This Is It, was that really Michael Jackson?

Sure. I have been a devoted fan for over 35 years now. Over those years I have heard so many different theories/ideas/stories about Michael. For example, he didn't want to be black, he wanted to be white, he had a sex change, him and Janet were the same person, he really quit the industry after Thriller and had a stand in after that etc. And ofcourse the most recent well known theory is that he faked his own death. These are just a few. Nothing surprises me anymore when it comes to fantastical stories surrounding Michael. The more far fetched the better it has seemed. To be honest I am never shocked by any of the stories I hear about Michael anymore!

I have heard some crazy stuff too like the aliens took him back to their planet and he has a clone on earth now. Also that he died years ago and we have been watching a clone for years. I know these are crazy stories and I obviously don't believe them but some stuff isn't so far fetched and so I have some doubts. I'm glad you're with me on this one. Newbies rule lol

Yes it was him...

There would be times when a dancer or someone would serve as a stand-in for technical rehearsals (for lighting/having the dancers act off of a person/etc), but those weren't in the movie...

Sure. I have been a devoted fan for over 35 years now. Over those years I have heard so many different theories/ideas/stories about Michael. For example, he didn't want to be black, he wanted to be white, he had a sex change, him and Janet were the same person, he really quit the industry after Thriller and had a stand in after that etc. And ofcourse the most recent well known theory is that he faked his own death. These are just a few. Nothing surprises me anymore when it comes to fantastical stories surrounding Michael. The more far fetched the better it has seemed. To be honest I am never shocked by any of the stories I hear about Michael anymore!

All those rumours that you just mentioned are ridiculous and sorry, but if anyone seriously questions if it was really Michael in This is It because of any of the above then I simply have no words.

People like to speculate, but refuse to accept simple truths because apparently the truth is boring.

All those rumours that you just mentioned are ridiculous and sorry, but if anyone seriously questions if it was really Michael in This is It because of any of the above then I simply have no words.

People like to speculate, but refuse to accept simple truths because apparently the truth is boring.

Of course they are ridiculous which illustrates my point. Nothing is out of bounds when it comes to Michael it seems.

I wonder if they are planning to release more rehearsal footage of different songs or different dates of rehearsals

I wonder if they are planning to release more rehearsal footage of different songs or different dates of rehearsals
They did say they was hours of footage not used so I really hope they do. Wasn't there a mention of there being a second one?

There should be rehearsal footage of songs that are not that "popular" which have probably gained some momentum since his death/the TII movie... they could now show those. I would love to see him perform Stranger in Moscow, You Rock My World, Dangerous, and Dirty Diana.

They did say they was hours of footage not used so I really hope they do. Wasn't there a mention of there being a second one?

I believe there are plans for an anniversary edition (10th) in 2019 maybe?

There should be rehearsal footage of songs that are not that "popular" which have probably gained some momentum since his death/the TII movie... they could now show those. I would love to see him perform Stranger in Moscow, You Rock My World, Dangerous, and Dirty Diana.

Since there was also a lot of footage left out from the last two rehearsals I wonder whether we will shall see more of this in the next edition?

I believe there are plans for an anniversary edition (10th) in 2019 maybe?

Holy Sh... how the hell is the 10 year anniversary of his death already around the corner? That really just blows my mind.

Holy Sh... how the hell is the 10 year anniversary of his death already around the corner? That really just blows my mind.

It just breaks my heart. How can he be gone? Let alone 10 years gone nearly.

I believe there is about 8 songs that were on the set list that haven't been seen yet:
Stranger In Moscow , Rock With You, Dangerous, Dirty Diana , WATW/HTW , Will You be There , You Are Not Alone.

IMWhizzle;4207725 said:
I’m baffled this thread even exists. ��

Listen it does exist as people who have just joined would like to get into conversations with other fans and ask their opinions. I don't think that new members should be frightened to ask a question because you don't think its right. I have nothing but love for Michael and would NEVER say anything about him that would defame his character or insult him. I have seen threads that to me are not worth talking about so if you don't like my question then don't answer, simple! Just like i stay out of the ones i don't think are relevant to Michael as a person, I don't care about the size of his manhood but theres a thread about that!!

I have seen threads that to me are not worth talking about so if you don't like my question then don't answer, simple! Just like i stay out of the ones i don't think are relevant to Michael as a person, I don't care about the size of his manhood but theres a thread about that!!

Omg!!! I about snorted my tea out of my nose at the manhood comment!!! I peeked at that thread when I first joined and didn't care for it at all!! I just quietly "left the room and closed the door, so to speak.

I'm new as well, to the forum, not to MJ (fan for over 40 years, yes, I'm old!!)

