BEHIND THE MASK - the new single from "Michael" in FRANCE!

Are they planning videos or any other promotion? Because the way they are releasing different singles in different countries I wonder if they will bother with any other promo...

Could someone tell me what's the point in releasing different songs as a single in different countries? I don't have a good feeling about that, I think the songs won't become as big hits as they could become if they were released individually worldwide.

Could someone tell me what's the point in releasing different songs as a single in different countries? I don't have a good feeling about that, I think the songs won't become as big hits as they could be if they were released worldwide.

MJ did that MANY times. It's not new.

Could someone tell me what's the point in releasing different songs as a single in different countries? I don't have a good feeling about that, I think the songs won't become as big hits as they could become if they were released individually worldwide.

Musical taste perhaps, I thinks is clear countries differ on what they like so perhaps that could be the reason,

I asked Branca about this, didnt expect we really would get 2 2nd singles! lol

Musical taste perhaps, I thinks is clear countries differ on what they like so perhaps that could be the reason,
That makes totally no sense.... :hysterical:

I can't imagine them going over possible singles and be like: "Oh well Australia is more into catchy choruses so let's do Hollywood Tonight there!".

It's a weird decision that they choose 2 singles to bring out in different countries. Let's say if they'd chose another single for China, I could understand that 'cuz you'd still have a big part of the world have the same single...but within a continent itself? Does any other artist even do that?

To me this just sounds like another lesson on 'how to NOT keep a legacy alive'. :ermm:

That makes totally no sense.... :hysterical:

I can't imagine them going over possible singles and be like: "Oh well Australia is more into catchy choruses so let's do Hollywood Tonight there!".

It's a weird decision that they choose 2 singles to bring out in different countries. Let's say if they'd chose another single for China, I could understand that 'cuz you'd still have a big part of the world have the same single...but within a continent itself? Does any other artist even do that?

To me this just sounds like another lesson on 'how to NOT keep a legacy alive'. :ermm:

I respectfully disagree!

I never realised that Michael used such strategy in the past. I hope it works well. But are these differences between countries still valid in the era of the internet radios and ITunes? I hope the ones who make the decisions about releasing the singles - know what they are doing...

It's a common practice to vary singles from country to country.

Each national department of Sony Music can make their own decisions as long as they don't get overruled by the headquarter.

France has a taste for retro stuff, so Behind the Mask could do very well over there I think. Apart from the fact that it's just the most amazing song of the new decade already.

There will be different song orders in different countries also all countries no matter the order will get the same single releases.

I can also confirm there will be video's to accompany the single releases.

I can also confirm there is an imminent official Sony press release.

I can't wait.

Hopefully they will make great videos.

There will be different song orders in different countries also all countries no matter the order will get the same single releases.

thanks !

cant believe it right now!!

THX for these news :)

if you have any details about the extras on the single TELL US these!!! :D
hopefully a non-live-mix and hm i dont care about any other extra just that :D

Very very good news:wild::clapping:

2 videos are amaxing!

I guess Behind The Mask could be like a Who Is It video.

Michael did it with Billie Jean and Beat it as far as l l can remember l read this in his book "Moonwalk"

Ah, great ! Thanks Gaz so much! ;)
Sending some good karma and L.O.V.E. :)

I just hope they do some creative stuff with the videos... There are so many ways that the vids could be done, without them being montage videos over and over again...

So great to hear there will be videos and hopefully we'll get more details in the press release.

What do you mean with the first sentence? Does that mean that Hollywood tonight and behind the mask will be released in all contries but not in the same order? if that's the case then WOW, great!

So does this means countries (such as the UK and Australia) releasing HT as the 2nd single can expect BtM as the next single, and countries (like France) with BtM released next can expect HT as the 3rd single release in a few months time?

I'm pleasantly surprised we'll be getting a trio of singles and am looking forward to any remixes/demos/bonus tracks and new (innovative) short films :)

Great and exiting news!
Thanks for the updates!!!

My imagination
153lanm.jpg

Back