Beautiful Interview from Lady Gaga on MJ/Blog from Darren Hayes

[video=youtube;Oc0NAOErcNw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oc0NAOErcNw#t=3713[/video]

Darren Hayes ‏@darrenhayes
Really touched by this interview by @ladygaga where she talks about @michaeljackson

http://darrenhayes.tumblr.com/post/66941493392/gaga-on-michael-jackson-i-really-believed-that

GaGa On Michael Jackson:
”I really believed that the world killed him. I believe so strongly that he died of a broken heart”

I was so touched by the words spoken by Lady Ga Ga in this interview with Howard Stern I wanted to share them.

You know I’m a massive Michael Jackson fan. The reasons go beyond his magical talent and abilities and I don’t need to constantly explain it beyond saying his music and his imagination were a saviour to me when I was hurting as a child. He was my first hero. He reminded me constantly that you didn’t have to look a certain way or act in a certain manner or fit in to be special. When I was being bullied at school I’d go home and find so much inspiration from Michael’s extraordinary spirit. When I was 15 his posters were like a big brother, a father, best friend and hero all wrapped up in one. When he died, like many people, I was in shock and I broke down when I watched his funeral. I felt that the world had killed him.

This interview with Lady Ga Ga is the first time I’ve ever heard someone describe my hero in the way I felt about him and I cried hearing her compassion about his legacy. You can hear these excerpts at the 55.53 mark and again at 59.10 But what she did to preserve his costumes and his legacy is wonderful.

lady_gaga_buys_55_items_from_michael_jackson_memorabilia_at_juliens_auction_s2vye.jpg

Darren&MichaelBush.jpg

Joe Vogel ?@JoeVogel1 6h

"I really believe that the world killed him." @ladygaga on @michaeljackson

Really heartfelt stuff from Darren Hayes. I think a lot of us feel that way..

respect77;3930086 said:
Actually, only the first sentence is Gaga. The rest is Darren Hayes (the singer of Savage Garden).
If you watch the video the whole paragraph he posted is Gaga. She also goes on to speak about why she bought his costumes.

You know I’m a massive Michael Jackson fan. The reasons go beyond his magical talent and abilities and I don’t need to constantly explain it beyond saying his music and his imagination were a saviour to me when I was hurting as a child. He was my first hero. He reminded me constantly that you didn’t have to look a certain way or act in a certain manner or fit in to be special. When I was being bullied at school I’d go home and find so much inspiration from Michael’s extraordinary spirit. When I was 15 his posters were like a big brother, a father, best friend and hero all wrapped up in one. When he died, like many people, I was in shock and I broke down when I watched his funeral. I felt that the world had killed him.

If you watch the video the whole paragraph he posted is Gaga. She also goes on to speak about why she bought his costumes.

that is so cool of her! How did Stern respond?

Wow. This just shows that extraordinarily high amount of respect Gaga has for both Michael Jackson and his clothes.

I remember when the news broke out that she had worn the clothes once or twice while recording some music and a large number of fans got pissed at her. The way they were going on about it was as if she had just killed someone, going on about how she had no respect etc but you can see here that she really, really cares about Michael and takes proper care of his clothes. Judging by how she talked about the clothes, it's obvious she has an immense appreciation for the art that they are, and if she were to wear them the one or two times she did, no doubt she had the utmost respect for them whilst doing so.

Because Gaga not only takes proper care of the clothes but also has such a true appreciation for the art that his clothes are, I'd much rather Michael's clothes be with her than in the hands of some random who just sees it as some object of value they might be able to resell in the future for possibly even more money.

In what has been a pretty negative year for MJ, with the trial and lawsuits and all, it's good to hear about positive things like these every once in a while. Thank you Gaga :)

Gaga is absolutely right. The world killed MJ and killed slowly over the years. God, it's hard to think about it. Breaks my heart even more. :cry: *big sigh*

I'm happy because she is always so respectful about Michael. :heart: God bless her. :angel:

That one sentence is the truth. She understands. Michael was bullied in his life. People go on and on about how wrong bullying is and yet so many are guilty of it. They called him names, made fun of his looks, his clothes, the things he liked and his hobbies. Everything was picked on. Murray killed Michael but the world was killing him inside. Thank god he had his children to give him love and strength. I always would say to myself why can't people just leave him alone.

People want to think the worst of Michael but they know nothing about him and just believe the bullies versions of things. I hope as time goes by that more and more people will see how badly Michael was treated. The world owes Michael a huge apology in my mind. I will never forget what they did to him. I think that's why as fans we get defensive or protective of Michael a little more than others. We remember all of it.

Thanks to Lady Gaga for saying that and taking good care of his clothes. Also for saying that on Howard Stern show of all people.

Thanks. I didn't watch the video because I did not want to hear Howard Stern. From the quotation marks it seemed only the first sentence is Gaga.

