BAD 25 - 2012 - General Discussion [Closed] please cont. discussion in BAD25 Announcement thread

• Thread starter Dangerous Incorporated
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BAD 25 - 2012 - Official Discussion Thread

I guess that's the idea. Buy a can of Pepsi, find the code, scan it and get a Skillex remix. I think it's more or less the same idea of those free iTune downloads given by Starbucks.

Yeah. If people find this exciting, so be it. Not my cup of tea. :fear:

I call things like that chores, and I do not like chores. It is like going to best buy and they telling me to take my receipt, go on the internet, punch in the number on the receipt, answer some questions, then I become eligible for rewards. This has too much steps--that is chores on my part like housework. I have thrown hundreds of receipts which such gimmicks, and I see the code on the soda as being in the same category.

I call things like that chores, and I do not like chores. It is like going to best buy and they telling me to take my receipt, go on the internet, punch in the number on the receipt, answer some questions, then I become eligible for rewards. This has too much steps--that is chores on my part like housework. I have thrown hundreds of receipts which such gimmicks, and I see the code on the soda as being in the same category.

Lol... Same here. I've never downloaded a freebie through scanning a code or punching in a code. But, if that helps Pepsi sell some soda, then it is what it is.

first of all you asked a question to which I answered (don't ask questions if you don't want answers) and my response clearly shows that I'm again solely focused on how you determined a remix we are yet to hear as "crappy". That's all. It's not personal. It's over.
RUDE and second I already answered ur question about it being crappy! And yea I'm over goin in circles too, it's like talkin to a wall!

RUDE and second I already answered ur question about it being crappy! And yea I'm over goin in circles too, it's like talkin to a wall!

Blue I will tell you a secret. Every time I see your name I say Blue, Blue What Should I doo--it is a play on the last sound of blue and do. I have been doing this for years now and have not told you, so I am telling you now to bring some cheer into your sphere.

Blue I will tell you a secret. Every time I see your name I say Blue, Blue What Should I doo--it is a play on the last sound of blue and do. I have been doing this for years now and have not told you, so I am telling you now to bring some cheer into your sphere.

Love it :D

look: I already said it.

again who said you can't write what you don't like? As I said before you CAN. also people CAN disagree with you. and I asked you how you concluded "crappy" and "endless" remixes(which seemed unwarranted and quite premature at that time) and you gave an explanation for it. The boycott comments do not apply to you. So why are you taking this so personal and in a defensive mood?

so again why are you in a defensive mode in regards to something I ALREADY acknowledged.

in short : you wrote something. I disagreed. It's what a discussion board is supposed to be. It wasn't personal and there's nothing I can do if you think it was. The topic - at least for me - is looonnng over.

Gee thanks Petrose. o_O My username has nothin to do with what u get from it but, that is funny. Blue is just my fave color. But, just so u know I am a cherry person in real life. lol :) But, I just don't think I need to explain my own opinions and taste soo darn much just because someone disagrees and over does it. Period!

But, movin back on to the topic about the Bad25. I was wondering what kind of booklet we will get? Since the Bad25 special edition contained nice pics of MJ that were not part of the orginal, I can see them doin the same for the up coming Bad25? But, hopefully not a repeat of the same pics. That would be pretty cool.

Haha. Don't joke. They'll probably stick Burn 2Nite and Water on it and say they are songs Michael recorded in advance for Bad 25.

If they do that i will be so angry

Skrillex touching a Michael Jackson track?

And my faith in the Estate drops substantially...again...

Jackson_popcorn.gif

^I'll join Michael in the waiting...

couch-potato-cat.jpg

I listened to that Skrillex song. It felt like my brains were being scrambled and put into a stew. I literally felt nauseated while listening to it. :wacko: This dubstep will probably lead to the death of the human race lol. If the Bad 25 remixes sound anything like that, it would be awful. If they're good, then great. I don't really have high hopes though. At least I'm glad it seems to be only a Pepsi download exclusive and not on the album.

What a disaster. I smell a boycott coming...

