The Jacksons announce 50th anniversary Canada and UK tour - [UPDATED] Tour dates post #14

I had tickets to this in Glasgow. The concert was billed as an outdoor, by the river, 'all day' event. They had numerous DJs/acts billed with it culminating in the Jacksons as 'headliners'. The event was to start at 1600 on the Sunday.

Maybe 3 or 4 weeks before the date they announced that the venue had now been changed due to 'circumstances' which they did not detail. So the event was now moving indoors to a standard concert venue in the city. And without any fanfare, the event start time was changed to 1900. Firstly it annoyed me that they changed the venue which changed the complexion of the whole event, but they also reduced the event time by 3 hours, didn't explain why and didn't change the ticket price. Despite all of that I elected to retain my ticket despite refunds being offered no questions asked.

Four days before the concert Ticketmaster announced they were reducing the price from £43 to £25 - one can only assume in a desperate attempt to sell tickets and fill the venue. At this point, I asked for a refund. Charging people nearly double the price for their tickets simply because they bought early is completely unacceptable.

I was really disappointed in how the whole thing was handled which my hunch tells me was a result of poor ticket sales from day one.

Reviews from Haydock park:

Despite the typical rainy weather, people from across the region still came to the soggy grounds of Haydock Park Racecourse to admire and celebrate 50 years of the timeless Jackson's.

Playing the hits and the classics, a diversity of ages attended--the kids, the youths, the adults and the grandparents.

It was definitely a show for all.

Kicking off with 'Can You Feel It', the crowd screamed and cheered for the return of the Indiana brothers.

Jermaine, Jackie, Tito and Marlon wore sparkling black leather outfits and still managed to break out into their legendary dance moves as they sang some favourable songs such as 'Rock With You', 'Blame It on the Boogie', 'I Want You Back' and 'ABC'.

It was crazy to think that they were the real Jacksons, the real brothers who made music history and who still sit today in the Hollywood Walk of Fame, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and even the Grammy Hall of Fame.

And one couple thought they would seize the moment whilst the Jackson's were in town.

Jermaine took to the stage to congratulate Scott and Sharon who had purposely married at Haydock Park Racecourse yesterday to have their big day at the Jacksons concert.

The night went on.

Behind the brothers, a roll of home videos and a real insight into their lives as there were interviews with their father Joe Jackson.

Jermaine said: "You can reminisce with us, those great, great memories."

The night was emotional, and tearful for some as Jermaine lead a beautiful tribute to their late younger brother Michael.

Singing Michael's powerful ballad, 'Gone Too Soon', videos and photographs of the late King of Pop were beamed onto huge screens across the racecourse as Jermaine looked up to the sky in prayer.

As the night came to an end, The Jacksons wanted to introduce their band and thank them for their performances.

With most of them coming all the way from Memphis, Tennessee, The Jacksons' keyboardist didn't have to travel quite as far as he was from Liverpool!

The Jacksons delivered a truly memorable and incredible performance after 50 years of singing, dancing and creating music.

http://www.purplerevolver.com/music...ars-of-music-at-haydock-park-racecourse-.html

It looks as though Tito may be 'gearing up' for a UK tour (for his album) in 2018 :
(Has anyone been to these 'Butlins' event before? Are they well run? Doesn't seem like the usual kind of venue....? Also maybe a little unusual to tour a new album under a 'We love the 70's' banner? )

Looks like Tito is sharing the weekend with Jimmy Osmond (Wasn't Jimmy part of the MJ concert tour team /management at one point?)

We Love the 70s - 16 Mar 2018
Join us at Butlins Skegness for a break showcasing some of the biggest and best stars of the 70s.
This is your chance to see some amazing live performances from brilliant headliners and supporting acts. And with plenty of fun activities taking place throughout the day, all included in the price, we can't think of a better way to spend the weekend. This break is fancy dress friendly, so get busy planning your outfits!
Sign-up to our e-newsletter to be the first to know who'll be headlining on this break.
from only£108per person for 3 nights
HEADLINERS
The Jimmy Osmond Show
Tito Jackson In Concert

https://www.bigweekends.com/your-break/178662

http://[URL=https://imageshack.com/i/pmOiOC2aj][/URL]

Last edited:
ChrisC;4198904 said:
I had tickets to this in Glasgow. The concert was billed as an outdoor, by the river, 'all day' event. They had numerous DJs/acts billed with it culminating in the Jacksons as 'headliners'. The event was to start at 1600 on the Sunday.

