MJJCommunity Seeking New Person/Admin To Run Things.

Gaz

Owner And Founder
Staff member
Country
United-Kingdom
Hi Guys,

If you had not noticed I have been spending all but no time here, posting, mingling etc

Over the last couple of months/years due to the incessant hate etc I get for nothing more than wanting to try my best to either keep the place going on the shoe strings or to inject activity, I have lost a little interest. However, I will always love and honour MJ and MJJC, I am very proud of what I (from a tech and organisation point of view as I know MJJC is nothing without you guys) have created and still to this day this place is special to me, as I am sure it is many thousands of you.

I have over the last few months been thinking of closing and moving on away from the MJ community and MJJCommunity, however, there is always this pull of what I promised directly to MJ (yep we spoke) so rather than jump ship and close I want to find that someone special to run things here, I will still, of course, be the owner and founder, but I want to leave the running of the place to someone else (no medling from me), just one person to take this place forward, now the criteria is simple, you need to be majory active here, tolerant and enthusiastic about MJ and MJJC, bringing in a new and vibrant feel to the place, in short, you will have overall control in what happens around the place I will just leave you to it, success will be your goal by taking MJJC into a new era.

I want to hand over the whole day to day admin and running/organisation of MJJC to that long-term dedicated MJ/MJJC fan, you will be admin, have admin rights you can set the tone, decide on the forum sections, which to keep which to go, you can decide who is wanted here and who is not, how many mods you, I will not stand in your way - for me if its best for MJ and for MJJC that's all that matters.

So those of you who feel you can make a massive difference and put MJJC back in the number one place its always been drop me a line.

Like I say I will always continue to own and be the founder of MJJC, however, my time doing the fan club bits (other than the technical web development) is over!

So let me know guys...

Many Thanks
Gary

Hi Guys,

If you had not noticed I have been spending all but no time here, posting, mingling etc

Over the last couple of months/years due to the incessant hate etc I get for nothing more than wanting to try my best to either keep the place going on the shoe strings or to inject activity, I have lost a little interest. However, I will always love and honour MJ and MJJC, I am very proud of what I (from a tech and organisation point of view as I know MJJC is nothing without you guys) have created and still to this day this place is special to me, as I am sure it is many thousands of you.

I have over the last few months been thinking of closing and moving on away from the MJ community and MJJCommunity, however, there is always this pull of what I promised directly to MJ (yep we spoke) so rather than jump ship and close I want to find that someone special to run things here, I will still, of course, be the owner and founder, but I want to leave the running of the place to someone else (no medling from me), just one person to take this place forward, now the criteria is simple, you need to be majory active here, tolerant and enthusiastic about MJ and MJJC, bringing in a new and vibrant feel to the place, in short, you will have overall control in what happens around the place I will just leave you to it, success will be your goal by taking MJJC into a new era.

I want to hand over the whole day to day admin and running/organisation of MJJC to that long-term dedicated MJ/MJJC fan, you will be admin, have admin rights you can set the tone, decide on the forum sections, which to keep which to go, you can decide who is wanted here and who is not, how many mods you want, even old bans if you want to unban them and welcome them back it is your choice, I will not stand in your way - for me if its best for MJ and for MJJC that's all that matters.

So those of you who feel you can make a massive difference and put MJJC back in the number one place its always been drop me a line.

To apply simply pm or email me on gaz@mjjcommunity.com

So let me know guys...

Many Thanks
Gary
You have done a great job!!

It's sad to see one of the good guys forced into stepping away and it's disgraceful that you have had to deal with so much rubbish over the years, from ungrateful people. Sometimes this "job" is an all-consuming and thankless task and of course, you ultimately have to do what is right for yourself, Gaz....there's no use forcing the passion, if it's no longer there. You have done an amazing job, over a very long period of time and Michael would be proud of all you have achieved. I wish you all the best, as you move towards a new chapter of your life, both online and offline.