I think a lot of the "not Michael/impersonator/faked death" topics bother many people. I know from reading old threads that while this forum does not support the "hoax theories", the topic was allow to be discussed. That being said, it's kinda been beat to death, and I believe many members just want to move on from those emotional times. It really messed with many peoples heads. I'm not a believer, but I can remember reading things that hurt my brain and my heart.

Said with L.O.V.E.

I think a lot of the "not Michael/impersonator/faked death" topics bother many people. I know from reading old threads that while this forum does not support the "hoax theories", the topic was allow to be discussed. That being said, it's kinda been beat to death, and I believe many members just want to move on from those emotional times. It really messed with many peoples heads. I'm not a believer, but I can remember reading things that hurt my brain and my heart.

Said with L.O.V.E.

I think you hit the nail on the head with this.
I understand new fans or even new members maybe want to discuss this type of topic. But for people who were actually on this forum when everything happened, and had to deal with the sh*tload of hoax theories, crazy stories and everything else that came right after, its really just like rubbing salt in the wound.

I think you hit the nail on the head with this.
I understand new fans or even new members maybe want to discuss this type of topic. But for people who were actually on this forum when everything happened, and had to deal with the sh*tload of hoax theories, crazy stories and everything else that came right after, its really just like rubbing salt in the wound.

Don't forget too that even if you weren't on this particular board at the time of Michael's death, as a fan you will have dealt with these ideas and stories in other fields. On FB groups and Youtube they were rife too. Any long standing fan has been there one way or another.

Don't forget too that even if you weren't on this particular board at the time of Michael's death, as a fan you will have dealt with these ideas and stories in other fields. On FB groups and Youtube they were rife too. Any long standing fan has been there one way or another.
Of course.

My answer pertains to the reaction to this thread here on this forum. :)

He looked like Michael
He talked like Michael
He acted like Michael
He sang like Michael
He danced like Michael

So it obviously must have been David Hasselhoff
Really? ;)

Jokes aside, I never got why his own family said it wasn't him. I'm no expert but it's clearly MJ. No one can fake the sweetness he had about him and it clearly shines through TII! Besides WHY would they use double? I never understood that.

Really? ;)

Jokes aside, I never got why his own family said it wasn't him. I'm no expert but it's clearly MJ. No one can fake the sweetness he had about him and it clearly shines through TII! Besides WHY would they use double? I never understood that.

That is mainly what confused me. Thinking that his own family would know him best I didn't understand why they said it wasn't him either.

But I wasn't on a forum at the time so I didn't have any other peoples perspective on it. Obviously I know that this site is full of Michaels fans and just wanted to know if i'd missed something. I did state I did think it was him but I don't pretend to be the master of all knowledge when it comes to Michael so thought it would be nice to get some other opinions.

I saw This Is It 15 times at the show it was Michael all the way Joe Michael father said it was not him because the family is upset that Michael did not mention them in his will he left nothing for them he left it all to him mom and his children and charities organizations. Michael made some mistake on his icon moves but you got to remember Michael has not been on stage for over 10 years so he is bound to makes mistake he is human. If Michael would have lived and did the concerts he would have nail it i believe it.

It's MJ. He changed back to curly hair for the rehearsals and had often sunglasses on. Michael also lost some weight.

I'm wondering what part(s) are in question IF it were Michael or not?

Are people actually wondering if this is Michael?
THIS-IS-IT-michael-jackson-14852941-1100-607.jpg

If so that is absolutely silly! OF COURSE it is..

If people are wondering if this is Michael...
This-Is-It-Smooth-criminal-michael-jackson-music-videos-10810846-532-418.gif

Than that's understandable because its not.. simple!

Really? ;)

I don't know the context in which it was said but maybe they meant that the Michael they saw wasn't how they know him? Meaning frail, insecure and with slow speech at times?

As for doubles, Michael has used them for his tours for years mainly for the tricks such as Thriller/Beat it. The person wearing the Thriller mask is not Michael. It's a double who is distracting the audience so Michael can quickly get ready and appear on the cherry picker for Beat It.

Also, Michael sometimes used an impersonator to distract fans so he could leave his hotel unseen and go in a different direction. ;)

I don't know the context in which it was said but maybe they meant that the Michael they saw wasn't how they know him? Meaning frail, insecure and with slow speech at times?

As for doubles, Michael has used them for his tours for years mainly for the tricks such as Thriller/Beat it. The person wearing the Thriller mask is not Michael. It's a double who is distracting the audience so Michael can quickly get ready and appear on the cherry picker for Beat It.

Also, Michael sometimes used an impersonator to distract fans so he could leave his hotel unseen and go in a different direction. ;)

I know you don't like this thread but the facts you know about Michael I'm very greatful for. I have said I don't know everything about Michael in any way and the knowledge from others on here who did know facts about him is great for me. I'm happy to learn from you all and the things you know about him. I just want you to share that with me as a lot of things confuse me about him. He was a very complicated character.

Back