MJ's Tomb in Forest Lawn

Mikky Dee;4226144 said:
This thread isn't going to last long, if people start talking about their blatant disrespect for the rules, their lack of regard for the wishes of Michael's family, or for the peace and privacy of all who have been laid to rest inside Holly Terrace. I'm not sure that I even believe that you went inside and took photos of Michael's tomb without being named on the visitor list...considering the level of security that is in place there; but if you did, I personally think you should be ashamed of yourself. Please stop.

What difference is it being inside or outside. There’s people buried outside too, and people walk around. No one says anything about that. Why is it only disrespectful at the Great Measleum? Are the deceased in there more special than the ones buried outside?

peteymj;4226157 said:
What difference is it being inside or outside. There’s people buried outside too, and people walk around. No one says anything about that. Why is it only disrespectful at the Great Mausoleum? Are the deceased in there more special than the ones buried outside?

Now you're being ridiculous. If you don't know the differences that exist between one area and another at Forest Lawn, then I can't help you.

Some areas are open for public access, where people can walk around and look at the burial places and the art and sculpture (e.g. the great hall area of the mausoleum, where "The Last supper" stained glass window is)... whilst other places are not open to the public at all. Holly Terrace is not open for public access. It is a "family only" place, where there is tight security and the doors are kept locked.....people who go inside are either family of the deceased, or they are on a list of people who have been given permission to enter. You are saying that you, a non-family member, somehow sneaked into an off-limits area and took photos of Michael's tomb. That is disrespectful, because Michael's family don't want that to happen and, if true, it also gives MJ fans a bad reputation with Forest Lawn staff.

I finally found the picture of me outside of Holly Terrace looking inside the doors from my trip in 2014. I'm currently backing up pictures from my mom's tablet and all the pictures from that trip are in that tablet.
43521360601_f688df0a0d_o.jpg

Re: MJ's tomb in Forest Lawn

Peter,
Interesting. A couple of questions: was the tomb marked (i.e. did it have a name on it, etc.)? Was there other spaces located near it for other family members as has been reported?
Thanks for sharing.
~Shawn

shawn,
sorry i just saw your post. His name was not marked on the tomb, from were I was standing. As far as empty spaces nearby, I didnt really notice. But there are other tombs in MJs section, on the left and right sides. I dont know if some were empty or not.

Re: MJ's tomb in Forest Lawn

Also, there is a chained rope where Mjs tomb is along with the other tombs on the left and right side. Mjs tomb is about 10-12 feet from the chained rope. There is also a quote from the bible written on a book statue.

Has anyone visited Michael's tomb inside The Great Mausoleum at Forest Lawn? I visited his tomb recently, directly approaching it. It was one of the greatest/saddest feelings I experienced. It was just me and Michael. I said a prayer in front of his tomb and left. I know that security is very strict..supposedly. If you are wondering how I did it, i'll just say that it was by accident and totally unplanned...and luck.

A couple weeks later (which was last night), I find myself walking next to Paris Jackson in the streets of Hollywood.

In June 25 2012, I saw Joe Jackson outside of the Carolwood house where MJ passed away.

I feel very connected with MJ lately. I've always felt a connection, but that connection has intensifed the last month or so.

I just want to know if other fans have had a chance to visit the tomb from the inside and I also wanted to share my experience.

Peter
Touched for your feeling and that's very impressive. May I ask if you saw any camera in The Great Mausoleum please? It sounds weird but I just want to know if I stand right before the door and look into the room, would there be any camera to record my expression or anything?

Michael always wanted to have fans and children around so that he felt less lonely and be loved. Jermaine also said that it is very cold there, it's so cold and sad. Ideal if the door opened so that all fans can show their love to him.

Back