USA!!! New MJ SingleS Coming *** Official HT VIDEO ***

MsMo

Proud Member
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zjGtTUfPcI4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

New Michael Jackson Singles Coming From The Global #1 Album "Michael"

Album Already Achieves Platinum Status in 17 Countries Worldwide

MJ_Hollywood_Tonight_V2_c.jpg

New York, NY – In the coming weeks, the Estate and Sony Music will be releasing "Hollywood Tonight" and "Behind the Mask" from the global hit album MICHAEL. "Behind The Mask" will be released as the radio single in countries including the United States, Canada, Japan and France. "Hollywood Tonight" will be the single released to radio in the rest of the world and videos for both songs will be released worldwide. Each Sony Music affiliate will also release more information on the plans in their respective territories.

Both "Behind The Mask" and "Hollywood Tonight" are fan and critical favorites from MICHAEL – the unique collection of Michael Jackson songs completed posthumously and released in December by Sony and his Estate. The album includes material Michael had been working on for future release prior to his passing along with other vintage work he planned to place on future albums. Joe Vogel, author of the upcoming book Man in the Music: The Creative Life and Work of Michael Jackson, wrote that while "Posthumous works are notoriously tricky…This, ultimately, is the most important quality of Michael: it feels like Michael."

"Behind the Mask," which was recently completed by John McClain and Jon Nettlesbey, is praised by critics for infusing the spirit of Michael's music from the past. Rolling Stone called it "a fiercely funky cousin to "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'" The song is written by Michael Jackson, Chris Mosdell and Ryuichi Sakamoto and produced by Michael Jackson, John McClain and Jon Nettlesbey. The song's recognizable hook is a sample of "Behind The Mask" as performed by Ryuichi Sakamoto's Yellow Magic Orchestra. And "Hollywood Tonight", which USA TODAY said "pulsates with Billie Jean-esque energy, was written during the time of the Invincible album. In 2007, Michael pulled the track out of the archives to work on the song with producer Theron "Neff-U" Feemster. "Hollywood Tonight" was written by Michael Jackson and Brad Buxer and the track was produced by Teddy Riley, Michael Jackson with co-producer by Theron "Neff-U" Feemster. Ellen DeGeneres debuted and danced to the song with her audience during her popular talk show.

MJ-MASK-EYES%207_0.jpg

MICHAEL
was the #1 global album upon its release in December and has shipped over 3 million units worldwide making it one of the biggest albums of 2010. The album's nonstop success continues to underscore Michael's importance to his fans as a global icon and superstar, and shows how his music continues to transcend cultures and languages. The platinum status for MICHAEL has now grown to 17 countries including the United Kingdom, Germany, France (2x), Italy (2x), Spain, Denmark, Poland, Russia(2x), Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic (5x), Canada, India (2x), China, Taiwan, Korea and the Middle East. Michael is now Gold in 18 countries including Australia, New Zealand, Brazil, Japan, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Portugal, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal and Sweden.

MICHAEL marks another release under the new agreement between The Estate of Michael Jackson and Sony Music announced in March 2010 that continues the label's 35-year relationship with Michael and his music. During that time, Michael sold hundreds of millions of records, had 13 #1 singles and released the pop culture phenomenon "Thriller," which remains music's all-time bestselling album with more than 100 million copies sold worldwide.

Information on MICHAEL can be found at www.MichaelJackson.com.

http://www.michaeljackson.com/us/ne...m_campaign=new michael jackson singles coming

Last edited:
Re: USA!!! New Michael Jackson Singles Coming From The Global #1 Album "Michael"

:DThis is wonderful news! I luvvvv BTM:clapping:

Re: USA!!! New Michael Jackson Singles Coming From The Global #1 Album "Michael"

It's good to see another single release in the US, but I doubt many stations will be playing Behind the Mask in the US. They should have released Hollywood Tonight here instead.

It's good to see another single release in the US, but I doubt many stations will be playing Behind the Mask in the US. They should have released Hollywood Tonight here instead.

Totally agree. Once again I don't understand the strategy. BTM sounds so dated for those of us who did the disco scene of the 80s, it should be HT globally.

Dated, shmated...

Behind The Mask is a great, great tune.

Should Billie Jean never be played anymore because it's 'dated'?

Great music is great music and BTM is easily the best song on Michael.

Dated, shmated...

AMEN TO THAT POST. Mj said about a hundred times that great music lives forever
anyway, gaz said each country will eventually get both singles, just in different order...so its alright

I assume that's the CD cover?

great news !!

The CD cover of HT looks silly. What has the background got to do with Hollywood?

I've never seen that silhouette of MJ, WOOOW!.!.!

Anyway, better than BTM cover.

thank you:yes: i cant wait for the singles and the videos :woohoo:

Dated, shmated...

So I expect you all to support it.

I agree with the poster that Hollywood Tonight would have fared better in the USA.

I have heard they tested Monster & Hollywood Tonight, and radio programmers were impressed. So, what's gonna happened with HT in North America?

Anyway, better than BTM cover.

JAM

The CD cover of HT looks silly. What has the background got to do with Hollywood?

So I take it, you don't recognize the Hollywood Hills.

lol

Don't agree with You. IMO cover for HT looks very nice.I like it:)

SIGH!! IF THEY WANT THE ALBUM TO SELL IN the usa they need to release HT ..but i guess maybe eventually???

I think Sony made mistake with BTM. They should make cover with MJ real photo from Thriller era. In the promotion they should use slogan sth like : "Great song from Thriller session" or "Back to 80' ". What I mean is that they should tell people that BTM is from 80's because everybody love that times. People will say "so it is from MJ Thriller album ? wow - it must be good!"And not only young people would listen to it, but also people who don't like modern pop music.

And for HT Sony should make nowdays standard promotion, because it is modern song and will be fighting with Gaga song, Bruno Mars song etc.

So I expect you all to support it.

I agree with the poster that Hollywood Tonight would have fared better in the USA.

I have heard they tested Monster & Hollywood Tonight, and radio programmers were impressed. So, what's gonna happened with HT in North America?

Thanks for letting me know your expectations of me, I shall rank them just below my wife's, children's, parents', family's, employers & societies.

If you mean will I buy the record? I shall, just as I have purchased every single & album & DVD etc since I became a fan over 30 years ago.

I only hope for the releases on CD.
I simply hold back w/ all my complains. :cheers:

JAM

Pentum was joking. This silhouette has been used countless times, it's even used by many bootleggers for their pirated products.

This is indeed a very uninspired cover. Looks very cheap.

lf

What is up with the creativity, Sony? Obviously lost it! Those covers look cheap as hell. :blink:

You'd think they are able to spend a little more effort on someone who raised the bar so high in all kinds of art.

This was my take on the BTM-Cover:

(I did it in early January)

& HT
5hollywoodtonight.jpg

Well, I love BTM.

Dated, shmated...

It doesn't matter if the song is great or not. BTM just sounds like an old song and it won't get played in the USA. IMO, Billie Jean is a more modern sounding song than BTM.

GREAT NEWS !!!

And the cover for Hollywood Tonight is GREAT!!!

It doesn't matter if the song is great or not. BTM just sounds like an old song and it won't get played in the USA. IMO, Billie Jean is a more modern sounding song than BTM.

I see your point but the day all music is only released just to fit in with chart fodder is the day all music becomes crap.

I'd rather a released BTM got no airplay and still know it was a great song than something like Monster got released just because it sounds more modern.

Back