[ Pretrial Discussion Closed ] AEG files summary judgment motion to dismiss Katherine's lawsuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [General Pretrial Discussion] AEG files summary judgment motion to dismiss Katherine's lawsuit

I really do not know what good can come out of this. At best, they might get a few millions (I really don't see it though) and what good is that to anyone? The estate is already worth so much and this isn't going to bring our Michael back. The doctor's been locked up, I don't know what else they wish to do?

This just puts Michael's reputation in danger...again.

The whole thing is so tragic but the doctor went to jail and at least his kids are financially protected. Jacksons, let it go.

Sunwalker7;3815219 said:
This is pretty much what this boils down to for me. I don’t care about Katherine or her cubs or their financial situation. I only care about Michael and his legacy. And no matter who wins this lawsuit, Michael will lose. Doesn’t Katherine see that, or doesn’t she care?

Michael has been viciously attacked for decades now, his reputation torn to shreds, every little thing about him, his personality, health, appearance and private life has been mocked, criticized and made fun of for years and years. It just makes me really sad and tired.

This lawsuit will damage Michael. We already see it happening, and it will just get worse. And it’s not even just that we have to endure media nastiness for the duration of the trial, everything that is said and written about Michael will have long-lasting effects on his legacy. Every mocking article, every nasty rumour and every stupid joke will tarnish Michael’s image and legacy even further.

I don’t care if Katherine wins 40 billion dollars. Michael’s legacy is worth far more than that.

This is so true. Michael is losing.

Their need for financial gain is simply sickening. They aren't some average people with average incomes who have lost massively because they financially depend on him like a housewife with multiple children depends on her husband going to the office every day.

If you don't NEED the money then I think it's disgusting to run to courts and gain something from a loved one's death. I really do.

Re: [General Discussion] AEG files their summary judgment motion asking to dismiss Katherine's lawsu

Helena,
You have to realize that most of Michael Jackson fans care only about Michael Jackson. Now that he is gone, they care only about his name, his image, his legacy and place in history, about what people will think of him in future. I don't know how closely you follow American and British press, but in case you haven't seen it, since this trial started Michael has been called "a junkie" (on multiple occasions), "not the real dad" (on multiple occasions), gross photos of his burned scalp have been shopped around in tabloids, and a picture of his lifeless naked body has appeared in National Enquirer in every American grocery store (I personally had to eat in restaurants for a week and avoid shopping, to protect myself from seeing it). Not to mention comments to all these articles that general public reads, where MJ was dissed and humiliated over and over again. It causes Michael's fans emotional pain to see this happening to him. And they WILL get angry at people who caused this to happen. All this happened ONLY because of this lawsuit brought on by Katherine and her lawyers who, on some occasions, intentionally brought up totally unrelated paternity and child molestation subjects that resulted in Michael being drugged through mud in the media again.

I agree with your post and this part is worth of repeating, espeacially the bolded part.

"What makes her - and you - think her/your personal vendetta and probable monetary punishment for AEG justify this abuse of her son? I personally find it very egoistical to want to satisfy your personal desire for "justice" at the expense of Michael."

I agree 100%

Re: [General Pretrial Discussion] AEG files summary judgment motion to dismiss Katherine's lawsuit

If Michael is portrayed as an out and out druggie going back 20+ years, someone who couldn't deal with the stresses of business or concerts, someone who would 'doctor shop' if he didnt get what he wanted, and that AEG had prior knowledge of all of, then I think there is a possibility the jury may actually think that the person AEG negligently hired was in fact, Michael.

We have noticed a few problems that have spun out of control due to members having various views and opinions about the trial and some not posting within the rules and guidelines of MJJC. So to keep this forum organised, threads on topic and to give members a better experience, here are some basic points from our rules to follow as you discuss the topics in here.