It's sad to see one of the good guys forced into stepping away and it's disgraceful that you have had to deal with so much rubbish over the years, from ungrateful people. Sometimes this "job" is an all-consuming and thankless task and of course, you ultimately have to do what is right for yourself, Gaz....there's no use forcing the passion, if it's no longer there. You have done an amazing job, over a very long period of time and Michael would be proud of all you have achieved. I wish you all the best, as you move towards a new chapter of your life, both online and offline.

Ok Mikky put a great idea over to me on email (many thanks) instead of just one we have a group of three admins running the place making decisions organising things etc etc, Mikky if you want to throw your hat into the mix as the first that would be great, I also have on my short list two others in mind who I will PM.

It’s not gonna be the same with you stepping down as Admin. of MJJC, I was really happy to get to know you a little better. But with all this craziness and the crap going on along the way which maybe unforgivable, but I can’t blame you for your decision to step down. I do hope someone will fill in the shoes to over the Admin. position and will do a fantastic job. I can still I consider you one of my finest friends I ever had. Seems like a new chapter will begin.

I want to thank you for everything you've done for the MJ fan community. I know harsh words have been exchanged between us in the past,but it's irrelevant to the incredible things you've done to keep this site & community thriving in the aftermath of Michael's passing and even before that. You've built an empire and you should definitely be proud of the things you've accomplished. Thank you so much for creating this space and creating this haven for MJ fans.

I wanted to stop back in and thank you for all your hard work and dedication to this site. Not an easy job to be sure and time changes things, which the man himself would understand and thank you. Wishing you peace and joy Gaz.

I wanted to stop back in and thank you for all your hard work and dedication to this site. Not an easy job to be sure and time changes things, which the man himself would understand and thank you. Wishing you peace and joy Gaz.

Gaz I've been coming to mjjc for what must be well over 10 years with one username or another. As a clue to one of my aliases i once sold you the mj opus for cost, rather than profit from it. We haven't always agreed but it's clear that this place would be nothing without your dedication and its sad that you'll step back from the day to day running. Mj doesnt have many online focal points for dedicated fans and this has been imo the best site for a long, long time. I hope that doesn't change. Once upon a time I visited many times a day and would have happily volunteered but I have a young family now and can't guarantee to dedicate the time it would need to do it properly. I hope the right candidates come forward. Whatever happens here on mjjc i wish you well.

like a few others, myself and Gaz have not always seen eye to eye. It was personal disagreements between myself and Gaz which lead to me not being here on MJJC for about 7 years and Ive only recently come back.

The fan community has always been like that, personal differences between fans,both in real life and online but the glue that holds us all together is Michael.

While I know myself and Gaz will never be friends, and in fact since I came back we agreed to not even interact here on MJJC I have to show respect for the creation of MJJC and the longivity of the site.

Its been a huge resource for the fan community and some of my happiest memories of the online fan community are those short few months of insane happiness between March 2009 and June 25 2009 here on MJJC.

Despite my personal issues with Gaz and decisions that were made with the running of MJJC during 2009/ 2010/ 2011/2012 it has always been a place I have recommended to people.

I just hope that you find a way to keep the website and the huge amount of Michael HIStory online, even if the forum becomes inactive (no I wont be that cruel, but I do remember Gaz)

Whatever Happens, Dont Let Go of MJJC

Gaz-you have done an incredible job and Michael would be quite proud.
I'm very thankful that the first online forum I ever found back in 2012, was this one. And it was just a lucky, fortunate accident.
It has given me many great moments of pleasure and I really thank you.

I just want to say that I think you made a tough decision there. :blush:
Sometimes life blows you in another direction and it's time to 'move on' and I do totally get it.

