Just heard Invincible for the 1st time!

• Thread starter Deleted member 9375
  • Start date
lubyss;4185660 said:
I have ait in my LP vinil collection, but Don´t have a player, and in this time don´t have money to buy one.. This album is the best for me, so I would love to have the same xperience as you... Is there possibility that if you rip it in the lossless audio and uploaded, I would hear the same quality in my headphones?
I don't have the equipment to do that sorry. My record player is the most basic of players. Otherwise I would have been happy to help.

lubyss;4185660 said:
I have ait in my LP vinil collection, but Don´t have a player, and in this time don´t have money to buy one.. This album is the best for me, so I would love to have the same xperience as you... Is there possibility that if you rip it in the lossless audio and uploaded, I would hear the same quality in my headphones?

If I get this I'll try and rip it for you.

I purchased it. Hopefully I'll get it and nothing goes wrong. I'm always wary of using PayPal. Even if there's not that much difference at least I'll have Invincible on Vinyl.

I've had the MOV Invincible since my birthday. Don't you love when people buy you records as gifts? :D

But I've never got around to playing it. It's the tunes, man. The tunes just aren't there on Invincible.

However the adjectives used to describe the album in the original post are ones I would use so perhaps it would be worth my while to give it a spin finally.

I purchased it. Hopefully I'll get it and nothing goes wrong. I'm always wary of using PayPal. Even if there's not that much difference at least I'll have Invincible on Vinyl.
You did two of the right things, you bought Invincible on vinyl and you bought the right one! This will be your go to way of listening to Invincible from now on.
I've had the MOV Invincible since my birthday. Don't you love when people buy you records as gifts? :D

But I've never got around to playing it. It's the tunes, man. The tunes just aren't there on Invincible.

However the adjectives used to describe the album in the original post are ones I would use so perhaps it would be worth my while to give it a spin finally.
I implore you to set aside 70 odd minutes at some point soon and give it a spin! It's excellent quality reveals new things and a lot of the tunes will be better than you remembered. Also I would love your feedback on it. And yes, love getting vinyl as a gift. :cool:

This may be a stupid question...

But - MOV Invincible - is it just Invincible on LP or is MOV something special??

But how is it different from a normal vinyl pressing? Is the sound enhanced somehow?
They've used a different master or something I think. All I can say is that it sounds better to MY ears, perhaps that's an illusion, perhaps it's a placebo, perhaps it's a trick, I don't know, but those of us who have heard it seem to agree that it's an improvement in sound.

They've used a different master or something I think. All I can say is that it sounds better to MY ears, perhaps that's an illusion, perhaps it's a placebo, perhaps it's a trick, I don't know, but those of us who have heard it seem to agree that it's an improvement in sound.

Interesting, cheers :)

But how is it different from a normal vinyl pressing? Is the sound enhanced somehow?
Somehow yes, 180gram pressings are listed as for audiophiles. Thats as much as I know, but not all my 180 gram vinyl sound better than the original pressings, a few of the new Bowie releases are an example of this

All I know is ive read this release used the master tapes so it sounds better than the original LP that apparently sounded exactly the same as the CD

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

So if I'm gonna buy vinyl, do I look for the newer releases rather than originals?

So if I'm gonna buy vinyl, do I look for the newer releases rather than originals?

That's a very simple question but it doesn't have a simple answer. You'd have to research each individual case. Some new vinyls sound better and some older ones sound better than the newer ones.

That's a very simple question but it doesn't have a simple answer. You'd have to research each individual case. Some new vinyls sound better and some older ones sound better than the newer ones.
Spot on!

Man, when I first read the the thread title, I saw your username and I was like "WHAT?! YOU of ALL PEOPLE haven't heard INVINCIBLE?!?? Like... at all?!?" hahaha.