PLEASE READ: Basic rules to follow as you discuss the topics in this forum
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/t...ollow-as-you-discuss-the-topics-in-this-forum

Re: [General Discussion] AEG files their summary judgment motion asking to dismiss Katherine's lawsu

Helena,

2) You lend $5000 under a promissory note to a friend, because he wants to start a new business and promises to pay you back as soon as the business takes off. Then you start realizing that your friend is dragging his feet and not putting enough heart and effort in making the business successful, and you realize it may not pay back after all. So you start pushing your friend to work on this business more, because its success is in your mutual interest. Your friend feels bad under pressure, gets drunk and dies in an accident. Are you liable for his death just because you wanted your money to be repaid and tried to make him work harder? No. In the same way AEG is not liable for Michael's death just because they put a pressure on him.

Thank you for the examples, but I have to say that the second one does not really mirror what is happening in this case I think. I agree with the first part about the pressure and all that. BUt you are missing some important element here, Murray.

What if you hire someone to take care of your friend and to make sure that he is in good shape and fit to make the business work. Then you realize your friend is not performing as you want him to and you start pressuring the person you hired to fulfill their duty. So THAT person is pressured to ensure your friends performance and might give him some drug so he stays on top of things.

If you know now that your friend has problems and the person you hired is responsible, aren't you liable if you do nothing about it???

bonjours has all : Shakehands,
after you to have read , I reflected all the night…. and finally I concluded that this lawsuit is an enormous bad thing for MICHAEL, because the heinous tabloïds and people towards Michael will be given some has heart joy for still and still and still to say nonsenses and especially lies on him!!!

And that is fundamentally unjust and unbearable!!!!:angry:

I always believe that AEG has a great responsibility in disastrous unfolding for the end of lifetime for Michael but I also think that Kate and the children of Mike will need more to alleviate the things and to still live a lawsuit is not the best means because one know all that will re-appear as calumnies (the Lawyers of both part will maltreat once more MJ odieusement and will ridicule its life private.) and to go from before it is certainly not way which Michael will have wanted that that occurs for her children!

In short I am completely disillusioned and painfully sad for the futures days of this lawsuit which awfully frightens me how not to be touched émotionnellement by what will be discussed considering the integrity and the reputation of Michael are concerned??............................:ph34r:: Cry:: Banghead

Anybody here who knows which court house the trial takes place at? And perhaps someone have the address?

pls..

Thank you for the examples, but I have to say that the second one does not really mirror what is happening in this case I think. I agree with the first part about the pressure and all that. BUt you are missing some important element here, Murray.

What if you hire someone to take care of your friend and to make sure that he is in good shape and fit to make the business work. Then you realize your friend is not performing as you want him to and you start pressuring the person you hired to fulfill their duty. So THAT person is pressured to ensure your friends performance and might give him some drug so he stays on top of things.

If you know now that your friend has problems and the person you hired is responsible, aren't you liable if you do nothing about it???

I don't agree with you on that. You pay a Dr to keep a guy healthy so he could perform. It's normal to pressure to do his job. You would be liable if you knew the Dr was giving him dangerous drug. If you don't you are just asking the Dr to do his job and assuming the Dr is ethical.

I also think we should remember MJ wasn't a kid.

Last edited:

Anybody here who knows which court house the trial takes place at? And perhaps someone have the address?

pls..

department 28 at 111 North Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012

I think it is not normal to pressure a doctor to do anything, especially to make sure that someone performs no matter what! And if they were so concerned about a doctor that is ethical, why allow someone to be hired that is dead broke?

And about only being liable if you knew the doctor was giving him a dangerous drug... Isn't that what the Jacksons also want to establish? That certain people knew something was wrong, but did nothing? E.g. if someone would tell me that one half of someones body feels hot while the other is cold my alarm bells would definitely ring that something is seriously wrong.

I mean, we will see what the trial brings, but in general I can see why AEG could possibly be held responsible for Michael's death.

Thank you so much ivy :flowers:

And if you want to attend hearing, you have to be at the court entrance by 7.30 am to play "lottery" and if you win,you will be in. As you can imagine many fans will be attending but seating capacity is limited. So they play that to keep it fair for everybody.

