Bruno Mars: Every artist should want to be like Michael Jackson

to be anywhere close to michael, bruno should write his own songs BY HIMSELF for starters.

e.g. Locked Out of heaven:
Writer(s) Mark Ronson, Jeff Bhasker, Emile Haynie, Bruno Mars, Philip Lawrence, Ari Levine

-_-

Yes, because we all know Michael wrote ALL his songs all by himself :rolleyes2:. Give the guy a break, he's only just released his second album and maybe he's more comfortable writing with his Hooligans. Nothing wrong with that. A good song is a good song, no matter who writes it.

He never said he wants to be MJ but nobody can deny that in the music world, MJ is the one to look up to. Obviously there will never be another Michael Jackson, however Bruno Mars is getting way too little credit imo.

Bruno Mars is talented but it's annoying when he throws all that talent out the window and makes crappy songs like Grenade and The Lazy Song. Luckily his more recent stuff is a huge improvement over that

Got Bruno's new album and there is a track that sounds so much like an 'Off the Wall' track. It's an ecclectic mix of tracks - none of them sound very original. Each and every track sounds like Bruno trying to sound like someone else... The Police, UB40 etc ... Doesn't sound current ... Sounds like another era entirely. That's not to say it isn't enjoyable to listen to-it is. I just don't think he has even a fraction of the talent Michael had and he's not all he's cracked up to be.

great comments Bruno:) I'm really glad to see artists so interested in quality!

Got Bruno's new album and there is a track that sounds so much like an 'Off the Wall' track. It's an ecclectic mix of tracks - none of them sound very original. Each and every track sounds like Bruno trying to sound like someone else... The Police, UB40 etc ... Doesn't sound current ... Sounds like another era entirely. That's not to say it isn't enjoyable to listen to-it is. I just don't think he has even a fraction of the talent Michael had and he's not all he's cracked up to be.

The man is making the current pop consumers aware what real POP MISIC sounds like.

I respect him for that.

popcorn-MJ.gif

He's right. Regardless of what genre of music you do, you should always strive to be the best, it's what Michael did. So in a way, all artists should want to be like Michael Jackson. I know I do.

Back