Of course, reading the actual post, it became more apparent what you actually meant :p
The thread title is totally click bait :p

I've called the album Xscape, as Invincible the song didn't make the final cut. Give it a listen if you're sad and bored like me:

1. Xscape
2. Heartbreaker
3. Hollywood Tonight
4. Butterflies
5. You Rock My World (no spoken intro)
6. Unbreakable
7. Heaven Can Wait
8. Speechless
9. Chicago (Timbaland version)
10. We've Had Enough
11. Privacy
12. Break of Dawn
13. The Lost Children
14. Threatened
15. Whatever Happens
16. Much Too Soon

Nice playlist! I like the idea of including Timbaland's version of Chicago, earlier I was making a playlist based off another user's suggestions for a re-doing of Invincible and Chicago felt out of place because I was using the very 80s sounding demo. It definitely fits better with the other material!

It's a great, round length at 16 tracks, maybe I'd swap something out for APWNN! I love that track too much :p

Bumping this thread to say, this is my ultimate Invincible playlist, which, being the saddo I am, I have spent a few months chopping, editing and moving tracks around, to get an album that works and flows well together.

I've listened to this version a few times through now beginning to end, and I have to say, I think this is the best version of the album I came up with.

I have scrapped a few songs and replaced them with some outtakes, which I feel were stronger. The only song I wanted to include from the original tracklist which ended up getting the chop was You Are My Life, as it would've been one too many ballads, and I wanted to add on Much Too Soon. I know MTS is an older song, but it's a better ballad than YAML and Don't Walk Away imo, it's also another writing credit on the album for MJ, and he always included older songs on his albums in the past, so I saw no reason why this shouldn't work. It actually flows really well from the penultimate track of Whatever Happens.

I've called the album Xscape, as Invincible the song didn't make the final cut. Give it a listen if you're sad and bored like me:

1. Xscape
2. Heartbreaker
3. Hollywood Tonight
4. Butterflies
5. You Rock My World (no spoken intro)
6. Unbreakable
7. Heaven Can Wait
8. Speechless
9. Chicago (Timbaland version)
10. We've Had Enough
11. Privacy
12. Break of Dawn
13. The Lost Children
14. Threatened
15. Whatever Happens
16. Much Too Soon
I like it a lot! You've definitely put some thought into the sequencing; possibly more than the official album. Just reading it and doing a quick sing-through of a few bars of each track it flows very nice, and fair play for including Timbaland's version of Chicago! It really works well here. I've always loved Much Too Soon also, I felt it was something that a lot of people missed out on with the other 6 legitimate MJ tracks on Michael. I will make this playlist and give it a listen tonight. You'll get a co-producer credit!

You Rock My World is so much better without the spoken intro. Privacy is the only one I would question but it's an album track I guess and if it works with the flow then I can live with it. One thing I'll say for album tracks in general; the ones that are not bonafide classics, is that they can offer a bit of space for other tracks to really shine. They can really set-up a good album and help with flow.

Last edited by a moderator:
*in before Tony R tells me you can't polish a turd*

I would never have such a potty mouth.

And seriously, I never, ever say that Invincible is crap or rubbish. It has a couple of bad songs but in the whole is a good album!

Yeah, Privacy was included more because it feels like a legit MJ track over 2000 Watts or Invincible, which sound a bit try-hard for my tastes. Privacy is far from a fantastic track, but we needed another up-tempo and sandwiched in between We've Had Enough and Break of Dawn, it's more enjoyable than it is on the album. I always felt the section of YAML/Privacy/DWA/Cry created a real lull on the second half of the actual album. Not that those songs are individually bad songs, but they're amongst the weakest on the album and they are all bunched together.

I'd be curious to know your thoughts azzaabb.

God, I'm sad. :lol:
I'm just about to head out for awhile but will definitely give some thoughts later. And would you Adam & Eve it? Tony did indeed get there before me! :lol:

As a whole, Michael's final completed album is vastly underrated. I remember first hearing "Unbreakable" at a Blockbuster Music store on headphones, grinning like the Cheshire Cat with one thought on my mind: "the king is back". Most of the songs still work very well after 15 years, my favorites being "Privacy", "You Rock My World", "Speechless", and "Threatened".

As a whole, Michael's final completed album is vastly underrated. I remember first hearing "Unbreakable" at a Blockbuster Music store on headphones, grinning like the Cheshire Cat with one thought on my mind: "the king is back". Most of the songs still work very well after 15 years, my favorites being "Privacy", "You Rock My World", "Speechless", and "Threatened".

First person I heard who likes Privacy

Back