It makes me a little sad that you need to do this but if you feel it's the right thing to do then you just GO for it! You taught us to be free and to always do what you love to do! :punk:

Besides, MJJC will always be my home and it will always have a special place in my heart. :heart:
Yeah, I know you don't see me here often as I'm always 'rocking' the Social media :D

So, thank you for creating this awesome place and just a ' haven' for us to continue to uphold and honor MJ's legacy and that is what we'll do as we promised Michael (y)

Ok Mikky put a great idea over to me on email (many thanks) instead of just one we have a group of three admins running the place making decisions organising things etc etc, Mikky if you want to throw your hat into the mix as the first that would be great, I also have on my short list two others in mind who I will PM.

Sign me up, Gaz! I would be honoured, if the community is willing to give me a go! :)

For the members who are scratching their heads and thinking to themselves, who is this newbie: I was a foundation member of the beautiful online MJ Fan Club, Forum and Podcast, Positively Michael, which was started by a group of awesome, talented, passionate people who broke away from MJFC. Gaz had the pleasure of some warm communications and networking opportunities with the owners/administrators of "PosMike" as we affectionately called it and he and I have met each other through our communications on this site and on twitter and Facebook.

I was a moderator on Positively Michael for almost four years, before it (sadly and unfortunately) closed down. During the last eighteen months or so of its life, I was more or less running the site on my own, keeping the traditions and the vibe going that we, as a community, were committed to, right from the beginning. Since the site shut down, the PosMikers have been scattered around....searching for each other, I guess and searching for a new MJ Fanmily....a place to call "home". Some have landed here and some, in other places. I have divided my time between MJJC, twitter, the LSA MJ forum (lawd), as well as some MJ Fan Facebook groups (I am an Administrator of a few of them).

I am no stranger to what it takes to keep a forum running smoothly.....ensuring that the flow of communications is active, fresh, fun, welcoming, warm and free of stress! So if the beautiful community here is okay with it, I will do my utmost to keep the traditions of MJJC alive, whilst at the same time moving the site forward.

My vision....my dream for any MJ fan community, really, is to make it a safe haven.....a place where everyone can come together for the sake of celebrating their love and admiration for one amazing man. May it continue forever more and may THE FORCE be with us.

:love::cool::wub:

Last edited:
Sign me up, Gaz! I would be honoured, if the community is willing to give me a go! :)

For the members who are scratching their heads and thinking to themselves, who is this newbie: I was a foundation member of the beautiful online MJ Fan Club, Forum and Podcast, Positively Michael, which was started by a group of awesome, talented, passionate people who broke away from MJFC. Gaz had the pleasure of some warm communications and networking opportunities with the owners/administrators of "PosMike" as we affectionately called it and he and I have met each other through our communications on this site and on twitter and Facebook.

I was a moderator on Positively Michael for almost four years, before it (sadly and unfortunately) closed down. During the last eighteen months or so of its life, I was more or less running the site on my own, keeping the traditions and the vibe going that we, as a community, were committed to, right from the beginning. Since the site shut down, the PosMikers have been scattered around....searching for each other, I guess and searching for a new MJ Fanmily....a place to call "home". Some have landed here and some, in other places. I have divided my time between MJJC, twitter, the LSA MJ forum (lawd), as well as some private and/or closed MJ fan Facebook groups (I am an Administrator of one of them).

I am no stranger to what it takes to keep a forum running smoothly.....ensuring that the flow of communications is active, fresh, fun, welcoming, warm and stress free! So if the beautiful community here is okay with it, I will do my utmost to keep the traditions of MJJC alive, whilst at the same time moving the site forward.

My vision, my dream for any MJ fan community, really, is to make it a safe haven.....a place where everyone can come together for the sake of celebrating their love and admiration for one amazing man. May it continue forever more and may THE FORCE be with us.

:love::cool::wub:

Hi Mikky, superb news...

So happy that I can rely on you to take this place into a fresh and new journey in honour of Michael and MJJC, I am sure you will fit like a sparkly glove around here and I'm so very confident in your knowledge and ability in running a popular fan club like MJJC.

