Michael's Unreleased Material [MERGED]

Re: List of Michael's Unreleased Material

I dont like the new Songs from michael, when they are not finished. The estate can Release so much concerts, so much Videos....

Can we add "Faces" from 1994 to the list. I understand the song is incomplete. The version I have heard only has MJ doing a spoken intro but no lead vocals. I have also heard MJ sing a demo of a song called "Jane Is A Groupie", he pretty much just sings the same line over and over, still a killer track imo.

^ Some songs such as H20 which Michael did in 2008 and some william songs are also missing from the list.

I've seen some fans mention the two songs 'Changes' and 'Waiting and Willing' or something on this forum yet they aren't mentioned in the OP. Do these songs actually exist and if yes, are they finished?

Thanks

I've seen some fans mention the two songs 'Changes' and 'Waiting and Willing' or something on this forum yet they aren't mentioned in the OP. Do these songs actually exist and if yes, are they finished?

Thanks

From the book Xscape Origins,

"Another example of Jackson revisiting older material during the HIStory sessions is the song Changes - an upbeat piano driven demo with rolling drum programming. The song is yet another that Jackson originally worked on with John Barnes in the mid 80's around the same time that Do You Know Where Your Children Are was recorded.

The Changes demo which is incredibly catchy and would almost certainly have been a hit had it been completed and released, features a really rough scratch vocal, with Jackson mumbling and humming a vocal melody over the track. The verses have very few distinguishable lyrics, with Jackson singing that he "can't cope with these changes" asking "What are you trying to do to me?" in the choruses. A version of the song worked on during the HIStory sessions also features a moving gospel performance by the Andre Crouch Choir, including a couple of breathtaking vocal adlib solos."

As for Willing and Waiting, I remember reading on here ( I think it was the legend himself AlwaysThere) that mentioned it was done around the HIStory era, its said to be complete. Brad Sundberg said it was one of his favourite songs MJ ever, so I'd imagine it's complete. Unless it's like Bruce Swedian and Don't Be Messin' Round situation.

I'd love to know more as well.

From the book Xscape Origins,

"Another example of Jackson revisiting older material during the HIStory sessions is the song Changes - an upbeat piano driven demo with rolling drum programming. The song is yet another that Jackson originally worked on with John Barnes in the mid 80's around the same time that Do You Know Where Your Children Are was recorded.

The Changes demo which is incredibly catchy and would almost certainly have been a hit had it been completed and released, features a really rough scratch vocal, with Jackson mumbling and humming a vocal melody over the track. The verses have very few distinguishable lyrics, with Jackson singing that he "can't cope with these changes" asking "What are you trying to do to me?" in the choruses. A version of the song worked on during the HIStory sessions also features a moving gospel performance by the Andre Crouch Choir, including a couple of breathtaking vocal adlib solos."

As for Willing and Waiting, I remember reading on here ( I think it was the legend himself AlwaysThere) that mentioned it was done around the HIStory era, its said to be complete. Brad Sundberg said it was one of his favourite songs MJ ever, so I'd imagine it's complete. Unless it's like Bruce Swedian and Don't Be Messin' Round situation.

I'd love to know more as well.

Thanks. I would love to hear Willing and Waiting.

Starlight -early version of Thriller- also leaked a few years ago.

I've been compiling a list for awhile and wanted to add some titles to this one :)
You Ain’t Gonna Change Nothin’

1976-1978
Holiday Inn - 1976 (listed on the US Copyright Office and registered at the Library of Congress)
Thank You For Life- 1976 (listed on the US Copyright Office and registered at the Library of Congress)
Ode To Sorrow (same as above)
Susie
We Are The Ones

James Whitney sessions (between 1976-1979)
Disco Kids
Sweet Music
Goodness Knows

1979:
Under Your Skin
You Told Me Your Lovin’
Got To Find A Way Somehow
You Not Me (Written by Michael, reworked into “This Had To Be”)
In The Life of Chico (from personal notebook)
A Baby Smiles (from personal notebook)
The Invisible Man/The Invisible Me (from personal notebook)

1980-1981
Why Can’ I Be
Somewhere In Time
The Toy
It Doesn’t Really Matter (Paul Anka sessions)
Nymphette Lover
Who Do Know

Stand Tall
She’s Not A Girl
Doing Dirty (written by Michael and Marlon)

1983-1987
Make or Break
Just Feel It
Attitude
Bad Company
Fantasy
Playin’ With Fire (written by Jackie for Victory. Later recorded by Greg Phillinganes for Pulse album)
Apocalypse Now
Get Around
Saturday Woman
Turning Me Off
What You Do To Me

for the ones that are registered at the Library of Congress, I'll post screenshots of their listings later today or tomorrow.

sh2UEzh.png

Li2sdWs.png

^^^

Susi from 1978 - isn't that the song that turned into Little Susie? - I think I have read before that the song was from the OTW sessions.

