Casio tracks

I'm bored of this now.

I think Michael made music/wrote songs whilst with his friends of 25 years and they didn't lie to make themselves a few dollars. Some of you don't agree.

That's it. Nothing else worth saying.
Yeah because that NEVER happened to Michael Jackson! Give me a break! Do yourself a favour and do the research!

Only person who's been thrown under a bus is Michael Jackson and his legacy.

Honestly, whenever I see someone on here saying the consensus is "split" it kinda annoys me. It isn't "split". There's like 4 people on here that think they're real. I could go into all the things that prove to me that they're fake, trust me, there's a lot of stuff that just isn't right and wouldn't happen if those tracks were real. It's in the threads on here and I'll never understand why people won't read up on this stuff if they're going to hold an opinion on it.
I never said I was referring to only the fans on this website. People have been indecisive all over the place, ever since the first allegations of forgery.

Fan consensus seems to be 90/10 in favor of "they're fake". Collaborator consensus (i.e., the people who worked or knew Michael) is more along the lines of 95/5; the only vocal supporter I can name is John Branca.

Critical consensus is harder to pinpoint. Almost every review I came across at best simply acknowledged that the controversy was a thing, but didn't offer any opinion as to whether or not the vocals sounded questionable. However, the Cascio tracks were more often than not dismissed as the worst songs on the album, particularly "Monster".

(Not that this has anything to do with the controversy. Just something worth acknowledging.)

Well, I just wonder how much of the pro-fake consensus is made of people who bothered listening to the tracks objectively, instead of quoting each other like nutcases obsessed with "peer review". Contrary to popular belief, something can be agreed upon by a majority in terms of ideas, and still be false in the end. Like I said previously, only God, Michael, and Eddie know the whole truth; its up to Eddie whether that's ultimately revealed. I doubt even the Estate knows the full extent of it.

I can't believe what I'm reading here. How can anyone seriously listen to those 3 songs (I haven't heard the others as I don't care enough to do so) and honestly believe it's Michael singing? Bottom line - it doesn't sound remotely like MJ...what more fact do you need? It's an insult they were even put out on a release. I hope the truth is laid bare someday as it seems it needs to be written in black and white for some to believe it. If you can honestly read through the information that's been gathered on these tracks and still have no doubt it's Michael then I am happy for you, really I am. But the discussion ends there as these songs were game over in my mind the first time I heard the first couple of lines, it is THAT obvious. I'm not normally this closed minded on discussion like this but this is a topic I can't even consider an alternate conclusion on, it's not Michael. Lol.

This is a collossal mistake for all involved in putting this album out and is unheard of for any other artist ever. The fact that this was part of Michael Jackson's posthumous release is beyond embarrassing. I would rather pretend this sorry mess never happened, I don't enjoy 'debating' this topic as it's downright depressing. Can't imagine what Michael would think of it all.

Yeah because that NEVER happened to Michael Jackson! Give me a break! Do yourself a favour and do the research!

Keep your head up to the sky, man!

Yeah, there's so much info that has came out over the years, too much to just pass it off assumptions or rumours. That's why I've been saying people should research this stuff before making their final judgement. I think it's clear this user doesn't want to find any information that may change their viewpoint. Closed minded indeed. If you haven't listened to the other tracks and you still think they're real then I can't really take you seriously.

Take one example, David Bowie's voice changed over his career. Never once would you question who was singing. Elton John's changed very much from the late 80's onwards. Again, it's always unmistakable when he sings.

Michael Jackson had a more distinctive voice than BOTH of them, and we are supposed to believe that he sounded different for a while because of some PVC piping or whatever? Wool over eyes, hands over ears syndrome. It's clear whoever thinks Michael Jackson is singing these songs will not change their minds because of a post they read on MJJC, but the burden of proof lies with the case that it is him singing. The reasons for this being the case have all been, quite simply, laughable and far fetched.

I'm also certain we will all be kept in this loop of never ending re-occurring threads until we die. Its an embarrassment. An absolute embarrassment. You wont find threads like this on a Prince, Bowie, Whitney or Freddie forum.

Take one example, David Bowie's voice changed over his career. Never once would you question who was singing. Elton John's changed very much from the late 80's onwards. Again, it's always unmistakable when he sings.