I am confused now?! These 3 DJ's are goin to remix Bad songs as separate thing from the actual BAD25 CD?

So does that mean double the remixes including in the actual BAD 25 cd aswell?! :bugeyed

Damn...if so...NO THANK U!-_-

As far as from the news stories only "bad" is being remixed for possibly a commercial or as Pepsi exclusive and people can get it when they buy the pepsi cans and scan the code on it. What is being reported as of now has nothing to do with the Bad25 album or DVD.

If you don't like the remix special of Pepsi, don't download it. It's that simple.

So why is everyone suddenly all negative or talking about boycotts?

WHY? Because reguardless it's still promotion for BAD25 as a whole. And It sucks they they feel MJs music has to be modernize in such a crappy way with these endless remixes.

Sorry i can't contain myself:
This posts about boycotting and so on are...
...just stupid!

Not knowing either all the facts, nor the result, but talking bullsh!t..

Oh come on. Look at the crap they've released so far. Why would this be any different?

You know what ? It's impossible to make MJ fans happy.

After reading this thread I can see that remixes are not that popular among the fans and we prefer unreleased songs.

So now all the news stories point out to one or more remixes being a Pepsi special.

So what's the problem? If we don't like remixes that much why are we complaining that remixes to be an extra - get it if you want, don't get it if you don't want- and free thing?

And as a reality check - you have businesses here. Pepsi is a business that wants to make profit. They are not doing these cans to make MJ fans happy. Also Estate executors have said (during Cirque interviews) that they want to introduce Michael to the new generations. How can they do it? Yes through new styles, new remixes, popular DJ's and popular artists of today. That's how it's going to happen. The general and younger and today appeal is going to make the general public to buy the Pepsi cans and scan the code on it. and who said the remix is "crappy"? did anyone hear it yet? These DJ's are quite popular btw.

Honestly I won't go crazy with speculation without having decent information. Currently all I see is a free remix by popular DJ's of one song. As long as I'm satisfied with the Bad 25 - which mainly means as long as they release a Bad Tour DVD - I don't give a rat's ass what Pepsi hands out as free. If it's not to my taste I might not download it, or I can simply get it as I'll buy the cans and it'll be free.

and this threats of boycott is childish IMO especially without having any concrete information. They had good releases - such as TII and Cirque and they had not so good releases - such as Michael album. We can wait to learn more about the upcoming project and see it / hear it before we start to scream bloody murder.

To be fair then no one knows what exactly will happen with Bad25 promotion and yet we all have said what we would like in this thread. And it's my own money so I have a right to express what would make me buy or not.

I'm glad u see it fit to say what u would want but, have an issue with what others would like!

Because there is no fake songs from Bad era!

There is a difference between not quite perfection and the disgrace that was the Michael album. Michael deserves better. I hope this release will be good, but how can one have faith when they made such a mess before?

Cirque, TII. They had GOOD releases as well. so don't focus on one thing and try to look to the bigger picture.

or at least try to wait for more information or actually hearing stuff before you start to scream murder.

It's your money & you have the right to buy or not to buy.
It's also everyones right to express his/her thoughts - but is it always wise to do so?

I have no issue with you saying what you want or don't want - such as you don't want a lot of remixes both on a album and as pepsi special

I'm just curious about how you concluded the reported remix to be "crappy" without listening to it or concluded that remixes are "endless" without any information. That's what I have an issue with.

I agree with you about wanting to introduce Michael to the new generations and general public. But what about us, Michael Jackson fans. We should be their main market.

For now they gave us This Is It movie which was great in my opinion, This Is It song which was also great, This Is It soundtrack which was also awesome because of second disc with demos and Planet Earth. But after that it all went wrong and we, the fans, got shit in my opinion (although some tracks were great on MICHAEL album), we got fake songs!, we got Hollywood Tonight and Behind the Mask remixes that had nothing to do with Michael's vision, we got crappy quality of Michael's short films, we got Immortal soundtrack with mediocre remixes done by someone who never worked with Michael.