I believe I have another solid yes which will announce as soon as possible, so its just finding that third person to be a part of the new team for MJJC.

Of course I will continue to be owner of MJJC, I will continue to host it for free (of course if anyone wish to donate to help, sorry could not resist to put that here) from a tech standpoint if you wish to get me for any issue bugs or changes to the core workings of the site simply email me on gary@mjjcommunity.com

With that said let's all welcome Mikky to the admin team off MJJCommunity, I thank her massively to taking this on and I wish her and the other two (soon to be announced) my very best in continuing with MJJC success.

P.S. To all the messages here, I am very grateful and thankful you all have and continue to enjoy the place, I know out there will be haters who will read them and jump on the 'oh here we go let's polish gaz'a ego' this however could not be any further from the truth for me personally and clearly they don't know anything about me, I have never done this for myself hell this has been one thankless task with way to much crap thrown in my direction lol, at times I may have reacted rashly or eaten up by my passion for MJ and MJJC come across badly, but I sincerely mean that I only ever did this for MJ for MJJC and the fans.

Oh and moonstreet (don't worry I won't use your real name hahaa) don't worry about it, its all water under the bridge, but thank you, we certainly do go a longgggg way back so it will never be something that I would cause problems over.

So guys I will be making the changes over this week, if you have any issues you will see them on the site leaders page - http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showgroups.php

Hi Mikky, superb news...

So happy that I can rely on you to take this place into a fresh and new journey in honour of Michael and MJJC, I am sure you will fit like a sparkly glove around here and I'm so very confident in your knowledge and ability in running a popular fan club like MJJC.

Of course I will continue to be owner of MJJC, I will continue to host it for free (of course if anyone wish to donate to help, sorry could not resist to put that here) from a tech standpoint if you wish to get me for any issue bugs or changes to the core workings of the site simply email me on gary@mjjcommunity.com

With that said let's all welcome Mikky to the admin team off MJJCommunity, I thank her massively to taking this on and I wish her and the other two (soon to be announced) my very best in continuing with MJJC success.

Thank you for your kind welcome, Gaz.

It's good to know that you will still be in the background as a safety net for the new team (probably sipping beers on a beach somewhere....LMAO).

Just checking your e-mail....you've put it here, as gary@mjjcommunity.com but at the top of the thread, it's gaz@mjjcommunity.com

Is that just a mistake, or have you actually changed your e-mail, because I need to know that S.O.S. e-mails will actually reach you! Bahahaha!!

Last edited:
I haven't been here long with this time around but I would like to say a big Thank You to you Gaz for providing us with this place, for loving Michael and for being very welcoming when I first joined. This can't have been an easy decision for you to make. Take care x x x (p.s. can't believe you actually got to speak to MJ!).

Thank you for your hard work here Gaz.
I´m not a person who use to visit fanforums but this place has been special.

I remember when MJJF became MJJC... or however it was. I’m a little fuzzy on the details of that these days....anyway I’m not on here as often as I’d like but to see another era end in a way has me feeling lots of different things. Thanks for everything. Hopefully everything gets worked out and the transition to the next era of MJJC goes smoothly.

marialovesmjj;4216230 said:
I remember when MJJF became MJJC... or however it was. I’m a little fuzzy on the details of that these days....anyway I’m not on here as often as I’d like but to see another era end in a way has me feeling lots of different things. Thanks for everything. Hopefully, everything gets worked out and the transition to the next era of MJJC goes smoothly.

Lol the true story is in 2007 MJJF closed (then opened again shortly after for a select few) but a couple of us admins at the time created MJJC, members who were on the then closed MJJF as was MJNO previously then migrated across and MJJC was born, shortly after one by one all the admins (there was three of us) left leaving me all by myself.

Everything will be fine, I have every faith in those who will be taking the fan club forward whilst I will be focusing on other things, this place will always be mine I just won't be a part of its day to day runnings.

