Greg Gorman's semi-nude photo of Michael?

I don't like this picture. Michael looks good in it of course, but I don't think it's particularly in "Michael's taste", which may be why it wasn't used. I don't agree with the comment that he looks too skinny or unhealthy, he looks fine, just younger and less developed. But the lighting, I don't know if that's the shadow of Michaels head/hair showing on the right side of his chest, or if one side is darker than the other, that's the illusion that the photo gives off. The difference between this photo & the YANA short film, he just looks out of his element here, almost like he was comfortable posing for the photo, but wasn't quite sure of what the final result would be. And I think it's an invasion of privacy somewhat. It's one thing for the man himself to put out a video where he appears nude, but it's a whole different subject when a photo is released and shown for the public, posthumously. Especially a photo that we had no idea existed when the man himself was walking the earth with us.

I don't like this picture. Michael looks good in it of course, but I don't think it's particularly in "Michael's taste", which may be why it wasn't used. I don't agree with the comment that he looks too skinny or unhealthy, he looks fine, just younger and less developed. But the lighting, I don't know if that's the shadow of Michaels head/hair showing on the right side of his chest, or if one side is darker than the other, that's the illusion that the photo gives off. The difference between this photo & the YANA short film, he just looks out of his element here, almost like he was comfortable posing for the photo, but wasn't quite sure of what the final result would be. And I think it's an invasion of privacy somewhat. It's one thing for the man himself to put out a video where he appears nude, but it's a whole different subject when a photo is released and shown for the public, posthumously. Especially a photo that we had no idea existed when the man himself was walking the earth with us.

:bow: THIS!

Michael did a radio interview with Jessie Jackson and Jessie asked Michael about his weight. Michael said that his health is perfect, despite he isn't the greatest eater.

"Jesse: Michael, you know as you look back, you kinda make this kind of transition from ground zero in Gary and you begin to ascend, and you became, in many ways, a man in a child’s body and I mean, you never gained any weight! How did you manage?

Michael: (laughs) Well, I’ve never been a great eater, I’ve, uh ~~ to tell a little secret, I hate to tell it, uh, I’ve never been ahhh, great eater or a great admirer food, even though I appreciate food and the gift of food and how God has given us food to eat, but my mother has always had a hard time with me, all my life, uh, forcing me to eat ~~ Elizabeth Taylor used to feed me ~~ hand feed me at times, because I-I-I I do have a problem with eating, but, I – I do my very best, and I am eating, yes I am! So I don’t - Please, uh, I don’t want anyone to think I’m starving, I am not …

Jesse: But you’ve…

Michael: My health is perfect actually.

Jesse: You’ve maintained this weight man, that’s what people is most jealous of and so excited about…

Michael: No no, my health is perfect actually, I’m a great believer in holistic natural foods and eating and (sp) herbs and things, you know, God’s medicine, instead of Western chemicals, not those things, you know."

Even though Michael never released these picture's, he knew he was slim and I think he felt self conscience about it, which is probably why these picture's never saw the light of day!

[video=youtube;pawGvkUF0-I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pawGvkUF0-I[/video]​

WhoIsIt89;4124422 said:
And I think it's an invasion of privacy somewhat. It's one thing for the man himself to put out a video where he appears nude, but it's a whole different subject when a photo is released and shown for the public, posthumously. Especially a photo that we had no idea existed when the man himself was walking the earth with us.

This is most likely a publicity photo, not a portrait for Michael’s private collection. I do not believe Michael was against the photo, just its use publicly. During the Bad era, it was decided Michael had to project a certain image. This photo and others did not project that image and were not used as publicity photos.

The 3T publicity photo with Michael shows TJ in a very similar outfit to what Michael is wearing in this photo.

Same as Bani’s blue-eye photo not used as Invincible cover art or Gorman’s lace photo not used as Bad cover art.

Well Michael sure gained weight in the early 2000s. He wasn't fat or anything, no way. He was thick though.lol. I think it was the billboard awards and Chris tucker was presenting him with an award. Michael came out in those black leather pants, he looked good.

Well Michael sure gained weight in the early 2000s. He wasn't fat or anything, no way. He was thick though.lol. I think it was the billboard awards and Chris tucker was presenting him with an award. Michael came out in those black leather pants, he looked good.
that was the 2002 American Music Awards. he looks ****ing sexy :cheeky:

just one of his many talents...wearing tight pants like no one else :yes: :giggle:

Even though Michael never released these picture's, he knew he was slim and I think he felt self conscience about it, which is probably why these picture's never saw the light of day!

I know he wasn't particularly 'thick' back then lol, but he doesn't look that skinny to me? Just slim, but still well built.. I love his shape. The pose in this picture makes him look a little smaller than he was tho, with his shoulders hunched like that.
But I'm not sure if he was really that self conscience about his body, I think Michael wanted to be slim - to have a 'dancer's body' as he would call it. If he was that insecure about it, I don't think he would've posed for these kind of pictures at all?