Michael Jackson had a more distinctive voice than BOTH of them, and we are supposed to believe that he sounded different for a while because of some PVC piping or whatever? Wool over eyes, hands over ears syndrome. It's clear whoever thinks Michael Jackson is singing these songs will not change their minds because of a post they read on MJJC, but the burden of proof lies with the case that it is him singing. The reasons for this being the case have all been, quite simply, laughable and far fetched.

I'm also certain we will all be kept in this loop of never ending re-occurring threads until we die. Its an embarrassment. An absolute embarrassment. You wont find threads like this on a Prince, Bowie, Whitney or Freddie forum.

Exactly, he deserved so much more!

Six years later and we're no closer to the truth than we were in 2010. Terrible.

I'm not sure where the Serova v. Estate/Cascio/Porte lawsuit stands, but I hope it reaches trial. Never mind who the winner would be -- it would ultimately bring some sort of finality to this entire situation. Doubtful that it would definitively answer whether or not the vocals are authentic, but it would at the very least either clear Cascio's name or dig his hole even deeper.

It is not Michael on those tracks. Keep your head up doesn't even sound like him. When you've been listening to Michael your entire life, it's as clear as day.

AlwaysThere - I'll take your challenge, can you provide one of those documents for many unreleased material? Because up to the point through Michaels life (I am not saying I believe Cascio tracks are Michael) but IF they were - could have stayed unreleased forever for all we know. Id say there are plenty of undocumented songs that we've heard about that we've never seen anything for.. I promise you there are songs we don't even know about now.. Did we know about This Is It before the movie?

AlwaysThere - I'll take your challenge, can you provide one of those documents for many unreleased material? Because up to the point through Michaels life (I am not saying I believe Cascio tracks are Michael) but IF they were - could have stayed unreleased forever for all we know. Id say there are plenty of undocumented songs that we've heard about that we've never seen anything for.. I promise you there are songs we don't even know about now.. Did we know about This Is It before the movie?

You misunderstand what I meant. There certainly are a plethora of songs that we still don't know exist. We learn more and more on almost an annual basis. But for almost every song that has been released, there is some sort of evidence that directly links it to him in some way.

If you asked me for proof that Michael ever worked on "Best of Joy" or "Much Too Soon," I could point you to studio session notes or lyric sheets in Michael's unmistakable and inimitable handwriting. If you asked the same for "Beautiful Girl," I could point you to footage of Michael listening to it with Brad Buxer, Geraldo Rivera, and Michael Prince in a Los Angeles recording studio. If you asked the same for "In the Back," I could acknowledge the simple fact that it was released during Michael's lifetime. Every song has some sort of link, whether its handwritten notes, video footage, audio of Michael in the studio discussing the song with someone, or a multitude of reliable witnesses who can attest to its legitimacy.

If you asked me that for "Breaking News," "Monster" or "Keep Your Head Up," I can give you absolutely nothing. That's where the confusion settles: they're the only songs in Michael's catalog that no one can prove are real.

^ My point was (if I am giving these tracks the benefit of the doubt) just for argument sake.. If these were tracks Michael abandoned and never planned releasing - that would be a viable reason why notes and documents are not in possession by the Cascios.

I'm not saying I believe it's MJ but If Michael were to record stuff In my home I can't say I'd have documents to prove it.. I mean it's a home studio, no log in for studio sessions etc.. I mean I'd trip out and rec every moment If he were ok with it but that's the fan out of me.

And didn't Eddie claim he just deleted every file documenting the work process (different versions, outtakes etc) because MJ requested that because supposedly that was his modus operand? Problem is that was NEVER MJ's modus operandi. We still have the demos, outtakes, different versions to many of his songs, I have never heard anyone else claim that deleting work files was his MO. Then wasn't there a claim about all data being lost because of a broken hard drive? It's a bit too convenient that it is exactly for these songs that someone would need all kind of - pretty hard to believe - excuses like that.

Yeah, first they were deleted because MJ loved them so much, then the hard drive was broken. LOL. Pretty sure birchey said that the same hard drive had never even been used when it was analysed.