Gaz, as someone from mjjf to mjjc - I just want to say I've appreciated the home created for us. While some may have disagreed with choices made, It's been an honor participating in the ventures that this site/forum has taken. I honestly don't remember how long I've been a member, (previously 'kop2300' I think it was) staring around 2002/03..

I remember searching around for a place to socialize with MJ fans around the world, visited many and THIS is the only place that I have stayed and truly felt proud to be a part of. I've had a blast sharing stories, news, and info with fellow fans.

Thank you for having a place for us to get excited for Michael related projects and a place to speak about our sadness through various trials, tribulations.. and Michaels passing..

I'll always rep MJJC, large part because of the way you've ran it!

I guess I'll leave this note with the two vids I created back in '07 to rep/promote MJJC!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ifju1bsnZwE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifyPio3fOY4

With all my heart, Thank you!

Lol the true story is in 2007 MJJF closed (then opened again shortly after for a select few) but a couple of us admins at the time created MJJC, members who were on the then closed MJJF as was MJNO previously then migrated across and MJJC was born, shortly after one by one all the admins (there was three of us) left leaving me all by myself.

Everything will be fine, I have every faith in those who will be taking the fan club forward whilst I will be focusing on other things, this place will always be mine I just won't be a part of its day to day runnings.

I remember this all too well. I was lost when MJNO closed but then I was 'redirected' to MJJC and I always cherish the fact that Gaz gave me such a warm welcome and a place to belong to.

Long live MJJC :clap:

Gaz, as someone from mjjf to mjjc - I just want to say I've appreciated the home created for us. While some may have disagreed with choices made, It's been an honor participating in the ventures that this site/forum has taken. I honestly don't remember how long I've been a member, (previously 'kop2300' I think it was) staring around 2002/03..

I remember searching around for a place to socialize with MJ fans around the world, visited many and THIS is the only place that I have stayed and truly felt proud to be a part of. I've had a blast sharing stories, news, and info with fellow fans.

Thank you for having a place for us to get excited for Michael related projects and a place to speak about our sadness through various trials, tribulations.. and Michaels passing..

I'll always rep MJJC, large part because of the way you've ran it!

I guess I'll leave this note with the two vids I created back in '07 to rep/promote MJJC!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ifju1bsnZwE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifyPio3fOY4

With all my heart, Thank you!

Goshhhh wow, now you have brought a bit of a tear to this old fella's eye, you know when all you hear are the screams (clearly they are not very nice people anyway) it tends to cloud the real voices of this place, I am absolutely thankful for saying what you have and I do firmly believe many thousands more feel the same, so in essence I do right by the majority, however contrary to what my haters think I have never ever wanted to make this place about me, nor my (which I dont have) collossal eg, this place has been nothing short of something I have always wanted to give back to Michael, he did so much for me over my life it was a no brainer once I learnt how to design and develop websites, but It's like I always say this is nothing short of a promise, to him and to you the fans, this place is about you its for you and its only you that make it what it is, I know they won't listen or beleive a singel word I say but tbh F*ck them I don't care what they say out there, I know the real voices of this place the real commUNTIY spirit is in you me and everyone else both past and present here at MJJC.

Again I can't thank you enough MJJC is truly a place we can 'ALL' be proud of.

Wanted to drop by and thank you Gary, for all you've done for the site. MJJF and later MJJC were my online home for many years. When tragedy struck on June 25th I was here like so many of us. Minute by minute we all went through it together. The disbelief, the hope, the despair and eventually the grief. I honestly don't think I would have been able to deal with that night and the aftermath if it wasn't for everyone here.

So, thank you. I'm not as active and I disappear from time to time but always find my way back.

I hope your decision brings you relief and peace. Thank you again for all you've done and continue to do Gary.

Dutchie.

I was from MJJF. Thank you Gaz. Where is MsTenda now?