Not sure how's this picture different from any other picture he had at the time. He doesn't look particularly thin to me.

12376021_1723007857930111_5063111584374282516_n.jpg

12391920_1723008211263409_2337818945963185826_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/zimnika7

12347794_1209422132407963_853451079131319027_n.jpg

Michael's use of the shoulder pad's were to give him a more virile (having or suggesting qualities (such as strength and sexual energy)look, which increased the look of his appearance of his shoulder to waist ratio. This is why I believe he may have not liked at how he looked in Greg Gorman's photo's.

image_9ae1a450-1ae8-4e9b-9fbf-f1ac67fc130c_large.jpg

Michael's use of the shoulder pad's were to give him a more virile (having or suggesting qualities (such as strength and sexual energy)look, which increased the look of his appearance of his shoulder to waist ratio. This is why I believe he may have not liked at how he looked in Greg Gorman's photo's.

image_9ae1a450-1ae8-4e9b-9fbf-f1ac67fc130c_large.jpg
he knew how he looked before the picture was taken

Him wearing shoulder pads doesn't mean he was insecure about the way he looked without them. No reason to either, he had the perfect 'shoulder to waist ratio' imo

tVZ3dXN.png

no pads needed! :D (gosh, I love his back.. so sexy :stars: )

Love this, very nice! I've been thinking about drawing it in it's entirety.. that'd be a nice little project :shifty:

I've always thought he had broad shoulders even without shoulder pads

Him wearing shoulder pads doesn't mean he was insecure about the way he looked without them. No reason to either, he had the perfect 'shoulder to waist ratio' imo

tVZ3dXN.png

no pads needed! :D (gosh, I love his back.. so sexy :stars: )

Love this, very nice! I've been thinking about drawing it in it's entirety.. that'd be a nice little project :shifty:

that hinie aint so bad either :dribble:

Someone took a picture of this photo at an angle, that's why he appears thinner than he really is.

But here's my attempt at correcting the perspective:

151223015659947431.jpg

Michael did indeed have broad shoulder's and a slim waist, as Michael Bush explains -
"Bush continued telling us that many military style jackets were created not just one military look taking MJ's broad shoulders and enhancing them with the military style along with his narrow waist. One military jacket in particular, black with braiding was another of MJ’s favorites. He wore this one to meet President Bush Sr. at the White House."
http://mjbliss.blogspot.com/2012/12/the-king-of-style-dressing-michael.html

c92fa-michael-and-george-bush-michael-jackson-31402109-316-447.jpg

shoulder pads and shoulder décor was to emphasize greatness and power... Throughout history rising the shoulders were always used to show dominance... You can go as far back as ancient history, it can be used to emphasize strength, power, greatness.. Michael was always well aware of the significance of rising shoulders..

In music he def. was not the first to do it, and he picked it up and continued it.. made it his style

Personally, I always thought Michael had the perfect male body frame. Broad, but not too broad shoulders, tiny waist, slim hips. The military style absolutely accentuates this.

That body frame turns my head every time-I blame my first crush-at 5 yrs. old-Prince Phillip in Sleeping Beauty for it.

Michael does indeed have the perfect body. in fact, he's the most perfect human being I have ever seen, I have never seen anyone even come close to being as perfect as him. he's perfect from top to toe, from back, front, sides, upside, downside. he's just perfect ok!!!!!!

Sorry for pushing the thread but does anyone know whether the photo is featured in one of Greg Gorman's published books (or in any other book/catalog)?

I absolutely love this shoot and it would be great to look at in a better quality.

Thanks for your help!! :)

Someone took a picture of this photo at an angle, that's why he appears thinner than he really is.

But here's my attempt at correcting the perspective:

151223015659947431.jpg

When the news first came out about this photo and I saw the images, I didn't really think it was Michael.
I thought it was some kind of edit or even a fake, with his face, on another's body.

I still find many aspects of the image to be a little "off'.

For example, what is the definite straight line on the chest, between light and darK? Is it vitiligo, is it some kind of reflection from the glass?
Why is there a straight line and then patchiness, at the top of it? Vitiligo doesn't really look like that. The feet look too big to be Michael's, in my opinion. The white arm-brace is nothing like the one he always wore.....there are no strappy bits wrapping around, attached with velcrose. Red leg-warmers?? Really?? When has he EVER worn those? Why would he pose in his underwear - what scenario would bring that about? Why does he look so angry?

I still haven't received any answers to my questions....just people saying it's definitely Michael....so....I've gradually accepted it, but the doubt still remains in the back of my mind.

There is no denying the beauty of it, though. Those thighzzzz definitely seem to be his.. OMG.

Back