Michael Prince & Brad Buxer - Secret Project (Confirmed MJ related - Post #155)

Fans don't deserve everything in Michael's archive. We're greedy, demanding and we have to look at flaws in every single project by the estate. We're lucky the estate even gives us anything. If it was me, I would stop releasing new material all together because many fans don't deserve it.
I have to agree with this. Many fans have been very ungrateful and criticize every little thing. It's hard on the estate, they must think they can't do anything right.

Fans don't deserve everything in Michael's archive. We're greedy, demanding and we have to look at flaws in every single project by the estate. We're lucky the estate even gives us anything. If it was me, I would stop releasing new material all together because many fans don't deserve it.

1) Six songs is more than satisfactory. Keep in mind Michael only gave us TWO for Thriller 25.
2) They had no choice to release the VHS. Wembley is Michael's best performance. The estate only has U-matic tapes for the remaining shows, which would give us similar quality to Wembley anyways. The only one they have film for is Yokohama, and I wouldn't waste my money on that.

Yeah, plus Michael wouldn't want us to hear everything in his archive anyway (as much as I would personally love to :p). I loved the six songs they released and Al Capone is in the top 25 most played songs on my iTunes so I'm definitely pleased with the Bad 25 release.

We're not greedy, being a MJ fan is hard, knowing our idol was a perfectionist in every thing he did. He set a quality standard of everything in the entertainment business. He teaches us the meaning of QUALITY.

And that is what the estate is ignoring.

Vision could be a bluray with uncompressed surround sound

'Michael' could be a much better album in terms of songs and production. A shame Bruce Swedien en Bernie Grundman weren't on board.

The BAD tour could also be a bluray.

And so on..

'Michael' could be a much better album in terms of songs and production. A shame Bruce Swedien en Bernie Grundman weren't on board.

If I remember well, Bruce refused to work on MICHAEL.

I totally understand his decision. Why would he? He wouldn't lend his name to a non authentic project.

Question? This project they were working on. It wasn't the new remastered for iTunes collections was it? I hope not. Remember do many many hard drives spinning and humming statement? Maybe we were supposed to get a few new out takes with that? Dunno but someone had to do that work was it them. Let's hope not id be bummed. I want new music badly.

All of MJ's albums are now mastered for iTunes apparently. Would like to know if it was Team MJ or some Apple dude that did that 'mastering' as the preview for Invincible sounds awful

All of MJ's albums are now mastered for iTunes apparently. Would like to know if it was Team MJ or some Apple dude that did that 'mastering' as the preview for Invincible sounds awful

Yep, all of his studios albums are but a few are not (Immortal, This Is It, Thriller 25 to name a few I think). In regards to who did the mastering, I read somewhere recently that the studios would send incredibly high-quality masters to Apple, who in turn would send these masters to contracted studios (It wouldn't be just any studio, certainly ones that are extremely experienced in mastering etc) who would master it best for the AAC format the iTunes store utilises.

However, some sites seem to suggest that the studios themselves can do it. I'm not entirely sure but I think the studio has the choice of doing it themselves or sending them to Apple to do (in which case I'm sure there is a ton of feedback exchanged to get the best results). Not entirely clear, sadly.

Question? This project they were working on. It wasn't the new remastered for iTunes collections was it? I hope not. Remember do many many hard drives spinning and humming statement? Maybe we were supposed to get a few new out takes with that? Dunno but someone had to do that work was it them. Let's hope not id be bummed. I want new music badly.

But he did also say something like 'new MJ tracks coming soon'.

We're not greedy, being a MJ fan is hard, knowing our idol was a perfectionist in every thing he did. He set a quality standard of everything in the entertainment business. He teaches us the meaning of QUALITY.

And that is what the estate is ignoring.

Vision could be a bluray with uncompressed surround sound

The BAD tour could also be a bluray.

And so on..

We ARE greedy. Michael was a perfectionist, yes. But this ISN'T Michael we're dealing with technically. It's John Branca and John McClain. Yes, some projects (Vision, Michael) could have been better. But in terms of product, Bad 25 was as near-perfect as we've gotten since This Is It. How can fans not be happy with six songs? SIX? None of which have EVER been heard before? Whereas, like I've said, Michael gave us TWO, ONE of which had already leaked? And the BAD tour couldn't have been on Bluray, unless you want to shell out $25 for a Bluray of the Yokohama show, which I and many others wouldn't have done.

Fans have the unfortunate habit of ignoring all the GOOD parts about the releases and focusing on the bad ones. For example, Vision. Yes, it should have been on Bluray with better audio/video quality. But we have ALL of Michael's videos in one package, some AMAZING extras (like the LAST VIDEO HE EVER FILMED for One More Chance) and a great package. Yes, I get irritated with some of the packages too. But recently it seems that the estate is truly trying, and we need to start accepting that and being at least partially grateful.

Now I really hope I'm not insulting you, IMWhizzle. I accept your opinion, I'm just tyring to offer mine.

For example, Vision. Yes, it should have been on Bluray with better audio/video quality. But we have ALL of Michael's videos in one package, some AMAZING extras (like the LAST VIDEO HE EVER FILMED for One More Chance) and a great package. Yes, I get irritated with some of the packages too. But recently it seems that the estate is truly trying, and we need to start accepting that and being at least partially grateful.

Don't forget the packaging for Vision too ! They did a fantastic job with that. I love that gold silhouette on the front of the case, and behind that you have a collage of him in a number of short films. Not only that but by tilting it back and forth, you can see MJ dancing! Let's be honest - that's pretty cool :)

When will the 2013 posthumous album come out? Any news? I cannot wait!!! I am blasting the Bad 25 songs thru my car mega subwoofer and it's loud enough that people in the streets will turn their heads to the bass of "Al Capone" and "Abortion Papers" :)

There is no confirmation of a 2013 posthumous album.

Last edited:
It would be nice to have a Q&A with mr. John Branca.

Seriously, we need some answers and a direct communication with the estate.

From yesterday trial-testimony

Panish: Do you know he recorded 100 new songs between 2001 and 2008 for new release?
Briggs: I did not know that.

From yesterday trial-testimony

Panish: Do you know he recorded 100 new songs between 2001 and 2008 for new release?
Briggs: I did not know that.

In a rodney jerkins interview he said "Michael always told me he wouldn't be a round much longer" I wonder if MJ made this 100 song material and stashed it away mainly because he wanted to still be around and relevant after his death?

Not to be annoying or anything, but isn't this topic about a possible new album/a new project rather than discussing the Bad25 release/the film reels of that show?

^^ That's true. Besides, I'm genuinely surprised that people are still aching about that. It's in the past, we can't control it, and other than offering my opinion on the DVD itself, I won't engage in that conversation anymore.

I'm just excited about the prospect of a new album.

Please stay on topic. If you wish to get into full discussions of BAD 25/ DVD or comparisons to other Bad concerts, what was filmed, discussing umatics, etc. please do it in the threads already available for that discussion in Michaelmania forum. Please don't derail this and every thread with that discussion. Thank you.

Any news about the Q&A with Michael Prince? It's been a long time.

Back