/episode-9-toots-hibbert

I think Slash was very good friend of Michael's, and he wanted to work with him, but he thought Michael was too busy with 02:-(
This is what he said after MJ died:
Slash Planned Jackson Duet

Rocker SLASH was lining up MICHAEL JACKSON to feature on his solo album when the singer suffered a fatal cardiac arrest.
The former Guns N' Roses star previously teamed up with the King of Pop to record guitar solos on a handful of his tracks - and he regrets not asking Jackson to return the favour by singing on his first solo project.
Jackson died on 25 June (09) - just days before he was due to launch his This Is It comeback shows in London.
Slash says, "When I was thinking about who I wanted to work with, Michael crossed my mind. I thought about doing something that would see him totally cross over into rock.
"But it was around this time last year and he was flat-out rehearsing for the London O2 gigs so in the back of my mind I thought, 'He's not going to have the time.' It's hard to believe he's gone."
And Slash admits he is still angry about how the superstar was treated by the public after his child molestation scandal - despite his acquittal at a 2005 trial.
He adds, "There was this whole eight or nine-year period in the States where he was cast out. I like to believe he was innocent of the stuff he was accused of. He was acquitted and yet he was totally ostracised. Then he died and you had people crying in the streets. Bulls**t. It really hasn't hit home that he's gone yet."

I personally would have loved to see the bolded part.

I love this quote from above... “You listen to some of those classic Michael Jackson vocals from when he was, like, 13 and he’s singing this love song like he’s lived a thousand lives and broken a thousand hearts and you’re like, ‘You’re 16, how the hell do you sound like this?’”

Also, I had forgotten about Slash being upset about how everything was happening after Michael died. He's right. :(

And I totally agree with you about Michael crossing over into rock! Ugh... just the thought of what he could have done with it. He could really rock it out!!:punk: Unfortunately, we will never know now.

Thanks for all the info you posted!:yes:

I am still mad too how Michael was treated by the media and the public. It was beyond terrible and that's why I wonder when people talk about Michael who is being sincere or not. He sounds sincere here. It's hard sometimes that is why I wondered about Ron Wood too.

Back