Please someone, i have a question: If by any unknown reasons the Jacksons win the case, can AEG go for an appeal or there's no appeal on civil cases?

Please someone, i have a question: If by any unknown reasons the Jacksons win the case, can AEG go for an appeal or there's no appeal on civil cases?

yes there is appeal

Autumn Thome Thome was added to the witness lately, after we were all wondering why he was not on it. Now whether he is actually called is another question.

Aquarius yes they can appeal. This just happened last week to someone I know. After he won the suit & the jury awarded him the money, the insurance company said they would appeal but then changed their mind & contacted his attorney and asked to settle for less than the jury awarded him or else they would go for an appeal. They negotiated and settled for 30,000 less, because the guy was tired going to court & his attorney felt they might get less money with a new judge & trial. I wonder if the family is considering that AEG might appeal, but I have a feeling that the family will appeal if they lose, because they added some appeal lawyers to their team lately.

Last edited:

^^Thanks Petra.

I hope if AEG doesn't win they go for an appeal, hope they never settle.
The Jacksons really have money to add more attorneys to their pool, hope they all drown.

^^Thanks Petra.

I hope if AEG doesn't win they go for an appeal, hope they never settle.
The Jacksons really have money to add more attorneys to their pool, hope they all drown.

Well when the next accounting comes along we will see if she is asking again for a lump sum of money to pay off attorneys. Somehow I do not think she is paying for them from her allowance.

Tomorrow is just opening statements?

Tomorrow is just opening statements?

yes, 2.5 hours each side. they should give a good idea to what to expect from each sides during the course of the trial.

But that's the point--Kenny Ortega's email, the meeting at MJ's house, the statement by MJ that he is fine, the statement by Murray to Ortega--stop playing doctor. It's not true they did nothing about it ('it' meaning MJ showing up to rehearsal ill, confused, chilled). They addressed it in the meeting. I don't think myself that enough was done b/c I think Ortega's email indicated something was very wrong, but he was the only one who witnessed MJ being sick--he was very concerned, but everyone else told him to stop worrying, meaning MJ, Murray, Phillips, etc. Then MJ came back to rehearsals and did great, so that reassured them.

I think it is not normal to pressure a doctor to do anything, especially to make sure that someone performs no matter what! And if they were so concerned about a doctor that is ethical, why allow someone to be hired that is dead broke?

And about only being liable if you knew the doctor was giving him a dangerous drug... Isn't that what the Jacksons also want to establish? That certain people knew something was wrong, but did nothing? E.g. if someone would tell me that one half of someones body feels hot while the other is cold my alarm bells would definitely ring that something is seriously wrong.

I mean, we will see what the trial brings, but in general I can see why AEG could possibly be held responsible for Michael's death.

AEG didn't know about this--MJ called the nurse in Florida--thr one who had been treating him for insomnia with natural products, herbal teas, etc, earlier--Cherylynn Lee--and told her about the hot and cold--not AEG. She told him to go to the emergency room, but he didn't.

Alan Duke has an article on CNN (not sure if it has now become a tabloid or not) and in it he says this accountant (Erk) is saying MJ would have earned over one billion on the TII tour and that he would have done 260 shows--is this guy mad??? There is no way if MJ was not happy with 50 shows he would have done--260--OMG!

Can anyone believe this--what if the jury doesn't know anything about MJ?? What if they believe this crap? And KJ's lawyers are also saying that MJ would have toured into his 70's!! OMG!!! And apparently the judge (I know I am not supposed to use derogatory names, but she is sounding more and more like someone with a serious inability to put 2 and 2 together--but maybe she doesn't know anything about MJ either) anyway, she supposedly volunteered that the Rolling Stones are still touring--so it sounds like she agrees MJ could have kept touring? This is getting like science fiction.

Well since AEG is involved, no doubt they will try to bring in some evidence that shows otherwise. They will try to show he would not make a lot of money, would not tour again, & there were several projects that Michael said he would do & did not. We will see which side the jury believes, but first they have to prove negligent hiring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back