Michael Jackson’s Thriller 3D

Just how are people (that have seen it) not talking about it? no word posted on facebook, forums, youtube reactions..

Really want this on 3D blu Ray. I have a Playstation VR and can watch 3D movies in it! :D

i swear the estate wont release oit worldwide! im telliin yall!

^ It's all about potential earnings after all costs... If they really believe people will pay for it, they will release accordingly.. Thankfully Thriller is the only project that does not get easily dismissed by most of the world. (including the US)

From the Estate:

If you are in Toronto and want to attend the North American Premiere of "Thriller 3D" at the Toronto International Film Fest, Look out for folks in the shirt attached (Black 'Scream' shirt, like the one for venice, but says 'Toronto) starting at 4 p.m. Sept 12)!

Below is a Google Maps link to where fans go to collect screening passes and wristbands for the party. It is Clarence Square Park at 25 Clarence Square in downtown Toronto.
· Because of the open bar at the party, only fans who are 19+ years of age will get wristbands for the party.
· Quantity is limited and will be on a first come, first serve basis.
· The people in the t-shirts will be there starting at 4:00 PM and when everything has been distributed, they will leave.

https://www.google.ca/…/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x882b34d9bcccb90d:… ****Note: seems to be unavailable.
See you tomorrow!

Copyright © 2017 The Estate of Michael Jackson, All rights reserved.
MJOnline The Official Online Team of The Michael Jackson Estate™

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="de"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">“Thriller 3D” makes its North American debut tonight at TIFF! Keep following for more news of other opportunities to watch the 3D short film <a href="https://t.co/oplg8JjTu8">pic.twitter.com/oplg8JjTu8</a></p>&mdash; Michael Jackson (@michaeljackson) <a href="https://twitter.com/michaeljackson/status/907642737511555073">12. September 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

i swear the estate wont release oit worldwide! im telliin yall!

I'd have to agree. The wording of their latest tweet indicates that too: "other opportunities" to me suggests other smallscale exhibitions like random film festivals/or playing in one of the world's 5 big cities.

It's a real pity as seeing Thriller in 3D in a movie theatre is really the only aspect of this whole project I'm interested in. Scream and the animated special don't interest me.

So how was the show ? It was screened yesterday at Toronto Festival and we have still no reviews or anything else about the restoration and 3D.
Unbelievable...

I'm confused. It doesn't take much to confuse me, granted, but this one has me stumped. I understand and support the Scream album. I'm excited by the promotion of it and genuinely look forward to buying it and watching the sales figures and chart positions.

It's Thriller 3D I don't understand.

Why go to all of the effort of restoring, remastering and creating what should be an awesome experience of you aren't going to share it with the world? From what we gather, there are no plans for a theatrical worldwide release. All of that energy and money to create something that will only be shown to selected audiences. Special 'city' events that may be attended overall by a few thousand fans?

Surely the estate have plans to share the masterpiece on a larger scale? If not on a general cinema release, some kind of Blu-ray package must be in the works? I guess we just sit and wait... Right? ?

Just how are people (that have seen it) not talking about it? no word posted on facebook, forums, youtube reactions..

That's what boggles me too.

I guess not too much has changed (whatever that surprise was meant to be). I mean, everyone's seen Thriller. 3D doesn't add much so no point reviewing it much.

Making of Thriller hasn't changed either.

Surely the estate have plans to share the masterpiece on a larger scale? If not on a general cinema release, some kind of Blu-ray package must be in the works? I guess we just sit and wait... Right? ?
I'm pretty sure there will be a Blu-ray release at some point. I will buy it if it has enough content and the price is right. I will wait it to get cheaper if they ask 20 euros for just one short film.

I'm pretty sure there will be a Blu-ray release at some point. I will buy it if it has enough content and the price is right. I will wait it to get cheaper if they ask 20 euros for just one short film.

Yeah, I imagine they'll bundle it with The Making Of. Still, they'll need to offer more than that to get me to purchase it.

Australian competition to win a trip to 'the exclusive LA scream event on 26th October'

Win a trip to LA to attend Michael Jackson's exclusive "Scream" event

Today Show
Tell us in 25 words or fewer what your favourite Michael Jackson song is and why?

Game of skill.

Open to residents of Australia aged 18 years and over.

Competition closes 15/09/17 at 4pm AEST. Competition judged 18/09/17 at 10:00am AEST.

