Raymone Bain is releasing a book about Michael Jackson

Ive never heard Raymone speak anything negative about Michael. She always stood up for him as a person. (his character) etc. but everyones personal account of events will vary. Those who knew Michael had there own personal accounts with him, so that could be why. They didn't see all sides of what was happening. When writing about him they shouldn't get into hearsay or what they assume outside their personal accounts of events.

MJ only allowed people to know what he wanted them to know. He didn't reveal all his side business deals or personal life to his managers or anyone, not even his own family. Only on a need to know basis. (Trust no one) Yet he made them all feel important to him and treated them as a friend. You never show your whole hand to anyone. I think he was very shrewd and wise in that respect.

I am very interested in what she has to say. She may have some critic, but I'm not worried about her trashing Michael.

^ that's simular to what I feel.. She really has not said anything negitive about him and stood up for him when the opportunity came up.

I was a bit put off when I saw her at the memorial, she was walking with some guy smoking.. with this smerky laugh that I just thought for someone that was close to Michael for any period of time shouldn't act like that at the memorial.. Maybe it was just me over thinking but she looked like she was there for the spectacle of it all over to pay respect.

She was walking around like she was no body and I didnt notice anyone notice who she was but... At least publicly she has said nothing negitive and has stayed positive about Michael.

If there IS going to be books released I would want it from people that have it positive.. We can't stop books from releasing and we really can't get upset at everyone that releases a book. I mean how do we pick who is doing it purely for financial gains off Michael or for other personal reasons when every book will have financial gains??

And the realistic point also to be made, the amount she'd probably make from the book is much less than she could making a line of appearences around his bday, or in the month of June.. She could even sell a few autographs that she has to have and make so much off of that..

It can't be just for money here.

I see that many here are quite confident about the content of this book ... Impressive! :bugeyed :fear: As for me, I continue as I have done since June 25 (except for Joe Vogel) -_- ... I will not give a penny to this book. :nono: :pth: My money is too hard earned to be spent on anything. -_- :coffee:

Last edited:
these book are pointless as you cant believe a word they say either way because one, either they have lied in the past and have a history with mj like bain and her laswuits and/or two they have to juice things up in order to get a book deal in the first place.. i dont see the point of reading any book be it cascios or this as firstly to me its a total invasion of privacy and making money for those that are doing it to michael and inturn its disresepctful to mj and two you dont know if what you are reading is the truth or not so why even bother reading it in the first place..

^ there is alot of truth in that however - at this point there is not a high demand for negitive press about Michael. If you notice the tone of public mentionings after his passing has completly changed.. it used to be like 70% negitive 30% positive and now it has swapped.

Bain is well aware that writting a negitive book wont sell anymore, a positive or unbias look at Michael is what people will buy. Mainly peopel that are fans of Michael would take time to read. People outside of the fandom wont even hear about this book just like most other books.

And there is not much reason to lie for the positive in this case? There is not much Bain would gain for saying Michael is nicer, sweeter, or cooler than he really was. (Though there really can't be cooler,sweeter etc. lol)

If someone is going to lie, there is more of a chance it would be to put a negitive spin on things, and Bain has whitnessed first hand the admiration MJ fans have for him and knows if she wants success for a book don't make it negitive..

Of course she could prove me wrong, but how she has been in public, I wouldn't guess she would.. We will see!

Bain is well aware that writting a negitive book wont sell anymore, a positive or unbias look at Michael is what people will buy.
-----------------

mj books dont sell in a large amount full stop imo. the gen public dont care enough. and the fan base is split as to whether they should be buying and reading tells alls.the book may have some positive stuff in it. it may also have blatent lies inorder to juice it up.but just because a book maybe positive does that then make it ok for a ex employee to break confidentiality agreements (something that was done when mj was here) and to disclose private information that they have no right to disclose? speaking generally it seems some fans think its ok for ppl to write books and break agreements aslong as its positive. to me thats a slippery slope. imo nobody should be breaking agreements and making money by talking about private business information. there are not many ppl in mjs life who havnt taken advantage of their relationship with him inorder to make money and imo fans who either out of curiosity (which is what these ppl want to pull you in by) or becasue they dont think about how these ppl are disrespecting mj by writing these books imo shouldnt feed them by buying the books in the first place

Elusive you have a good point because I don't see a lot of people rushing to buy these Michael books. Maybe there are too many out there? It seems Bush pulled in about 2 million, but I don't know how much he got out of that. I won't be surprised if he made the most money, but I don't know. He has been on tour for a long time, when all the other post 09 authors did much shorter public advertising. I think Sullivan got the most tv exposure, but we never heard he sold lots of copies.