Oh wow, this really brought back so many memories. I just realized that I've been part of the MJ online community for over 15 years now :eek:! I remember the old days of MJNO. I also used to get texts called 'MJNI Hot Shots' on my old phone whenever there were news posts on the site :D! Good times..

Sorry you are leaving Gaz . I thank you so much for giving me a place to go where I feel safe as an MJ fan . The support and comfort I have got from all the folks here during the trial, and on the tragic day of Mjs passing and during the Conrad Murray and the all the highs and lows and bits in between have enchanted my life and I look back at those times with great fondness and respect for all here at MJJC.
I have some incredible discussions with some very lovely people and I love that we respect MJ and that we all came together during the tough times as well as the great ones. I faintly remember Sneddon tried to scare us a bit by mentioning MJJC in one of his court documents? That just shows what an incredible community we are .
Also Michael being a member here further proves what a great forum you have built here Gaz.
I wish you lots of luck and happiness for the future.
I went away and came back a few times and have been lurking and just enjoying reading the forum.
I'm going through a lot of chronic health challenges so the forum here is important to me.
X

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, it's official. Gaz has turned the reins over to me and thus, I am now an Administrator of MJJC. :hellov1:

I am honoured that he has placed his trust in me and I will not fail him, or the community, when fulfilling my duties and living up to my responsibilities. As he has said, Gaz still is and always will be the original, one and only owner and founder of MJJC. My hope is that the transition will be smooth, seamless and largely unnoticeable to the rank and file members of this wonderful MJ fan club and forum.

I am usually a prolific poster, so everyone can expect to see me out and about in threads, communicating with people, keeping topics and discussions fresh, positive and fast-moving. I like to get to know members and become familiar with their personalities, through their posting styles; I want to help them as much as possible, therein creating a warm, "family" atmosphere; and most of all, I will always work hard to keep "the front desk" looking professional and inviting, at all times.

I am dedicated, passionate, consistent, forthright and strong. I'm also rather fun-loving and cheeky, at times. I'm going to settle in and feel my way around my new role here, for (quite) a few days, but when the weekend arrives, I think I shall create a party thread. Lol.

See you in the threads, everyone!

c1baba0c-2e61-464f-821d-9475d8c4ccbc.png

Mikky Dee;4216800 said:
Well, it's official. Gaz has turned the reins over to me and thus, I am now an Administrator of MJJC. :hellov1:

I am honoured that he has placed his trust in me and I will not fail him, or the community, when fulfilling my duties and living up to my responsibilities. As he has said, Gaz still is and always will be the original, one and only owner and founder of MJJC. My hope is that the transition will be smooth, seamless and largely unnoticeable to the rank and file members of this wonderful MJ fan club and forum.

I am usually a prolific poster, so everyone can expect to see me out and about in threads, communicating with people, keeping topics and discussions fresh, positive and fast-moving. I like to get to know members and become familiar with their personalities, through their posting styles; I want to help them as much as possible, therein creating a warm, "family" atmosphere; and most of all, I will always work hard to keep "the front desk" looking professional and inviting, at all times.

I am dedicated, passionate, consistent, forthright and strong. I'm also rather fun-loving and cheeky, at times. I'm going to settle in and feel my way around my new role here, for (quite) a few days, but when the weekend arrives, I think I shall create a party thread. Lol.

See you in the threads, everyone!

c1baba0c-2e61-464f-821d-9475d8c4ccbc.png

You did a great job over on PosMike so I’m sure you’ll do great things here.

Welcome Mikky Dee :clap: to this wonderful HOME. I hope you have lots of fun here and take MJJC to new heights of glory!

I look forward to getting to know you too. :blush:
All we do is in Michael's name. (y)

Have a great day!
:girlhappy:

waves hi Mikky Dee, another member from Pos Mike, I found you guys when things went, ahem , uncomfortable, cough, around here. The vibe and atmosphere on there was refreshing and alot more welcoming. Looking forward to you bringing the sunshine and warmth from Australia and giving MJJC a new lease of life :)

Back