Poll thiller25 or bad25

Would you like thriller25 or bad25 better

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They should have done something with the Price Of Fame Pepsi promo that leaked soon after. Also the alternative cut for Dirty Diana and the extra footage for The Way You Make Me Feel. Should have stuck them on a disc with all the short films and made montage videos for Just Good Friends and I Just Can't Stop Loving You using studio footage that was in the Spike Lee doc. I'm not complaining though. Bad25 was a massive step up and brilliant release.

I very vaguely remember that PoF Pepsi commercial. Was it actually legit or fan-made? I think I remember wondering that at the time.

Hi everyone, I am new here.

I voted for Bad25! Streetwalker and Price of Fame are my faves. I listened to Thriller25 when it first came out, yet it did not appeal to me the way Bad25 did. Bad25, I can listen to it on the loop. :chillin: :chillin::chillin:

I found an article before where his bodyguards (if they were to be believed) said that Michael was against the Thriller25 release, yet Sony convinced him that it'd be a great idea and MJ needs it.

https://www.pastemagazine.com/artic...ael-jackson-would-have-felt-about-xscape.html

ETA exact quote:

We were with Mr. Jackson during the time he was working on the remixes for the 25th anniversary release of Thriller. Those remixes were Sony’s idea, not his. We’d hear him on the phone all the time, arguing with his manager about not wanting to do them. Whenever the subject of the remixes came up, he’d say, “There are some things you should never touch.” We must have heard him say it a dozen times. As far as he was concerned, that album was perfect. You don’t go back and add hip-hop beats to Thriller. It’s a classic, and you don’t touch it. But Sony told him he had to. They told him he had to get in the studio and do these remixes to make himself new and hip again.

Last edited:
Bad 25. No question.

Thriller 25 had those five horrible remixes (especially "Billie Jean 2008"), an unreleased demo which is a good song but it wasn't even recorded during the Thriller era. The bonus DVD was probably the best part, but not even that offered a lot. Just the three videos and the Motown 25 performance of "Billie Jean". No Making of Thriller, no documentary about Thriller 25. It honestly didn't even feel like a real Thriller 25th anniversary release. It felt more like an attempt to make quick money, but knowing Michael's financial situation at the time, I don't really blame him. Plus, Sony was involved. Though I think he would have been better off releasing "For All Time" as its own single, something to slowly set up his comeback.

With Bad 25 however, you're getting SIX unreleased demos and the Wembley 7/6/88 concert on DVD (with two bonus performances: "The Way You Make Me Feel" from 7/15/88 at Wembley and "I Just Can't Stop Loving You" & "Bad" from Yokohama 1987). I do wish though they included Spike Lee's Bad 25 documentary and the DVD of Bad-era music videos that was included on the Target version of Bad 25, but it's really not a big deal. Honestly, the two remixes of "Bad" are my only problem with this release. My god, those were absolutely horrible. However, I didn't mind the "Speed Demon" remix. I actually thought it was pretty good.

Well said. Especially agree with the bolded. That documentary was amazing imo.

Bad 25. I wore out the Wembley concert DVD. Adding to that, some of the new songs were really enjoyable.

Even Quincy didn't like the Pitull remix

The legendary music producer is suing executives at Sony Entertainment and MJJ Productions, who own the rights to Jackson's music since his death in 2009.
Jones claims he is owed at least £23 million due to a breach of contract after he believed songs were re-edited to cut him out of royalties and a producer fee. Hits such as Billie Jean, Thriller and Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough, have all been cited in the trial.

On Friday (14July17) at Los Angeles Superior Court, Michael Fremer, editor of AnalogPlanet.com, was called to the stand in Jones’ defence.
The music expert suggested that the producer's reputation had been diminished due to the inferior quality of remixes that had been released since Jackson’s death, which included Afrojack's 2012 version of Bad featuring Pitbull.

"I like club mixes (but Afrojack's 2012 remix of Jackson's Bad, featuring Pit-bull is inconsistent with his spirit and who he was,” Fremer told the court.
"Before the trial I did some research and the comments online were really negative about that song. People were outraged. It was just a mess and it should have never come out," he told Billboard after his court appearance.

The Los Angeles Superior Court judge who presided over the trial hearing, Michael L. Stern, did not consider this strong enough evidence in the case and asked jurors to disregard Fremer's statement.

It is expected that a verdict will be reached by the end of next week.

http://www.star-magazine.co.uk/cele...bull-remix-of-michael-jacksons-bad-criticised

I very vaguely remember that PoF Pepsi commercial. Was it actually legit or fan-made? I think I remember wondering that at the time.
I believe it's legit. Even the lyrics incorporate "the Pepsi generation" and the visuals work well with the song; being chased by fans; the price of fame.

Why is the poll closed already? It is only July 19th here. Should be open at least a few months. 8 days is just impatienza.

My choice is Bad25, great unreleased tracks, although Spanish and Frensh Can't stop loving you are un necessary same with pitbull remixes. All shit hoppers, rappers, remixers and so called Producers with wrap around shades and who say "Yo yo yo" and use autotune should be banned from any album over 10 years old or not their own style (Shit hop and crap rap).

Thriller 25 was a travesty down to Damye, Black Eyed Peas members (Who even remembers or cares about these IQ 1 meatheads) and Akon. That album was massacred, not one thing on that remix disk was decent, except Fly Away (Almost certainly Dangerous era) and For all Time.

RE: Sony convincing Michael to release Thriller

I really hope that wasn't true. I absolutely hate when artists are pressured to do something.
Thanks for sharing this. I'm looking at Thriller25 a little differently now :(

Thriller 25 for me was all about the dvd, and it being the first time that all of those clips appeared in their entirety in one place. That fact that it was the standard release and not part of extra packages made it even better :)

The thing is though it wouldn't have made sense to have just dumped a whole load of unreleased tracks/demos from that time on Thriller 25, that Michael may have considered updating/redoing at some point and eventually even releasing, as he had done with previous songs in the past. It's easy to just dump them on a CD when the artist is dead though (although some of the more completed tracks would have fared well on an Xscape-type album).
Also, Thriller didn't have a tour as Bad did and Victory might have brought up some legal dispute with the Jacksons as we keep hearing as an excuse for why an official concert hasn't been released yet. But I don't know what the legal situation was exactly back then or if there even would have been any problems. Not to mention the title track isn't even performed on that tour. And I doubt it would have been up to Michael to film a documentary on the album.

At the time it came out, I thought "Thriller 25" was really exciting...but I soon realized it was little more than a remix album with only one new song. While I love "For All Time" very much, a single addition isn't enough to warrant a whole new release for me.

By comparison, "Bad 25" had a lot more to offer. We got eight new songs, a couple of different language versions of "I Just Can't Stop Loving You", a release of Michael's 1988 concert from Wembley Stadium, and Spike Lee's documentary. Those who bought the album at Target stores also got an exclusive DVD of all the album's videos, though "Bad" and "Smooth Criminal" were shortened.

Back