Exclusive: Michael Jackson TV Movie 'Searching for Neverland' from Emmy Winning Motown Veteran

Re: Exclusive: Michael Jackson TV Movie Coming from Emmy Winning Motown Veteran

Things like this never end well. Ill be washing my hair when ever its on

Don't the same arguments about the casting as per the 'Fiennes' movie apply? There seems to be no outcry on twitter etc....

Wondering if anyone would spot that. I guess cause hes an actual lookalike rather than a random

Michael Jackson Is Getting the Biopic Treatment

Michael Jackson's life story is coming to TV.

Lifetime, the network that brought the career journeys of Aaliyah and Toni Braxton to life with TV magic, has found its next subject in the late King of Pop.

According to Deadline, the network confirmed the news during the 2017 Television Critics Association press tour, revealing the film's working title as Michael Jackson: Searching for Neverland.

Unlike the far removed production seen in the Aaliyah biopic, leading to harsh backlash, this film is set to be produced by Suzanne de Passe, who has intimately known the Jackson family for decades. She also produced the 1992 ABC miniseries, The Jacksons: An American Dream.

Also, the lucky man who will fill Michael's glitter glove has been confirmed to be professional Michael Jackson tribute artist Navi. Though some consider casting an impersonator a questionable move, it may be seen as an upgrade from Joseph Fiennes, who was cast as the music legend in the now scrapped British TV project Urban Myths, which upset both MJ's fan base and family alike.

The biopic is currently in the pre-production stages and does not yet have a solid premiere date.

See the one rule MJ had for his biopic in the BET Breaks video, above.

source: http://www.bet.com/music/2017/01/14/michael-jackson-is-getting-the-biopic-treatment-.html

I wonder why they didn't get Ecass instead of Navi though.
Between both of them he's the better look alike.
Who knows though, maybe he just didn't want to be part of the hot mess that will most likely be this lifetime biopic (I just don't see it turning out good).

Honestly, this might sound petty and dramatic to some of y'all but I wish this wasn't being made.
I just don't see the need for an MJ biopic, let alone a chintzy lifetime one.

Oh rapture. Another MJ "biopic". Let's see how they portray him this time.
raw

Does anyone know how good or bad Lifetime's track record is when it comes to celeb biopics?
Do they do a good job, a cringeworthy job,
or somewhere in between?

It's TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE. They've recently decided to go into the Biopic business and compared the wonderful network biopics made back in the 80's and 90's, they're trash. They're shot on a shoestring budget, they have lousy scripts, wooden acting, and terrible directing.

I had high hopes for this one, since Suzanne is involved. She was with the kids at Motown from Day One, and responsible for the excellent "American Dream" as well as "Motown 25" and other acclaimed TV movies.
But casting Navi-horrendous idea. She needs to cast an ACTOR that gets the essence of Michael-not someone who looks like him with a ton of makeup on and some curly hair. And if she has to cast an impersonator, she should cast E. Cassanova-who looks like Michael even in his street clothes.

She did a great job of casting Angela Bassett, Lawrence Hilton Jacobs, Billy Dee Williams, and Vanessa Williams (as her) because they could act their heads off.

Concerning a biopic let's listen to a quote from the man himself…

“I’m a great fan of art, I love Michelangelo, if I had the chance to talk to him or read about him I would want to know what inspired him to become who he is, the anatomy of his craftsmanship, not about who he went out with last night … what’ wrong with … I mean that’s what is important to me.”

Don't the same arguments about the casting as per the 'Fiennes' movie apply? There seems to be no outcry on twitter etc....

Yes wonder if Paris, Prince or TJ will react. They could dircectly reach out to DePasse. It will be really embrassing for her when Michaels kids do not agree with a documentation which theme is Michael Jackson as a father.

I also think it's really bad timing to be making any kind of 'bio-pic' right now. It is likely to be broadcast sometime during the progress of the current ongoing 'complaints', and those who wish to take a negative view online will no doubt try to drown any positive aspects of the film. Better to wait until the complaint hearings are over, surely.

Don`t know from where she has this information

sanemjfan ‏@sanemjfan · 20 Std.Vor 20 Stunden

Lifetime has already reached out to Prince and Paris for their interest in participating, and maybe they're considering it? Who knows?

Im sure they will. As getting them involved gives the the show credibility even if it is a bag of you know what

My question is is this still going to happen?

That twitter post is a continuation of one posted before it.

sanemjfan ?@sanemjfan 21h21 hours ago thus providing an unprecedented level of authenticity and credibility to the movie, then I would feel much better. For all I know, maybe

sanemjfan ?@sanemjfan
Lifetime has already reached out to Prince and Paris for their interest in participating, and maybe they're considering it? Who knows?

Sanemjfan is a he. He's a writer on a pro MJ blog. He's just saying maybe they have.

The producers would I think have to be careful how this is handled, because since the kids are older now and they were there, I doubt they'd hesitate to call them out if they aren't happy. I feel for them having this s*ht thrown in their face over and over again.

My question is is this still going to happen?
This is different than the Urban Arts satire piece. This is a biopic of Michael's time in Las Vegas as written by the bodyguards.

Hopefully, Suzanne will have more control-she needs to do better than cast Navi in the lead-I'm afraid Lifetime does such poor junk, that this will be no better.

I am already optimistic simply because Suzzanne De Passe is behind it but if the kids were behind it in any way I would be totally sold!

It would be a double-Standard if the Family complains in 9/11-docu about a white actor and they will be happy with it in another film.

all this stuff needs to be pulled if the absolute true story isn't going to be shared constructively for everyone to learn from......if not, it's not going to do one bit of good but continue to rehash the same things and beat around the bush...

Did his kids mention the fact the actor was white? or race at all? ^^

Paris replied to questions on her twitter about the prog cant remember if race was talked about you can look on her twitter and see the replies etc you dont have to have an account

I´d much rather see well crafted and well researched documentaries on Michael´s life, rather than movies. One reason is I feel that documentaries could do MUCH more for getting the truth out about Michael and his life. Another reason: Like many of you, I guess it is hard to accept an actor to play Michael. But if the actor is really good and there is an excellent screenplay, it might be possible to film a really good portrait.

I fear how this will turn out.

I hope for the best, but these kind of movies are very difficult to make good.

Very hard for any actor to play MJ...

someone capturing Michaels true essence is something us fans cannot expect from any actor. His brain worked very differently than anyone else due to his unique situation - an actor finding a place in himself to capture something unrelatable like that is almost impossible.. We can only hope for a great attempt and accuracy regarding events..

I hope this ends up not happening somehow. If it's true Navi will play MJ it will be cringeworthy. I just checked out some videos of the guy and he looks ridiculous. It would be a embarrassment in my opinion.

Did his kids mention the fact the actor was white? or race at all? ^^

Yes Prince, Paris and also TJ did mention it important in their conservations.

For example Prince:

@princemjjjaxon are you going to like the new movie if you're father is for 9/11

Prince Jackson@princemjjjaxon 29. Jan. 2016
@africalove16 no it is an appalling idea to my family and I ( es ist eine entsetzliche Idee...)

michael bearden ?@MichaelBearden
Just seeing this. Are you okay with a white guy playing Michael Jackson? Thoughts? M~ #MJ whosay.com/l/DxFbsrc?

It would be a double-Standard if the Family complains in 9/11-docu about a white actor and they will be happy with it in another film.

Navi is not white.

Back