How much we'll have to suffer before we get something instead of general public and new generations?

If there is indeed a new Bad 25 commercial, I surely hope they don't use new remix. I hope they stick with the one that Michael did on the original ad. But, I know the chance is slim.

I don't understand the need to "modernize" good music. Good music is timeless. I'm listening to Queen the whole afternoon and I don't feel I'm listening to songs that were released before I was born. Save Me sounds good. Bohemian Rhapsody sounds good. People still appreciate the Nutcracker and the Four Seasons the way they are.

Is it because we are living in the digital age? Young people have no patience to get through a song and give time to a well-developed melody? It seems "music" are now just catchy beats on steroid.

I like many songs from Michael.

Hold My Hand, HT, Best of Joy, Behind the Mask, AD and especially Much Too Soon are great great great songs IMO.

And I do like KYHU, BN and Monster too. - But that's not for this thread! :lol:

I think The Estate has done a very great job so far.

I just hope they don't mess up the BAD25 release and release Yokohama on DVD only with no extra material like the Bucharest DWT release... - Worst release EVER!!! ...

How can Bucharest DWT be "Worst release EVER!!!" when you have Vision & Michael? I think that Bucharest is one of the best releases ever. Yeah, there are too much editing but that is the only concert we have and it is in perfect quality. I watch it very often, I love it.

Some young people including myself do appreciate real music instead of this garbage that's being played on today's radio. Yeah we are in the digital period. Times have changed and there's nothing no one can do about it. I wish there was believe me

^LOL I hope.

Bumber Snippet

I really hope you are right!

I'm really saddened by the picky and unreserved nature of a lot of the posts in this thread. Yes some of it can be passion but honestly chill out!

Just remember what the remix of A Little Less Conversation did for Elvis.

By the way why did the word boycott appear with such disdain? Some are saying if the product is XYZ or does not have XYZ they will not buy. We make these same determinations when we shop, so why is it different when applied to a post-2009 Michael Jackson product? If you are planning to buy a cruise package, you will say if the package does not have XYZ, you will not buy.
It just sounds a little dramatic for this situation imo. Boycott what? Pepsi cans? The codes that give you a remix for free? Because of what? Because some popular DJs are making a remix of one of Michael's songs? Because a huge sponsor thinks Michael could still appeal to the general public and younger people?

Boycotting something sounds like you're not buying something on purpose as a show of protest, for example because you think it would be unethical to buy it. That's different than not buying something because you just have no interest in it.

I understand that some people don't like remixes at all, and some won't like the remix these particular three people are going to make. That's fine. Nobody has to buy the Pepsi cans or redeem the code to get the remix, or listen to the remix. I just don't get why there's so much negativity about this. I'm getting pretty excited about the whole Pepsi thing, I think it could be great. If the remix is good, it might get some younger people interested in Michael's music. If it's not, there's no harm done. The original version is still there, nothing these DJs do can ruin it.

And imo it's not even about whether people will like the remix or not (to be honest, I think it's a safe bet that most MJ fans will hate it). But whether it's any good or not, the Pepsi campaign will bring some attention to Michael, and any positive attention to Michael is fine in my book.

A few months ago there was a special Michael episode on Glee, and as a result of that Michael's album sales increased and his YouTube videos got a lot of new viewers. The Glee versions of Michael's songs weren't particularly great, but the important thing was, they did get new people to listen to Michael's music. Something like that could happen now too. I think the most important thing for Michael's legacy now is to remind people that he was a phenomenal artist, that he made amazing music that people can still enjoy, and he's not just some tabloid caricature or a pop icon who belongs in the past. The Pepsi campaign could help with that, or at least it won't do any harm to Michael's legacy. Whether I personally enjoy the remix seems pretty unimportant in the larger scheme of things.

I say if it helps Michael's sales, let's bring it on! With a little luck Bad might overtake Adele in the UK! :cheeky:

Finally....the word I have been waiting for all along has made an appearance in this thread: BOYCOTT.