Prize must be taken between 20/10/17 &#8211; 10/11/17 and must coincide with the exclusive LA event &#8216;SCREAM&#8217; on 26/10/17.

This competition is no way endorsed, sponsored or administered by Facebook.

2 x economy class return airfares from winner&#8217;s nearest capital city to Los Angeles, USA;
&#8226; return airport to accommodation transfers in Los Angeles;
&#8226; 5 nights 3.5 star accommodation in Los Angeles;
&#8226; AUD$3,000 spending money; and
&#8226; Attendance of the LA to attend the exclusive &#8216;SCREAM&#8217; event on 26/10/17 in LA
14. Additional pending money, meals, insurance, taxes (excluding airline taxes) transport to and from departure point, additional transfers, visas, vaccinations, items of a personal nature, in-room charges and all other ancillary costs are
not included. Prize must be taken between 20/10/17 &#8211; 10/11/17 and must coincide with the LA exclusive &#8216;SCREAM&#8217; event on 26/10/17.
15. The winner and their companion must depart from and return to the same
departure point and travel together.

http://www.competitions.com.au/win-...ichael-jacksons-exclusive-scream-event/32170/

This is a thread about Thriller 3D, not Scream.

This is a thread about Thriller 3D, not Scream.

I don't think the event will be a 'listening party' for the new album , do you???
Would fans be flown all the way from Australia to listen to tracks they already know and a mashup that's being advertised free??

(Did you notice that at the Venice and Toronto Thriller 3D premieres, the tickets were given out by staff wearing 'Scream' tee shirts?)

Last edited:
So still no word/no details from those who have seen it? reviews! nothing? It's like people are signing NDA's

Jesse Wente&#8207;&#61490;Verifizierter Account&#61593; @jessewente · 16 Std.Vor 16 Stunden
Just tested Michael Jackson's THRILLER 3D in @Dolby Atmos. Unbelievable. I mean, unbelievable.

MJFANGIRL.COM&#8207; @MJFanGirlBLOG · 12 Std.vor 12 Stunden

I'm overwhelmed. #Thriller3D was so much more than I could've imagined or hoped for. I've got the chills still... 3 hours later.

MJFANGIRL.COM&#8207; @MJFanGirlBLOG · 55 Min.Vor 55 Minuten

Will post my full review and thoughts on #Thriller3D AFTER plans for release have been announced. In other words- no spoilers from me!

It's Thriller 3D I don't understand.

Why go to all of the effort of restoring, remastering and creating what should be an awesome experience of you aren't going to share it with the world? From what we gather, there are no plans for a theatrical worldwide release. All of that energy and money to create something that will only be shown to selected audiences. Special 'city' events that may be attended overall by a few thousand fans?

Agreed. EVEN if they release it on Blu-ray it still begs the question, why the 3D conversion if only a handful of showings will take place in random locations?

everyone will have the opportunity to see it.. In what fashion is debatable, but they would not do this project without having the world being able to see it..

The festival screenings are to gauge interest from the audiences and promotion from the press.

Remember, Bad25 and Journey from Motown to Off The Wall were shown at festivals.

I was at the screening in Toronto. All I can say is that I really hope that they release it. Thriller 3D is unbelievably good on the big scream with the great sound. John Landis was there as well as Branca and the director of the Making of Thriller. Branca was actually asked if they are going to release Thriller 3D. I was seating directly behind the row reserved for Branca and other guests and saw clearly that they motioned to him not to answer. He dodged the questions. He was also asked about Dangerous 25 and joked that it is a bit too late, may be Dangerous 30 some day. He was asked if the Estate plans to restore (probably in 3D) other material. He mentioned "German concert" which I guess in Munich and, to my delight, Ghosts.
To summarize, I think this is absolutely great that the Thriller is restored to the former glory. As to the 3D, there were moments where I though it was too much, but overall it looked practically perfect. I do hope that they release it.
And sorry for my quite broken English.

He was asked if the Estate plans to restore (probably in 3D) other material. He mentioned "German concert"

Concert? restored? and maybe in 3D? That sounds good to me

looking.gif

It's going to be Munich 97. Nothing exciting there...
Lol they can make Munich 3D, but still can't give us an HD Bad/Dangerous tour concert

yes I know, but it still would be cool to see a full Michael Jackson concert in real HD.

Back