And didn't Eddie claim he just deleted every file documenting the work process (different versions, outtakes etc) because MJ requested that because supposedly that was his modus operand? Problem is that was NEVER MJ's modus operandi. We still have the demos, outtakes, different versions to many of his songs, I have never heard anyone else claim that deleting work files was his MO. Then wasn't there a claim about all data being lost because of a broken hard drive? It's a bit too convenient that it is exactly for these songs that someone would need all kind of - pretty hard to believe - excuses like that.
Dont forget the piping. The PVC piping is the key.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Releasing these songs was the worst thing the Estate ever did. Where were their heads at??? I guess the thing that baffles me the most was, why was it so important, so crucial, that these songs be included on the album? That space could have been filled with I Am a Loser, or People of the World. Those songs deserve to be on an album and likely won't, judging from Branca's recent remarks.

I have to say, a part of me is embarrassed that I own that album. When Breaking News first came out, I tried to deny the possibility that I was hearing someone else's vocals, but it was too obvious when the album was released and I listened to the whole thing.

I really hope that something comes of the lawsuit, so the issue can be put to bed once and for all.

^ whatever is thought of the cascio tracks, that album still has good MJ music! no reason to be embarrassed. 70% of the album is NON Cascio tracks.

^ whatever is thought of the cascio tracks, that album still has good MJ music! no reason to be embarrassed. 70% of the album is NON Cascio tracks.
Its too big to ignore that this was allowed happen to Michaels legacy. It's unheard of, completely disrespectful and downright embarrassing.

The other songs are good, but the Michael album in my eyes pissed all over the blood, sweat and tears the man gave to master his craft in order to give the very best when it came to his work and how he worked.

As far as I'm concerned they may as well have used Bruce Springsteen. He doesn't sound like Michael Jackson, and either does whoever is singing those piss poor cash grabs.

Its too big to ignore that this was allowed happen to Michaels legacy. It's unheard of, completely disrespectful and downright embarrassing.

The other songs are good, but the Michael album in my eyes pissed all over the blood, sweat and tears the man gave to master his craft in order to give the very best when it came to his work and how he worked.

As far as I'm concerned they may as well have used Bruce Springsteen. He doesn't sound like Michael Jackson, and either does whoever is singing those piss poor cash grabs.
MTE.
Cosigned, liked, and would pos rep if I could (I apparently pos repped you to recently to do it again).
I enjoy the rest of the album, but I will forever side eye those songs and the estate for releasing them to the public.

Yes, I will never understand how some fans shrug as if it is nothing. It's the most disrespectful thing anyone can do to an artist's legacy. And totally unprecedented like you said. If Milli Vanili was a huge scandal this should be 10 times as big.

If there was a controversy around the songs even before their release - and there was acc. to Tarryll - then they should have put them aside and replace them with other songs for the album until the issue was resolved. But no, they got greedy and had to push ahead and totally disregarded those concerns.

I am not an Estate hater but this was beyond disrespectful to the artist they represent.

Yes, most of the people that heard them either couldn't confidently say they were MJ or thought they were outright fake. Teddy Riley only worked on them in hopes he would receive a real MJ song to work on. Sad indeed.

That's the only consolation.

^ My point was (if I am giving these tracks the benefit of the doubt) just for argument sake.. If these were tracks Michael abandoned and never planned releasing - that would be a viable reason why notes and documents are not in possession by the Cascios.

I'm not saying I believe it's MJ but If Michael were to record stuff In my home I can't say I'd have documents to prove it.. I mean it's a home studio, no log in for studio sessions etc.. I mean I'd trip out and rec every moment If he were ok with it but that's the fan out of me.

Seems a little far fetched for my liking. I can see your point of view, but it's just hard to grasp.

They wrote and recorded with Michael Jackson and kept NOTHING? I can believe that some things would get misplaced over the three year interval, but not a single lyric sheet or studio session note exists? They didn't take any photographs or videos? They didn't backup the multitracks to another hard drive -- not that that would matter any, because Michael was so impressed with his vocal that he insisted all vocal outtakes be deleted. (It wouldn't make much sense for Michael to hold his performance to such a high standard if Teddy Riley insisted they needed Melodyne though, right?) Or didn't Eddie wipe the hard drive to clear up space? He's quite inconsistent with his stories; I can't be sure.

There are too many conveniences at play.

Back