HUGE OP UPDATE! Give it a look :)

Where's Michael McKellar or King Tut or Rich Girl or any of the will.i.am sessions?

Where's Michael McKellar or King Tut or Rich Girl or any of the will.i.am sessions?

It's still a work-in-progress! There are many more tracks to be added :) This was just the biggest overhaul I've done on this list in about a year, and it includes quite a bit more as it stands, so I figured it was worth the attention!

I just want to make sure I've heard all that has been out/leaked.. I think I have heard at least 98% of everything.. pretty much all MJ material aside from an occasional surprise "non MJ" song he did background vocals for or featured in a song I never heard about not in his catalog.

Your topic is always a very good source of information. :) Here are two notes :
• I can't see Elizabeth I love You in your list, but I'm pretty sure it was there before
• Groove of Midnight has some scratch vocals leaked, but I don't know if Michael actually finished the song. There is also a song of the same name sung by Siedah Garrett, but I've compared the two of them, and is unlikely the same project, or at least the melody was completely changed

Moonly;4208664 said:
• Groove of Midnight has some scratch vocals leaked, but I don't know if Michael actually finished the song. There is also a song of the same name sung by Siedah Garrett, but I've compared the two of them, and is unlikely the same project, or at least the melody was completely changed

Groove of Midnight by Siedah definitely is the same song. The chorus 'Groove, midnight... One sweet desire'. I think they changed the melody up and all we have is Michael singing that one line. But it's the same song ❤

Thanks for the info. :)

Moonly;4208664 said:
Your topic is always a very good source of information. :) Here are two notes :
• I can't see Elizabeth I love You in your list, but I'm pretty sure it was there before

Groove of Midnight is undoubtedly the same song as Siedah's. They gave it to her. I'm also pretty sure they didn't include it in bad 25 because they didn't want to pay Rod Temperton (they removed 3rd verse from Best Of Joy, written by Rod for the same reason)

They removed 3rd verse from Best Of Joy, written by Rod for the same reason

This "Rod Temperton wrote a verse for Best of Joy" claim is a hoax, according to Michael Prince. Rod was experimenting with a new chorus, using the existing one ("I am forever, We are forever") as a pre-chorus, but it was never recorded. Why Neff-U cut the actual third verse I'll never know, but lyrically it reads like something Michael would write.

Apparently the 2010 album mix of Best of Joy is more of a product of Neff-U's imagination rather than a representation of Michael's final demo recording -- removal of the third verse, re-structuring the chorus, etc.

This "Rod Temperton wrote a verse for Best of Joy" claim is a hoax, according to Michael Prince. Rod was experimenting with a new chorus, using the existing one ("I am forever, We are forever") as a pre-chorus, but it was never recorded. Why Neff-U cut the actual third verse I'll never know, but lyrically it reads like something Michael would write.

Apparently the 2010 album mix of Best of Joy is more of a product of Neff-U's imagination rather than a representation of Michael's final demo recording -- removal of the third verse, re-structuring the chorus, etc.

Thank you for clearing that up Alwaysthere! Now I just want to hear how Michael left it

so branca said there are no vocals from the will.i.am sessions? but i thought he was blocked from releasing some of mjs vocals on one of his albums or was that an instrumental

so branca said there are no vocals from the will.i.am sessions? but i thought he was blocked from releasing some of mjs vocals on one of his albums or was that an instrumental

I call B.S. on that claim. Will.i.am has been stroking his ego about these tracks for the better part of a decade, not to mention that he attempted to put one of them ("I'm Dreamin'") on his #willpower album back in 2013. So one of the two parties are lying here, and I'm inclined to take the word of Will.i.am over the Estate.

My guess is that Branca and co. don't know where the vocals are and simply resorted to the old "they don't exist" excuse -- same thing that happened with the film reels to Wembley '88 and "Groove of Midnight".

Where are What More Can I Give & Todo Para Ti in your list?

They will be added soon :)

The family took the drives with the vocals during their "raid" from MJ's last resort the same day he had died, that's the issue.
It's always been three camps: MJ Estate & Sony (their material is limited), the family & their shady "friends", all kinds of third parties (MJ's business partners, producers, engineers etc.). The MJ Estate and Sony have been working together - like MJ himself did back in the day. They won't cooperate with the family - like MJ didn't do either, by the way. So the many third parties are the issue. And most of them have megalomaniacal demands or simply do not wish to cooperate (the ones who don't like people in suits and don't understand MJ's family never had any say in MJ's own career).

The family took the drives with the vocals during their "raid" from MJ's last resort the same day he had died, that's the issue.

That is true. I watched an interview and saw video of LaToya and her husband or boyfreind taking out (stealing) enormous amount of stuff from MJ house the day he died. She even said so.

Back