Today in Michael Jackson History January 9th

qbee

Proud Member

Today in Michael Jackson History January 9th

HISTORICAL DATES

1988 "Man in the Mirror" a song recorded by Michael Jackson with Siedah Garrett was released.
It was written and composed by Glen Ballard and Siedah Garrett . The single released off the "BAD" Album
peaked at No# 1 in the US. It is one of his most critically acclaimed songs and was nominatedfor "Record
of the Year" at the Grammy Awards. Following the news of his death in 2009 The song topped the Billboard
Hot 100 for 2 weeks. and peaked at No# 2 on the UK Singles Charts. It also became the No. 1 single iTunes
downloads in the U.S. and U.K.

1998 "The Michael Jackson Mix" 40 of Michael's early solo's and J5 recordings hit #27 in the U.K.

1993 Michael Jackson and Oprah Winfrey attend a photoshoot to promote their upoming TV Special for ABC.

2002 Michael Jackson was awarded the 'Artist of the Century Award' at the 29th Annual American Music Awards.

PICTURE OF THE DAY

a28x3c.jpg

Michael Jackson in West Lake recording studio with Siedah Garrett

SONG OF THE DAY

"Man In The Mirror" Live Royal Brunei Concert 1996

http://youtu.be/5ttuH5V836Q

VIDEO OF THE DAY

Michal Jackson recieves American Music Award "Artist of the Century Award" 2002

http://youtu.be/uVhH-FwpTsU

QUOTE OF THE DAY

"Music has been my outlet, my gift to all of the lovers in this world.
Through it, my music, I know I will live forever." ~ Michael Jackson

* You might also enjoy "January On This Day In MJ History 2013" Legacy Project forum
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/t...y-In-Michael-Jackson-History-MJ-Calendar-2013

* Please feel free to participate by commenting, adding pics, videos or facts related to this day in MJ History.

Last edited:
Great videos. Oh look at him looking shy again when the women scream--too cute! I notice that the Brueni crowd was a bit mello, compared to the audiences in other concerts.

It topped the Billboard 100 after his death? I thought they changed the rules after he died. I actually couldn't listen to this song after he died. It took a bit of time.

Great videos. Oh look at him looking shy again when the women scream--too cute! I notice that the Brueni crowd was a bit mello, compared to the audiences in other concerts.
Its just their culture. For YANA MJ didnt dance with a girl. He also didnt grab his crotch in this show. Their Shaw (King) was there. It is was a concert in honor of his Birthday. The show was free for all the people who attended

Its just their culture. For YANA MJ didnt dance with a girl. He also didnt grab his crotch in this show. Their Shaw (King) was there. It is was a concert in honor of his Birthday. The show was free for all the people who attended

Thanks, I was thinking that, but when I saw the singer in her sexy black dress, I dismissed the thought thinking she would dress more conservative on the stage if the people were conservative. For an artist it must be a little more draining to perform to a docile audience. I tend to think that both groups feed off each other for energy, excitement & all the other emotions.

Back