Maybe 3 or 4 weeks before the date they announced that the venue had now been changed due to 'circumstances' which they did not detail. So the event was now moving indoors to a standard concert venue in the city. And without any fanfare, the event start time was changed to 1900. Firstly it annoyed me that they changed the venue which changed the complexion of the whole event, but they also reduced the event time by 3 hours, didn't explain why and didn't change the ticket price. Despite all of that I elected to retain my ticket despite refunds being offered no questions asked.

Four days before the concert Ticketmaster announced they were reducing the price from £43 to £25 - one can only assume in a desperate attempt to sell tickets and fill the venue. At this point, I asked for a refund. Charging people nearly double the price for their tickets simply because they bought early is completely unacceptable.

I was really disappointed in how the whole thing was handled which my hunch tells me was a result of poor ticket sales from day one.
Wow, that really is unacceptable. Did you state why you asked for a refund in your e-mail, and did you receive a reply?

It's a shame that you had to miss the concert because of something like this. I saw the brothers perform twice and really enjoyed both shows.

ChrisC;4198904 said:

I can completely understand your frustration- that is not acceptable. There are a few things that left a sour taste in my mouth about this tour too, but nothing like what you have written above. The Glasgow show clearly had chronic ticket sales. Plain as day. They should then NOT have been allowed to sell tickets at half price. I would have been sick about this.

Regarding the Blenheim show, this was originally billed as "The only chance to see the Jacksons in a headline slot, even though they will perform several festivals". I noticed that their set time was the exact same as all others advertised closer to the event. I emailed Nocturne Events, and told them this was clearly false advertising, and people would have bought tickets based on this (I know I did...). One of the other shows even got a LONGER set than Blenheim. I would have much preferred a standing event than Blenheim. They got back and just said they would pass on my frustration.

Not to mention the Jacksons came on 10 minutes late, and finished early, after a 20 minute Shake Your Body. (with a video interlude...)

I'm glad to have seen them, but unless they sort their sh!t out and learn how to organise a Tour like a decent band, I wouldn't pay anything more than €40.00 to see them. They aren't worth any more than that. Certainly not the €90 I paid.

UK TV:
Jermaine Jackson will join the judges for the finale of BBC One TV show Pitch Battle on Saturday 22 July. Pitch Battle is showcasing the UK's best vocal groups who battle it out to win a cash prize.

Someone uploaded most of the Blenheim Palace show on Youtube, and I have ripped the audio and done a few edits.

If people would like me to upload, just let me know

UK BBC radio interview with Tito and Jermaine (only available to hear in the UK, I think)

'When the media were manipulating the minds of people, Michael was touching the hearts of people'.........

https://www.bbc.co.uk/events/evfwhn... more&&ns_fee=0#post_5975f378e4b0c2b9f1262e16

The Jacksons joined Craig Charles to chat as part of their 50th Anniversary World Tour
In celebration of their 50th anniversary, the Jacksons are on a world tour.

Brothers Jermaine, Tito, Jackie and Marlon stopped off at Glastonbury Festival a few weeks back and will play a handful of other UK dates including Live Wire Festival and Carfest South.

This weekend*, Jermaine and Tito popped into the studio for a chat with 6 Music DJ Craig Charles on his Funk and Soul show.

Listen above as they discuss their history, music, brother Michael and their incredible success.

(* Actually a couple of weeks ago I think, as Tito has been back in the States for a while)

Wow, that really is unacceptable. Did you state why you asked for a refund in your e-mail, and did you receive a reply?

It's a shame that you had to miss the concert because of something like this. I saw the brothers perform twice and really enjoyed both shows.

Sorry I just saw this. When I asked for my refund I merely stated I was unable to attend the new venue. It may have complicated matters if I stated I was asking for a refund based on the new reduced pricing - can you imagine if everyone did that?

August events with Tito:

Take a tour of the Cowboys Stadium and take pictures with our featured celebrities Tito Jackson on the field where the Dallas Cowboys play. Prizes will be given away as well as school supplies.

DATE AND TIME
Fri, August 11, 2017
12:00 PM – 4:00 PM CDT
Add to Calendar
Dallas Cowboys Stadium
1 AT&T Way
Arlington, TX 76011
United States
View Map

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Jacksons are to perform and receive the Lifetime Achievement Award honoring their 50th Anniversary at the Black Music Honors taping on Friday, August 18th at 7pm at the Tennessee Performing Arts Center in Nashville!

Tickets are on sale now at www.tpac.org or by calling 615-782-4040. Black Music Honors is a 2-hour television special honoring legendary African American icons who have influenced and made significant contributions to American music.

Last edited:
Back