To me just because a book is positive it does not mean it is a good book. I guess this depends on what different kinds of minds want from a book. Some books are too fluffy without much substance in them, yet they are positive. Some don't get into enough detail to show motivations and how something evolve, yet they are positive. To me, these 2 types of books are not good, and not worth my money. So I don't think all Michael fans want positive books, simply because it is positive. I notice this argument in book threads where every time someone is against a book, they are told you only want positive books, Michael is not perfect, etc.

There is nothing wrong in wanting a book that contains some in-depth research, where you see the author really did some work and talked to key players. Or better yet, how about asking more than 1 person about the same issue and give that information to the reader. You see this type of writing when they write about a person of significance. Why can't Michael have a book like that? The best example of this is Vogel. I would so love to see a book where the author talks about the Invincible issue, for example, but gives you the point of view of Michael, Tommy, someone over Tommy because even he has a boss, etc., so the reader draws a picture. Now this is a negative situation, but writing like that in a book makes a good book to me. I think it is insulting to people's minds when others state they just want a positive book.

I know these authors like to say it is my experience, and Michael showed only pieces of himself to people. OK, but after reading a few pages, you will see the author starts talking about what XYZ said to explain something that is supposed to be their own experience. Or, they will tell you something Michael did and tell you why, as though they were in his mind. To me this is not a good book.

This last book about Love from the fans, everybody will say that is a positive book. Sure, Michael is being very humane. However, the book itself is not a good book to me. There is too much duplication of information within individual personal accounts, e.g., about who, why, how kids went to Neverland. Some give their own experiences, then begin to tell what someone told them about what Michael did--not good. The author should then go and ask that person for his or her account. Some give their own experiences, then start talking about what they know from other people which has nothing to do with the experience they want to share--no good because this also caused the book to have a lot of duplication of information. There is too much of the same type of helping--not good.

What happens when the readers finish the costly book, is that they realize that 10% tells he gave away tickets; 20% tells about Neverland, which all fans know about; 15% tell about him visiting the sick & hospitals, which all fans know. So the content of what varies in the book is reduced. Now some people have no problem with that. However, some people may, even though the book is positive.
(Now I have to review that book, but I won't say all that because it is for charity, but between us here I am more critical.)

What I wanted to say with this long post is that not all fans think a good, exciting, or interesting book, means it is only positive.

Kopv I think books are written about stars to make money, so Bain is writing hers for money. It does not matter if she can make more money from doing people's taxes, she is still writing it for money. I am not saying that there is no other motive for writing. Even if it is for charity, you are doing it for money. If you give away all the money, you are doing it for money.

I am curious, how do you know she would make more money appearing around his birthday? Have you heard about some fans or public interested in seeing or meeting her, just curious.

Last edited:
i wonder what's taking the book soo long to be released

Ive never heard Raymone speak anything negative about Michael. She always stood up for him as a person. (his character) etc. but everyones personal account of events will vary. Those who knew Michael had there own personal accounts with him, so that could be why. They didn't see all sides of what was happening. When writing about him they shouldn't get into hearsay or what they assume outside their personal accounts of events.

MJ only allowed people to know what he wanted them to know. He didn't reveal all his side business deals or personal life to his managers or anyone, not even his own family. Only on a need to know basis. (Trust no one) Yet he made them all feel important to him and treated them as a friend. You never show your whole hand to anyone. I think he was very shrewd and wise in that respect.

I am very interested in what she has to say. She may have some critic, but I'm not worried about her trashing Michael.

She ALWAYS stood up for MJ even after death.

I never denied there is not a money tie in to release a book. that's why I said in an earlier post "I don't think it's jusssst for money."

and considering the level of sales this book would get, it's pretty meniscal. People don't get rich off of selling a low selling book. Especially after the costs of making a book!! My mother has been planning to write a book (not about MJ) for several years and it really does take alot through the entire process..

Unless you are writing a smash hit book, it's often not worth the effort to do it solely for money. To sell stories without publishing is much easier, much faster, and a quick cash..

If writing books brought more money than selling stories and interviews the tabloids and fake @$$ journalists wouldn't be in business. Everyone that had a story would write a book.

Back