In the fan community, nothing says unhinged like the word BOYCOTT.

And personally, I cannot get enough of these boycotts. Like really. Seriously.

I feel giddy just reading about them, so one can assume, the ones calling for these BOYCOTTS must get a bigger high.

Boycott-happy MJ fans. BOYCOTT this. BOYCOTT that. BOYCOTT life?

**le sigh** Waiting...

I'd like to see what David Guetta can do with BAD :D

I agree. David Guetta is million times better than those 3 combined. I've never heard of those 3 until 2 days ago, and I know about Guetta for ages.

While I personally am not a fan of remixes at all, like Ivy said, people are freaking out based on a small vague piece of information regarding a free remix, which may, or MAY NOT appear on the Bad reissue. Throwing words around like "boycott" over an insubstantial, vague piece off information is dramatic and unnecessary. Personally I can't stand remixes but I'm not going to throw around words when we don't even know what the reissue will consist off.

Would you guys be happy if we get Rodney Jerkins reworked versions of unreleased Bad era songs, like Cheater, Chicago 1945, Get Around from Invincible sessions? Like we got For All Time from Dangerous sessions on Thriller 25. I would.

Bad Tour 1988 concert dvd/blu-ray is the most important part of Bad 25. Please make some announcements already Estate :)

047.jpg

I would be happy if instead of a remix would release a unreleased song for this campaign, it would be crazy!
This would also have a great appeal like any remix. imo
Am I dreaming... ok, back in the reality ... Is just a remix with all the bonuses that Soulwalker7 already said, very well, I agree with him.

If any moderator read me :ciao::bored2: ... After months of registry why I'm still invisible? :timer:
thx for any help.:)

I would be happy if instead of a remix would release a unreleased song for this campaign, it would be crazy!
This would also have a great appeal like any remix. imo
Am I dreaming... ok, back in the reality ... Is just a remix with all the bonuses that Soulwalker7 already said, very well, I agree with him.

If any moderator read me :ciao::bored2: ... After months of registry why I'm still invisible? :timer:
thx for any help.:)

Hi and welcome to the discussion and your first post on the board :) I just approved your post
You are a Jr Member. That means your posts will be moderated and approved by mods untill you reach 10 posts. Once you reach 10 Posts you will be upgraded to Proud Member. Then will have access to the other options and you will be able to post freely on the board.

I hope that helps

I can assure you there will be No Boycotts of BAD25 promoted or called out on MJJC.
So fans here can rest easy. The Meir mention of it in this thread based on speculation of free mixes Pepsi is promoting was uncalled for and totally unnecessary IMO - and If I had the power. I would BAN that word from this board. If you don't like the free mixes don't download them its that simple. If you don't like a remix or song on BAD 25 don't buy it or don't listen to that track . You personal opinion of a track doesn't not call for a boycott or even the mention of one.

The Album doesn't just belong just to you personally . It belongs to the world and it will be marketed to the world. (especially the youth by Pepsi) with the fans wishes also taken into consideration by the Estate. That being said I am positive dub-step remixes will NOT be on BAD25. its a free promo from Pepsi not marketed specifically to you but to the youth to bring them on-board. There are many remixes been released through the years that I find crappy or don't like and Michael's legacy has not been tainted by them. His original tunes are still in tact and will also be intact and released on the BAD 25 for all to hear. They can see and judge for themselves where the real magic came from. Lets all relax and not jump to conclusions :better:

This thread should be a celebration .. with great expectations for Michael's BAD to soar once again.
Its is my dream for that to happen. I hope you all wish for the same.

Lol, cant believe how worked up some people are gettin over a free remix xD

A free remix in my opinion Is better than a remix on the BAD25 CD I would prefer the full original album with 3 maybe 4 unreleased songs included. And coming to the Possible Bad Tour 1988 DVD/Blu-Ray I don't mind what concert they choose for the release as long as it's an 88' concert with not too many crowd shots then I will be happy, please don't talk about boycotting when we don't even know what's being released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back