Thanks. I didn't watch the video because I did not want to hear Howard Stern. From the quotation marks it seemed only the first sentence is Gaga.

Yeah, if you just wanna listen to Michael-related stuff, just stick for 5-6 minutes after 55:20 or whatever. They often go back to the topic of MJ in that part :)

Beautiful words from Lady Gaga. She is an artists who understood that Michael's costumes are important to be preserved and someday they'll be put in the museum. She also said she made a donation to charity that Michael supported :bow:

Is this an older interview as Howard asked her about Paris cutting herself?
Anyways what she said about kids, she was right.

Beautiful words from Lady Gaga. She is an artists who understood that Michael's costumes are important to be preserved and someday they'll be put in the museum. She also said she made a donation to charity that Michael supported :bow:

Is this an older interview as Howard asked her about Paris cutting herself?
Anyways what she said about kids, she was right.

It's from the 12th of November :)

Really good words on our beloved Michael.
People like Gaga can change alot in the current system about Michael, people's opinion about him so yeah I like what she did.
People who stands up for Michael now are not to late, we have to protect his legacy and with performers around the world, the legacy will be protected. Of course it would have been awesome if performers would stand up in the years Michael was here as human being, but I think Michael still get alot of shit on him by media, stupid people, people who don't respect the ones who passed away. So better late than never.

Btw, don't scroll down the page on youtube, stupid ignorance people are making stupid comments about him.
I hate that.

Of course it would have been awesome if performers would stand up in the years Michael was here as human being, but I think Michael still get alot of shit on him by media, stupid people, people who don't respect the ones who passed away. So better late than never.

Btw, don't scroll down the page on youtube, stupid ignorance people are making stupid comments about him.
I hate that.

Yeah, I don't blame Gaga for not really speaking up about MJ when he was still alive (though she might've ? Idk), after all she was barely a year into her stardom when he passed so yeah. I wish more established famous people spoke up in support of him when he was still alive. Poor guy. He must've felt like the whole world was against him every day when he woke up :cry:

And yeah, most of YouTube's comments are blah. Very rarely do you find decent discussions in there, sadly. I just ignore the idiots who try to 'troll' and talk shit about stuff they know nothing about. After all, what can ya do...

jz9ZePr.gif

^^ I agree. We (all of us) cannot change the past but we can change the future.

HIStoric;3930231 said:
Yeah, I don't blame Gaga for not really speaking up about MJ when he was still alive (though she might've ? Idk), after all she was barely a year into her stardom when he passed so yeah. I wish more established famous people spoke up in support of him when he was still alive. Poor guy. He must've felt like the whole world was against him every day when he woke up :cry:

American singer Lady Gaga, real name Stefani Germanotta, became hysterical when she heard about the death of King of Pop Michael Jackson.

Lady Gaga, 23, who was in a flood of tears, refused to give any interviews prior to her Glastonbury debut on June 26.

She even refused to leave her tour bus, and spent the time instead talking with a producer friend.

“GaGa was hysterical with grief. She could not be consoled and spent the day on the phone to her producer Red One in America,” the Sun quoted a source as saying.

“They penned hits Poker Face and Just Dance together. He had been working with Michael on new material recently and was beside himself,” the source added.

http://www.sify.com/movies/*****s-death-leaves-lady-gaga-hysterical-news-hollywood-kkfrLHbddji.html

Madonna said in her VMA tribute to MJ:
"I had abandoned him." That we had abandoned him. That we had allowed this magnificent creature who had once set the world on fire to somehow slip through the cracks. While he was trying to build a family and rebuild his career, we were all passing judgement. Most of us had turned our backs on him."

She was right, and it is what I believe what happened, and as Healthy Living magazine wrote:
"to make us believe in him, he needed to die"

Last edited:
I hope as time goes by that more and more people will see how badly Michael was treated. The world owes Michael a huge apology in my mind. I will never forget what they did to him. I think that's why as fans we get defensive or protective of Michael a little more than others. We remember all of it.

Yes, we do! And let us never ever ever forget his treatment while he was alive! As far as his legacy goes I believe that his own words and his art speak for themselves. It is lovely of Lady Gaga to talk about him like that but where those are concerned who talked badly about Michael when he could listen and be hurt by it I could never care about what those people have to say about Michael today. I think they already showed their true character then. That is why I could never read Aphrodite Jones' book without reservations for example.

kind words from Gaga.. Her and the singer from Savage Garden sound more loving and kind than MJ's own family did about him.

She talks about buying the clothes and putting them in temperature controlled rooms...but doesn't comment on wearing them to record her album.

Still, respect to her for the lovely comments.

I read the Madonna comment above and I start crying again. After 4 years I still cry easily over Michael. People treated him so badly that it's hard to get pass that.

Back