OCC/ITV: VOTE for Billie Jean as Best #1 single in UK [Voting closed]

SimoneMJJ

Proud Member
Michael Jackson's Billie Jean takes 2nd Place - Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody # One

To celebrate 60 years of the British singles chart, the OCC and ITV have decided to let the public choose the best # 1 of all time.

Obviously, there will be no more than 1.200 songs, but only the most representative of each year, chosen by a panel of experts which includes Stewart Copeland (drummer of The Police), Shaznay Lewis (former singer of All Saints), Beverley Knight and many more ...

Michael represents the 1983 with Billie Jean. VOTE and spread the word!

http://www.itv.com/nationsfavouritenumberonevote/default.html

P.S. To vote you have to compile a top 10, put Billie Jean in the lead, followed by what you want (if you do not like anything, you put songs that you think will not be voted by fans).

Re: OCC/ITV: Vote for Billie Jean as Best #1 single of all time in UK

Done, this is a worthwhile cause, it's one of the UK's most popular channels :)

P.S. you can vote for Billie Jean 10 times I did.

Done, this is a worthwhile cause, it's one of the UK's most popular channels :)

P.S. you can vote for Billie Jean 10 times I did.

Are you sure they don't cancel out the vote? :D

However, this is the first round and will end on 6th July. After this date, there will be a second and final round with the final top 10.

Voted.

Important poll just because it's going to be televised.

Are you sure they don't cancel out the vote? :D

However, this is the first round and will end on 6th July. After this date, there will be a second and final round with the final top 10.

I don't think so, it doesn't say you can't vote for the same song anyway. It said my votes were submitted anyway.

Voted

I don't think so, it doesn't say you can't vote for the same song anyway. It said my votes were submitted anyway.

I would be amazed if they didn't run a filter to remove all those votes where people used the same song for all ten choices. They should have set the page up so that you HAVE to choose 10 songs and when a song had been chosen once it is removed from the list. That would stop all cheating.

No cheating on that poll:)
I voted yesterday (Billie J 10 times) and tried to vote again today but got the following message:
"This email address has already been used. Max number of votes reached."

Carlton.gif

I made up an email and name and it let me to vote again:D
Carlton can pick himself up from the floor and do his dance
carltondance1.gif

Last edited:

[h=2]Thank you for your vote.[/h][h=4]Check back on the 2nd of July to vote for your favourite Number One from the final Top Ten![/h]

Voted!

I got in touch with Itv to see if could vote ten times in the same single, then sent me a link of the terms and conditions specific to the voting that only says that may only place one vote per email address in each of the rounds of voting.

http://www.itv.com/termsandconditio...avouritenumberonesinglevoteterms/default.html

I suggest then, for those who have more than one e-mail vote, let's spread to our friends the poll, Billie Jean deserves to go to the next stage.

This will be nice to do, this will probably be watched by millions :)

Get voting guys!

I got in touch with Itv to see if could vote ten times in the same single, then sent me a link of the terms and conditions specific to the voting that only says that may only place one vote per email address in each of the rounds of voting.

http://www.itv.com/termsandconditio...avouritenumberonesinglevoteterms/default.html

I suggest then, for those who have more than one e-mail vote, let's spread to our friends the poll, Billie Jean deserves to go to the next stage.

I voted yesterday with my own email account, but today the site told me that my vote was not accepted as email I used was used already for voting. I thought of it for a while, then decided to try made up name and account, that worked and my vote was accepted again. I don't think they are going to check every single email whether is real or not?

I voted yesterday with my own email account, but today the site told me that my vote was not accepted as email I used was used already for voting. I thought of it for a while, then decided to try made up name and account, that worked and my vote was accepted again. I don't think they are going to check every single email whether is real or not?

I think that maybe they have some form electronic of check the e-mails repeated and delete in the counting the votes surpluses (but i don't know if it exists), because it is with the emails that I think that the votes are being counted.
We need more people voting with their emails, I have two and already used to vote.

voted !! I used five emails :D !!

voted!!

Yeeeh have voted, Billie Jeans sure to win!!!!!!!

Up :)

Other 3 days to the end of the first round :)

Any news on this, is Michael's Billie Jean going to be on the next round too?

Billie Jean is short listed :clapping:

You can check all the shortlisted songs by decade here:http://www.itv.com/nationsfavouritenumberone/thesingles/
Billie Jean can be found from 1980's :clapping:

After seeing NME's list for Ultimate Icon's, I'm not hopeful at all that Billie Jean would win :scratch:

After seeing NME's list for Ultimate Icon's, I'm not hopeful at all that Billie Jean would win :scratch:

yup, i agree.
What happens now, when do we continue voting? I can only see the shortlisted songs...

Back